The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,105
    My team for Gameweek #24:

Ryan
    Dunk, Soyuncu, Rico
    Salah (C), De Bruyne, Martial, Moutinho
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

Changed my captain from Vardy to Salah as Liverpool has a double gameweek (against Wolves and West Ham).

Strong team, and a smart move captaining Salah – there's double the chance of points after all! Not the worst fixtures either.

I have made one transfer undecided on whether to make a second, I took a gamble on Greenwood as a direct replacement for Rashford.

At some point Greenwood will start, surely? You can kinda understand that the Liverpool fixture might be a bit difficult for a youngster, but easier fixtures should open up the chances of minutes – or so one would think (?).

Right just brought Son in for Traoré...

Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate
    Son, Salah (C), KDB, Martial
    Vardy, Abraham, Greenwood

If Ole does not play Greenwood at home to Burnley now then he really is clueless.

I think the Liverpool Double is problematic, Klopp will definately rest players in one game, its difficult to guess which players.

That team looks strong I think; good fixtures for all your players. I worry about the potential of rotation as well, and I'm torn between captaining Salah or Mané – even Alexander-Arnold is under consideration!

My Triple Captain is currently activated and on TAA, been watching a few FPL podcasts and the idea popped into my head

Ryan
    Dunk, Soyuncu, Rico
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

Changed my captain from Vardy to Salah as Liverpool has a double gameweek (against Wolves and West Ham).

Strong team, and a smart move captaining Salah – there's double the chance of points after all! Not the worst fixtures either.

I have made one transfer undecided on whether to make a second, I took a gamble on Greenwood as a direct replacement for Rashford.

At some point Greenwood will start, surely? You can kinda understand that the Liverpool fixture might be a bit difficult for a youngster, but easier fixtures should open up the chances of minutes – or so one would think (?).

Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate

If Ole does not play Greenwood at home to Burnley now then he really is clueless.

I think the Liverpool Double is problematic, Klopp will definately rest players in one game, its difficult to guess which players.

That team looks strong I think; good fixtures for all your players. I worry about the potential of rotation as well, and I'm torn between captaining Salah or Mané – even Alexander-Arnold is under consideration!

My Triple Captain is currently activated and on TAA, been watching a few FPL podcasts and the idea popped into my head

Interesting! I'm still switching between playing the triple captain or not – or which Liverpool asset to give the armband to. Currently it's Salah, one hour ago it was Mané…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Ryan
    Dunk, Soyuncu, Rico
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate

Interesting! I'm still switching between playing the triple captain or not – or which Liverpool asset to give the armband to. Currently it's Salah, one hour ago it was Mané…

I have set my alarm to go of 30 mins before deadline lol I bet I cancel triple captain and put the armband on Salah :-? There has to be better double GW's with favorable home fixtures
    Only just realized there are 6 days between Liverpool's Double GW games (there is an FA cup game in between though Klopp will probably field kids and second string players), that gives me confidence in going for the triple Captain... So this GW ends in 8 days :-S

Ryan
    Dunk, Soyuncu, Rico
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate

Ryan
    Dunk, Soyuncu, Rico
    Ings, Vardy, Jimenez.

Ryan
    TAA, Gomez, Holgate

I have set my alarm to go of 30 mins before deadline lol I bet I cancel triple captain and put the armband on Salah :-? There has to be better double GW's with favorable home fixtures

There will be other gameweeks for sure, but we don't know when and if the league is decided by then. That's my worry at least.
    Only just realized there are 6 days between Liverpool's Double GW games (there is an FA cup game in between though Klopp will probably field kids and second string players), that gives me confidence in going for the triple Captain... So this GW ends in 8 days :-S

Yep, it's a long gameweek!

_________

Me right now:

I have bottled the Triple Captain

Wow! Not playing it?

Wow! Not playing it?

Had to sort something then came back and missed deadline to reactivate it, Liverpool fixtures being both away and one against Wolves put me off.

Wow! Not playing it?

Had to sort something then came back and missed deadline to reactivate it, Liverpool fixtures being both away and one against Wolves put me off.

That's understandable. I decided to just play it and hope for the best. HOWEVER, I made a last minute transfer of Ings (who turns out is benched) to Calvert-Lewin for a hit. Pure punt really, and I don't know if it's worth it.

Triple captain on Salah (I think)!

Wow! Not playing it?

That's understandable. I decided to just play it and hope for the best. HOWEVER, I made a last minute transfer of Ings (who turns out is benched) to Calvert-Lewin for a hit. Pure punt really, and I don't know if it's worth it.

That's a wise move I think Everton will do well at home this GW, I thought of Ings though opted for Greenwood which allowed me to get Son also... knowing Ings would be benched at some point.

Wow! Not playing it?

That's a wise move I think Everton will do well at home this GW, I thought of Ings though opted for Greenwood which allowed me to get Son also... knowing Ings would be benched at some point.

Of course, I didn't think to bring in Haller for his double gameweek though, which I probably should've done instead of DCL…

The trouble with Ings now, is that he's surely going to play again next game, and as far as I know, the fixtures aren't too bad. Might need to get him back!

Wow! Not playing it?

Of course, I didn't think to bring in Haller for his double gameweek though, which I probably should've done instead of DCL…

The trouble with Ings now, is that he's surely going to play again next game, and as far as I know, the fixtures aren't too bad. Might need to get him back!

I think I can get him in if needed i have been floating 1 or 2 million in bank for several weeks to allow me to make moves when needed, i may just have enough lol
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,241

Wow! Not playing it?

I think I can get him in if needed i have been floating 1 or 2 million in bank for several weeks to allow me to make moves when needed, i may just have enough lol

I guess we just have to keep an eye out if he's just benched for a rest or if he's struggling with a minor injury or something before thinking of transferring him back. ;-)
    Aguero, Mendy, B Silva and Lundstram dropped. I benched Lundstram yay!
    Here are the gameweek 24 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 6
    Mané: 5
    Vardy: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Firmino: 1

In a gameweek where Liverpool have a double gameweek, playing West Ham and Wolverhampton, it's no surprise to see Liverpool assets featuring as the most captained players in our league. Salah and Mané are the go-to options, captained by 6 and 5 managers respectively. Good luck everyone!
    _________

I'll be back with the gameweek winner banner for gameweek 23 as soon as possible.

I never planned on playing him, but I'm a bit worried that he'll be rotated going forward.

I never planned on playing him, but I'm a bit worried that he'll be rotated going forward.

Lundstram form has dropped maybe he just needs time to rest, he plays every game.

Lundstram form has dropped maybe he just needs time to rest, he plays every game.

I think that might be the reason. Hopefully he'll be back for the good run of fixtures coming up!
    David Luiz red card

Penalty scored by Jorginho and Abraham assist my first points
    David Luiz red card

If Arsenal are relegated I won't be surprised. What's even worse is that Arteta has suggested there won't be any January signings, so they might not even be trying to address things in the transfer market.
    David Luiz red card

If Arsenal are relegated I won't be surprised. What's even worse is that Arteta has suggested there won't be any January signings, so they might not even be trying to address things in the transfer market.

Arsenal will be OK, though heard rumour that Aubameyang is wanted by Barca?
    Aguero goal KDB assist
    David Luiz red card

A loan move is rumoured, of all things. Won't happen though, but I think Aubameyang will be sold in the summer. He will want to play for a top side – as will Lacazette, and Arsenal won't be able to keep them. I expect a lot of activity for Arsenal in the summer; they're not left with any other choice really.
    Currently got 22 points from 4 players 39K in the world, a Tammy goal will be welcome
    David Luiz red card

A loan move is rumoured, of all things. Won't happen though, but I think Aubameyang will be sold in the summer. He will want to play for a top side – as will Lacazette, and Arsenal won't be able to keep them. I expect a lot of activity for Arsenal in the summer; they're not left with any other choice really.

Are they still paying off the stadium?

Dam Everton consceded
    Currently got 22 points from 4 players 39K in the world, a Tammy goal will be welcome

That's a good score so far!
    David Luiz red card

Dam Everton consceded

No, I think that was payed a while ago, but they can't keep players that are running down their contracts and not renewing as they won't get funds to do an overhaul.

David Luiz red card

Dam Everton consceded

No, I think that was payed a while ago, but they can't keep players that are running down their contracts and not renewing as they won't get funds to do an overhaul.

On a red arrow now how things change quickly.

Martinelli scores again is this player new?

David Luiz red card

Dam Everton consceded

A lot of goals in extra time it seems!

They got him in the summer. He's got 10 goals in all competitions now, and he's only 18. A great talent.

David Luiz red card

Dam Everton consceded

They got him in the summer. He's got 10 goals in all competitions now, and he's only 18. A great talent.

Interesting will he been benched if Aubameyang returns?

Chelsea are useless

David Luiz red card

Dam Everton consceded

Interesting will he been benched if Aubameyang returns?

Chelsea are useless

Suspect he will, but he will see game time in other competitions – and he's a great player to put on.

Man, this game is so stressful!