The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Unsurprising Spurs part ways with Conte, not sure why it did not happen earlier.

No looked at my FPL team for a while, enjoyed the break to be honest I think I have plenty of Double GW players already so time to use a chip, I still have 3 chips to use.

Same here, haven't looked at my team during the break. Not sure what I want to do before the deadline just yet: anything from not doing much at all, to multiple transfers and playing a chip is in consideration!

Just heard Haaland is injured? I really need to look at my team tomorrow if I get chance.

He is, but it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't as injured as reported…

Botman and Rashford are my injury doubts. This could affect my transfer planning, but need more information before thinking about any replacements.

I think this will be a gameweek where many managers end up taking hits. Even though you might end up replacing Almirón again, there are many managers that are also forced to transfer out their injured players.

Good to see the epl back this week as i find the qualifiers boring.
    Haaland Botman and Rashford 75% chance according to fpl.
    Big tricky gw with 16 games.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Red flags and orange flags and yellow flags, i don't know what to do. I forgot that i got rid of Haaland temporarily for the previous blank, do I risk bringing him back in for a hit???????????????????????????????????????????????? X_X
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Took a -8 and I really must be tired I brought in a City player for a hit thinking they had a double GW :)) oh well.
    Unsurprising Spurs part ways with Conte, not sure why it did not happen earlier.

No looked at my FPL team for a while, enjoyed the break to be honest I think I have plenty of Double GW players already so time to use a chip, I still have 3 chips to use.

Same here, haven't looked at my team during the break. Not sure what I want to do before the deadline just yet: anything from not doing much at all, to multiple transfers and playing a chip is in consideration!

Just heard Haaland is injured? I really need to look at my team tomorrow if I get chance.

Botman and Rashford are my injury doubts. This could affect my transfer planning, but need more information before thinking about any replacements.

I think this will be a gameweek where many managers end up taking hits. Even though you might end up replacing Almirón again, there are many managers that are also forced to transfer out their injured players.

Haaland the only one not in the squad it seems!
    Took a -8 and I really must be tired I brought in a City player for a hit thinking they had a double GW :)) oh well.

A -8 for me as well. Putting a lot of faith in the double gameweek players, which might or might not end well :))
    Here are the gameweek 29 captaincy picks!
    Rashford: 6
    Mitoma: 3
    Toney: 2
    Salah: 2
    March: 2
    De Bruyne: 1
    Haaland:
    Chillwell: 1

It's a big double gameweek, which is obviously reflected in the captaincy picks as well. Brighton mids Mitoma and March are popular picks – as is Toney – but none more so than Rashford, captained by six managers in our league. Good luck everyone!
    Haaland:

It's a big double gameweek, which is obviously reflected in the captaincy picks as well. Brighton mids Mitoma and March are popular picks – as is Toney – but none more so than Rashford, captained by six managers in our league. Good luck everyone!

I am almost tempted to ignore all the games and hope for the best in a few days time lol
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 17,272
    Haaland:

I am almost tempted to ignore all the games and hope for the best in a few days time lol

Haha! It's only in a few days we really need to check our teams, because a lot can happen points wise over those games.

A -8 for me as well. Putting a lot of faith in the double gameweek players, which might or might not end well :))

Sold Haaland for Watkins as i guessed he wouldn't play.
    Good time to use the bench boost this gw.

Worked out fine that move, didn't it? :) Watkins still have Leicester to play as well, so there's still points to be gained from him this gameweek!

Worked out fine that move, didn't it? :) Watkins still have Leicester to play as well, so there's still points to be gained from him this gameweek!

Yeah the guess worked well. Mitoma (C) in for gakpo as well.
    What changes did you make ?
    Haaland:

Haha! It's only in a few days we really need to check our teams, because a lot can happen points wise over those games.

Still not checked my team so no idea what my points total is :))
    Just checked my team, crikey I see Chelsea lost at home to Villa.
    Well done Newcastle they deserved the win, Manchester United on the other hand were really poor so many poor passes when not even under pressure. Ten Hag needs to be careful as I honestly think our top four spot is in danger now, we need Erickson and Casemiro back asap.

Yeah the guess worked well. Mitoma (C) in for gakpo as well.
    What changes did you make ?

I own Mitoma too, but captained March, who I brought in for the double – alongside Shaw and Fernandes for a -8. Can't say my United picks have worked out so far!
    Just checked my team, crikey I see Chelsea lost at home to Villa.

I had a feeling this game could end up with Chelsea dropping points. Villa have done well under Emery so far. I actually considered transferring Chilwell out for the double, but had other transfers to prioritise.
    Well done Newcastle they deserved the win, Manchester United on the other hand were really poor so many poor passes when not even under pressure. Ten Hag needs to be careful as I honestly think our top four spot is in danger now, we need Erickson and Casemiro back asap.

Two very important absentees for United, which will have an impact on the teams performances. I have no doubt that they will finish top four, but it will be a battle with Newcastle to finish third.
    Important win for Man United, though watched the Barca v Real game :))
    Lampard as interim manager at Chelsea :)]
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    With 140 points this gameweek, this makes it the most successful one I've had playing FPL!
    I think this might be my most successful gameweek of playing FPL too. Didn't make that big of a leap in the overall rankings though, which suggest many teams had a good gameweek!
    Not checked my overall score I know it was a stinker 😂
    I think this might be my most successful gameweek of playing FPL too. Didn't make that big of a leap in the overall rankings though, which suggest many teams had a good gameweek!

Yeah that was a massive points gw for a lot of fpl managers with the bench boost helping as well.

Liverpool v Arsenal will be a great game.
    We haven't won in 3 games and Arsenal haven't won there since 2012 i think.
    The next deadline is only half an hour away, so let's have a super quick look at gameweek 29. This was a high scoring gameweek where many managers saw their biggest gameweek points total of the season, after a successful double gameweek. As many as 12 out of 18 our teams got three digit scores – best of which was Dinamo Skruknott, scoring 141 points.

VT0YVV4.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    _______

Remember the 11:00 deadline!

105 points in not a stinker, surely! 😂

Yeah that was a massive points gw for a lot of fpl managers with the bench boost helping as well.

Indeed. Popular picks like the Brighton mids delivering points also helped, as many had at least one of them in their teams before the deadline.

I'm really nervous about this game. So important for Arsenal's season, and at the same time a fixture they really struggle playing…
    Here are the gameweek 30 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 9
    Mitoma: 2
    Rashford: 2
    Toney: 1
    Chilwell: 1
    Saka: 1
    Kane: 1

City are back with a fixture, which unsurprisingly means that Haaland is back in our captaincy thinking. Nine managers backs the City striker for points this gameweek, with Rashford and Mitoma – captained by two managers each – make up the only other captaincy options backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,352

Indeed. Popular picks like the Brighton mids delivering points also helped, as many had at least one of them in their teams before the deadline.

I'm really nervous about this game. So important for Arsenal's season, and at the same time a fixture they really struggle playing…

Yes you don't know which liverpool will turn up tomorrow.
    Even if arsenal lose they still have a great shot at the title because they have a great squad and jesus is back.

Erling city (c) is back, toney out, did you make any changes ?

Even if arsenal lose they still have a great shot at the title because they have a great squad and jesus is back.

Erling city (c) is back for my team, did you make any changes ?

Expect Liverpool will want – and succeed in getting a result tomorrow, after the 0-0 against Chelsea. Arsenal need to win every single game here on out to have a shot at the title, because I don't think City will drop any points here on in. They also have a much easier fixture list in the Prem…

Haaland back with the armband for my team. I couldn't get him in any way but to take a -4, transferring out Maddison for Martinelli (first on the bench). Don't expect a green arrow this gameweek, but it's good to have Haaland back in the team at least.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,352

Expect Liverpool will want – and succeed in getting a result tomorrow, after the 0-0 against Chelsea. Arsenal need to win every single game here on out to have a shot at the title, because I don't think City will drop any points here on in. They also have a much easier fixture list in the Prem…

Haaland back with the armband for my team. I couldn't get him in any way but to take a -4, transferring out Maddison for Martinelli (first on the bench). Don't expect a green arrow this gameweek, but it's good to have Haaland back in the team at least.

Edu and co have done a great job with signings. He (Edu) proved me wrong as i wrongly said last year that his signings were wrong.

Pep could more focused on winning the cl this season ?, which could help arsenal

Edu and co have done a great job with signings. He (Edu) proved me wrong as i wrongly said last year that his signings were wrong.

Pep could more focused on winning the cl this season ?, which could help arsenal

Arsenal (and Edu) have received a lot of criticism for their transfers – and the transfers which they failed to get over the line (Mudryk). But so far it seems they've made the right choices.

Nah, I think Pep wants his hands on both titles just as much. City have a squad that can compete for both titles too, so he doesn't really have to prioritise.

Arsenal (and Edu) have received a lot of criticism for their transfers – and the transfers which they failed to get over the line (Mudryk). But so far it seems they've made the right choices.

Nah, I think Pep wants his hands on both titles just as much. City have a squad that can compete for both titles too, so he doesn't really have to prioritise.

Lucky arsenal didn't sign Mudryk, way too expensive and so far has done nothing.

You are right about Josep wanting both titles of course, but if they have a big cl game i could see him "resting" 4-5 top players just in case.

Are you going to watch the game or are you still too nervous to watch it ? 1:30 am start over here.

Lucky arsenal didn't sign Mudryk, way too expensive and so far has done nothing.

You are right about Josep wanting both titles of course, but if they have a big cl game i could see him "resting" 4-5 top players just in case.

Are you going to watch the game or are you still too nervous to watch it ? 1:30 am start over here.

I expect Mudryk will come good, with the right manager. He certainly picked the wrong time to change club though, with the managerial merry-go-round Chelsea have been through.

Hm… I'm not so sure. Pep like his roulette doesn't he, but I can't see him changing almost half of his starting eleven. He might prove me wrong though!

I'm not sure if I want to watch it. It's a must win fixture, but one of the most difficult away games of the league. Can see this going horribly wrong…
    All too easy for Arsenal so far, Liverpool just don't have the players to continue playing the way Klopp wants them to.