The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Average GW so for though currently 105 rank, 5 players left to play. Traore was benched gr

Traoré benched was the last thing I needed! Another red arrow, and down to 1311 in the rankings. I haven't had any luck with Alli, and I might look and bringing in a replacement.

Same here I can't get rid of Traoré yet, got rid of Alli to get KDB back, thankfully Martial Hatrick saved my GW and selling Alonso was not too bad as O'connel got a clean sheet, took a red arrow for the first time in a few weeks.
    Average GW so for though currently 105 rank, 5 players left to play. Traore was benched gr

Traoré benched was the last thing I needed! Another red arrow, and down to 1311 in the rankings. I haven't had any luck with Alli, and I might look and bringing in a replacement.

Same here I can't get rid of Traoré yet, got rid of Alli to get KDB back, thankfully Martial Hatrick saved my GW and selling Alonso was not too bad as O'connel got a clean sheet, took a red arrow for the first time in a few weeks.

I might replace Alli with Martial, as I'd save 0.3 which can be used elsewhere. Also need to get a Liverpool defender (preferably Alexander-Arnold) somehow.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,267
    Dam forgot to check my team, still have Jiminez as Captain.

Liverpool totally bailed me out, I have Salah, TAA and Robertson (32 points in total from them 3)

Liverpool totally bailed me out, I have Salah, TAA and Robertson (32 points in total from them 3)

Every gameweek with only Salah is a red arrow for me. Need to find a way to get TAA now!

Every gameweek with only Salah is a red arrow for me. Need to find a way to get TAA now!

As soon as I saw Robertson hauls I had to double up with him and TAA.

---

As soon as I saw Robertson hauls I had to double up with him and TAA.

Just did a double transfer of Aubameyang+Aurier to Alexander-Arnold+Ings. Feels so wrong, but I can't go without a Liverpool defender any longer. With some cash to spare, I have the opportunity to upgrade Gray next gameweek.

I'm toying with the idea of dropping De Bruyne. He's not that far ahead of cheaper options points wise, and I want to find a way to climb the rankings. I think I have to change things in midfield in order to do so.

As expected, but it's good to get confirmation re. the chips. Wonder how many extended gameweeks there might be once PL football returns.
    @Torgeirtrap I just got KDB in last GW as lost patience with Alli, I am expecting some good KDB points at home to Norwich tonight he is due a haul so put captaincy on him. I do need to get Fernandes in again at some stage though unsure how at the moment.

Re: FPL chips, it never occurred to me to use them up prior GW38 I just assumed the GW's will be reset to the appropriate game week upon restart.
    @Torgeirtrap I just got KDB in last GW as lost patience with Alli, I am expecting some good KDB points at home to Norwich tonight he is due a haul so put captaincy on him. I do need to get Fernandes in again at some stage though unsure how at the moment.

Re: FPL chips, it never occurred to me to use them up prior GW38 I just assumed the GW's will be reset to the appropriate game week upon restart.

I think in order to keep your rank, having KDB is good. I'm quite far behind at this point, and will have to take a few chances. A United double-up of Martial/Fernandes is an option, I think.

Re. chips, that's what I've been thinking as well. At this point it's best to just wait an see how FPL will deal with the break, and how the PL will arrange the fixtures.

@Torgeirtrap one of the FPL channels does a live stream to Virtual FPL, it makes the game a bit more fun with watching the games play out live and reactions from channel and chat. Starts in just under an hour.

@Torgeirtrap one of the FPL channels does a live stream to Virtual FPL, it makes the game a bit more fun with watching the games play out live and reactions from channel and chat. Starts in just under an hour.

Haha, that's cool! I guess the FPL channels out there will have to find ways of producing content; Virtual FPL coverage is better than nothing!

Haha, that's cool! I guess the FPL channels out there will have to find ways of producing content; Virtual FPL coverage is better than nothing!

Just watching now, adds a bit more dimension to VFPL lol

Haha, yes! I'm watching the end of Frankfurt-Borussia Mönchengladbach now; strange watching football with no fans, but it's still football.
    Oh no, I forgot to change my captaincy from Salah to De Bruyne!

Haha, yes! I'm watching the end of Frankfurt-Borussia Mönchengladbach now; strange watching football with no fans, but it's still football.

Forgot about the German League restart, will try watch some highlights or a game tomorrow

Forgot about the German League restart, will try watch some highlights or a game tomorrow

Watched a couple of games while doing other things. The teams looked quite sharp despite the break.

Watched a couple of games while doing other things. The teams looked quite sharp despite the break.

Any one wearing masks
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,272

Any one wearing masks

Not the players and the coaches (when on the pitch/sideline), but staff and others did. The subs were also seated with some distance from each other. No contact under goal celebrations either (although Herta Berlin didn't follow that guideline too closely).

Any one wearing masks

Not the players and the coaches (when on the pitch/sideline), but staff and others did. The subs were also seated with some distance from each other. No contact under goal celebrations either (although Herta Berlin didn't follow that guideline too closely).

Yeah some don't get the concept of social distancing though I would think the regular testing for those involved will put them more at ease (unwisely)

---

Good green arrow at moment in top 100

Any one wearing masks

Yeah some don't get the concept of social distancing though I would think the regular testing for those involved will put them more at ease (unwisely)

---

Yes, it's a shame that after all the precausions taken to actually arrange these games, there's still a few who don't follow the guidelines.
    ____

Wow, that's impressive! It's going all wrong for me, with yet another red arrow. Aubameyang came through with 8 points as well, after I dropped him. I'll probably stick to plan, upgrading Gray before next deadline. I'm tempted by taking a hit as an attempt at turning things around faster.

Any one wearing masks

---

Yes, it's a shame that after all the precausions taken to actually arrange these games, there's still a few who don't follow the guidelines.
    ____

Wow, that's impressive! It's going all wrong for me, with yet another red arrow. Aubameyang came through with 8 points as well, after I dropped him. I'll probably stick to plan, upgrading Gray before next deadline. I'm tempted by taking a hit as an attempt at turning things around faster.

Almost all my players have chipped in with points, 84 rank at moment with a few players left. Sane with a crazy haul wish I had got him instead of KDB

Edited: Had to take a hit to get Fernandes in plus two of my defenders were injured.

Any one wearing masks

---

____

Almost all my players have chipped in with points, 84 rank at moment with a few players left. Sane with a crazy haul wish I had got him instead of KDB

Almost did De Bruyne > Sané to save some cash, instead of the double transfer I did. Typical!

Any one wearing masks

---

____

Almost did De Bruyne > Sané to save some cash, instead of the double transfer I did. Typical!

Got a small green arrow in the end, just floating around the 100 mark, need a great GW to spring board me.
    Watching Dortmand highlights, this is going to be football for a long time I think. One plus is when United are being poor the crowd won't get on there back lol Some teams may play better without the pressure of the crowd.

Watching these highlights is like watching football at the Olympics, no atmosphere.

Pitch invasions we may never see again.

Any one wearing masks

---

____

Got a small green arrow in the end, just floating around the 100 mark, need a great GW to spring board me.

Same here, haha! Did an early transfer of Gray to Calvert-Lewin, just so that I don't overthink what to do. Might make an additional transfer for a hit, but I'll have to sleep on it.
    Watching Dortmand highlights, this is going to be football for a long time I think. One plus is when United are being poor the crowd won't get on there back lol Some teams may play better without the pressure of the crowd.

Watching these highlights is like watching football at the Olympics, no atmosphere.

I don't think it was that bad to watch actually, the situation considered. Of course, there were some good teams at play today, so I imagine the fixtures that look boring on paper will be even more boring.

I think there will be quite a few teams benefiting from no crowds. I can imagine teams that preform worse away (Arsenal for example) might benefit from an empty stadium – or at least not have any disadvantage by it. Only time will tell, of course.

Any one wearing masks

---

____

Same here, haha! Did an early transfer of Gray to Calvert-Lewin, just so that I don't overthink what to do. Might make an additional transfer for a hit, but I'll have to sleep on it.

I don't think it was that bad to watch actually, the situation considered. Of course, there were some good teams at play today, so I imagine the fixtures that look boring on paper will be even more boring.

I think there will be quite a few teams benefiting from no crowds. I can imagine teams that preform worse away (Arsenal for example) might benefit from an empty stadium – or at least not have any disadvantage by it. Only time will tell, of course.

Calvert Lewin delivered, got some points from Liverpool v Spurs that Mane haul though gr. Still going to stick with Salah.

Any one wearing masks

---

____

Calvert Lewin delivered, got some points from Liverpool v Spurs that Mane haul though gr. Still going to stick with Salah.

Another captain blank for me, as De Bruyne didn't deliver. Should have just stuck with the armband on Salah…

Any one wearing masks

---

____

Another captain blank for me, as De Bruyne didn't deliver. Should have just stuck with the armband on Salah…

I brought Fernandes in and Captained him and got 3 bonus, on a green arrow at moment, KDB blanked again and came on as a sub. May get Sane
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,272

Any one wearing masks

---

____

I brought Fernandes in and Captained him and got 3 bonus, on a green arrow at moment, KDB blanked again and came on as a sub. May get Sane

Clever captaincy move! I'm thinking of getting rid of De Bruyne too. I need to get a little more funds somehow, and I think transferring out one of the premiums is the only option.
    Terrible GW just hit my Wildcard
    Terrible GW just hit my Wildcard

I finally had a decent gameweek after a lengthy run of bad scores. Even so, it wasn't that big a jump in the rankings, so I need to plan a decent transfer before the next deadline. I think I need to find a replacement for Ings.