The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Starting to think maybe I should change one of my Midfielders to bring Silva in.

Really not sure what I should do, personally. I got Silva, so he's not going anywhere, but I won't rule out taking a risk bringing in a differential pick for a hit – either in midfield or attack.

Me neither just watched end of the above video, none the wiser, I panicked for a minute thinking I had missed the deadline then remembered no games today. I think I need to take a punt on at least one attacker to try to get something.

I almost thought the deadline was today too for a minute, because of the "Breakfast Club" stream (it usually airs on the day of the deadline), but I quickly remembered it was tomorrow. Good thing we didn't start making any transfers, haha!

I'm still not any closer as to which transfers to make. I know I need to transfer out Fernandéz and Hayden, but I've not decided on any replacements. All will depend on that hit really, as I'll need as much funds as possible if I do go through with it. There are cheap options to choose from though.

Still none the wiser what to do, hopefully some early team news will make my transfers easier.

I'll be checking FPL accounts on Twitter all day! Sometimes someone tweets something reliable.

Rockstar? My biggest concern is City, hopefully we will know who starts before the deadline. I want to triple up on City though picking a third player is a risk. I definitely need to change a defender, tempted to sell TAA to free funds though that's a risk.

No, he has locked his account so only those that follow him on Twitter can see his tweets. I think he had tweeted earlier that he might not have any team news this gameweek anyway. There's another one, @FplScarface, who I've read has some reliable information on City. I'll definitely be checking that account up until the deadline.

…And as I'm writing this, @FplScarface has retweeted this from another account (which also seems to be reliable):

Interesting I sure hope Ole does not match that, Leicester clearly trying to patch up there leaky defence. United need to go 4123 our suited formation and go for it.

Rogers knows they can't be leaky going into this game, so it's no surprise he makes some adjustments. It will be interesting to see how United approach this game.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Starting to think maybe I should change one of my Midfielders to bring Silva in.

Really not sure what I should do, personally. I got Silva, so he's not going anywhere, but I won't rule out taking a risk bringing in a differential pick for a hit – either in midfield or attack.

Me neither just watched end of the above video, none the wiser, I panicked for a minute thinking I had missed the deadline then remembered no games today. I think I need to take a punt on at least one attacker to try to get something.

I almost thought the deadline was today too for a minute, because of the "Breakfast Club" stream (it usually airs on the day of the deadline), but I quickly remembered it was tomorrow. Good thing we didn't start making any transfers, haha!

I'm still not any closer as to which transfers to make. I know I need to transfer out Fernandéz and Hayden, but I've not decided on any replacements. All will depend on that hit really, as I'll need as much funds as possible if I do go through with it. There are cheap options to choose from though.

Still none the wiser what to do, hopefully some early team news will make my transfers easier.

I'll be checking FPL accounts on Twitter all day! Sometimes someone tweets something reliable.

Rockstar? My biggest concern is City, hopefully we will know who starts before the deadline. I want to triple up on City though picking a third player is a risk. I definitely need to change a defender, tempted to sell TAA to free funds though that's a risk.

No, he has locked his account so only those that follow him on Twitter can see his tweets. I think he had tweeted earlier that he might not have any team news this gameweek anyway. There's another one, @FplScarface, who I've read has some reliable information on City. I'll definitely be checking that account up until the deadline.

…And as I'm writing this, @FplScarface has retweeted this from another account (which also seems to be reliable):

Interesting I sure hope Ole does not match that, Leicester clearly trying to patch up there leaky defence. United need to go 4123 our suited formation and go for it.

Rogers knows they can't be leaky going into this game, so it's no surprise he makes some adjustments. It will be interesting to see how United approach this game.

My gut instinct is Ole will be ultra cautious which will infuriate me lol A few have said Ole rely's on players individual brilliance rather than good tactics, today will go some way to answering that question.

My gut instinct is Ole will be ultra cautious which will infuriate me lol A few have said Ole rely's on players individual brilliance rather than good tactics, today will go some way to answering that question.

As far as I remember Ole's Molde team, it was the same case back then; he had some decent players that could get them the results they needed, but he wasn't an exceptional tactician really. Eliteserien isn't a league known for great tactics.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,263

As far as I remember Ole's Molde team, it was the same case back then; he had some decent players that could get them the results they needed, but he wasn't an exceptional tactician really. Eliteserien isn't a league known for great tactics.

Still not done anything lol I am frantically looking online for team news

Edited: I have made my moves two attackers out, two attackers in and I am going for a surprise captain choice. Changing defenders felt like a sideways move and a waste so I abandoned that idea.

I will reveal my team after the deadline...
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,269

Still not done anything lol I am frantically looking online for team news

Edited: I have made my moves two attackers out, two attackers in and I am going for a surprise captain choice. Changing defenders felt like a sideways move and a waste so I abandoned that idea.

I will reveal my team after the deadline...

I'm still struggling with my transfers, haha! I hope we'll get some news before the deadline…

Looking forward to seeing your team!
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Right at the last minute I took a hit when I saw Liverpool team news WT...
    I went TAA to Robertson on 14:59 total panic lol
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Looking good! I acted on the Liverpool news as well, but I didn't dare take a -8 without confirmed news, so Alexander-Arnold is still in my starting eleven (Bench Boost played).

Team:
    McCarthy
    Alexander-Arnold – Doherty – Aurier
    David Silva (C) – De Bruyne – Fernandes – Son
    Jesus – Greenwood – Rashford
    (Bench Boost: Foster – Stephens – Pieters – Richarlison)

My plan involved keeping Salah, and at no point did I consider transferring him out, so late transfers for Richarlison and Son was just a complete panic move…

Right now I wish I had taken that -8 after all…
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Looking good! I acted on the Liverpool news as well, but I didn't dare take a -8 without confirmed news, so Alexander-Arnold is still in my starting eleven (Bench Boost played).

Team:
    McCarthy

My plan involved keeping Salah, and at no point did I consider transferring him out, so late transfers for Richarlison and Son was just a complete panic move…

For a bench Boost you have some good players there expect you to get a good haul. Robertson has assist potential otherwise I would have just left TAA, though I am concerned by my defence though looking at other fixture I cant see many clean sheets, I thought about Ederson though talked myself out of that move as I wanted Kane, I think he will get a haul against Palaces decimated defence plus there are rumours Hodgeson is getting sacked.
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Team:
    McCarthy

For a bench Boost you have some good players there expect you to get a good haul. Robertson has assist potential otherwise I would have just left TAA, though I am concerned by my defence though looking at other fixture I cant see many clean sheets, I thought about Ederson though talked myself out of that move as I wanted Kane, I think he will get a haul against Palaces decimated defence plus there are rumours Hodgeson is getting sacked.

Didn't know that Hodgson's job was in danger! Has it been covered by any reliable sources?

I agree, I don't think we will see many clean sheets. I felt I had to make a change with Fernandéz out, though looking at that Liverpool lineup, who knows, maybe it will be a tighter game than we imagined (and that I should have kept Fernandéz instead, transferring out Alexander-Arnold…).

If we hadn't got the Liverpool rotation news, my moves would have been Fernandéz and Hayden to Pieters and a 4.5-4.9 mid (Saka most likely, who is benched) – and Jesus to Kane. I would likely had captained Kane as well. It will be interesting to see if those moves would have worked out better than the ones I did.
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Team:
    McCarthy

Didn't know that Hodgson's job was in danger! Has it been covered by any reliable sources?

I agree, I don't think we will see many clean sheets. I felt I had to make a change with Fernandéz out, though looking at that Liverpool lineup, who knows, maybe it will be a tighter game than we imagined (and that I should have kept Fernandéz instead, transferring out Alexander-Arnold…).

If we hadn't got the Liverpool rotation news, my moves would have been Fernandéz and Hayden to Pieters and a 4.5-4.9 mid (Saka most likely, who is benched) – and Jesus to Kane. I would likely had captained Kane as well. It will be interesting to see if those moves would have worked out better than the ones I did.

Hodgeson lost 7 in a row since restart, rumours Zaha is allowed to go. It has not been officially been clarified so no doubt we will see tomorrow. Though it prompted me to Captain Kane.

I was initially thinking Burnley defence before my plans changed, though I really did not have a plan lol
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Team:
    McCarthy

Hodgeson lost 7 in a row since restart, rumours Zaha is allowed to go. It has not been officially been clarified so no doubt we will see tomorrow. Though it prompted me to Captain Kane.

I was initially thinking Burnley defence before my plans changed, though I really did not have a plan lol

Yeah, it's not looking good, though they are safe from relegation (as usual). I keep thinking though, can anyone really do much better with that squad than Hodgson? Appointing Frank de Boer certainly didn't work out… Palace are really struggling wit their squad at the moment, so Sp*rs should win this game comfortably.

I had Burnley in mind severeal gameweeks ago already, but I just haven't been able to make a move for Pope or one of the defenders before now. Counting on Pieters today!
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Team:
    McCarthy

Yeah, it's not looking good, though they are safe from relegation (as usual). I keep thinking though, can anyone really do much better with that squad than Hodgson? Appointing Frank de Boer certainly didn't work out… Palace are really struggling wit their squad at the moment, so Sp*rs should win this game comfortably.

I had Burnley in mind severeal gameweeks ago already, but I just haven't been able to make a move for Pope or one of the defenders before now. Counting on Pieters today!

Agree Hodgeson has worked wonders, they don't really recruit top players.

Almost kick off I am nervous for United, which United will turn up.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Auba opens the score for Arsenal!

I knew it was a good call to captain him, as he scored against Watford in his last 2 games against them!
    My Team for GW38
    pJkDuCW.png

Team:
    McCarthy

Agree Hodgeson has worked wonders, they don't really recruit top players.

Almost kick off I am nervous for United, which United will turn up.

There are more issues to look at than to just move on Hodgson, that's for sure. He's been able to maximise what that team can do, IMO. With better players they should be top ten contenders.

Nervously watching Arsenal myself. Stream is a bit behind though.

I knew it was a good call to captain him, as he scored against Watford in his last 2 games against them!

Ooooh, a VAR decision going Arsenal's way (and correctly so). I can't believe it!

Well played! Aubameyang is a good differential captain this gameweek.

Ooooh, a VAR decision going Arsenal's way (and correctly so). I can't believe it!

I thought about Auba though heard he maybe rested, thankfully Kane my Captain just scored get in
    Here are the final captaincy picks of the season!
    Aubameyang: 4
    Salah: 4
    Sterling: 2
    Kane: 2
    Mané: 2
    van Dijk: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Martial: 1
    Pulisic: 1
    David Silva: 1

Aubameyang and Salah are the most captained players in our league in gameweek 38. It's a quite varied group of captains, and it will be interesting to see which captaincies gets the most points. Good luck everyone!

I thought about Auba though heard he maybe rested, thankfully Kane my Captain just scored get in

I think he would have started regardless of the FA Cup, but he might be taken off early.

…and there's the assist as well! Congrats, @DaltonCraig007!
    Burnley concedes. The first time I finally own a Burnley defender!

And Southampton as well. Bench Boost a fail already…
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Torgeirtrap Auba scores again!

Lord Lunstram I looked at him though was unsure he would start, as I have Ings and Henderson and Egan I guess i want it to stay 1 - 0 to SU at this point

Auba scored again dam

Wohoo! I don't own him, and I have Foster in goal – but as an Arsenal fan, this is brilliant!

Lord Lunstram I looked at him though was unsure he would start, as I have Ings and Henderson and Egan I guess i want it to stay 1 - 0 to SU at this point

Auba scored again dam

Won't be surprised if the score stays that way. Burnley aren't a high-scoring team anyway.

Wohoo! I don't own him, and I have Foster in goal – but as an Arsenal fan, this is brilliant!

Auba scored again dam

Won't be surprised if the score stays that way. Burnley aren't a high-scoring team anyway.

For a minute I was thinking I should have got an Arsenal defender in then Side Show bob made me realise that would have been a bad decision.

United game tense, United need to do better or we will get Sucker punched and Chelsea are now winning.

Auba scored again dam

For a minute I was thinking I should have got an Arsenal defender in then Side Show bob made me realise that would have been a bad decision.

United game tense, United need to do better or we will get Sucker punched and Chelsea are now winning.

Arsenal defensively isn't worth looking at. Only Martinez/Leno and Tierney if any.

So many goals already, yet that game is still goalless…
    Leicester almost scored, I fear the worse

Having a terrible GW :))
    Robertson assist, well at least he paid his Hit back lol SU conceded need Ings to score now
    Not going great here either. Haven't looked at my predicted rank yet, but I imagine it will be a red arrow.
    Martial wins penalty, Bruno scores get in