The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

7 hours or so left until Virtual FPL deadline, I am still undecided who to pick as Captain. I will miss today's games due to work unfortunately so will have to check results later.

I have my armband on Mané currently (with Aubameyang VC). Will likely just stick with that, I think.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    7 hours or so left until Virtual FPL deadline, I am still undecided who to pick as Captain. I will miss today's games due to work unfortunately so will have to check results later.

I have my armband on Mané currently (with Aubameyang VC). Will likely just stick with that, I think.

I have a feeling home fixtures will have a higher chance of points for players and despite being against City at home I am currently sticking with Fernandes for a second week as Captain. I have Salah as Vice so I could swap them around.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Not a great second GW, 52 points exactly half of last GW. Martial, Salah (c), Jimenez, Ayew and Fernandes all blanking. Lundstram on my bench with 9 points gr. I am glad I stuck with Holgate as assist with him, my Liverpool double defence kind of bailed me out also.
    Not a great second GW, 52 points exactly half of last GW. Martial, Salah (c), Jimenez, Ayew and Fernandes all blanking. Lundstram on my bench with 9 points gr. I am glad I stuck with Holgate as assist with him, my Liverpool double defence kind of bailed me out also.

I completely forgot the deadline yesterday, but ended up with 80 points. Up to 588 OR now.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,272
    For those interested, I've set up a Back of the net! league in the virtual FPL game.

Follow this link, and in the field marked "OR: JOIN A LEAGUE" enter the code below:

B1W9D
    For those interested, I've set up a Back of the net! league in the virtual FPL game.

Follow this link, and in the field marked "OR: JOIN A LEAGUE" enter the code below:

B1W9D

Cool I did not know you could do that, has he just added the feature?
    66 points for GW3, Captain KDB delivered 2 assists thankfully as all my strikers blanked.

B1W9D

He must have. I only became aware of it because a guy I'm competing in in another league in the real FPL game, set up a league for this game as well.
    66 points for GW3, Captain KDB delivered 2 assists thankfully as all my strikers blanked.

I need to find a way to get De Bruyne. Not having him is hurting my ranking!

B1W9D

He must have. I only became aware of it because a guy I'm competing in in another league in the real FPL game, set up a league for this game as well.

The GW was a surprising one with a few low scores much like the real thing, I really am stubborn with my midfield which will make it difficult to get a premium striker, I will have to bite the bulet at some point and lose one of my United midfielders. Next GW not far away
    Not changed my virtual team for last few GW's lol forgot to check though did ok points wise.

Not checked FPL in a month, burnt a lot of free transfers though what changes do you make at this point.

B1W9D

The GW was a surprising one with a few low scores much like the real thing, I really am stubborn with my midfield which will make it difficult to get a premium striker, I will have to bite the bulet at some point and lose one of my United midfielders. Next GW not far away

Late reply here, sorry! I'm having the same problem, but with the strikers. I need to drop either Vardy or Aubameyang I think, to free up some funds for a midfield upgrade.

Not changed my virtual team for last few GW's lol forgot to check though did ok points wise.

Not checked FPL in a month, burnt a lot of free transfers though what changes do you make at this point.

I've just made a few minor changes to not burn any transfers in Virtual FPL. I imagine I will change things up a bit going forward, as I'm not getting enough points.

No transfers for me in FPL either. I might do some when we know when the season starts up again, and plan accordingly.

B1W9D

Late reply here, sorry! I'm having the same problem, but with the strikers. I need to drop either Vardy or Aubameyang I think, to free up some funds for a midfield upgrade.

I've just made a few minor changes to not burn any transfers in Virtual FPL. I imagine I will change things up a bit going forward, as I'm not getting enough points.

No transfers for me in FPL either. I might do some when we know when the season starts up again, and plan accordingly.

Hearing that Premiership may resume June 8th, I think that was the date mentioned previously though seems to be gaining traction.

B1W9D

Hearing that Premiership may resume June 8th, I think that was the date mentioned previously though seems to be gaining traction.

It will be interesting to see if that date is likely to happen. A lot can happen in the meantime, of course. Today it was announced that the The Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports (NIF) have been in contact with the government about the possibilities for a 15 June start for Eliteserien to kick off it's season. Perhaps we'll see various leagues continuing/starting their seasons around that time.

B1W9D

It will be interesting to see if that date is likely to happen. A lot can happen in the meantime, of course. Today it was announced that the The Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports (NIF) have been in contact with the government about the possibilities for a 15 June start for Eliteserien to kick off it's season. Perhaps we'll see various leagues continuing/starting their seasons around that time.

Read what you posted in the other thread, early June surely has to be the now or never scenario. If leagues don't start then surely it all has to be scrapped if deemed not safe and just void. Personally I think the Prem should be voided and I would say the same if United were top of the league, this crisis is way beyond sport, lives should not be risked.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 23,267
    Remembered to adjust Virtual FPL team this time lol noticed there is a bench order feature added unless I never saw it previously.

Just been on FPL app, all my data has gone I am signed in though I am being asked to pick a team?? Edited: Must be the App on my mobile, go onto my info on my PC thankfully.

B1W9D

Read what you posted in the other thread, early June surely has to be the now or never scenario. If leagues don't start then surely it all has to be scrapped if deemed not safe and just void. Personally I think the Prem should be voided and I would say the same if United were top of the league, this crisis is way beyond sport, lives should not be risked.

I wonder how late they can actually start up again, and if they can just push the start of the next season if needed. Time will tell.
    Remembered to adjust Virtual FPL team this time lol noticed there is a bench order feature added unless I never saw it previously.

Just been on FPL app, all my data has gone I am signed in though I am being asked to pick a team?? Edited: Must be the App on my mobile, go onto my info on my PC thankfully.

Forgot the deadline, which is unfortunate, as my gameweek score would be much better as a result of it!

It's been a while since I've used the app, but the same thing happened to me once. After installing an update, everything worked fine again.

B1W9D

I wonder how late they can actually start up again, and if they can just push the start of the next season if needed. Time will tell.

Forgot the deadline, which is unfortunate, as my gameweek score would be much better as a result of it!

It's been a while since I've used the app, but the same thing happened to me once. After installing an update, everything worked fine again.

I think ultimately the country's respective Government's will stop any league successfully finishing even if a few manage to start. A few cases of Covid - 19 amongst clubs will likely put a whole team and non playing staff in quarentine, then games will be called off. It will be a huge stroke of luck for any league to successfully finish IMO.
    Forgot to change my Virtual FPL team again lol just realised Fernandes was injured, I may just give up. Lol

B1W9D

I think ultimately the country's respective Government's will stop any league successfully finishing even if a few manage to start. A few cases of Covid - 19 amongst clubs will likely put a whole team and non playing staff in quarentine, then games will be called off. It will be a huge stroke of luck for any league to successfully finish IMO.

I agree. I think for many countries, there will be difficulty finishing the season now. Some leagues might push for a finish, but I struggle to see how it can be done.
    Forgot to change my Virtual FPL team again lol just realised Fernandes was injured, I may just give up. Lol

I have two injuries in my team, and I struggle to make the transfers I want to do, because I need to prioritise these two. I did notice Fernandes was injured, so I took him out for Mahrez. He only got three points tonight, unfortunately.

B1W9D

I agree. I think for many countries, there will be difficulty finishing the season now. Some leagues might push for a finish, but I struggle to see how it can be done.

I have two injuries in my team, and I struggle to make the transfers I want to do, because I need to prioritise these two. I did notice Fernandes was injured, so I took him out for Mahrez. He only got three points tonight, unfortunately.

Just made transfers now so I don't forget. Got time off on Monday so will do a wildcard then when I can put some thought into it.

B1W9D

Just made transfers now so I don't forget. Got time off on Monday so will do a wildcard then when I can put some thought into it.

Did an early transfer too. Only had that one transfer, but I'm tempted to take a hit to change things up a bit. Will have to think about it first though.

I enjoy that there are so little time between each deadline. Even though it's just a virtual game, it's strangely enjoyable.

B1W9D

Did an early transfer too. Only had that one transfer, but I'm tempted to take a hit to change things up a bit. Will have to think about it first though.

I enjoy that there are so little time between each deadline. Even though it's just a virtual game, it's strangely enjoyable.

By some miracle I got 50 points, Grealish baled me out with 13 points and so did vice Captain Salah.

Every two days is good, though being at work I keep forgetting to check my team. It will be interesting to see if Virtual FPL ends by the time the real one resumes.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,272

B1W9D

By some miracle I got 50 points, Grealish baled me out with 13 points and so did vice Captain Salah.

Every two days is good, though being at work I keep forgetting to check my team. It will be interesting to see if Virtual FPL ends by the time the real one resumes.

Only 39 points for me, and down to 1132 overall. I'm really not getting the hang of this game!

Yes, that will be interesting to see. I guess the guy behind the game might change the deadlines so that it won't finish too early.

B1W9D

Only 39 points for me, and down to 1132 overall. I'm really not getting the hang of this game!

Yes, that will be interesting to see. I guess the guy behind the game might change the deadlines so that it won't finish too early.

Going to hit my Wildcard and change my front line and defence, need to get Robertson in with TAA

B1W9D

Going to hit my Wildcard and change my front line and defence, need to get Robertson in with TAA

I'm thinking about doing the same, but I don't know if I should wait another gameweek or not. Still some time to putting a wildcard team together, though.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,267

B1W9D

I'm thinking about doing the same, but I don't know if I should wait another gameweek or not. Still some time to putting a wildcard team together, though.

I am guessing we will get another Wildcard in 8 GW's which is not far away?

Edited: Barring a few players I have changed my squad entirely.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,272

B1W9D

I am guessing we will get another Wildcard in 8 GW's which is not far away?

Edited: Barring a few players I have changed my squad entirely.

I don't know, I imagine this game will follow the real FPL quite closely. I ended up wildcarding in the end. Decent start, but I should have captained De Bruyne!
    I sold KDB 😂 which maybe be a bad mistake

I considered doing the same, but couldn't bring myself to do it!

I considered doing the same, but couldn't bring myself to do it!

Most of players delivered that I brought in so far, not the best score though my previous team would not have done well at all.