The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

I sold KDB 😂 which maybe be a bad mistake

I considered doing the same, but couldn't bring myself to do it!

Most of players delivered that I brought in so far, not the best score though my previous team would not have done well at all.

Same story here. My wildcard team looks to have delivered straight away. Took a risky punt going without a Liverpool defender, and that didn't pay off. On top of that I had Pieters and Lascelles on the bench, delivering 8 and 6 points…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Better this GW triple captained Kane (scored twice) 102 in total

That's a great score! Only 58 points for me, and whatever points I gained with the wildcard are gone now… Gray didn't play either, so I'll have to do a striker transfer before the next deadline.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

That's a great score! Only 58 points for me, and whatever points I gained with the wildcard are gone now… Gray didn't play either, so I'll have to do a striker transfer before the next deadline.

Despite a good score not happy with areas in my team. Bringing Alonso in has not really paid off yet, with Robertson and TAA I have maybe put too much money in defence, though Robertson delivered today.

Despite a good score not happy with areas in my team. Bringing Alonso in has not really paid off yet, with Robertson and TAA I have maybe put too much money in defence, though Robertson delivered today.

Getting Alonso on wildcard hasn't paid off for me either. Will hold for a while, then reassess. Might need to get a Liverpool defender too, which is difficult with my current team structure.

Getting Alonso on wildcard hasn't paid off for me either. Will hold for a while, then reassess. Might need to get a Liverpool defender too, which is difficult with my current team structure.

Robertson is doing very well, though pretty much swapped him for KDB. The potential clean sheet points was too tempting. I am banking on a cheaper midfielder plus Robertson to pick up more points than KDB would get (Hatrick last week did not help lol)

Robertson is doing very well, though pretty much swapped him for KDB. The potential clean sheet points was too tempting. I am banking on a cheaper midfielder plus Robertson to pick up more points than KDB would get (Hatrick last week did not help lol)

That decision might work out well in the long run. Looking forward, I will need to drop one of my premium players as well, but it looks like it have to be Aubameyang.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,241
    For those who really miss Fantasy, there's the Faroese FPL game (released by Norwegian TV2) – deadline in just over an hour! ;-)

The site is in Norwegian though, but there's always Google Translate.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,104
    Glad I banked my transfer I almost got rid of Martial for Fernandes though Martial git two goals. Captain Kane ticking over with points again and TAA dud very well. 82 points thus GW, the question is how do I use my two transfers as I am now ranked 130.

Just read that one of the Cups starts in Virtual FPL tomorrow, just checked my apponant though it says I have been seeded to the next round.
    Glad I banked my transfer I almost got rid of Martial for Fernandes though Martial git two goals. Captain Kane ticking over with points again and TAA dud very well. 82 points thus GW, the question is how do I use my two transfers as I am now ranked 130.

Just read that one of the Cups starts in Virtual FPL tomorrow, just checked my apponant though it says I have been seeded to the next round.

Wow, you're really on fire in Virtual FPL! I keep on getting low scores myself. I'm having the same issue re. transfers. There's really no big moves I want to make, although I probably need to make some transfers now. Could you just transfer out a bench player, perhaps?

Didn't even know there was a cup! I'm up against a player ranked in the 600s. Our teams feature several of the sam players, but I think his team is better overall. Will need some luck to get through to the next round, I think!

Edit: I see Kane is out for ten weeks in the game, so there's a transfer to look at.

Wow, you're really on fire in Virtual FPL! I keep on getting low scores myself. I'm having the same issue re. transfers. There's really no big moves I want to make, although I probably need to make some transfers now. Could you just transfer out a bench player, perhaps?

Didn't even know there was a cup! I'm up against a player ranked in the 600s. Our teams feature several of the sam players, but I think his team is better overall. Will need some luck to get through to the next round, I think!

Edit: I see Kane is out for ten weeks in the game, so there's a transfer to look at.

LOL at my predictive text spelling, did not read through what I typed lol
    Yeah last GW's my Wildcard has paid off after a dodgy first week with new team. Its really luck as I was very close to dumping Martial for Fernandes.

Dam regarding Kane, cheers that's one transfer... I may use the funds to get a good striker and get Alli in.

Yeah last GW's my Wildcard has paid off after a dodgy first week with new team. Its really luck as I was very close to dumping Martial for Fernandes.

Dam regarding Kane, cheers that's one transfer... I may use the funds to get a good striker and get Alli in.

It's gone the other way for me with the wildcard, haha!

I'd thought of Kane as a Aubameyang replacement, but I can't do that now. Might as well keep Aubameyang – or downgrade to Rashford to free up some funds; I really have no idea what to do.

I'd thought of Kane as a Aubameyang replacement, but I can't do that now. Might as well keep Aubameyang – or downgrade to Rashford to free up some funds; I really have no idea what to do.

Just swapped Cantwell and Kane for Alli and Jiminez, I like the look of some of the latter's upcoming fixtures. Tomorrow could be a great haul though usually when I think that I get 30 points in real FPL lol

Just swapped Cantwell and Kane for Alli and Jiminez, I like the look of some of the latter's upcoming fixtures. Tomorrow could be a great haul though usually when I think that I get 30 points in real FPL lol

That looks like solid moves, IMO. I'm looking at ways of bringing in Alli too, either by downgrading Aubameyang or Gray (to a non-playing 4.3-5 striker).

That looks like solid moves, IMO. I'm looking at ways of bringing in Alli too, either by downgrading Aubameyang or Gray (to a non-playing 4.3-5 striker).

Almost got Son though the price difference vs points gained it had to be Alli.
    I was reluctant to sell Cantwell plus his 9 points were on my bench this GW so missed them as well as Target's 5 points Gr. It could have been an even better week.

I was reluctant to sell Cantwell plus his 9 points were on my bench this GW so missed them as well as Target's 5 points Gr. It could have been an even better week.

I hate it when that happens! On the other hand, having bench players that delivers points is a good thing too.

I hate it when that happens! On the other hand, having bench players that delivers points is a good thing too.

True as one week my bench players all got zero lol I won't use my bench boost until I replace Button with a playing keeper. Virtual FPL mirrors my real FPL alot lol

True as one week my bench players all got zero lol I won't use my bench boost until I replace Button with a playing keeper. Virtual FPL mirrors my real FPL alot lol

It's surprising how similar the virtual game is to the real thing, and the actual matches. Just as unpredictable, haha!

It's surprising how similar the virtual game is to the real thing, and the actual matches. Just as unpredictable, haha!

Kane being injured for ten weeks is mirroring reality too closely lol

Man United have had some dodgy Virtual FPL results so that's accurate lol

It's almost scary how accurate it mirrors reality!

Same with Arsenal. A bit further down on the table you see that the game is not that comparable to where we'd expect to find those teams, but not too far off, IMO.

Same with Arsenal. A bit further down on the table you see that the game is not that comparable to where we'd expect to find those teams, but not too far off, IMO.

It's just occurred to me I have not looked at the league standings for the actual teams, I just look at the ticker and player rankings lol
    For those who really miss Fantasy, there's the Faroese FPL game (released by Norwegian TV2) – deadline in just over an hour! ;-)

I missed that, will have a look when I am back home.

It's just occurred to me I have not looked at the league standings for the actual teams, I just look at the ticker and player rankings lol

I rarely look at the actual league table too, but it's interesting to check now and then, just to see how close to the real thing it gets.

I missed that, will have a look when I am back home.

They finished the first gameweek yesterday evening. I watched three games live (while doing other stuff as well); it's not like watching PL, that's for sure, but there are some decent players – and some beautiful Faroese scenery. Former PL ref Bobby Madley thought so too:

@Torgeirtrap any live football is good at this point, I am not a regular viewer of German football though I am likely to watch a few games, also out of curiosity to see how well things are orchestrated.
    @Torgeirtrap any live football is good at this point, I am not a regular viewer of German football though I am likely to watch a few games, also out of curiosity to see how well things are orchestrated.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns German football is great. I'm not a regular viewer, but I usually watch a few games each season. I agree, it will be interesting to see how they'll do things given the current situation.
    85 points, getting Robertson in was very wise his points hauls are insane

Just 65 here, and another red arrow. I can't find a way to pick up enough points!

Just 65 here, and another red arrow. I can't find a way to pick up enough points!

Banking a transfer and will adjust my team slightly in a few GW's. Amazingly I have not taken a hit yet.

Banking a transfer and will adjust my team slightly in a few GW's. Amazingly I have not taken a hit yet.

I'm looking at maybe doing the same. I have no idea what to do with my team, so it's probably best to just save a transfer, then reassess before the following deadline. Still think I have to drop Aubameyang, but Arsenal have a nice run of matches in the game now, so it might not be the best thing to do.
    Average GW so for though currently 105 rank, 5 players left to play. Traore was benched gr
    Average GW so for though currently 105 rank, 5 players left to play. Traore was benched gr

Traoré benched was the last thing I needed! Another red arrow, and down to 1311 in the rankings. I haven't had any luck with Alli, and I might look and bringing in a replacement.