The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I missed the deadline. :((
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Here are the gameweek 22 captaincy picks!
    Rashford: 10
    Haaland: 4
    Saka: 1
    Salah: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Fernandes: 1

It's no surprise to see Rashford topping our captaincy list, with his current run of form and a decent double gameweek for United. Rashfrd is captained by ten managers, and the only other player backed by more than one manager, is Haaland – who's backed by four managers. Good luck everyone!
    Been out cycling so missed the deadline lol

Going to watch Chelsea game, the English media getting over excited at Chelsea's squad and some claiming all other supporters are jealous. Personalty I could not care less, you can only play 11 players and teams need to gel. A price tag does not dictate whether a player will do well or not.

Easy to miss the deadline when it's a Friday night one!

Indeed. Although I think Chelsea will do well with some of their new players, it's a way to go to suddenly be competing with the likes of City.

I only made one transfer yesterday though with the Blank GW not far away I may just keep banking a transfer if I can (I had 2 free transfers). I fancy Fulham to get something here, I have stuck by Mitrovic despite the fixture.

I will scout Chelsea more specifically Reece James for a few weeks first before bringing him in had no idea he was back. I have plenty of funds in bank for a premium defender after selling Cancello.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I still have no idea what Havertz best position is.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,267
    600 Million pounds does not buy you a goal :)) Chelsea 0 - 0 Fulham.

Fulham are a decent side good result for them, they have a few standout players in defensive areas.

Some pundits were saying the other day Chelsea may win the CL and will get top 4....

Oh, that's unfortunate! Did you have any transfers in mind?

It's no surprise to see Rashford topping our captaincy list, with his current run of form and a decent double gameweek for United. Rashfrd is captained by ten managers, and the only other player backed by more than one manager, is Haaland – who's backed by four managers. Good luck everyone!

Going to watch Chelsea game, the English media getting over excited at Chelsea's squad and some claiming all other supporters are jealous. Personalty I could not care less, you can only play 11 players and teams need to gel. A price tag does not dictate whether a player will do well or not.

Indeed. Although I think Chelsea will do well with some of their new players, it's a way to go to suddenly be competing with the likes of City.

I only made one transfer yesterday though with the Blank GW not far away I may just keep banking a transfer if I can (I had 2 free transfers). I fancy Fulham to get something here, I have stuck by Mitrovic despite the fixture.

I will scout Chelsea more specifically Reece James for a few weeks first before bringing him in had no idea he was back. I have plenty of funds in bank for a premium defender after selling Cancello.

If I can, I will try and save a transfer as well. It's just so valuable being able to have two free transfers available.

Fulham are a decent side good result for them, they have a few standout players in defensive areas.

Some pundits were saying the other day Chelsea may win the CL and will get top 4....

This Chelsea side will take time to gel. On top of that, Ziyech was trying to finalise a move to PSG only days ago, with the deal not going through at the very end – and tonight he started for Chelsea. Couldn't have been easy for him.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

If I can, I will try and save a transfer as well. It's just so valuable being able to have two free transfers available.

This Chelsea side will take time to gel. On top of that, Ziyech was trying to finalise a move to PSG only days ago, with the deal not going through at the very end – and tonight he started for Chelsea. Couldn't have been easy for him.

If Chelsea bought a couple of strikers as well they could have been top 4 and cl.

Toney in mitro out for me this gw.

Haaland v Rashford captains will be interesting.
    Everton currently 1 - 0 to the good vs Arsenal, it should be no surprise with Dyche. Two ex Burnley players combined for the goal.
    Martial injured again, very bad GW incoming for me.

If Chelsea bought a couple of strikers as well they could have been top 4 and cl.

Yes, I think Chelsea would have look more strong with another striker in their squad.

Considered Toney, but went for Nketiah as a short term punt. Will have to wait and see what I do next; Toney could be an option long term.
    Everton currently 1 - 0 to the good vs Arsenal, it should be no surprise with Dyche. Two ex Burnley players combined for the goal.

Not at all surprised by Arsenal losing. Dyche knows how to handle an Arsenal side. As for Arsenal, they couldn't afford to lose this game. I think the unlikely title challenge is over now.
    Result of the season there for Everton. Good for Dyche.

Yes, I think Chelsea would have look more strong with another striker in their squad.

Considered Toney, but went for Nketiah as a short term punt. Will have to wait and see what I do next; Toney could be an option long term.

Not at all surprised by Arsenal losing. Dyche knows how to handle an Arsenal side. As for Arsenal, they couldn't afford to lose this game. I think the unlikely title challenge is over now.

Still a long way to go and city's defense is not the best right now, I expect them to concede away to Spurs. Arsenal are still in a strong position.

Still a long way to go and city's defense is not the best right now, I expect them to concede away to Spurs. Arsenal are still in a strong position.

I think the main factors going against Arsenal is Jesus' injury, leaving them short up top, where Nketiah must perform better than he ever has, and the fact that this is a young team, without the experience of a very settled City squad. They are good collectively, but lack the X factor that City has. Those things combined should lead to an easy title challenge for City.
    Just got home and saw the Liverpool result, full on crisis now surely.

Decent win for United, 3 point on to the next game. Dam just seen Casamiro was sent off, huge loss for upcoming games..

Just watching Liverpool highlights wow are they even trying...

Decent win for United, 3 point on to the next game. Dam just seen Casamiro was sent off, huge loss for upcoming games..

They've had a bad season, but it's surprising to see how bad they have got. Didn't watch the game today, but the result speaks for itself…

What the hell was Casemiro thinking there? Only saw the images after the game, but that's just so stupid.
    What the hell was Casemiro thinking there? Only saw the images after the game, but that's just so stupid.

The images don't really tell the full story, I feel. It was an ill-judged attempt but he wasn't being aggressive - it looked to me like he was actually trying to calm things rather than aggravate them. There's other images of him and Hughes immediately afterwards where they have their arms around each other and smiling.

Vieira's post-match comments were utterly pathetic.

They've had a bad season, but it's surprising to see how bad they have got. Didn't watch the game today, but the result speaks for itself…

God knows I just hope we can get by without him, if we had not signed Sanitizer we would be in deep trouble.

Pep not starting KDB baffling and totally made my GW even worse. My team has fires everywhere hitting Wildcard.
    EXPLAINED: Why are Man City being charged by the Premier League?

Crikey!

Man City CHARGED with FFP BREACHES! What happens next? Potential punishments? | ESPN FC
    Marcelo Bielsa on why he rejected Everton

:))

God knows I just hope we can get by without him, if we had not signed Sanitizer we would be in deep trouble.

Pep not starting KDB baffling and totally made my GW even worse. My team has fires everywhere hitting Wildcard.

Indeed, Marcel Sabitzer might be a clever signing by United – especially given Casemiro's absence.

I can't remember the tweet exactly, but someone pointed out that Pep benched De Bruyne last time they played a team with a similar formation to that of Sp*rs. Might be something to keep in mind.
    Marcelo Bielsa on why he rejected Everton

:))

Hahahaha!!
    Hard fought draw for United vs an inspired Leeds side the fact we came back from 2 - 0 down was encouraging though.

I am really concerned at how tired United were, we have not had a break from midweek games in some time and with Erikson and Casemiro missing its hurting us. I just hope we can recuperate as we have some major games coming up in February that will define our season...

Sun 12 Premier League Leeds versus Man Utd

Thu 16 UEFA Europa League Barcelona versus Man Utd

Sun 19 Premier League Man Utd versus Leicester

Thu 23 UEFA Europa League Man Utd versus Barcelona

Sun 26 English League Cup Final Man Utd versus Newcastle

The fixture congestion is a nightmare with the current state of our midfield, though at the end of the day you want to be involved in these games that is what it is all about. Thankfully Casemiro can play in the Barca games and League Cup Final.

Time to hit my Wildcard... Second thoughts not the week to Wildcard looking at my team with the Double GW. I have 2 free transfers and really don't need to use either right now....

Edited: Made one transfer will wait just before the deadline as to whether to make a second, Gakpo has been a total disappointment the question is do I give him one last chance at home vs Everton..
    The United schedule looks very congested, for sure. Important games as well.

Haven't looked at my team for days, until now. Really not sure what to do with my one free transfer. Could save the transfer, but my overall rank suggests I should start getting a bit more aggressive with my transfers.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 17,272
    We have another deadline tomorrow, which leaves us with just enough time for a look back at gameweek 22. We had many great scores in our league this gameweek, when the overall average was quite…average, at 48 points. Best of us all, with a successful Triple Captain chip played on Rashford, was LVLA Skopje 05, scoring 93 points. Congratulations! =D>

VBLXR8T.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    _______

Remember the gameweek 23 deadline tomorrow, at 11.00 UK time!

Haven't looked at my team for days, until now. Really not sure what to do with my one free transfer. Could save the transfer, but my overall rank suggests I should start getting a bit more aggressive with my transfers.

Will check team just before deadline, though with so many of my players with double GW I won't change much.

Will check team just before deadline, though with so many of my players with double GW I won't change much.

Me neither. The team is well enough prepared for the double, though I do have a couple transfers I'm looking at. Not sure yet though.
    Here are the gameweek 23 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 13
    Saka: 2

We're at an interesting point of the FPL season, with blanks and doubles becoming a factor in our transfer- and captaincy thinking. With City and Arsenal having a double gameweek, it's no surprise to see many captaining Haaland. 13 of 18 teams in our league back the City striker to deliver, with Saka the only other captain picked by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Wow only just seen today's scores, from an FPL point of view a disaster for me though some surprises in there for sure. Plus Bournemouth just took the lead vs Newcastle could be a good weekend for United though Leeds away we will have to do much better than midweek.

Thankfully i have tomorrow off so can enjoy the two Manchester games.
    Almiron goal 1 - 1 half time. Looking at the scorers today I should have hit my Wildcard as 2 players I was going to bring in scored.

I need to wake up a bit to FPL I still have 3 chips left and not even considered hitting Triple Captain with the recent doubles which could be costly.
    Finishes 1 - 1 Bournemouth unlucky not to win.
    Certainly not a great gameweek for me so far either. Wish I had the Triple Captain chip left; I'm sure you'll find good use for it in one of the upcoming double gameweeks, for example!

Disappointing result for Arsenal today. They couldn't afford to lose two points after the Everton game. The title is in City's hands now.
    Certainly not a great gameweek for me so far either. Wish I had the Triple Captain chip left; I'm sure you'll find good use for it in one of the upcoming double gameweeks, for example!

Disappointing result for Arsenal today. They couldn't afford to lose two points after the Everton game. The title is in City's hands now.

I think the only consolation after seeing recent games is no one appears to be consistent and is suffering with fatigue.