The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Greenwood and Rashford late subs tonight both scored.

Did Martial or Fernandes play?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Bruno came on late also and was sharp. Martial rested as were a few other first team players.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Almost forgot I had KDB and Foden just checked the score from City game, a much needed 21 points from them. Though still a terrible week in FPL. I hope selling TAA does not come back to haunt me lol Just slept 12hours straight, I realise when mentally tired I should never make FPL decisions lol

None of us should be bothering about FPL if we're mentally tired! Hope you'll feel better soon! :-)

Had a horrible gameweek too, and I haven't actually checked my overall rank yet. Just focusing on that wildcard team instead.

It's early days hopefully luck will even itself out over the season, or I will stop making rash moves so early on lol

It usually does! Looking at my own team, I found it very bad luck to have one goal involvement (an assist) in a gameweek with 44 goals in total – and only one clean sheet on top of that. The same team can score double the points or more in another gameweek. Even so, I've wildcarded to get players I've been targeting, hoping to turn things around.
    MJH1973 wrote: »
    A record high-scoring* gameweek 2 is finished, and we have another gameweek winner! Our second gameweek winner of the season is Honesty FC – congratulations! =D>

gvbvuvR.jpg
    League table standings:

1. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 72 - TOT 143
    2. False 9 FC: GW 55 - TOT 129
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 65 - TOT 119
    4. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 61 - TOT 115
    5. Honesty FC: GW 74 - TOT 113
    6. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 39 - TOT 113
    7. Shoots...he scores: GW 58 - TOT 111
    8. Team Extreme: GW 43 - TOT 110
    9. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 59 - TOT 108
    10. Raymond Reddington: GW 37 - TOT 103
    11. MEJICO POWA: GW 44 - TOT 102
    11. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 30 - TOT 102
    13. Ayew Crazy !: GW 56 - TOT 99
    14. Cremonese-killen: GW 41 - TOT 96
    15. Raging Bulls: GW 65 - TOT 93
    16. Anfield FC: GW 50 - TOT 93
    17. Liverpool Richmond: GW 72 - TOT 89
    18. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 31 - TOT 66

(*)

The gameweek 3 deadline is at the same time as the previous two gameweeks – 11:00 UK time.

Well, for me the only way is up.

Same here (hopefully)!
    2 good weeks on the spin - clean sheet for TAA, goal and assist for KDB, and Ings, Jimenez, and Mitrovic bagging goals equals a good week 😁

Well played, @DeathToSpies84!

Had KDB in my team last season, so it was a no brainer to start him 😁

I had De Bruyne in my team for the majority of last season, I think. Though with City not playing the first gameweek, I had to wait. He's in my team now though!

De Bruyne now taking pens for man city helps too.

Bruno came on late also and was sharp. Martial rested as were a few other first team players.

Hm… I'm weighing up going with Fernandes or Martial on wildcard. I can get one of them, but not both.
    Almost forgot I had KDB and Foden just checked the score from City game, a much needed 21 points from them. Though still a terrible week in FPL. I hope selling TAA does not come back to haunt me lol Just slept 12hours straight, I realise when mentally tired I should never make FPL decisions lol

None of us should be bothering about FPL if we're mentally tired! Hope you'll feel better soon! :-)

Had a horrible gameweek too, and I haven't actually checked my overall rank yet. Just focusing on that wildcard team instead.

It's early days hopefully luck will even itself out over the season, or I will stop making rash moves so early on lol

It usually does! Looking at my own team, I found it very bad luck to have one goal involvement (an assist) in a gameweek with 44 goals in total – and only one clean sheet on top of that. The same team can score double the points or more in another gameweek. Even so, I've wildcarded to get players I've been targeting, hoping to turn things around.
    A record high-scoring* gameweek 2 is finished, and we have another gameweek winner! Our second gameweek winner of the season is Honesty FC – congratulations! =D>

gvbvuvR.jpg
    League table standings:

(*)

The gameweek 3 deadline is at the same time as the previous two gameweeks – 11:00 UK time.

Same here (hopefully)!
    2 good weeks on the spin - clean sheet for TAA, goal and assist for KDB, and Ings, Jimenez, and Mitrovic bagging goals equals a good week 😁

I had De Bruyne in my team for the majority of last season, I think. Though with City not playing the first gameweek, I had to wait. He's in my team now though!

It does, and there has been a very high amount of pens already this season.

Hm… I'm weighing up going with Fernandes or Martial on wildcard. I can get one of them, but not both.

gvbvuvR.jpg
    League table standings:

(*)

Same here (hopefully)!

I'd go Fernandes out of those two. Midfielder points worth more and another penalty taker too and United tend to get their fair share!

Though I'm sitting in third and doing okay for points, I've decided to use my Wildcard and mix things up a bit.

A few years back you could only use it once a season so it doesn't seem as bad to use it now, knowing I can again next year.
    slyfox wrote: »

gvbvuvR.jpg
    League table standings:

(*)

Same here (hopefully)!

I'd go Fernandes out of those two. Midfielder points worth more and another penalty taker too and United tend to get their fair share!

Though I'm sitting in third and doing okay for points, I've decided to use my Wildcard and mix things up a bit.

A few years back you could only use it once a season so it doesn't seem as bad to use it now, knowing I can again next year.

Fernandes is probably my favourite pick of the two…but he's also expensive and takes up a midfield spot. Tricky one this!

I think there's a case for using a wildcard even if the team is performing. It's upside chasing really; if you predict that your current team won't deliver as many points in the long run, you can play aggressive and target in-form players and players with decent fixtures, and be better prepared for the games ahead.

How long ago was it when you only had one wildcard for the entire season?

gvbvuvR.jpg
    League table standings:

(*)

Same here (hopefully)!

Fernandes is probably my favourite pick of the two…but he's also expensive and takes up a midfield spot. Tricky one this!

I think there's a case for using a wildcard even if the team is performing. It's upside chasing really; if you predict that your current team won't deliver as many points in the long run, you can play aggressive and target in-form players and players with decent fixtures, and be better prepared for the games ahead.

Yea, exactly. My existing team have done well but have some trickier games coming up so I've used the wildcard with the next four or five fixtures in mind. And changed my formation too.

I have a total of £350 worth of bets across six one-to-one leagues with friends, so this season it's important for me to get the selections right!

Hmm, I think it was three or four seasons ago when it was only one Wildcard a season. Now we're spoilt for tinkering options.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,235

gvbvuvR.jpg
    League table standings:

(*)

Same here (hopefully)!

Yea, exactly. My existing team have done well but have some trickier games coming up so I've used the wildcard with the next four or five fixtures in mind. And changed my formation too.

I have a total of £350 worth of bets across six one-to-one leagues with friends, so this season it's important for me to get the selections right!

Hmm, I think it was three or four seasons ago when it was only one Wildcard a season. Now we're spoilt for tinkering options.

I'm still undecided on formation on my wildcard. The formation might come down to if I pick Martial or Fernandes…

With that much cash to play for, it's even more important to have a good season! There will always be opponents that have plenty of luck too, so the decision making is key.

This is my fourth season of playing (2017/18 was the first one), and there has been two wildcards available for all those seasons – so maybe it was the 2016/17 season that was the final one with just the one wildcard. For all those seasons though, I think I'm yet to actually achieve a successful wildcard, haha!
    I have left my team alone all week, already took a hit last weekend when I was in melt down. Just changed my Captain now though, my bench is weak though it will have to do for a few weeks.
    Rumours Jesus is out for a month?
    I have left my team alone all week, already took a hit last weekend when I was in melt down. Just changed my Captain now though, my bench is weak though it will have to do for a few weeks.

Still tinkering with the wildcard myself, but haven't actually made a transfer in days - just looking at potential drafts. I have one I'm fairly happy with, but it could just as easily backfire as I haven't been able to cover all the go-to teams.
    Rumours Jesus is out for a month?

Saw that rumour earlier today. It's not a confirmation of the length of course, but it looks like Jesus won't be an option this weekend at least:

That's the deadline passed!

Really nervous about my wildcard team. Ended up with no United or Sp*rs players! :-O
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,235
    Here are the gameweek 3 captaincy picks! It's not often we see so many different captaincy picks, which tells us that there are several nice fixtures this gameweek. Werner is the most popular pick, closely followed by Salah and De Bruyne.
    Werner: 4
    Salah: 3
    De Bruyne: 3
    Son: 2
    Kane: 1
    Martial: 1
    Calvert-Lewin: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Costa: 1
    Havert: 1

Good luck everyone!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Really nervous about my wildcard team. Ended up with no United or Sp*rs players! :-O

Did you sell Kane ?
    I've got Kane as captain instead of KDB this week.

Did you sell Kane ?
    I've got Kane as captain instead of KDB this week.

Never owned Kane! Did consider Son for a long time though, but had to choose either him, Fernandes or De Bruyne. Ended up picking Kevin.

Kane looks a good option for the armband this weekend though. Newcastle haven't been that impressive.
    Bruno delivered I did consider him as captain, though went with Salah. I have a decision to make before price changes Martial > Calvert-Lewin?
    Bruno delivered I did consider him as captain, though went with Salah. I have a decision to make before price changes Martial > Calvert-Lewin?

Quite the price jump between the two. Any reason you'd want to make the move now, other than the 0.1 saved?
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,060

Quite the price jump between the two. Any reason you'd want to make the move now, other than the 0.1 saved?

United are still struggling and Spurs at home I fear the worse. Plus Calvert-Lewin still has great fixtures.

I already made my free transfer I had to fix a defensive issue as had no real playing backup on the bench.

United are still struggling and Spurs at home I fear the worse. Plus Calvert-Lewin still has great fixtures.

I already made my free transfer I had to fix a defensive issue as had no real playing backup on the bench.

Seems risky to do Martial to Calvert-Lewin for a hit, unless there's a need to do the transfer before price changes – IMO, of course. The best thing is to follow your gut feeling.

Seems risky to do Martial to Calvert-Lewin for a hit, unless there's a need to do the transfer before price changes – IMO, of course. The best thing is to follow your gut feeling.

To be honest this season I think I need to bide my time, right now I feel like I am not in a great position to challenge for a good rank. So I either just make odd changes or go crazy and start taking hit's left right and center lol

To be honest this season I think I need to bide my time, right now I feel like I am not in a great position to challenge for a good rank. So I either just make odd changes or go crazy and start taking hit's left right and center lol

Same here! Feels like a lot of decisions have gone spectacularly wrong so far. I'm deciding between making a transfer for next gameweek, or just saving a transfer, hoping that things will sort itself out.

Same here! Feels like a lot of decisions have gone spectacularly wrong so far. I'm deciding between making a transfer for next gameweek, or just saving a transfer, hoping that things will sort itself out.

Getting rid of Son and Ings was such a bad move on my part for GW2, my enthusiasm is also not quite there yet. I think doing the Virtual FPL and then the remainder of post lock down matches I feel like the FPL was not away long enough. I am sure a few more weeks and I will get my enthusiasm back.

Getting rid of Son and Ings was such a bad move on my part for GW2, my enthusiasm is also not quite there yet. I think doing the Virtual FPL and then the remainder of post lock down matches I feel like the FPL was not away long enough. I am sure a few more weeks and I will get my enthusiasm back.

I can definitely see how a shorter break might affect the enthusiasm. It's almost like getting too much of something you enjoy. At some point it's not the same.

The only thing affecting my enthusiasm so far is how difficult I find this season to be already!

I can definitely see how a shorter break might affect the enthusiasm. It's almost like getting too much of something you enjoy. At some point it's not the same.

The only thing affecting my enthusiasm so far is how difficult I find this season to be already!

I think the best way to look at it most teams appear to be pretty much in pre season with form etc. United just have not got going and having the delay start has hindered them so maybe they relaxed too much lol where City on the other hand look sharp.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,060
    Chelsea had to come back from 3 - 0 down away to West Brom to Draw 3 - 3 just shows how erratic things are. Lampard post match interview he ain't happy, seems stressed a lot of money spent.
    Goals galore. We've still not had a 0-0 after 22 games!
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    Wasn’t expecting to go up the list. :-O
    d56b6xg4bl7u.jpeg

Still got 5 players to get me points, but I suspect I’ll drop a few spots before the round is over.

I think the best way to look at it most teams appear to be pretty much in pre season with form etc. United just have not got going and having the delay start has hindered them so maybe they relaxed too much lol where City on the other hand look sharp.

Yes, as we've seen from a few teams, their form hasn't been the best yet. Chelsea is one example, seeing how they played last night (I still got two Chelsea players though…).

This all makes it difficult to predict how a player might perform, and players that should be must-haves are suddenly a headache.
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    Chelsea just need time to gel. Give them time.