The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Bardsley on for bonus points as well. Might be another decision I've got wrong this season…

Have you just sold him?

FPL has Pope as man of the match... against 9 men :-O

---

I see Arsenal are leading going into half time

No, I didn't buy him! One of my options going into this gameweek was to get him instead of saving the transfer…

That's strange? He's a bonus points magnet though.
    _______

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED!

I had a feeling City would lose, in front of goal the loss of Aguero is catching up with them. Jesus and Sterling grab goals though City really don't have anyone prolific at the moment.

Maybe that's why you're having such a great FPL season? :-? :D

I didn't expect this. At. all. Arsenal were lucky against Liverpool, and I thought City would punish them if they played like they did Wednesday. Couldn't be happier being wrong!

Football really is a funny old game and often difficult to predict lol

Ings has scored again, one good decision I made during restart, hopefully he will get more. I read that the Bournemouth defence is decimated by injurys etc.

I was surprised Rodri and Fernandinho were on the bench for City, when I saw that I felt Arsenal had an even better chance.

Very much so! I don't think many predicted Sheffield United so high up on the table, for example.

Ings continues to punish me. I've been trying to get him back, but there has been so many other transfers to make (some which in hindsight was a waste). I've really struggled with my decision making this season. Taking hits when I probably shouldn't have, and not taken hits when I could have benefited from doing so. Oh well, there's always next season.
    Ings penalty... Saved [-( that's points deducted, hopefully he will still get bonus

He's scored a goal, so that will have an impact on the bonus point system. Ramsdale might grab three of them though, having saved a pen.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Unfortunately Ings penalty miss has brought his points down to 4, hopefully he can score again or get an assist
    Unfortunately Ings penalty miss has brought his points down to 4, hopefully he can score again or get an assist

Given his form I won't be surprised if he does!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2020 Posts: 23,263
    Son has scored again, Kane assist... Why did I sell Son major error on my part.

p.s. Great for United top four hopes :))

Ugh, hate it when Sp*rs are scoring…

I had almost forgot that I had McCarthy in goal this gameweek. Haven't been many goalkeeper clean sheets for me lately!
    De Gea
    Williams Maguire Lindelof Baily AWB
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

Man United team news for F.A. Cup game v Chelsea.

Martial and Greenwood not starting which is good in a way for the League and FPL, though five at the back why Ole... 8-| I guess Ole thinks he needs to Nullify Chelsea's wingers.

---

Son not given goal it was an OG

Spurs winning 3 - 0 Kane brace, good for United's top four hopes now.

United could go into fourth without playing if goal difference goes our way, come on Spurs lol

I had almost forgot that I had McCarthy in goal this gameweek. Haven't been many goalkeeper clean sheets for me lately!

Southampton have been good since restart, crazy to think back to the thrashing they got from Leicester, credit to manager for not buckling.

7o0QMCm.png

I think Bournemouth have gone, very tight for 3rd and 4th, keeps the season interesting going into the final games.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,269
    De Gea
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

Martial and Greenwood not starting which is good in a way for the League and FPL, though five at the back why Ole... 8-| I guess Ole thinks he needs to Nullify Chelsea's wingers.

---

United could go into fourth without playing if goal difference goes our way, come on Spurs lol

Didn't expect that lineup from Ole. Would have thought Martial would start given the form he's in. Not good as a Fernandes capper in FPL…

Ugh, typical. Had no hopes for Arsenal's top six chances anyway, but I'd love for sp*rs to lose that game.

Southampton have been good since restart, crazy to think back to the thrashing they got from Leicester, credit to manager for not buckling.

7o0QMCm.png

I think Bournemouth have gone, very tight for 3rd and 4th, keeps the season interesting going into the final games.

They have, and all credit to Hasenhüttl for managing to change things around after that Leicester game. I think he's good enough to manage a bigger team than Southampton too. He was briefly suggested by some journalists as a possible candidate for the Arsenal job around the time he got the Southampton job, if I remember correctly. I wasn't sure if he was a good choice back then, but if he was an available candidate now, and Arteta wasn't in charge, I might have found him an interesting appointment.

I haven't looked at the possible outcomes of the rest of the games, but I think they're gone, yes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa or Watford get a point or more against Arsenal.
    De Gea
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

---

Didn't expect that lineup from Ole. Would have thought Martial would start given the form he's in. Not good as a Fernandes capper in FPL…

Ugh, typical. Had no hopes for Arsenal's top six chances anyway, but I'd love for sp*rs to lose that game.

7o0QMCm.png

They have, and all credit to Hasenhüttl for managing to change things around after that Leicester game. I think he's good enough to manage a bigger team than Southampton too. He was briefly suggested by some journalists as a possible candidate for the Arsenal job around the time he got the Southampton job, if I remember correctly. I wasn't sure if he was a good choice back then, but if he was an available candidate now, and Arteta wasn't in charge, I might have found him an interesting appointment.

I haven't looked at the possible outcomes of the rest of the games, but I think they're gone, yes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa or Watford get a point or more against Arsenal.

United been awful no one has played well, to be honest top four is more important its a shame as a final would be great though I rather us win against West Ham midweek.
    De Gea
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

---

7o0QMCm.png

United been awful no one has played well, to be honest top four is more important its a shame as a final would be great though I rather us win against West Ham midweek.

Do you think Ole might prioritise the league over a cup trophy?
    De Gea
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

---

7o0QMCm.png

On this evidence very likely, to be honest I don't blame Ole Chelsea did the same though coped better they deserve to win.
    De Gea
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

---

7o0QMCm.png

On this evidence very likely, to be honest I don't blame Ole Chelsea did the same though coped better they deserve to win.

I guess United don't have to do much to finish inside the top four now, and it's understandable if they just want to secure that CL spot (which is good FPL wise). But a trophy would surely be something to target as well?
    De Gea
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

---

7o0QMCm.png

I guess United don't have to do much to finish inside the top four now, and it's understandable if they just want to secure that CL spot (which is good FPL wise). But a trophy would surely be something to target as well?

Losing 3 - 0 now, the game is a right off. We have a good chance of winning the Europa League. At the restart we were some way off the Top Four United fans must remember that and forget about this game.
    De Gea
    Matic Fred
    Fernandes
    James Rashford

---

7o0QMCm.png

Losing 3 - 0 now, the game is a right off. We have a good chance of winning the Europa League. At the restart we were some way off the Top Four United fans must remember that and forget about this game.

I keep forgetting about the European tournaments! I imagine United have a good chance of winning the Europa League. A top four as well will be a success for Ole.
    I am very relieved I hung onto Sterling after my SU assets blanked

Red arrow likely for me at this point, not owning Sterling. No way of getting him either…

Red arrow likely for me at this point, not owning Sterling. No way of getting him either…

You will be hoping Silva does not come on with Stephens being first sub

Edited: KDB assist

Sterling currently on 17, he is keeping alive my top 50K hopes

Indeed. One minute cameo incoming!

Just checked; down 10k only as a result of this game.

We still have captains to play, this GW is an unfortunate one, I really did not see Everton beating SU and Ings missed penalty was unlucky

We still have captains to play, this GW is an unfortunate one, I really did not see Everton beating SU and Ings missed penalty was unlucky

A lot of things have gone marginally the wring way, which in this game amount to plenty of points. I didn't go through playing the Bench Boost for example, which I should have, looking at my bench…

A lot of things have gone marginally the wring way, which in this game amount to plenty of points. I didn't go through playing the Bench Boost for example, which I should have, looking at my bench…

Been out walking so not followed game, realised String went off on 64 minutes. City played there three subs so Silva staying benched.

Been out walking so not followed game, realised String went off on 64 minutes. City played there three subs so Silva staying benched.

But there are five subs these days, isn't it?

Five subs though managers can only make 3 subs ie sub 1) could be 2 subs, sub 2) could be 1 sub, sub 3) could be 2 subs

Ouch just saw your bench

Five subs though managers can only make 3 subs ie sub 1) could be 2 subs, sub 2) could be 1 sub, sub 3) could be 2 subs

Ouch just saw your bench

Ah, I see. Never read up on that part of the five-man sub rule.

If I had played my Bench Boost, I would have taken out Hayden (injured), and Fernandés for a hit. Fernandés got a clean sheet, but I would have brought in Pieters (12 points) to replace him… I'm not sure if I would have kept Foster – taking an additional hit for Pope, but I might have ended up keeping him in case he got save points. This decision can be the difference between a top 100k overall rank or not! :-(

Ouch just saw your bench

If I had played my Bench Boost, I would have taken out Hayden (injured), and Fernandés for a hit. Fernandés got a clean sheet, but I would have brought in Pieters (12 points) to replace him… I'm not sure if I would have kept Foster – taking an additional hit for Pope, but I might have ended up keeping him in case he got save points. This decision can be the difference between a top 100k overall rank or not! :-(

Guarenteed a bench boost should work next week, teams that are safe playing each other will prob be 0 - 0 I will look at defenders myself. Just stick with your original plans for GW38 you have to forget about this one. Though TAA nay not play v Chelsea

Ouch just saw your bench

Guarenteed a bench boost should work next week, teams that are safe playing each other will prob be 0 - 0 I will look at defenders myself. Just stick with your original plans for GW38 you have to forget about this one. Though TAA nay not play v Chelsea

Either that, or they try to end the season with a win…

You recon Alexander-Arnold will be rested?

Ouch just saw your bench

With Liverpool on auto pilot it's a possibility, really not sure what team will be put out v Chelsea. For GW38 I am seriously thinking of selling TAA

Ouch just saw your bench

With Liverpool on auto pilot it's a possibility, really not sure what team will be put out v Chelsea. For GW38 I am seriously thinking of selling TAA

Wouldn't be surprised if they put out their best men, but anything is possible I guess. Expect there will be some rotation in gameweek 38 though (which complicates things from an FPL perspective).

Ouch just saw your bench

Wouldn't be surprised if they put out their best men, but anything is possible I guess. Expect there will be some rotation in gameweek 38 though (which complicates things from an FPL perspective).

See Villa won that helped me hold my rank with Arsenal assets blanking.

Yeah GW38 is risky though with European games on the Horizon for the Manchester Clubs I expect strong sides. I will get another City asset probably Silva or Laporte.

Ouch just saw your bench

See Villa won that helped me hold my rank with Arsenal assets blanking.

Yeah GW38 is risky though with European games on the Horizon for the Manchester Clubs I expect strong sides. I will get another City asset probably Silva or Laporte.

Expected Arsenal to slip up vs. Villa. I've had a bad feeling about that game for some time. At least Arsenal now know they have to give it all in the FA Cup final…

I've been toying with the idea of taking out De Bruyne, but I haven't been able to do so. Now I can't anyway, with the Bench Boost to prioritise. I'm starting to think I might get away without taking out Foster for a hit. Arsenal are so bad, so I wouldn't be surprised if Watford win that game without conceding.