The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Nasty tackle on Dele from Sterling
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,279
    United v Wolves a drab affair so far, Bruno growing into the game going forward he will offer control to United's midfield that's been lacking. Bruno, Mctominay and Pogba at least for the back end of the season will be good for United.

Interesting. We could do with a player in Bruno's price bracket to become an option in midfield.

Bruno has been in the hole a few times and had a few shot's, you can see what an intelligent player he is

Looks like a much needed addition to that United team. Will be interesting to see if he gets the full 90 mins.
    Traore injured looks like dislocated shoulder dam for FPL reasons

That's not good!

Bruno dropped into defensive midfield for periods due to our injuries and suspensions, we still need a decent coach though.

Traore played on as it was almost half time, not sure if he will play second half.
    Greenwood on playing number 9, Martial moved to left wing, Traore broken down and time wasting by Wolves

Looks like the game wasn't particularly eventful? How did Bruno play?

Second half Ole played him as a defensive midfielder [-( I would be shocked if Ole is manager in the summer, he is getting worse.

Hm, that's certainly not good from an FPL point of view. Will have to wait a bit bringing him in, I think.

Surely they'll be looking at bringing in a bigger manager name this summer, right? Poch or someone like that?

When Matic returns Bruno should move further forward, though with Ole you never know.

Stalemate between Burnley and your team, nobody wants top four it seems... Again its a repeat of the end of last season.

Finishes 0 - 0 good for my ranking
    Matic is suspended, right?

Arsenal are done as a top six side now, and I can't see them getting back the way the club is run. Wanted Aubameyang for his record against Burnley, but not keeping. I've activated my wildcard now.

How was Aubameyang? I considered him though price put me off, decided to hang onto Vardy as a really good run of fixtures not far off for Leicester.

Matic will return for Chelsea in two weeks, he got two yellows so only a one match ban. Though hopefully Pogba and Mctominay will be back also by then, or at least one of them.

He had a couple of chances, but Saka's injury (only played 45 mins) effectively stopped Arsenal going forward, and he (and Arsenal as a whole) didn't do much in second half. I might swap for Agüero on wildcard, depending on of I keep my double Liverpool mid, or switch to a double defence instead.

Hm…As things stands, United players are a wait and see for me. Bruno is one to consider for his price.

The split game week complicates things, though I would expect Mané to return soon.

I am only hanging onto Martial as he is a cheap striker in midfield

It certainly does. Had no choice but to wildcard with the way my team looked though.

Martial is also at a decent price; you can easily downgrade to a cheaper mid if needed.

Decided to watch the game

I have a few fires to put out though mainly bench players, one of Kelly or Lundstram has to go there game time is not looking good. Hopefully Abraham will be fresh again in two weeks though I do need to get Ings in, Son and Greenwood will likely be sold to help with the Ings move.

The good thing with Lundstram is that you can easily jump to a playing Sheffield United def – or look elsewhere for replacements. There are options for Kelly too in that price bracket.

I'm tempted by Son, but I'll need to see how he plays tonight before considering. Even so, I think I'll struggle finding a spot on my WC team for him.

Writing this, he'll probably go ahead and get a brace, but Sterling has not been on scoring form lately.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    United v Wolves a drab affair so far, Bruno growing into the game going forward he will offer control to United's midfield that's been lacking. Bruno, Mctominay and Pogba at least for the back end of the season will be good for United.

Interesting. We could do with a player in Bruno's price bracket to become an option in midfield.

Bruno has been in the hole a few times and had a few shot's, you can see what an intelligent player he is

Looks like a much needed addition to that United team. Will be interesting to see if he gets the full 90 mins.

That's not good!

Bruno dropped into defensive midfield for periods due to our injuries and suspensions, we still need a decent coach though.

Traore played on as it was almost half time, not sure if he will play second half.
    Greenwood on playing number 9, Martial moved to left wing, Traore broken down and time wasting by Wolves

Second half Ole played him as a defensive midfielder [-( I would be shocked if Ole is manager in the summer, he is getting worse.

Hm, that's certainly not good from an FPL point of view. Will have to wait a bit bringing him in, I think.

Surely they'll be looking at bringing in a bigger manager name this summer, right? Poch or someone like that?

When Matic returns Bruno should move further forward, though with Ole you never know.

Stalemate between Burnley and your team, nobody wants top four it seems... Again its a repeat of the end of last season.

Arsenal are done as a top six side now, and I can't see them getting back the way the club is run. Wanted Aubameyang for his record against Burnley, but not keeping. I've activated my wildcard now.

How was Aubameyang? I considered him though price put me off, decided to hang onto Vardy as a really good run of fixtures not far off for Leicester.

Matic will return for Chelsea in two weeks, he got two yellows so only a one match ban. Though hopefully Pogba and Mctominay will be back also by then, or at least one of them.

He had a couple of chances, but Saka's injury (only played 45 mins) effectively stopped Arsenal going forward, and he (and Arsenal as a whole) didn't do much in second half. I might swap for Agüero on wildcard, depending on of I keep my double Liverpool mid, or switch to a double defence instead.

Hm…As things stands, United players are a wait and see for me. Bruno is one to consider for his price.

The split game week complicates things, though I would expect Mané to return soon.

It certainly does. Had no choice but to wildcard with the way my team looked though.

Martial is also at a decent price; you can easily downgrade to a cheaper mid if needed.

I have a few fires to put out though mainly bench players, one of Kelly or Lundstram has to go there game time is not looking good. Hopefully Abraham will be fresh again in two weeks though I do need to get Ings in, Son and Greenwood will likely be sold to help with the Ings move.

The good thing with Lundstram is that you can easily jump to a playing Sheffield United def – or look elsewhere for replacements. There are options for Kelly too in that price bracket.

I'm tempted by Son, but I'll need to see how he plays tonight before considering. Even so, I think I'll struggle finding a spot on my WC team for him.

Writing this, he'll probably go ahead and get a brace, but Sterling has not been on scoring form lately.

A few City players look off form, they are in a odd position with second place pretty much secure though no chance of catching Liverpool, tough to motivate. I expect rotation around the Real Madrid game though I think they will lose that tie.

Aguero hit post
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 17,279

That's not good!

A few City players look off form, they are in a odd position with second place pretty much secure though no chance of catching Liverpool, tough to motivate. I expect rotation around the Real Madrid game though I think they will lose that tie.

Aguero hit post

Yes, that's a worry from an FPL perspective. I'm sure at some point, Pep will just switch focus to the CL matches, and then we will likely see even more rotation.

Really want City to win this game!

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

Yes, that's a worry from an FPL perspective. I'm sure at some point, Pep will just switch focus to the CL matches, and then we will likely see even more rotation.

I think it will be 2 - 1 to City, looking at Spurs recent scoring record it's similar to Jose at United, they rarely score more than 2, that's my concern with Son, though he has got me points since I got him. Not getting cover for Kane will cost them. United getting Ighalo will end up being a shrewd move I think
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,327
    Crazy a VAR decision took ages as the game went on and now City have a penalty...

Aguero not taking pen :))
    Saved and now another penalty WT...

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

I think it will be 2 - 1 to City, looking at Spurs recent scoring record it's similar to Jose at United, they rarely score more than 2, that's my concern with Son, though he has got me points since I got him. Not getting cover for Kane will cost them. United getting Ighalo will end up being a shrewd move I think

Good point, it's not often you see a Mourinho side scoring lots of goals in each fixture.

Ighalo is a low-risk move. I haven't seen anything about the price United are playing, but for them to get someone as a playing option was a must.
    Saved and now another penalty WT...

Scenes!
    No pen crazyness
    No pen crazyness

Wonder what the odds are for a red card in this match!

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

Good point, it's not often you see a Mourinho side scoring lots of goals in each fixture.

Ighalo is a low-risk move. I haven't seen anything about the price United are playing, but for them to get someone as a playing option was a must.

He is decent and can hold the ball up and physical which we lack.

Spurs have no one to hold the ball up

This game is allover the place
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Jose Mourinho would gain my upmost respect if he decided to find and smash the VAR control screen on the ground instead of throwing water crates around.
    No pen crazyness

Aurier is a walking Red card, much like Bailey and Phil Jones for United
    What happens if a VAR delayed penalty is given just as the other team scores, it's farcical

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

Arsenal could do with that too…

Eventful first half for sure! Can see this game going either way right now.
    Jose Mourinho would gain my upmost respect if he decided to find and smash the VAR control screen on the ground instead of throwing water crates around.

:))
    No pen crazyness

Indeed.
    What happens if a VAR delayed penalty is given just as the other team scores, it's farcical

I can't understand how they can't decide things quicker with all the technology and camera angles they have at their disposal.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,327

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

No pen crazyness

Indeed.

I can't understand how they can't decide things quicker with all the technology and camera angles they have at their disposal.

Breaking News: VAR have decided Maradona did use his hand to score against England in 1986 World Cup, England have won a free kick and Maradona has picked up a yellow.

Yeah its way to long I think VAR took 4 minutes to reach a decision it needs to be quicker or the play stopped.

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

No pen crazyness

Indeed.

Breaking News: VAR have decided Maradona did use his hand to score against England in 1986 World Cup, England have won a free kick and Msradhss picked up a yellow.

Yeah its way to long I think VAR took 4 minutes to reach a decision it needs to be quicker or the play stopped.

Haha! :))

It's waaay too long. Also, why don't the PL refs use the monitor? I think the simple move of them checking the monitor as well as talking to those in the VAR room would make things better.
    City down to ten…

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

No pen crazyness

Indeed.

Breaking News: VAR have decided Maradona did use his hand to score against England in 1986 World Cup, England have won a free kick and Msradhss picked up a yellow.

It's waaay too long. Also, why don't the PL refs use the monitor? I think the simple move of them checking the monitor as well as talking to those in the VAR room would make things better.

The predictive text on my phone is shocking, I should read what I type :))

I think they did that in the World Cup, I am sure the on field ref checked the monitor.

Zinchencho sent off... Come on Son need a goal

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

No pen crazyness

Indeed.

I think they did that in the World Cup, I am sure the on field ref checked the monitor.

Yes, they did use monitors, and it looked to me at least that VAR did alright then. So why not just use them?

…and Sp*rs scores…
    Goal Bergwijn
    Can't watch this. Think I'm going to watch a film instead!

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

No pen crazyness

Indeed.

Yes, they did use monitors, and it looked to me at least that VAR did alright then. So why not just use them?

…and Sp*rs scores…

That's the problem the tech is there and it's used differently by different associations
    Think Aguero has gone off, great for us Salah captainers

That's not good!

Aguero hit post

No pen crazyness

Indeed.

…and Sp*rs scores…

That's the problem the tech is there and it's used differently by different associations

There should really should be some standard for how to use it, IMO.

Think Aguero has gone off, great for us Salah captainers

Certainly makes me second guess him as a wildcard option!
    Son goal get in!!!!
    Son goal get in!!!!

Wow, you must be high up in the rankings now!
    Son goal get in!!!!

:-O 18K in the World
    Son goal get in!!!!

:-O 18K in the World

Impressive! I'm down to 72k right now, so I have to rely on a wildcard boost.