The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

I’m done n I ain’t changing anyone.
    I'm currently on no premium strikers (Wilson, King, Greenwood). I try to set up my team so that I can get a premium striker option without more than a -4, though.

I am looking at Kane, with his price drop I think he will deliver though I have Jota, Wilson and Greenwood as things stand. I think Greenwood could be bargain of the season if Ole decides to give him the right wing spot, last week there was suggestions he may start against Chelsea. Greenwood creates chances for fun

Greenwood is most likely going to feature in my team as well. If he plays I might start him, if he's likely to feature as a sub, he'll be my first sub in a 4-4-2/3-5-2.

As for premium strikers, it's Agüero I want, but I can't find a way to get him in.
    barryt007 wrote: »

You say that now, but give it a few weeks and then Arsenal sign Zaha*…

*Only kidding of course, that will never happen. :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am happy with 9 first team players, I have gone with a weak bench. I have Pogba in my side at the moment, he is playing well pre season so hopefully he stays.
    I'm currently on no premium strikers (Wilson, King, Greenwood). I try to set up my team so that I can get a premium striker option without more than a -4, though.

I am looking at Kane, with his price drop I think he will deliver though I have Jota, Wilson and Greenwood as things stand. I think Greenwood could be bargain of the season if Ole decides to give him the right wing spot, last week there was suggestions he may start against Chelsea. Greenwood creates chances for fun

Greenwood is most likely going to feature in my team as well. If he plays I might start him, if he's likely to feature as a sub, he'll be my first sub in a 4-4-2/3-5-2.

As for premium strikers, it's Agüero I want, but I can't find a way to get him in.

Aaahbnow if that happens then defo x btw whenever Wilf posts on twitter I send him a reply to join Arsenal as we need him !!!!
    Every little helps !!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It's just occurred to me most of my team is United, City and Liverpool.
    I am happy with 9 first team players, I have gone with a weak bench. I have Pogba in my side at the moment, he is playing well pre season so hopefully he stays.

It's about the same here too. Difficult being happy with the complete starting eleven given the budget you start the season with. The prices this season make things really difficult!

Aaahbnow if that happens then defo x btw whenever Wilf posts on twitter I send him a reply to join Arsenal as we need him !!!!
    Every little helps !!!

Keep at it! If the transfer does happen, you can always claim to have contributed. :-D

I have a very varied team as far as teams go. At the moment I have one or more players from Brighton, Liverpool, Everton, Palace, City, Wolves, Sheffield Utd and United.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,102

It's about the same here too. Difficult being happy with the complete starting eleven given the budget you start the season with. The prices this season make things really difficult!

Every little helps !!!

Keep at it! If the transfer does happen, you can always claim to have contributed. :-D

I have a very varied team as far as teams go. At the moment I have one or more players from Brighton, Liverpool, Everton, Palace, City, Wolves, Sheffield Utd and United.

I have two weeks of from tomorrow so will definitely take an afternoon to check whats been happening in preseason games and familiarize myself more with FPL stats and predictor sites and how they work...

Have you used... fantasyfootballfix.com
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241

Every little helps !!!

I have two weeks of from tomorrow so will definitely take an afternoon to check whats been happening in preseason games and familiarize myself more with FPL stats and predictor sites and how they work...

There's definitely a lot of tools and stats to look through, in order to be more prepared for the upcoming season!

I have tried fantasyfootballfix.com, but only some of their free stuff. Same with Fantasy Football Scout; have an account there, but I'm not a member. Still thinking if a membership is worth the money or not.

Every little helps !!!

There's definitely a lot of tools and stats to look through, in order to be more prepared for the upcoming season!

I have tried fantasyfootballfix.com, but only some of their free stuff. Same with Fantasy Football Scout; have an account there, but I'm not a member. Still thinking if a membership is worth the money or not.

Free stuff, thats the operative word, I am definately not paying for any FPL advice lol

Every little helps !!!

Free stuff, thats the operative word, I am definately not paying for any FPL advice lol

Many people do pay for FPL content, but you'll have to consider if it'll be worth it or not. :-)

That being said, there's a lot of free quality content out there!
    I could see why people may pay if they feel they are in a position to perhaps win or do well in paid leagues, right now I am way off that.

I could see why people may pay if they feel they are in a position to perhaps win or do well in paid leagues, right now I am way off that.

I play in a money league, and depending on how we'll decide on playing that league this season, I might consider paying for some stats tools. Last season we played for monthly sums, and an overall winner sum (I came second…).

I play in a money league, and depending on how we'll decide on playing that league this season, I might consider paying for some stats tools. Last season we played for monthly sums, and an overall winner sum (I came second…).

That's good, I understand paying for the stats I know some YouTube channels have a Patreon set up for people to subscribe to, alot of time and effort will go into collating data. Right now I am a novice with a below average season played.

That's good, I understand paying for the stats I know some YouTube channels have a Patreon set up for people to subscribe to, alot of time and effort will go into collating data. Right now I am a novice with a below average season played.

I'm definitely in that category myself. Will definitely try to find as much free content before considering paying for additional content. There are some Twitter accounts that sometimes share interesting stats throughout the season. I'll try and compile a list before the season starts.
    Laporte a doubt for the Community Shield, could be out longer
    I nearly picked him,glad I didn't now !
    I had him in my side though got rid, just heard the news on a podcast
    I've been struggling finding a spot for Laporte in my defence since the game launched!

Who are the alternatives for City if Laporte is out?
    I had him in my side though got rid, just heard the news on a podcast

Bloody hell I did pick him,i just checked !!

Swapped him for Seamus Coleman,thanks for the heads up matey !!
    I've been struggling finding a spot for Laporte in my defence since the game launched!

Otamendi I would think,depends how long Laporte is out.

Otamendi I would think,depends how long Laporte is out.

Or Stones?
    If Laporte is only out a couple of weeks, missing gameweek 1, you would think he would go straight back into the starting eleven once fit.

Wonder if Zinchenko is nailed for the first few gameweeks?
    Mendy is still injured for City, so Zichenko could be an option though I have heard the possibility of Daniel Alves going to City
    If Laporte does make the West Ham game I still think he is probably one of the least likely players to be effected by Pep Roulette
    Mendy is still injured for City, so Zichenko could be an option though I have heard the possibility of Daniel Alves going to City
    If Laporte does make the West Ham game I still think he is probably one of the least likely players to be effected by Pep Roulette

Dani Alves just signed for São Paulo. For a while I thought he might sign for City or another PL club.

Good point re. the Pep Roulette. I guess a fit Laporte is one of the few players that are likely to be affected much by it; he's just too important for the team.

Good number of people in our league I noticed, fine tuning my team now, I really am not decided on mid priced midfield options
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    'Benny's Blues' are set and ready and ready to go. Hopefully I do better this season than last. :))
    Benny wrote: »
    'Benny's Blues' are set and ready and ready to go. Hopefully I do better this season than last. :))

You were naff Benster (oops ,better be careful,it could be me this season )
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Good number of people in our league I noticed, fine tuning my team now, I really am not decided on mid priced midfield options

You and me both! I've been going back and forth since the game launched!

Really great to see the league feature more teams this time around. There's room for more! :-bd

How are the teams looking, everyone? All set for gameweek 1, or are there still some spots to decide on? :-)
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,102

How are the teams looking, everyone? All set for gameweek 1, or are there still some spots to decide on? :-)

Looking at my team now, not happy with the midfield also having Kane, Sterling and Salah is proving problematic

Edited: Just changed six players :))

I am researching Cellabos he looks a bit like Ramsey in looks and the way he plays bizarrely... Arsenal opening fixtures look tricky though your lot are likely to score goals even if you lose

P. S. On the app it says Week 1 deadline is 1900 on Friday 9th...