The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Justin ACL injury forced me to take a hit, also DCL to miss Fulham game coukd be back for City.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 17,279
    Justin ACL injury forced me to take a hit, also DCL to miss Fulham game coukd be back for City.

Justin has been such a great asset. I've been thinking about bringing him in for a long time, but never been able to. Him likely being out so long makes that hit worth taking.

Given that Calvert-Lewin's injury only looks to be a minor one, I'll keep him for now I think. I was tempted to bench boost this gameweek, before we got all these injury news. Will have to wait playing that chip now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Justin has been such a great asset. I've been thinking about bringing him in for a long time, but never been able to. Him likely being out so long makes that hit worth taking.

Given that Calvert-Lewin's injury only looks to be a minor one, I'll keep him for now I think. I was tempted to bench boost this gameweek, before we got all these injury news. Will have to wait playing that chip now.

I will keep DCL though may bench him for the Double it's either DCL v City or Bamford v Arsenal. I think the latter has a better chance of points.

I will keep DCL though may bench him for the Double it's either DCL v City or Bamford v Arsenal. I think the latter has a better chance of points.

Definitely agree on that. I fear Leeds will get a massive win at Emirates.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

You might be right.
    A few more injuries this gw than normal makes it tricky.

You might be right.
    A few more injuries this gw than normal makes it tricky.

Yes, the injuries are a real spanner in the works. Any more injuries now, and I'll be forced to wildcard soon!
    A bit late with the gameweek 24 captaincy picks, as I was out shoveling snow. Anyway, here they are!
    Gündogan: 4
    Sterling: 3
    Son: 2
    Salah: 2
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Foden: 1
    Watkins: 1
    Richarlison: 1
    Cancelo: 1
    Rodríguez: 1

Gündogan edges Sterling by one captaincy, in a gameweek that sees Manchester City play two fixtures. Cancelo and Foden also makes the list. Salah and Son are the only other players captained by more than one manager.

Good luck everyone!
    A bit late with the gameweek 24 captaincy picks, as I was out shoveling snow. Anyway, here they are!

Gündogan edges Sterling by one captaincy, in a gameweek that sees Manchester City play two fixtures. Cancelo and Foden also makes the list. Salah and Son are the only other players captained by more than one manager.

Good luck everyone!

Did you get a lot of snow ?

Good luck everyone!

It varies. Usually it's a bit less snow before Christmas (this Christmas it was next to nothing, only some days where there was any more than a few centimetres), with heavier snowfalls in January/February. This is definitely the most snow we've had in a while in my area though, and I measured 50 centimetres when stepping outside earlier today.

Good luck everyone!

It varies. Usually it's a bit less snow before Christmas (this Christmas it was next to nothing, only some days where there was any more than a few centimetres), with heavier snowfalls in January/February. This is definitely the most snow we've had in a while in my area though, and I measured 50 centimetres when stepping outside earlier today.

50 centimetres sounds a lot.
    We don't get snow here in melbourne just awful 6-8 month winters.

After that salah goal i thought we were going to win.

Good luck everyone!

I'd happily take a 6-8 month winter if it meant no snow, haha! What are the temperatures like during those months?

That was quite the comeback from Leicester. Didn't think that Leicester would be able to come back from that, then they got the opportunities they needed.
    Liverpool in big trouble, at least Salah got a goal FPL wise.

I brought in Ben Mee for a hit hoping Burnley can keep the clean sheet.

Mee off on a stretcher…
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,327

Mee off on a stretcher…

You joking WT... I guess I get his clean sheet points though he has a double GW. My defense is cursed this season, its crazy.

Oh no Dias is benched

Mee off on a stretcher…

You joking WT... I guess I get his clean sheet points though he has a double GW. My defense is cursed this season, its crazy.

Oh no Dias is benched

Seems to be up walking according to Twitter, but the chances of him getting that second game might be slim…Annoyingly, a money league rival brought in Lowton; no way of getting close to his overall rank it seems.

Yeah, just saw that. Really annoying. I have Dallas xcoming on, who might punish vs Arsenal, but you'd hope Dias would play both games…

Mee off on a stretcher…

Oh no Dias is benched

Seems to be up walking according to Twitter, but the chances of him getting that second game might be slim…Annoyingly, a money league rival brought in Lowton; no way of getting close to his overall rank it seems.

Yeah, just saw that. Really annoying. I have Dallas xcoming on, who might punish vs Arsenal, but you'd hope Dias would play both games…

I went with four at the back as was confident of many clean sheets already back fired. I benched DCL and Bamford, Bamford comes in if no Dias in both games.
    Gudagan down penalty given...

Will he take it...

Rodri to take...

Goal just... Gudagon assist that will do for starters for my Captain.

Mee off on a stretcher…

Oh no Dias is benched

I went with four at the back as was confident of many clean sheets already back fired. I benched DCL and Bamford, Bamford comes in if no Dias in both games.

Same here. We could always expect the Pep roulette to strike, but I really thought Dias would play.

Will he take it...

Rodri to take...

Nice. I really need Gündogan to do well this double gameweek. Many managers have the armband on Sterling, and I imagine he will get some goals.

Mee off on a stretcher…

Oh no Dias is benched

Same here. We could always expect the Pep roulette to strike, but I really thought Dias would play.

Will he take it...

Rodri to take...

Nice. I really need Gündogan to do well this double gameweek. Many managers have the armband on Sterling, and I imagine he will get some goals.

Did you use a chip or take a hit.

I don't think I have had Sterling this season, I just don't find him consistent enough for his price.

Good luck everyone!

I'd happily take a 6-8 month winter if it meant no snow, haha! What are the temperatures like during those months?

That was quite the comeback from Leicester. Didn't think that Leicester would be able to come back from that, then they got the opportunities they needed.

It's windy a lot in winter here which makes it so cold. Feels like 0 c often.
    And it's cloudy a lot even during summer.

Becker made another bad mistake.

Dias will probably play the 2nd game ?
    Wow Gundagon scores again, good build up I was constantly watching his movement. Captain points get in.

Mee off on a stretcher…

Oh no Dias is benched

Will he take it...

Rodri to take...

Did you use a chip or take a hit.

I don't think I have had Sterling this season, I just don't find him consistent enough for his price.

No, I had two free transfers which I used. Decided to save my two chips for later, with Bench Boost likely being the one I'm hoping to play first.
    Wow Gundagon scores again, good build up I was constantly watching his movement. Captain points get in.

Nice! Shame it was Sterling who provided the assist; more points for my money league rivals.
    Money League I am in probably 100 points from top though there are 80 or so managers and a few long time top players of the game was always going to be tough.

Spurs not offering much in this game at all.
    Gundagan again god I should have triple captained i did consider it. He is on fire!!
    Money League I am in probably 100 points from top though there are 80 or so managers and a few long time top players of the game was always going to be tough.

Spurs not offering much in this game at all.

It's a slightly smaller gap to the top in the money league I'm in (we're just 13 managers competing as well), but those ahead of me seems to pick up all the points they need to stay ahead, no matter how they team looks on paper any given gameweek.

Let's hope they stay quiet!
    Gundagan again god I should have triple captained i did consider it. He is on fire!!

Great! Good point re. the Triple Captain. Opportunity missed there…
    Gundagon off injured dam! Looks like groin injury.

Looks like he will miss the next game at least ?

There was always a chance that he may have been rested with Europe not far away. Glad he got a haul in this game.

There was always a chance that he may have been rested with Europe not far away. Glad he got a haul in this game.

I need some João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo goals.......... :))
    59 points from 4 players not a bad start, though Dias not playing hurt would have been even better.