The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am very relieved I hung onto Sterling after my SU assets blanked

Red arrow likely for me at this point, not owning Sterling. No way of getting him either…

You will be hoping Silva does not come on with Stephens being first sub

Edited: KDB assist

Indeed. One minute cameo incoming!

Just checked; down 10k only as a result of this game.

We still have captains to play, this GW is an unfortunate one, I really did not see Everton beating SU and Ings missed penalty was unlucky

A lot of things have gone marginally the wring way, which in this game amount to plenty of points. I didn't go through playing the Bench Boost for example, which I should have, looking at my bench…

Been out walking so not followed game, realised String went off on 64 minutes. City played there three subs so Silva staying benched.

But there are five subs these days, isn't it?

Five subs though managers can only make 3 subs ie sub 1) could be 2 subs, sub 2) could be 1 sub, sub 3) could be 2 subs

Ouch just saw your bench

Ah, I see. Never read up on that part of the five-man sub rule.

If I had played my Bench Boost, I would have taken out Hayden (injured), and Fernandés for a hit. Fernandés got a clean sheet, but I would have brought in Pieters (12 points) to replace him… I'm not sure if I would have kept Foster – taking an additional hit for Pope, but I might have ended up keeping him in case he got save points. This decision can be the difference between a top 100k overall rank or not! :-(

Guarenteed a bench boost should work next week, teams that are safe playing each other will prob be 0 - 0 I will look at defenders myself. Just stick with your original plans for GW38 you have to forget about this one. Though TAA nay not play v Chelsea

Either that, or they try to end the season with a win…

You recon Alexander-Arnold will be rested?

With Liverpool on auto pilot it's a possibility, really not sure what team will be put out v Chelsea. For GW38 I am seriously thinking of selling TAA

Wouldn't be surprised if they put out their best men, but anything is possible I guess. Expect there will be some rotation in gameweek 38 though (which complicates things from an FPL perspective).

See Villa won that helped me hold my rank with Arsenal assets blanking.

Yeah GW38 is risky though with European games on the Horizon for the Manchester Clubs I expect strong sides. I will get another City asset probably Silva or Laporte.

Expected Arsenal to slip up vs. Villa. I've had a bad feeling about that game for some time. At least Arsenal now know they have to give it all in the FA Cup final…

I've been toying with the idea of taking out De Bruyne, but I haven't been able to do so. Now I can't anyway, with the Bench Boost to prioritise. I'm starting to think I might get away without taking out Foster for a hit. Arsenal are so bad, so I wouldn't be surprised if Watford win that game without conceding.

I think Watford are done things are not right there I would not be surprised if Arsenal won if they went out and attacked.

It's good we have until 3pm on Sunday to make transfers I will actually spend time to think about it as on days off soon. Games have been so frequent not had time to always do research into players fixtures etc.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,280
    I am very relieved I hung onto Sterling after my SU assets blanked

Red arrow likely for me at this point, not owning Sterling. No way of getting him either…

You will be hoping Silva does not come on with Stephens being first sub

Edited: KDB assist

Indeed. One minute cameo incoming!

Just checked; down 10k only as a result of this game.

We still have captains to play, this GW is an unfortunate one, I really did not see Everton beating SU and Ings missed penalty was unlucky

A lot of things have gone marginally the wring way, which in this game amount to plenty of points. I didn't go through playing the Bench Boost for example, which I should have, looking at my bench…

Been out walking so not followed game, realised String went off on 64 minutes. City played there three subs so Silva staying benched.

But there are five subs these days, isn't it?

Five subs though managers can only make 3 subs ie sub 1) could be 2 subs, sub 2) could be 1 sub, sub 3) could be 2 subs

Ouch just saw your bench

Ah, I see. Never read up on that part of the five-man sub rule.

If I had played my Bench Boost, I would have taken out Hayden (injured), and Fernandés for a hit. Fernandés got a clean sheet, but I would have brought in Pieters (12 points) to replace him… I'm not sure if I would have kept Foster – taking an additional hit for Pope, but I might have ended up keeping him in case he got save points. This decision can be the difference between a top 100k overall rank or not! :-(

Guarenteed a bench boost should work next week, teams that are safe playing each other will prob be 0 - 0 I will look at defenders myself. Just stick with your original plans for GW38 you have to forget about this one. Though TAA nay not play v Chelsea

Either that, or they try to end the season with a win…

You recon Alexander-Arnold will be rested?

With Liverpool on auto pilot it's a possibility, really not sure what team will be put out v Chelsea. For GW38 I am seriously thinking of selling TAA

Wouldn't be surprised if they put out their best men, but anything is possible I guess. Expect there will be some rotation in gameweek 38 though (which complicates things from an FPL perspective).

See Villa won that helped me hold my rank with Arsenal assets blanking.

Yeah GW38 is risky though with European games on the Horizon for the Manchester Clubs I expect strong sides. I will get another City asset probably Silva or Laporte.

Expected Arsenal to slip up vs. Villa. I've had a bad feeling about that game for some time. At least Arsenal now know they have to give it all in the FA Cup final…

I've been toying with the idea of taking out De Bruyne, but I haven't been able to do so. Now I can't anyway, with the Bench Boost to prioritise. I'm starting to think I might get away without taking out Foster for a hit. Arsenal are so bad, so I wouldn't be surprised if Watford win that game without conceding.

I think Watford are done things are not right there I would not be surprised if Arsenal won if they went out and attacked.

It's good we have until 3pm on Sunday to make transfers I will actually spend time to think about it as on days off soon. Games have been so frequent not had time to always do research into players fixtures etc.

Things are certainly not right at Watford! At the same time, when they have something to fight for, it makes them tougher to beat. Just look at Villa last night. Arsenal didn't really have chances to score.

Yeah, the quick turnaround between each gameweek hasn't helped me either. It's alright sometimes, because then you just have to go with the gut feeling. But over a season, you might find it difficult to do good decisions in such a short time. If we include factors like rotation and injuries, you need quite a bit of luck to do well in the game.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,334
    @Torgeirtrap you were right it was a risk to bench Antonio though Greenwood thankfully scored and I am very happy I Captained Martial for the assist, Fernandes yellow will help my rank hopefully to those who captained him.

Edited: currently on 61 points and back up to 37K, one more GW to go top 50K is on. Though Liverpool v Chelsea could effect that [-O<

Ole playing for a draw at Leicester last game I can see it, we won't make top four. Ole blew it today v West Ham.
    @Torgeirtrap you were right it was a risk to bench Antonio though Greenwood thankfully scored and I am very happy I Captained Martial for the assist, Fernandes yellow will help my rank hopefully to those who captained him.

Like me, you mean? ;-)
    Was it a penalty Antonio scored? I didn't watch the game.

13k rank drop at the moment. If Chelsea and Mané does well tonight, the read arrow will become even more red.

Like me, you mean? ;-)

13k rank drop at the moment. If Chelsea and Mané does well tonight, the read arrow will become even more red.

Yeah penalty its points on the bench though Greenwood has got 3 Bonus points. United won't get top four we will lose to Leicester away I can see it.

Like me, you mean? ;-)

Yeah penalty its points on the bench though Greenwood has got 3 Bonus points. United won't get top four we will lose to Leicester away I can see it.

Ah, bad luck. But doesn't Noble take pens for West Ham?

Leicester have several injuries, don't they? If Sp*rs can get an easy win against them, United should too. The only threat the way I see it, is Jamie Vardy.
    Liverpool battering Chelsea keeps United in 3rd gonna go to the last day...

3-1 now, Giroud. Some might disagree, but if Lampard had played Giroud more often this season I'm convinced Chelsea would have had that third spot by now. He's maybe the most underrated striker in the league. I've still not gotten over Arsenal selling him…

3-1 now, Giroud. Some might disagree, but if Lampard had played Giroud more often this season I'm convinced Chelsea would have had that third spot by now. He's maybe the most underrated striker in the league. I've still not gotten over Arsenal selling him…

Giroud is one of the few strikers in the league that can hold up the ball and bully defenders. Do you wish he had stayed at Arsenal?

Giroud is one of the few strikers in the league that can hold up the ball and bully defenders. Do you wish he had stayed at Arsenal?

Oh, very much so – and for those specific reasons. I think he could have done a job for both Emery and Arteta. Arsenal lack that kind of player; Lacazette can do it to some extent, but as a real physical threat, you need someone like Giroud. He works so well in that France squad too because of it.

Oh, very much so – and for those specific reasons. I think he could have done a job for both Emery and Arteta. Arsenal lack that kind of player; Lacazette can do it to some extent, but as a real physical threat, you need someone like Giroud. He works so well in that France squad too because of it.

Wow 8 goals in late game. At least Salah only hot an assist and Mané blanked I think... Chelsea losing is good for me lol

I had a decent GW in the end despite poor start

Wow 8 goals in late game. At least Salah only hot an assist and Mané blanked I think... Chelsea losing is good for me lol

Mané got an assist; can't remember who scored that goal though. United only need one point to get CL next season, don't they?

I'm on a red arrow currently, but only down 1k (as opposed to 13k earlier). Auto-subs wasn't calculated yet when I checked, so I don't know how my gameweek rank will be like with Stephens coming in for Silva. Small green maybe.

Mané got an assist; can't remember who scored that goal though. United only need one point to get CL next season, don't they?

I'm on a red arrow currently, but only down 1k (as opposed to 13k earlier). Auto-subs wasn't calculated yet when I checked, so I don't know how my gameweek rank will be like with Stephens coming in for Silva. Small green maybe.

Can't see Mané name on the FPL info though Jiminez, was not listed initially despite getting an assist the other day.

United need only a draw though always dangerous as I feel more confident when we need to go all out to win.

Can't see Mané name on the FPL info though Jiminez, was nit listed initially despite gettinan assist the other say.

United need only a draw though always dangerous as I feel more confident when we need to go all out to win.

That's strange, I checked again, and he's listed with an assist. Maybe there's a bug?

Given Leicester's injuries, I think it's all up to United to get the result they want. Although I can't see it happening, it would be quite the story if Schmeichel denies them a CL spot (if the attacking players deliver in the other end of the pitch).

Can't see Mané name on the FPL info though Jiminez, was nit listed initially despite gettinan assist the other say.

That's strange, I checked again, and he's listed with an assist. Maybe there's a bug?

Given Leicester's injuries, I think it's all up to United to get the result they want. Although I can't see it happening, it would be quite the story if Schmeichel denies them a CL spot (if the attacking players deliver in the other end of the pitch).

Sorry my typing was atrocious on last message, on mobile lol

Ole can play it safe and when he does it backfires, if United are cautious we could slip up. Though you are right Leicester have injurys certainly in defence they are there to be beaten. It's going to be a nervy game to watch on Sunday can't wait lol

Sorry my typing was atrocious on last message, on mobile lol

Ole can play it safe and when he does it backfires, if United are cautious we could slip up. Though you are right Leicester have injurys certainly in defence they are there to be beaten. It's going to be a nervy game to watch on Sunday can't wait lol

No doubt!
    The penultimate gameweek is finished, which means we have another gameweek winner! Our gameweek 37+ winner is EMRE CAN Fan – congratulations! =D>

VwqMh4o.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 29: Overload
    GW 30+: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 31+: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32+: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33+: Team Extreme
    GW 34+: MEJICO POWA
    GW 35+: George'sRetroRockets
    GW 36+: MEJICO POWA
    GW 37+: EMRE CAN Fan
    League table standings:

1. Team Extreme: GW 74 – TOT 2242
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 71 – TOT 2185
    3. 11FishFingers: GW 82 – TOT 2155
    4. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 61 – TOT 2111
    5. Anfield FC: GW 59 – TOT 2020
    6. AnotherWastedCorner: GW 75 – TOT 1998
    7. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 111 – TOT 1989
    8. AFC Fritzson: GW 48 – TOT 1982
    9. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 51 – TOT 1952
    10. MEJICO POWA: GW 87 – TOT 1949
    11. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 71 – TOT 1942
    12. Overload: GW 51 – TOT 1934
    13. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 49 – TOT 1911
    14. bliblikadek: GW 44 – TOT 1908
    15. Flitwick Flyers: GW 52 – TOT 1830
    16. Benny’sBlues: GW 52 – TOT 1805
    17. George’sRetroRockets: GW 89 – TOT 1782
    18. GoldyTheRef: GW 25 – TOT 1733
    19. Manchester United: GW 49 – TOT 1491
    _________

With gameweek 37+ out of the way, this means we only have one gameweek left! You have until Sunday 15:00 UK time to sort out your teams, so spend that time wisely, making sure you have the best team possible for the final matches!
    Congratulations EMRE CAN Fan, great score.

---

Reasonably happy with my Mid and Attack, likely my 2 free transfers will be in defence, looking at option now though will make moves on Sunday.

---

Reasonably happy with my Mid and Attack, likely my 2 free transfers will be in defence, looking at option now though will make moves on Sunday.

It will be Fernández and Hayden out for me, unless there are news that forces me to prioritise differently, keeping Fernandez. I'm likely to take a hit as well, but for who, I really don't know yet. Many players to consider up until the deadline. And more so than at any point this season, we have to keep an eye out for team news.

---

It will be Fernández and Hayden out for me, unless there are news that forces me to prioritise differently, keeping Fernandez. I'm likely to take a hit as well, but for who, I really don't know yet. Many players to consider up until the deadline. And more so than at any point this season, we have to keep an eye out for team news.

I may take a hit toying with idea of Pulisic though Chelsea are inconsistent and Wolves could get something at the bridge.

Currently 3rd FPL manager in the world is there guest.

---

I may take a hit toying with idea of Pulisic though Chelsea are inconsistent and Wolves could get something at the bridge.

Currently 3rd FPL manager in the world is there guest.

Pulisic looked fresh coming off the bench last game. Difficult game to predict on Sunday though; it can go either way.

I watched the last half of this yesterday. Will need to watch the first half too before Sunday, in case there are some interesting stats to take into consideration when picking my team. I'm currently 297 points behind the guy that's 3rd overall.

Starting to think maybe I should change one of my Midfielders to bring Silva in.

Starting to think maybe I should change one of my Midfielders to bring Silva in.

Really not sure what I should do, personally. I got Silva, so he's not going anywhere, but I won't rule out taking a risk bringing in a differential pick for a hit – either in midfield or attack.

Really not sure what I should do, personally. I got Silva, so he's not going anywhere, but I won't rule out taking a risk bringing in a differential pick for a hit – either in midfield or attack.

Me neither just watched end of the above video, none the wiser, I panicked for a minute thinking I had missed the deadline then remembered no games today. I think I need to take a punt on at least one attacker to try to get something.

Me neither just watched end of the above video, none the wiser, I panicked for a minute thinking I had missed the deadline then remembered no games today. I think I need to take a punt on at least one attacker to try to get something.

I almost thought the deadline was today too for a minute, because of the "Breakfast Club" stream (it usually airs on the day of the deadline), but I quickly remembered it was tomorrow. Good thing we didn't start making any transfers, haha!

I'm still not any closer as to which transfers to make. I know I need to transfer out Fernandéz and Hayden, but I've not decided on any replacements. All will depend on that hit really, as I'll need as much funds as possible if I do go through with it. There are cheap options to choose from though.

I almost thought the deadline was today too for a minute, because of the "Breakfast Club" stream (it usually airs on the day of the deadline), but I quickly remembered it was tomorrow. Good thing we didn't start making any transfers, haha!

I'm still not any closer as to which transfers to make. I know I need to transfer out Fernandéz and Hayden, but I've not decided on any replacements. All will depend on that hit really, as I'll need as much funds as possible if I do go through with it. There are cheap options to choose from though.

Still none the wiser what to do, hopefully some early team news will make my transfers easier.

Still none the wiser what to do, hopefully some early team news will make my transfers easier.

I'll be checking FPL accounts on Twitter all day! Sometimes someone tweets something reliable.

I'll be checking FPL accounts on Twitter all day! Sometimes someone tweets something reliable.

Rockstar? My biggest concern is City, hopefully we will know who starts before the deadline. I want to triple up on City though picking a third player is a risk. I definitely need to change a defender, tempted to sell TAA to free funds though that's a risk.

Rockstar? My biggest concern is City, hopefully we will know who starts before the deadline. I want to triple up on City though picking a third player is a risk. I definitely need to change a defender, tempted to sell TAA to free funds though that's a risk.

No, he has locked his account so only those that follow him on Twitter can see his tweets. I think he had tweeted earlier that he might not have any team news this gameweek anyway. There's another one, @FplScarface, who I've read has some reliable information on City. I'll definitely be checking that account up until the deadline.

…And as I'm writing this, @FplScarface has retweeted this from another account (which also seems to be reliable):

No, he has locked his account so only those that follow him on Twitter can see his tweets. I think he had tweeted earlier that he might not have any team news this gameweek anyway. There's another one, @FplScarface, who I've read has some reliable information on City. I'll definitely be checking that account up until the deadline.

…And as I'm writing this, @FplScarface has retweeted this from another account (which also seems to be reliable):

Interesting I sure hope Ole does not match that, Leicester clearly trying to patch up there leaky defence. United need to go 4123 our suited formation and go for it.