The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    They're nice and clean designs, @Torgeirtrap, and I like the retro feel.

Just to personalise them a little more, though (if I may make a suggestion), perhaps you might Bond-ise the logo - maybe using the football design in the bottom right corner as one of the noughts in a '007'? Like I said, just a thought. :)
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    YNWA. That is all.
    YNWA. That is all.

Welcome to the forum, @conradhankers! Do you play FPL?

thank you for the warm welcome. sorry it was tad late, cancer treatment just takes it out of you. FPL? Fantasy stuff? I'd love to, where do I sign up?
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Check out the thread's (updated) first two posts, @conradhankers. :)

By the way, hope all's as well as it can be right now, from the sounds of things.
    St_George wrote: »

By the way, hope all's as well as it can be right now, from the sounds of things.

thank you i will indeed sir.

Just to personalise them a little more, though (if I may make a suggestion), perhaps you might Bond-ise the logo - maybe using the football design in the bottom right corner as one of the noughts in a '007'? Like I said, just a thought. :)

Thanks, @St_George! I gave the '007' with the noughts as footballs a go, but it ended up a bit wonky at best, unfortunately. I did a quick try at making a Bond silhouette with Bond as a footballer though. What do you think of this one? :)

It might be a bit difficult adding the silhouette to other banners though, depending on content.

GTCSp9M.jpg
    YNWA. That is all.
    YNWA. That is all.

thank you for the warm welcome. sorry it was tad late, cancer treatment just takes it out of you. FPL? Fantasy stuff? I'd love to, where do I sign up?

I sure hope all is well with you, @conradhankers. We'll be happy to have you joining our litte league; As @St_George wrote, give the first page posts a read – and if you have any questions etc., just write a comment here on the thread! :-)

Thanks, @St_George! I gave the '007' with the noughts as footballs a go, but it ended up a bit wonky at best, unfortunately. I did a quick try at making a Bond silhouette with Bond as a footballer though. What do you think of this one? :)

It might be a bit difficult adding the silhouette to other banners though, depending on content.

GTCSp9M.jpg
    YNWA. That is all.
    YNWA. That is all.

I sure hope all is well with you, @conradhankers. We'll be happy to have you joining our litte league; As @St_George wrote, give the first page posts a read – and if you have any questions etc., just write a comment here on the thread! :-)

okay, i've joined, haven't a clue what to do but will look forward to August 9th.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,241

GTCSp9M.jpg
    YNWA. That is all.
    YNWA. That is all.

okay, i've joined, haven't a clue what to do but will look forward to August 9th.

It's not as difficult as it might look like! Here's a quick video covering the basics (which I'm now going to post on page 1 as well):

Youtube has a lot of FPL content. Some channels even cover gameweek to gameweek. :-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Had some spare time last night, so I made these league banners to spice up the thread a bit. The first one is just a join our Fantasy league banner (now placed in the original post), and the second is a template for various things; gameweek winner, monthly winner, overall winner and league standings.

The banners are a bit of a rip-off of these seventies football cards, with the current PL colour scheme. What do you think? :-D

(I might change them slightly before the season starts, depending on how they work in use.)

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

The Banners look great, what software did you use?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

A couple of FPL channels I regularly watch
    Had some spare time last night, so I made these league banners to spice up the thread a bit. The first one is just a join our Fantasy league banner (now placed in the original post), and the second is a template for various things; gameweek winner, monthly winner, overall winner and league standings.

The banners are a bit of a rip-off of these seventies football cards, with the current PL colour scheme. What do you think? :-D

(I might change them slightly before the season starts, depending on how they work in use.)

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

Thanks! I used Adobe Illustrator for the most part, but the worn effect was done in Photoshop.

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

Thanks! I used Adobe Illustrator for the most part, but the worn effect was done in Photoshop.

It looks good it is complimentary to the app design, I was checking the app earlier I like the tweeks they have made for the new season.

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

It looks good it is complimentary to the app design, I was checking the app earlier I like the tweeks they have made for the new season.

That was what I was aiming for! I like the small tweaks they've done too; it was already very clean and minimalistic, but they've made things just a little bit better. The PL (and the company making the game) have some good designers.

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

That was what I was aiming for! I like the small tweaks they've done too; it was already very clean and minimalistic, but they've made things just a little bit better. The PL (and the company making the game) have some good designers.

I have put a team together though it looks weak, I am going to have to ditch a few premium defenders I think.

Looks like Pogba is on his way out, that's one player I need to transfer out already from my squad.

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

I have put a team together though it looks weak, I am going to have to ditch a few premium defenders I think.

Looks like Pogba is on his way out, that's one player I need to transfer out already from my squad.

I have the same issue, haha! I'm trying to find a good balance, but it's impossible to not sacrifice is certain places in the team; either two cheaper goalies, a weaker defence, a budget midfield, or a light front three. They're really making it difficult this season.

Right now I have a cheaper attack, with Wilson, King and Greenwood. I'm looking at maybe playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. I'm interested to see if there is likely to be any playing 4.0 defenders, as the 4th or 5th defender(s) can be a place where you can save some cash.

Is Pogba heading for Real Madrid?

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

I have the same issue, haha! I'm trying to find a good balance, but it's impossible to not sacrifice is certain places in the team; either two cheaper goalies, a weaker defence, a budget midfield, or a light front three. They're really making it difficult this season.

Right now I have a cheaper attack, with Wilson, King and Greenwood. I'm looking at maybe playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. I'm interested to see if there is likely to be any playing 4.0 defenders, as the 4th or 5th defender(s) can be a place where you can save some cash.

I have Greenwood on the bench lol though its better than having Isaac Success. Greenwood will get minutes i think.
    Pogba agent stated he wants to leave, I am gutted as I want him to stay though best to sell now as his market value is as high as it will be. Not sure who will buy him as both Real and Juve have been spending alot already, Real may offer Bale in a deal

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

I have Greenwood on the bench lol though its better than having Isaac Success. Greenwood will get minutes i think.
    Pogba agent stated he wants to leave, I am gutted as I want him to stay though best to sell now as his market value is as high as it will be. Not sure who will buy him as both Real and Juve have been spending alot already, Real may offer Bale in a deal

That's what I'm hoping. A playing 4.5 United striker would be great in FPL.

United will surely have to get a decent offer on the table to even consider selling Pogba. If they do, they'll have plenty to spend in the transfer window – possibly even the January window. Oh, how I wish things were the same at Arsenal…

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

United will surely have to get a decent offer on the table to even consider selling Pogba. If they do, they'll have plenty to spend in the transfer window – possibly even the January window. Oh, how I wish things were the same at Arsenal…

Because Pogba has 2 to 3 years left on his contract United are thankfully in a strong position. They will be looking for 150 million though 120 million is probably more realistic

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

Because Pogba has 2 to 3 years left on his contract United are thankfully in a strong position. They will be looking for 150 million though 120 million is probably more realistic

That's a decent sum of money, that's for sure – but expected given the current player market. Zaha is apparently valued at 80 million too, and he plays for Palace, who are mid-table at best.

(I must admit having a soft spot for Palace, though. They can be enjoyable to watch.)

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

That's a decent sum of money, that's for sure – but expected given the current player market. Zaha is apparently valued at 80 million too, and he plays for Palace, who are mid-table at best.

(I must admit having a soft spot for Palace, though. They can be enjoyable to watch.)

Yeah Roy has done a great job at Palace, the market is crazy, it appears any player that can string a couple of good games together is not far off the 100 million mark

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

Yeah Roy has done a great job at Palace, the market is crazy, it appears any player that can string a couple of good games together is not far off the 100 million mark

Roy definitely seems like a good fit at Palace. Wonder how long his current contract is?

Indeed. There's been rumours linking Fraser to Arsenal too, and he is apparently valued around the 25 million mark. Same with Celtic's Tierney!

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

Roy definitely seems like a good fit at Palace. Wonder how long his current contract is?

Indeed. There's been rumours linking Fraser to Arsenal too, and he is apparently valued around the 25 million mark. Same with Celtic's Tierney!

That's good value for Fraser certainly if you are comparing him to Zaha, there stats can't be that far away with regards to assists and goals scored. I think it's wise to buy potential and promote youth as apposed to buying over priced has beens, you only have to look at young players who have done well at Liverpool. As much as I hate Liverpool they have a great scouting setting up

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

That's good value for Fraser certainly if you are comparing him to Zaha, there stats can't be that far away with regards to assists and goals scored. I think it's wise to buy potential and promote youth as apposed to buying over priced has beens, you only have to look at young players who have done well at Liverpool. As much as I hate Liverpool they have a great scouting setting up

As far as Arsenal goes, they have no other option really, with their "self-sustainable" model. I don't think Zaha is a has been though; he's in his prime right now, and at a point where he might seek out playing elsewhere. Him being an Arsenal supporter is an advantage for Arsenal, but I don't think they will ever get him. A slightly cheaper Fraser might be the way to go - or similar players in the same price bracket. I also hope Reiss Nelson will get playing time for the team this season. I think he has potential.

Does it look like United will look towards up-and-coming talent too?

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

As far as Arsenal goes, they have no other option really, with their "self-sustainable" model. I don't think Zaha is a has been though; he's in his prime right now, and at a point where he might seek out playing elsewhere. Him being an Arsenal supporter is an advantage for Arsenal, but I don't think they will ever get him. A slightly cheaper Fraser might be the way to go - or similar players in the same price bracket. I also hope Reiss Nelson will get playing time for the team this season. I think he has potential.

When I said has been I was thinking of a certain Sanchez lol United are being linked with alot of potential and a few of our younger players have resigned yesterday that us at least encouraging, I just hope we will have enough to be competitive it's vital we get a good center back in

topps1978-pic2.jpg

MUyodmc.jpg
    CaAGuLS.jpg

When I said has been I was thinking of a certain Sanchez lol United are being linked with alot of potential and a few of our younger players have resigned yesterday that us at least encouraging, I just hope we will have enough to be competitive it's vital we get a good center back in

Yeah, Sánchez… That move certainly hasn't worked out for him. He's played well in the Copa América apparently, so I wouldn't write him off completely.

I'm sure United will land a good centre back. I think if they find someone that can work well alongside Lindelöf, United look much stronger at the back.

GTCSp9M.jpg

Ha, no worries. Either way, that silhouette's lots of fun! Nice work, my friend. :)

GTCSp9M.jpg

Ha, no worries. Either way, that silhouette's lots of fun! Nice work, my friend. :)

Thanks! I've added the silhouetted one to the first page, and I'll see where I can include the silhouette throughout the FPL season. ;-)
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,102

I was just looking at my team, some of the price rises are meaning my midfield is average. I think I may have to go without a premium striker.

P. S. Greenwood is having a good preseason, he may nail down the right wing spot. Despite only being 17 he got his second goal today, the winner in a tight game with Inter Milan...

He scored goals for fun in youth ranks
    I'm currently on no premium strikers (Wilson, King, Greenwood). I try to set up my team so that I can get a premium striker option without more than a -4, though.
    I'm currently on no premium strikers (Wilson, King, Greenwood). I try to set up my team so that I can get a premium striker option without more than a -4, though.

I am looking at Kane, with his price drop I think he will deliver though I have Jota, Wilson and Greenwood as things stand. I think Greenwood could be bargain of the season if Ole decides to give him the right wing spot, last week there was suggestions he may start against Chelsea. Greenwood creates chances for fun