The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    That's good going with ten well done, will make things competitive
    That's good going with ten well done, will make things competitive

Was hoping for about 8-10 people joining in, so this is just great!
    @Torgeirtrap Yep i'm pleased with that 3 man defence,and the 2 subs are class..happy.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,060
    Leicester unlucky not to be level, United rely alot on Lukaku the way they are set up.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,235
    barryt007 wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap Yep i'm pleased with that 3 man defence,and the 2 subs are class..happy.

Should be a good point deliverer that defence. Taking the risk on improving the midfield instead, but I fear it might backfire.
    Leicester unlucky not to be level, United rely alot on Lukaku the way they are set up.

Should be back in the starting eleven for the Brighton game, possibly?

Should be a good point deliverer that defence. Taking the risk on improving the midfield instead, but I fear it might backfire.

Yep,i like 3-4-3 ,its worked for me over the years.

I'm on 3-4-3 too, but I've tried to pick a team so I can switch easily to 3-5-2 if needed. Really taking a punt on my forwards, but have to take the chance.

I'm on 3-4-3 too, but I've tried to pick a team so I can switch easily to 3-5-2 if needed. Really taking a punt on my forwards, but have to take the chance.

Who are your forwards ?

Who are your forwards ?

Zaha, King and Aubameyang!

Who are your forwards ?

Not bad...i have Aubemeyang,Firmino & Arnautovic.
    I had Zaha but he seems determined to leave Palace,which put me off so i replaced him.

Who are your forwards ?

I had Zaha but he seems determined to leave Palace,which put me off so i replaced him.

That was my issue with him as well, but then I thought about how important he is to that team, and changed my mind. Considered Mitrović too!

Who are your forwards ?

That was my issue with him as well, but then I thought about how important he is to that team, and changed my mind. Considered Mitrović too!

Yeah Mitrovic is a good shout,i didnt think of him..whats your midfield ?

Who are your forwards ?

No point keeping that a secret as everyone can watch each others teams after the round. Currently have: Salah, Mané, Mahrez (despite rotation risk), Jota and Stephens (bench option).

How does yours look?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339

Who are your forwards ?

No point keeping that a secret as everyone can watch each others teams after the round. Currently have: Salah, Mané, Mahrez (despite rotation risk), Jota and Stephens (bench option).

How does yours look?

Exactly...it will cost to change players now !
    Nice midfield Torg,relying on the Liverpool players no doubt.

I have Walcott (Everton looking strong so maybe lots of chances for him), De Bruyne,Milovejevic (Palace's penalty taker he he ) and Sessegnon.

Oh and Henderson as a substitute.

Who are your forwards ?

How does yours look?

Exactly...it will cost to change players now !
    Nice midfield Torg,relying on the Liverpool players no doubt.

I have Walcott (Everton looking strong so maybe lots of chances for him), De Bruyne,Milovejevic (Palace's penalty taker he he ) and Sessegnon.

Oh and Henderson as a substitute.

De Bruyne will be a good pick for the season, such a good player. Will be really interesting to see how Sessegnon performs in the PL - and Fulham for that matter. One to watch, for sure!
    And to finish,i have Pickford in goal and Fabianski as substitute :

So:

Pickford

Van Dijk,Azpilicueta,Stones

Walcott,De Bruyne,Milvojevic,Sessegnon

Arnautovic,Aubameyang,Firmino.

Subs: Fabianski,Torkowski,Henderson,Lascelles.
    And to finish,i have Pickford in goal and Fabianski as substitute :

So:

Pickford

Van Dijk,Azpilicueta,Stones

Walcott,De Bruyne,Milvojevic,Sessegnon

Arnautovic,Aubameyang,Firmino.

Subs: Fabianski,Torkowski,Henderson,Lascelles.

Looks solid! Here's my complete team:

Foster
    Robertson - Van Aanholt - Doherty
    Salah - Mané - Jota - Mahrez
    Aubameyang - King - Zaha
    (Fabianski - Wan-Bissaka - Peltier - Stephens)
    My Fifteen Players

De Gea

Alexander-Arnold

Rüdiger

Maguire

Moutinho

Pogba

Sessegnon

Oriol Romeu

Arnautovic

Lukaku

Kane

Bench

Pickford

Bellerín

Sánchez

Diamé
    Good pick getting Pogba from game week 1! Did you have any thoughts about whether he could be benched for this game?
    3 good teams....going to be an interesting time....points on the board for @Fire_and_Ice_Returns through Pogba but maybe dropped through De Gea.
    3 good teams....going to be an interesting time....points on the board for @Fire_and_Ice_Returns through Pogba but maybe dropped through De Gea.

Considered De Gea as a set and forget goalkeeper choice, but couldn't find a way to do it. Always 1.0m or 0.5m away from making it work.
    I had a feeling with Herera injured Pogba would start as did Man United fan sites.

Missed out on a clean sheet with De Gea... Though I must read the rules tomorrow I may bring Pickford on as sub may game extra points
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I had a feeling with Herera injured Pogba would start as did Man United fan sites.

Missed out on a clean sheet with De Gea... Though I must read the rules tomorrow I may bring Pickford on as sub may game extra points

You are allowed one transfer per week,or you can let them build up...But subs only come on if a player in your team is not playing (automatic by the system) or you can swap players after all games are played for each week, which is after this weekend (Monday),you cant just bring them on .

You are allowed one transfer per week,or you can let them build up...But subs only come on if a player in your team is not playing (automatic) or you can swap keepers after week 1 of games,which is after this weekend (Monday),you cant just bring them on .

I definitely need to read the rules, I think De Gea got me one point so it's something. Been awake 27 hours and work tomorrow so signing off, looking forward to seeing the first round points tallies.

You are allowed one transfer per week,or you can let them build up...But subs only come on if a player in your team is not playing (automatic) or you can swap keepers after week 1 of games,which is after this weekend (Monday),you cant just bring them on .

I definitely need to read the rules, I think De Gea got me one point so it's something. Been awake 27 hours and work tomorrow so signing off, looking forward to seeing the first round points tallies.

Have a good night matey,sleep well .
    Interesting. Fan sites can be a good source for information, it looks like!

You only get points from your starting eleven, I'm afraid - you can't sub players on in the same way as the World Cup game. If one of your players in the starting eleven doesn't play, then your first sub's points will be added.

You must play three defenders though, so if one of your defenders doesn't play (and you play a three man defence), the first defender on your bench will come on.
    Cheers mate, see you guys on Super Sunday

27 hours? You deserve a good night! Sleep well :-)
    Cheers mate, I stayed awake for the United game lol
    Cheers mate, I stayed awake for the United game lol

Worth it for the three points secured, I guess!