The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2022 Posts: 23,102
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12698028/ivan-toney-named-in-england-squad-for-first-time-for-nations-league-games-against-italy-and-germany

England's 28-man squad in full

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Marc Guehi, Reece James, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse.

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling, Ivan Toney.

I am not sure Southgate has picked enough defenders :))

Says it all, no Rashford or Sancho or Ben white (who has played well and versatile) when Maguire and Shaw, Bowen and flop Grealish get in with no playing time or form??? With Southgate in charge and if our WC squad resembles this squad we will be lucky to get out of the group at the WC, Southgate has done all he can IMO.

This is our last squad before the World Cup not good IMO, glad to see Toney in there.

No Pickford? maybe he is injured.

---

Mason Greenwood inclusion in official Man Utd squad explained amid suspension
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mason-greenwood-inclusion-official-man-27992548
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Don't forget the GW deadline is 6.30pm tonight UK time.

Still not decided on my last transfer and whether i should also take a hit. I am now reluctant to sell Salah so I may just lose James for a week and bring in a defender for my free transfer.
    Damn, almost forgot – and I'm playing the wildcard as well! Last minute tinkering now…
    Really not sure about my final wildcard team, so I left a bit cash in the bank to leave my options open for what I do in the coming gameweeks:
    Pope
    Cancelo – Perišić – Trippier
    Andreas – Bailey – De Bruyne – Martinelli
    Mitrović – Isak – Haaland
    (Iversen – Maddison – Emerson - James)
    Really not sure about my final wildcard team, so I left a bit cash in the bank to leave my options open for what I do in the coming gameweeks:
    Pope

Good line up, before the games were cancelled I was considering Isak. I just made one transfer James out Dier in. I considered Perisic this GW though was concerned by his game time so played it safe as I am expecting only 10 of my 11 active squad players to start.
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Pope

Good line up, before the games were cancelled I was considering Isak. I just made one transfer James out Dier in. I considered Perisic this GW though was concerned by his game time so played it safe as I am expecting only 10 of my 11 active squad players to start.

Decided to include James on my wildcard, benching him for this week's fixtures myself.
    If I wasn't on wildcard I would have had to think very differently about Chelsea assets, as fielding a starting eleven would have been difficult without moving on the blanking players.

Perišić is very much a gamble, with a potential high upside. Can't see myself keeping him for long though.
    Here are the gameweek 8 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 13
    Jesus: 2
    Kane: 2
    Salah: 1
    De Bruyne: 1

Since gameweek 8 is a blank gameweek, it's no surprise to see the in form Haaland leading the captaincy pick list. Good luck everyone!
    Haaland scores again, may as well keep captaincy on him all season at this rate.

:-O Jack Grealish also scored.

The good news for me is Dias and Cancello started and Wolves can't his a barn door.
    Haaland scores again, may as well keep captaincy on him all season at this rate.

:-O Jack Grealish also scored.

The good news for me is Dias and Cancello started and Wolves can't his a barn door.

Favoured De Bruyne over Stones on wildcard. Will be interesting to see who will bring in the most points going forward.
    Foden gets third, City are going to walk this league this year.
    KDB currently on 2 bonus points, Cancelo along with Grealish on 3. Haaland on 1 bonus point.
    Kinda expected more from City when Wolves went down to ten men, but Wolves played quite well in the second half despite being a man short.
    Well done to anyone who brought Son in I was convinced he was going to be dropped, I considered him briefly as one week replacement for Salah for a Hit though thought it was a risk if benched. Son was really my only other option already having 3 City assets so KDB was a no go.

Thankfully Dier got a goal to soften the blow, been a poor GW for me so far, I need a goal blitz at Brentford tomorrow from both sides.

Just watched Son hat trick, couple of great goals in there.

Harry Kane and Brendan Rodgers react to Spurs beating Leicester 6-2
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 2022 Posts: 2,341
    Well done to anyone who brought Son in I was convinced he was going to be dropped, I considered him briefly as one week replacement for Salah for a Hit though thought it was a risk if benched. Son was really my only other option already having 3 City assets so KDB was a no go.

Thankfully Dier got a goal to soften the blow, been a poor GW for me so far, I need a goal blitz at Brentford tomorrow from both sides.

Hard to pick son on his form and rumours of him starting on the bench wasn't it ?

Brought in Kane for toney and trippier for trent which worked out well.

Bournemouth are better since parker left. No more easy beats like Leicester ?

Hard to pick son on his form and rumours of him starting on the bench wasn't it ?

Brought in Kane for toney and trippier for trent which worked out well.

Bournemouth are better since parker left. No more easy beats like Leicester ?

Bournemouth have certainly improved though I expect the likes of city and spurs could get a lot of goals still against them.

I have not checked the news today though surely Rodgers position is now untenable.

I considered Son on my wildcard, but with him being rumoured starting on the bench, and De Bruyne as my other premium option, he became too much of a risk to bring in.

Hah, good one! Rogers must be under heavy pressure now.
    Forgot about the game time of Arsenal game, Jesus and Saliba getting me some much needed points. Saliba on 3 Bonus points, Jesus on 2 get in.
    Good game by Arsenal and another return from Saliba. He's been a standout player, and so important for the team since coming back from his loan spell(s).

"…His great-great-great grandfather Patrick Vieira" :))
    Good game by Arsenal and another return from Saliba. He's been a standout player, and so important for the team since coming back from his loan spell(s).

Just finished watching the highlights, Gunners playing some good football, great build up and finish for the 3rd. Arsenal are the biggest threat for City right now, no question.

Just finished watching the highlights, Gunners playing some good football, great build up and finish for the 3rd. Arsenal are the biggest threat for City right now, no question.

They've had a better start than anyone could imagine, for sure. The injury list is quite long now though, and I think that will show in the upcoming games. From what I've read, Sp*rs haven't been playing fantastic football, but they keep getting results too, so I think they are a threat to City as well – probably more so than Arsenal.
    Since gameweek 7 was cancelled, we headed right into gameweek 8 and a blank gameweek last weekend. It was a gameweek bound to have large gaps in gameweek points, with many managers having used their wildcards, and owning several players from the teams without a fixture. You could clearly see that in our league as well, where some teams scored well above the average. Best of us all was AC Miami, scoring impressive 79 points, and a gameweek rank of 167 275. Congratulations! =D>

WDJnFoL.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7:
    GW 8: AC Miami
    _______

We're heading into an international break, which means no fantasy football until Sat 1 Oct 11:00 UK time. Enjoy the break, and make sure to keep an eye on potential injuries during the internationals!

They've had a better start than anyone could imagine, for sure. The injury list is quite long now though, and I think that will show in the upcoming games. From what I've read, Sp*rs haven't been playing fantastic football, but they keep getting results too, so I think they are a threat to City as well – probably more so than Arsenal.

For the chasing pack including United and Liverpool we just need to stay with in touching distance of the current top teams. Once the fixtures pile up points can and will be dropped, other than city i think top four will be difficult to predict.

It appears the players coming in for injured stars like Odergard are good enough to do well.

For the chasing pack including United and Liverpool we just need to stay with in touching distance of the current top teams. Once the fixtures pile up points can and will be dropped, other than city i think top four will be difficult to predict.

It appears the players coming in for injured stars like Odergard are good enough to do well.

It's very open still, and I think top four this season will be just as close as last season, and no less competitive.

There finally seems to be some squad depth in the Arsenal squad – especially when everyone is fit. There are some positions that are still a bit light, and I hope the club can strengthen the squad further in January. Won't be surprised if United do the same too.

It's very open still, and I think top four this season will be just as close as last season, and no less competitive.

There finally seems to be some squad depth in the Arsenal squad – especially when everyone is fit. There are some positions that are still a bit light, and I hope the club can strengthen the squad further in January. Won't be surprised if United do the same too.

According to reports Ten Hag is pushing for more money in January, he is wanting to assemble a strong squad of his own players as quickly as possible it would seem. Post World Cup transfer window could be busy if some new stars appear during the tournament.

Feels odd that the World Cup is exactly two months away now, I booked 3 weeks off lol

To all FPL Managers I am up for doing World Cup Fantasy football league, will keep an eye on the official FIFA website.

Countdown to Qatar 2022
    https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022
    ...nothing up on the channel yet. The game usually appears anywhere between a month and a week before the tournament starts.
    Mark Noble appointed as West Ham sporting director???

According to reports Ten Hag is pushing for more money in January, he is wanting to assemble a strong squad of his own players as quickly as possible it would seem. Post World Cup transfer window could be busy if some new stars appear during the tournament.

Feels odd that the World Cup is exactly two months away now, I booked 3 weeks off lol

To all FPL Managers I am up for doing World Cup Fantasy football league, will keep an eye on the official FIFA website.

Countdown to Qatar 2022
    https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022
    ...nothing up on the channel yet. The game usually appears anywhere between a month and a week before the tournament starts.

That makes sense. The World Cup is also a great stage for players to show their qualities, which might make the January transfer window even more challenging than it normally would. United as a club is still a big draw, though.

Yes, it's strange to think that the tournament is just around the corner. Haven't given the World Cup much though myself; being held mid season, it kinda becomes secondary to the club football. In a way it's a good thing, as it's not a tournament I feel massively excited about for obvious reasons…
    Mark Noble appointed as West Ham sporting director???

Very surprising! I mean, he's obviously a club man through and through, but to get a position like that just so sudden, is something you wouldn't expect.
    Took a mini break from site whilst the woeful England games were on. I have not looked at my team for a while, think last time I did I was considering just banking a transfer and giving Salah one last chance.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited September 2022 Posts: 2,341
    Took a mini break from site whilst the woeful England games were on. I have not looked at my team for a while, think last time I did I was considering just banking a transfer and giving Salah one last chance.

Salah hasn't scored a "worldy" since some time last season.
    He couldn't score in 3 finals last season as well so maybe he is past his best ?

Gareth Southgate has urged Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag to give Harry Maguire more game time ahead of England's World Cup campaign.
    This is unbelievable..... :-O

Salah hasn't scored a "worldy" since some time last season.
    He couldn't score in 3 finals last season as well so maybe he is past his best ?

Gareth Southgate has urged Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag to give Harry Maguire more game time ahead of England's World Cup campaign.
    This is unbelievable..... :-O

I bet Ten Hag laughed at that ridiculous request.

Salah is too good a player and still in his peak years, he will bounce back though Liverpool needs to function better as a eam also.