The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

This certainly complicates things. I've put together another draft, replacing City and United players with other players around the same price bracket. Makes for an easy switch later. If possible, I might keep 0.5-1.0 in the bank as well.

Changed my team several times in last ten minutes, I don't know what to do for majority of my team. I can see me hitting a Wildcard GW2. The striker options are causing me issues. There are way too many top quality options in midfield also lol

Edited: How much game time do you think Saka and Nketiah will get?

I've gone through a few drafts already too, haha! My plan is to save the wildcard as long as possible (which is easier said than done); the postponed games must be played at some point, and it might be worth targeting those fixtures. That depends if the postponed games are played within gameweek 2-16 or not, of course.

Surprisingly, several of my drafts ends up being 4-4-2, even though I want to play 3-5-1. Maybe it's a sign that 4-4-2 is a formation to consider.

As for Saka and Nketiah, that depends really. We saw Saka play a little less after the restart, and I imagine Arteta will manage his playing time somewhat. If he plays in the Community Shield match, then that might be an indication what Arteta plans for the season. I expect Nketiah to feature more as a sub, but he has qualities that Arteta likes. He will no doubt feature a lot in EL though.

Of course Willian has joined your club, do you think he will be a starter? He is currently in my side, got a 433 formation at moment. I have made a bold move in defence lol

I imagine he will be, given the contract and salary. He will bring a bit of experience to that midfield, as well as being a good option. I still wonder where he will play though.

What bold have you made? No Liverpool?

Will leave that until after the deadline lol its probably not that a bold move.

Willian plays were Pepe or Auba plays, unless Auba is pushed into a central striker role again?

So you've settled on that move too? Interesting! My drafts are pretty "safe" so far. I'm thinking structure as much as player picks. It's far from perfect though; I have triple Southampton at the moment, and that feels like relying too much on one team.

I imagine we might see the team play like that, but that also pushes Lacazette out of the starting eleven – which I'm not entirely sure Arteta will do. Willian might compete with Ceballos, who's Arsenal future is still undecided.

Yeah my secret defence plan is set in stone lol it feels like a no brainer really.

How much does Real Madrid want for Cellabos? So you think Willian will be more central?

Wish I was that settled on my defence! I think I'm fairly set on how much I want to spend in defence though, so that narrows down the list of players I'm able to get.

I think it's likely it will be another loan for Ceballos, rather than Arsenal buying him. But there might be an obligation to buy after the loan. Guess we'll know soon. Willian can play both centrally and on the wing, so it's difficult to tell; even Arsenal's analysis article on him didn't conclude. Talksport have these potential formations lined up with Willian included:
    arsenal-3.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100
    arsenal-1.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100
    arsenal-2.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100

No Saka in these lineups though, and I imagine Arteta will rotate a bit, depending on the fixtures.

I was considering both Saka and Nketiah though so early as one injury and fringe players become starters. Having not much of a pre season makes it difficult to gage what managers will do. Though the Community Shield will help a bit prior to the season starting. I really want a squad of 15 players who are likely to start this time. With a compressed season I think we will have to have good back up. Also a player could drop out at any time if they catch a cold.

Indeed, we have little to work with really, other than the games played after the restart – and even that isn't much to go by. I don't expect many surprises in the Community Shield as far as starting elevens goes, but it's great to have a chance to see how certain players perform.

Yes, I'll be trying to target starting players too – and players that might get minutes as subs for their teams. The issue for me, is that I want to have a 4.5 striker on the bench. I don't think there are any 4.5 strikers that are likely to get many minutes…

One cheap striker may present itself likely a surprise from a promoted team or a loaned player. Also with 5 substitutes continuing, alot more fringe players will be involved.

I am irritated by the very soon internal breaks, that could cause issues.

Indeed, and that's sort of what you're counting on, if you play with two strikers. If a third striker in the 4.5-5.0 bracket proves himself an option, then that guy is straight in my team. Right now I have Keinan Davis as my 4.5 striker option.

Given the short break between the seasons, I expect we'll see more surprise benchings, rotations and early subs. Teams expected to be lower down on the table might not rotate as much though (at least that was the impression I got from the games after the restart), so nailing down those cheaper defenders for example, can be key.

Yes, the international breaks – as always – will be a headache. I won't be surprised if an international break forces me to play the wildcard earlier than planned, so I'll definitely target having two fee transfers before the international breaks, so that I might get away with a "mini wildcard" instead.

I think I am close to my final line up, I am ensuring I have a player I can get rid of if I want to bring in KDB or Bruno. I am even toying with idea of going without Salah later on simply because of value, though that will depend on form. Salah has to go if I want both Bruno and KDB.

Right now I am going with established strikers though I could easily swap Mitrovic and gain 2 million if needed, again it will be down to form.

I have just joined a FPL Discord, never been on Discord before though looks like there is plenty of chat regarding FPL to further feed my FPL addiction :))

Going without Salah is risky at any point of the season, but I can't rule out that possibility either. As for now, my current draft includes both Salah and spots for De Bruyne and Fernandes. I'm still doing a bit of tinkering, but I'm fairly settled on the majority of the team. Might be that I switch a few defenders though.

I have Mitrovic in my current draft. It's a spot I've not yet decided on, but his price allows me to have a decent overall structure elsewhere in the team – so there's a case for having him. Decent fixtures too.

Haven't got as far as joining a FPL Discord myself. I have a user on Fantasy Football Scout though, and that's useful whenever I have a few things to get feedback on. FFScout also have articles covering Eliteserien and Allsvenskan, which is very handy for those playing those Fantasy games as well.

I have joined Elite FPL Discord they have a large community now, good streams also a lot going on on there channel.

Interesting! I'll keep that in mind; one of the FPL Youtube channels I used to watch, switched to a paid subscription model on another website (along with other content) towards the second half of last season. I've not been able to find a good replacement since.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2020 Posts: 23,102
    This certainly complicates things. I've put together another draft, replacing City and United players with other players around the same price bracket. Makes for an easy switch later. If possible, I might keep 0.5-1.0 in the bank as well.

Changed my team several times in last ten minutes, I don't know what to do for majority of my team. I can see me hitting a Wildcard GW2. The striker options are causing me issues. There are way too many top quality options in midfield also lol

I've gone through a few drafts already too, haha! My plan is to save the wildcard as long as possible (which is easier said than done); the postponed games must be played at some point, and it might be worth targeting those fixtures. That depends if the postponed games are played within gameweek 2-16 or not, of course.

Surprisingly, several of my drafts ends up being 4-4-2, even though I want to play 3-5-1. Maybe it's a sign that 4-4-2 is a formation to consider.

As for Saka and Nketiah, that depends really. We saw Saka play a little less after the restart, and I imagine Arteta will manage his playing time somewhat. If he plays in the Community Shield match, then that might be an indication what Arteta plans for the season. I expect Nketiah to feature more as a sub, but he has qualities that Arteta likes. He will no doubt feature a lot in EL though.

Of course Willian has joined your club, do you think he will be a starter? He is currently in my side, got a 433 formation at moment. I have made a bold move in defence lol

I imagine he will be, given the contract and salary. He will bring a bit of experience to that midfield, as well as being a good option. I still wonder where he will play though.

Willian plays were Pepe or Auba plays, unless Auba is pushed into a central striker role again?

So you've settled on that move too? Interesting! My drafts are pretty "safe" so far. I'm thinking structure as much as player picks. It's far from perfect though; I have triple Southampton at the moment, and that feels like relying too much on one team.

I imagine we might see the team play like that, but that also pushes Lacazette out of the starting eleven – which I'm not entirely sure Arteta will do. Willian might compete with Ceballos, who's Arsenal future is still undecided.

Yeah my secret defence plan is set in stone lol it feels like a no brainer really.

How much does Real Madrid want for Cellabos? So you think Willian will be more central?

Wish I was that settled on my defence! I think I'm fairly set on how much I want to spend in defence though, so that narrows down the list of players I'm able to get.

I think it's likely it will be another loan for Ceballos, rather than Arsenal buying him. But there might be an obligation to buy after the loan. Guess we'll know soon. Willian can play both centrally and on the wing, so it's difficult to tell; even Arsenal's analysis article on him didn't conclude. Talksport have these potential formations lined up with Willian included:

No Saka in these lineups though, and I imagine Arteta will rotate a bit, depending on the fixtures.

I was considering both Saka and Nketiah though so early as one injury and fringe players become starters. Having not much of a pre season makes it difficult to gage what managers will do. Though the Community Shield will help a bit prior to the season starting. I really want a squad of 15 players who are likely to start this time. With a compressed season I think we will have to have good back up. Also a player could drop out at any time if they catch a cold.

Indeed, we have little to work with really, other than the games played after the restart – and even that isn't much to go by. I don't expect many surprises in the Community Shield as far as starting elevens goes, but it's great to have a chance to see how certain players perform.

Yes, I'll be trying to target starting players too – and players that might get minutes as subs for their teams. The issue for me, is that I want to have a 4.5 striker on the bench. I don't think there are any 4.5 strikers that are likely to get many minutes…

One cheap striker may present itself likely a surprise from a promoted team or a loaned player. Also with 5 substitutes continuing, alot more fringe players will be involved.

Indeed, and that's sort of what you're counting on, if you play with two strikers. If a third striker in the 4.5-5.0 bracket proves himself an option, then that guy is straight in my team. Right now I have Keinan Davis as my 4.5 striker option.

Given the short break between the seasons, I expect we'll see more surprise benchings, rotations and early subs. Teams expected to be lower down on the table might not rotate as much though (at least that was the impression I got from the games after the restart), so nailing down those cheaper defenders for example, can be key.

Yes, the international breaks – as always – will be a headache. I won't be surprised if an international break forces me to play the wildcard earlier than planned, so I'll definitely target having two fee transfers before the international breaks, so that I might get away with a "mini wildcard" instead.

I think I am close to my final line up, I am ensuring I have a player I can get rid of if I want to bring in KDB or Bruno. I am even toying with idea of going without Salah later on simply because of value, though that will depend on form. Salah has to go if I want both Bruno and KDB.

Right now I am going with established strikers though I could easily swap Mitrovic and gain 2 million if needed, again it will be down to form.

I have just joined a FPL Discord, never been on Discord before though looks like there is plenty of chat regarding FPL to further feed my FPL addiction :))

Going without Salah is risky at any point of the season, but I can't rule out that possibility either. As for now, my current draft includes both Salah and spots for De Bruyne and Fernandes. I'm still doing a bit of tinkering, but I'm fairly settled on the majority of the team. Might be that I switch a few defenders though.

I have Mitrovic in my current draft. It's a spot I've not yet decided on, but his price allows me to have a decent overall structure elsewhere in the team – so there's a case for having him. Decent fixtures too.

Haven't got as far as joining a FPL Discord myself. I have a user on Fantasy Football Scout though, and that's useful whenever I have a few things to get feedback on. FFScout also have articles covering Eliteserien and Allsvenskan, which is very handy for those playing those Fantasy games as well.

I have joined Elite FPL Discord they have a large community now, good streams also a lot going on on there channel.

Interesting! I'll keep that in mind; one of the FPL Youtube channels I used to watch, switched to a paid subscription model on another website (along with other content) towards the second half of last season. I've not been able to find a good replacement since.

The good thing about Elite is they stream often in fact I am watching them now...
    FPL First Draft Discussion w/ Steve-O & Jason
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rethinking my thought process, I am making up a draft team for GW2.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,241

The good thing about Elite is they stream often in fact I am watching them now...

The fact hat they stream often is a good thing. Much of the content I watch and listen to, is mostly once a week type of content. Great when you have little time to sit down and watch/listen several times a week, but depending on when the content is released, it might sometimes be old news before the gameweek starts. Twitter is also great when you are on the lookout for short reads; several FPL managers post tweet threads with content covering players, teams and/or fixtures.

Are you planning an early wildcard since you're making a draft team for gameweek 2?

The fact hat they stream often is a good thing. Much of the content I watch and listen to, is mostly once a week type of content. Great when you have little time to sit down and watch/listen several times a week, but depending on when the content is released, it might sometimes be old news before the gameweek starts. Twitter is also great when you are on the lookout for short reads; several FPL managers post tweet threads with content covering players, teams and/or fixtures.

Are you planning an early wildcard since you're making a draft team for gameweek 2?

Currently have a team with KDB and Greenwood on the bench, its easy to get to fixated on one GW, when we all know that half of our team will probably only get 2 points anyway lol

Currently have a team with KDB and Greenwood on the bench, its easy to get to fixated on one GW, when we all know that half of our team will probably only get 2 points anyway lol

Interesting! I'm currently planning on going without United and City assets, then slowly get them in with free transfers. That forces me to have the right price structure in place though, but so far it hasn't been an issue with my drafts. My current draft has 1.5 left in the bank, and I'm quite happy with it. Even with that much left to spend, I have Alexander-Arnold, Salah, Aubameyang, Werner AND Fernandes (placeholder) all in that team.
    My team is currently set up with a 532 formation with KDB and Bruno on the bench, gone for Bruno instead of Greenwood. Bruno will likely be my GW2 Captain.
    My team is currently set up with a 532 formation with KDB and Bruno on the bench, gone for Bruno instead of Greenwood. Bruno will likely be my GW2 Captain.

Interesting! I've seen a few people mention the possibility of bringing in the likes of De Bruyne and Fernandes as you would under normal circumstances, then just benching them for gameweek 1. And that might work out just fine, I think. You just need to nail the best defenders for the five man defence.

I'm a bit stuck at the moment; I have a nice structure in place, but that means having to bring in De Bruyne/Sterling + a United mid (likely to be Fernandes) from gameweek 2 onwards. I could potentially get away with having one of them in place for gameweek 1 and benching them, but two would be difficult. I think it will come down to if I'm comfortable planning early transfers or not.

Interesting! I've seen a few people mention the possibility of bringing in the likes of De Bruyne and Fernandes as you would under normal circumstances, then just benching them for gameweek 1. And that might work out just fine, I think. You just need to nail the best defenders for the five man defence.

I'm a bit stuck at the moment; I have a nice structure in place, but that means having to bring in De Bruyne/Sterling + a United mid (likely to be Fernandes) from gameweek 2 onwards. I could potentially get away with having one of them in place for gameweek 1 and benching them, but two would be difficult. I think it will come down to if I'm comfortable planning early transfers or not.

I try to ignore blanks, I took that strategy last season well tried to. For me I have already identified 5 players I will keep all season barring injury and Bruno and KDB are two of them for sure. I wont reveal the other three yet lol Though you could probably easily guess two of them.

GW2 I just don't want to start taking hits or worrying about getting Bruno and KDB in, plus it will also give me a free transfer to potentially bank.

I posted my team on Discord and people said its the best they have seen with Bruno and KDB benched so I may be onto something.

I try to ignore blanks, I took that strategy last season well tried to. For me I have already identified 5 players I will keep all season barring injury and Bruno and KDB are two of them for sure. I wont reveal the other three yet lol Though you could probably easily guess two of them.

GW2 I just don't want to start taking hits or worrying about getting Bruno and KDB in, plus it will also give me a free transfer to potentially bank.

I posted my team on Discord and people said its the best they have seen with Bruno and KDB benched so I may be onto something.

For me it's usually worked the other way around; planning for blanks when I should have taken the chance on a few more transfers instead. So I'm likely to just plan for the transfers instead – unless injuries or other factors make me think otherwise (before the season starts, that is).

If the feedback you've got has been positive, then you're no doubt on to something. I think the gameweek 1 blanks forces us to plan differently, and as a result we will see more different strategies.
    The reality is with almost 3 weeks to go I bet my team is totally different by kick off :))
    The reality is with almost 3 weeks to go I bet my team is totally different by kick off :))

Haha, same here!

Not sure I'll start the season with a Leeds player in my team, but I have a few players might consider.

Not sure I'll start the season with a Leeds player in my team, but I have a few players might consider.

Leeds early fixtures are not the best though I think they are the team to maybe surprise a few people.

---

Leeds early fixtures are not the best though I think they are the team to maybe surprise a few people.

---

Yes, I think Leeds will do alright in the long term. I still want to see them play before considering any assets. They signed a new striker, didn't they?

I largely agree with Andy re. these drafts. Given all the preseason content we're seeing right now though, I just hope teams won't be too template by gameweek 1. With City and United blanking, that's less likely, but still.
    ________

---

Yes, I think Leeds will do alright in the long term. I still want to see them play before considering any assets. They signed a new striker, didn't they?

I largely agree with Andy re. these drafts. Given all the preseason content we're seeing right now though, I just hope teams won't be too template by gameweek 1. With City and United blanking, that's less likely, but still.
    ________

I have not looked at my team most of the week so not made any additional changes, though have been working extra. Next Friday I have two weeks leave so I will be able to give FPL my full attention.

There are a few players I am looking at if they end up going on loan from big clubs as then they will become potential assets.

---

________

I have not looked at my team most of the week so not made any additional changes, though have been working extra. Next Friday I have two weeks leave so I will be able to give FPL my full attention.

There are a few players I am looking at if they end up going on loan from big clubs as then they will become potential assets.

I haven't done much either. I've looked at a few players to check their prices, but made no further transfers. Like you, I'm waiting to see if a few players end up changing clubs. Doherty to Sp*rs for example, or Brewster on loan to a PL club.

---

________

I haven't done much either. I've looked at a few players to check their prices, but made no further transfers. Like you, I'm waiting to see if a few players end up changing clubs. Doherty to Sp*rs for example, or Brewster on loan to a PL club.

Got a few days off so will have a good look at my team, for some reason I thought the season started tomorrow and there is still another week lol

Still unclear as to what I am going to do or rather unlikely to change much at this point. Some channels have been talking about a Bench boost GW1 and Wildcard GW2 which to me feels like an utter waste. I find some managers online are way to focused on GW1, I am looking at the blank week like I would if the blank week was in GW15 or GW31.
  • MJH1973MJH1973 North West, UK
    Hi. I'd like to join the FF league. Is there a code to join?
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,102
    MJH1973 wrote: »

sgqzjs

There you go mate, nice one will be good to try to get more involved than previous seasons.

---

Just checked the overall registered players in the game, only 2,682,105 that's 5 million down from last season, still a week to go.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,241

---

________

Got a few days off so will have a good look at my team, for some reason I thought the season started tomorrow and there is still another week lol

Still unclear as to what I am going to do or rather unlikely to change much at this point. Some channels have been talking about a Bench boost GW1 and Wildcard GW2 which to me feels like an utter waste. I find some managers online are way to focused on GW1, I am looking at the blank week like I would if the blank week was in GW15 or GW31.

I had a similar moment today, haha! I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet, so that's partly the reason I guess!

I'm in the same boat. Haven't really done much with my team for the last couple of weeks – which is probably a sign that I'm close to what my gameweek 1 squad will look like.

There's no right or wrong as to how people will approach gameweek 1 I think, but playing chips this early seems a complete waste. There will no doubt be gameweeks where having chips available will be a huge advantage. I'm not too bothered about gameweek 1 either; I will however try and field the best possible team I can without City and United assets, then slowly work them into my squad in gameweek 2 and 3. I could get Fernandes in and just bench him, but I see no issues having a "stand-in premium" for gameweek 1, who then will become Fernandes in gameweek 2.

Great of you to join us, @MJH1973! As @Fire_and_Ice_Returns wrote above, the league code is: sgqzjs. If you're unfamiliar with FPL, you can just drop a comment here on thread if you have any questions!
    Just checked the overall registered players in the game, only 2,682,105 that's 5 million down from last season, still a week to go.

There will no doubt be a lot of team registered in the days leading up to the deadline, so that number will go up significantly. I see we are only 10 players in our mini league so far. It would be great if we could get that number up towards the 19 teams from last season!

---

________

I had a similar moment today, haha! I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet, so that's partly the reason I guess!

I'm in the same boat. Haven't really done much with my team for the last couple of weeks – which is probably a sign that I'm close to what my gameweek 1 squad will look like.

There's no right or wrong as to how people will approach gameweek 1 I think, but playing chips this early seems a complete waste. There will no doubt be gameweeks where having chips available will be a huge advantage. I'm not too bothered about gameweek 1 either; I will however try and field the best possible team I can without City and United assets, then slowly work them into my squad in gameweek 2 and 3. I could get Fernandes in and just bench him, but I see no issues having a "stand-in premium" for gameweek 1, who then will become Fernandes in gameweek 2.

Great of you to join us, @MJH1973! As @Fire_and_Ice_Returns wrote above, the league code is: sgqzjs. If you're unfamiliar with FPL, you can just drop a comment here on thread if you have any questions!

There will no doubt be a lot of team registered in the days leading up to the deadline, so that number will go up significantly. I see we are only 10 players in our mini league so far. It would be great if we could get that number up towards the 19 teams from last season!

My team really is dictated by my GW1 tactic, if I decide to bench City and United assets there is not much I can do as I gave probably got as good a team I can get around that choice. It will really come down to the last day before deadline, will I bottle it and dump my plan lol

I remember last year our league had a few Kate arrivals, looking at the wider picture perhaps many more casual players nay not be aware of when the league restarts.
    Great stuff. Thank you very much. I'll be joined in just a minute.

---

________

My team really is dictated by my GW1 tactic, if I decide to bench City and United assets there is not much I can do as I gave probably got as good a team I can get around that choice. It will really come down to the last day before deadline, will I bottle it and dump my plan lol

I remember last year our league had a few Kate arrivals, looking at the wider picture perhaps many more casual players nay not be aware of when the league restarts.

If benching both United and City assets, how many premium will you have left to play in gameweek 1?

For me, it will likely come down to this: bench Fernandes, play a 4.5 defender and hope for a clean sheet. Or: bench the 4.5 defender and play a premium asset with a decent fixture. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards the second option – even though that forces me to make a transfer for gameweek 2/3. Someone made a point about not being afraid of transfers/taking hits early in the season as we are likely to anyway since we don't know which players will hit the ground running. And I think that's a good point actually.

Indeed. It's a very different year for football, with leagues finishing late, and short breaks before the next ones start up again. Can't expect everyone to keep up with the changes. I'll give a heads up over at the "Back of the net!" thread sometime next week, and then we'll see how many joins us.
    Great stuff. Thank you very much. I'll be joined in just a minute.

Great! It will no doubt be an interesting Premier League season, and Fantasy Premier League will be no different! :-)
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,102
    @MJH1973 have you played FPL previously if yes for how long, this will be my third season.

---
    @Torgeirtrap
    I may as well post my team lol, I will do it once I get on my PC. The fact I am posting it suggests I will change tactics lol....
    Edited:
    SoftBlaringDoe-size_restricted.gif
    cnpt1WK.png
    @Torgeirtrap
    I may as well post my team lol, I will do it once I get on my PC. The fact I am posting it suggests I will change tactics lol....
    Edited:
    cnpt1WK.png

A very interesting team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! What are your thoughts on Bamford and the front three? Will he be a bench option only, or do you see yourself playing three strikers when fixtures are good for Leeds? I see we have more than a few players in common, with McCarthy (+Button), Alexander-Arnold, Vinagre, Salah, Soucek, Mitrovic. I'm also tempted by Pereira, but unsure yet if I want to start gameweek 1 with him in my team. That being said, Leicester are having injury issues. :-?
    @Torgeirtrap
    Edited:
    cnpt1WK.png

A very interesting team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! What are your thoughts on Bamford and the front three? Will he be a bench option only, or do you see yourself playing three strikers when fixtures are good for Leeds? I see we have more than a few players in common, with McCarthy (+Button), Alexander-Arnold, Vinagre, Salah, Soucek, Mitrovic. I'm also tempted by Pereira, but unsure yet if I want to start gameweek 1 with him in my team. That being said, Leicester are having injury issues. :-?

Bamford a bench option early days depending on fixtures, as KDB and Bruno come in the West Ham players will also be benched (maybe not Antonio I am banking on his recent form to continue) Bruno, KDB, TAA and Robertson I see as season keepers barring injury. I see TAA and Robertson more as wingers and I don't buy into what many channels are saying that Liverpool are not worth backing and will have a hangover, I think that is nonsense.
    @MJH1973 have you played FPL previously if yes for how long, this will be my third season.

---
    @Torgeirtrap
    Edited:
    cnpt1WK.png

I have played before yes. Have done so for at least 10 years. However, differening success. I sometimes find that I forget weeks and by then, too late.
    @Torgeirtrap
    Edited:
    cnpt1WK.png

Bamford a bench option early days depending on fixtures, as KDB and Bruno come in the West Ham players will also be benched (maybe not Antonio I am banking on his recent form to continue) Bruno, KDB, TAA and Robertson I see as season keepers barring injury. I see TAA and Robertson more as wingers and I don't buy into what many channels are saying that Liverpool are not worth backing and will have a hangover, I think that is nonsense.

That seems like a good plan! I only have Soucek from West Ham in my current draft, and I think it might stay that way. I think the potential season keepers you mention will be the same for many – myself included. I might be tempted to get Sterling over KDB, but KDB is probably the safer option.

When it comes to Liverpool, I think they might continue the form they showed last season. It was really only after the league was won they started to make defensive errors. Not sure if I want to go for an Alexander-Arnold/Robertson double-up, as that will force me to make a few changes to my team – with no money in the bank. In a regular start to the season I would no doubt use all the funds available, but with the blank, I'd rather have some money to spend. Still a week to go though, so a lot might change!