The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

We have midweek deadline tomorrow night, so here's an early look at how gameweek 4 went! Gameweek 4 was a gameweek in which several familiar names scored big, with Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Sterling, Luis Díaz, Firmino and Haaland all scoring double digits. The average gameweek score was the highest so far this season as well, at 62 points. Many managers will have seen big rank swings, which only highlights the unpredictability of FPL – but that's part of the fun! It certainly was a fun gameweek for LVLA Skopje 05, our gameweek 4 winner – scoring impressive 90 points, and finishing the gameweek with a gameweek rank of 412 754. Congratulations! =D>

hwPQ8Xz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    _________

As mentioned, we have another deadline already tomorrow, at 18:00 UK time. Have your teams ready by then!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,353
    I missed the second half, Arsenal are the real deal. I think if they can keep there main players fit they will do well.

Watching the Liverpool game Bournemouth were abysmal, notably Salah had plenty of chances so not too concerned about keeping him.

We saw cracks in the Arsenal team yesterday, with Partey and Zinchenko out. And that's the thing about Arsenal; they're only a couple of injuries away from a form dip. Expect they will struggle in upcoming games, when they face stronger opposition.

Not too concerned about Salah either. I see some FPL people on Twitter thinking about dropping him if they're going to captain other players in the games leading up to playing the first wildcard – and instead spreading the funds. I think plans like that might be a reason to drop him, but he's obviously a captaincy option most gameweeks anyway.
    Despite a captain fail I backed Salah instead of Haaland, I still got 70 points not bad, if only i had captained Haaland.

Haaland looking good though will City become too reliant on him, it will be interesting to see how City perform when Haaland is rested.

City cannot let Silva leave, he is vital to this team.

Selling Sterling and Jesus was a big mistake which will perhaps catch up with them at some point (I understand both players leaving were for particular reasons).

Leicester look like they have issues, hopefully United will continue there good form on Thursday away to them.

I think I will bank a transfer this week, I did think Martinellli to Ødegaard though its a bit of a side ways move. Martinellli for me should be getting more FPL point's he has been wasteful in good area's.

It will be interesting to see how Haaland and Álvarez will share minutes now that the fixture congestion kicks in.

Selling Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko was a risky move by City (especially thinking of squad depth), though I expect they have future incomings in mind when letting these players leave.

Leicester is a team to target at the moment. They are capable of scoring against most teams obviously, but they are really struggling defensively.

The thing with my squad is its strong to the point that I keep having points on my bench so if I did sell Salah I don't really need the extra funds right now. Son to me is too expensive on current form and KDB is he really going to out points Salah. Diaz at Liverpool would appear a good cheaper alternative though I am not convinced he will rack up numbers close to Mane never mind Salah.

Agree, even though dropping Salah could be an option if finding the right way to spend the funds, I don't know who I'd want instead – besides maybe De Bruyne. They've kept the pricing in FPL this season fairly low, and you can get a lot of great players, even with a few premiums in your squad.
    I missed the second half, Arsenal are the real deal. I think if they can keep there main players fit they will do well.

Watching the Liverpool game Bournemouth were abysmal, notably Salah had plenty of chances so not too concerned about keeping him.

We saw cracks in the Arsenal team yesterday, with Partey and Zinchenko out. And that's the thing about Arsenal; they're only a couple of injuries away from a form dip. Expect they will struggle in upcoming games, when they face stronger opposition.

Not too concerned about Salah either. I see some FPL people on Twitter thinking about dropping him if they're going to captain other players in the games leading up to playing the first wildcard – and instead spreading the funds. I think plans like that might be a reason to drop him, but he's obviously a captaincy option most gameweeks anyway.
    Despite a captain fail I backed Salah instead of Haaland, I still got 70 points not bad, if only i had captained Haaland.

Haaland looking good though will City become too reliant on him, it will be interesting to see how City perform when Haaland is rested.

Selling Sterling and Jesus was a big mistake which will perhaps catch up with them at some point (I understand both players leaving were for particular reasons).

Leicester look like they have issues, hopefully United will continue there good form on Thursday away to them.

I think I will bank a transfer this week, I did think Martinellli to Ødegaard though its a bit of a side ways move. Martinellli for me should be getting more FPL point's he has been wasteful in good area's.

It will be interesting to see how Haaland and Álvarez will share minutes now that the fixture congestion kicks in.

Selling Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko was a risky move by City (especially thinking of squad depth), though I expect they have future incomings in mind when letting these players leave.

Leicester is a team to target at the moment. They are capable of scoring against most teams obviously, but they are really struggling defensively.

Arsenal won the game that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Did Jesus have any chances ?

Salah hasn't scored a magical goal for awhile, since last season.
    I will probably sell him. He's too expensive.

Jesus was lively, but didn't manage to find the net. What Arsenal are getting with him is not only a good striker, but also a player which contributes to the build up – which is something they've missed. Lacazette could do a bit of link up play (as could Giroud back in the day), but Jesus offers something else. He will be important even when he doesn't score.

I see a lot of FPL managers are divided on Salah right now. Some have serious intentions of transferring him out if they haven'y already, while others are set on keeping him. I'm sort of in between right now, and won't rule out anything. But as I wrote above, I'm not sure how I will spend the funds I get from selling him. I could try and spread the funds as much as possible, but there won't be many gameweeks until I wildcard anyway – which if you look at it the other way, is a reason to sell; you can always wildcard him back!
    Richarlison started randomly doing keep ups then got his legs took out.

Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter last night. Quite the challenge!

Did you see this ?
    Red card ?

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations LVLA Skopje 05

---

Undecided on my captain choice this GW.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,353
    Bournemouth sack Parker
    Salah out, he'll will probably get a brace or more now...... :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bournemouth sack Parker

Unfortunate for Parker, the team clearly need reinforcements.

You sold Salah?
    Bournemouth sack Parker

You sold Salah?

Yeah. I will probably get Darwin back next gw.
    Bournemouth sack Parker

You sold Salah?

Yeah. I will probably get Darwin back next gw.

I am going to stick with Salah for now as I don't really have an obvious replacement in mind, Newcastle as good as they are still concede so I fancy Liverpool to get a few goals in that game.

The thing with my squad is its strong to the point that I keep having points on my bench so if I did sell Salah I don't really need the extra funds right now. Son to me is too expensive on current form and KDB is he really going to out points Salah. Diaz at Liverpool would appear a good cheaper alternative though I am not convinced he will rack up numbers close to Mane never mind Salah.

Agree, even though dropping Salah could be an option if finding the right way to spend the funds, I don't know who I'd want instead – besides maybe De Bruyne. They've kept the pricing in FPL this season fairly low, and you can get a lot of great players, even with a few premiums in your squad.

Arsenal won the game that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Did Jesus have any chances ?

Salah hasn't scored a magical goal for awhile, since last season.
    I will probably sell him. He's too expensive.

Jesus was lively, but didn't manage to find the net. What Arsenal are getting with him is not only a good striker, but also a player which contributes to the build up – which is something they've missed. Lacazette could do a bit of link up play (as could Giroud back in the day), but Jesus offers something else. He will be important even when he doesn't score.

I see a lot of FPL managers are divided on Salah right now. Some have serious intentions of transferring him out if they haven'y already, while others are set on keeping him. I'm sort of in between right now, and won't rule out anything. But as I wrote above, I'm not sure how I will spend the funds I get from selling him. I could try and spread the funds as much as possible, but there won't be many gameweeks until I wildcard anyway – which if you look at it the other way, is a reason to sell; you can always wildcard him back!
    Richarlison started randomly doing keep ups then got his legs took out.

Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter last night. Quite the challenge!

Did you see this ?
    Red card ?

Someone drew comparison to a Mané red card from a previous season. Both were very similar, so I wouldn't have been surprised if Haaland could have been sent off for this.
    ________

Really surprised Bournemouth sacked Parker. He was very frustrated by the lack of signings (from what I've read online), so that was probably a reason behind them parting ways.

Reece James being out forced me to spend both of my free transfers. Saliba comes in for Trippier, though with Partey and now Elneny out, I don't see Arsenal keeping clean sheets. Saliba will therefore likely be a short term transfer.
    Here are the gameweek 5 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 11
    De Bruyne: 3
    Salah: 3
    Ødegaard: 2

After scoring his first Man City hat-trick this weekend, it's no surprise to see the majority of our league putting the armband on Haaland. De Bruyne is backed by 3 managers, meaning 14 of 19 managers back City against Nottingham Forest. Salah and Ødegaard are the only other players captained this gameweek, backed by 3 and 2 managers respectively. Good luck everyone!
    Been asleep so only just noticed James is out, hopefully my bench will deliver... I fear both Dias and Haaland may both be rested so expecting my whole bench now to feature.
    Been asleep so only just noticed James is out, hopefully my bench will deliver... I fear both Dias and Haaland may both be rested so expecting my whole bench now to feature.

Took the gamble captaining Haaland, even though he might get rested. Really nice fixture if he does start!
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,327
    Chelsea just conceded so not too fussed James is out, 1 - 1 v Southampton. Sterling gets his third of the season.

If Haaland does start I am probably in trouble lol
    Gordon scores again for Everton as they take the lead vs Leeds, his price probably rising (Transfer fee, Chelsea after him).
    Chelsea just conceded so not too fussed James is out, 1 - 1 v Southampton. Sterling gets his third of the season.

If Haaland does start I am probably in trouble lol

Really need Cucurella to contribute now that Chelsea conceded…

No way of knowing what Pep might do – as usual! The captaincy was between Haaland and Salah for me, although I also considered a risky Cancelo punt. Too risky to go down that route, in the end.
    Gordon scores again for Everton as they take the lead vs Leeds, his price probably rising (Transfer fee, Chelsea after him).

One to watch, for sure.
    Chelsea losing, United's win last weekend v Southampton looking good at this point. All the results doing me no favors FPL wise.
    Rodrigo only lasted 31 minutes great. Bad GW incoming for me.
    Haaland has to start as he only played 83 mins last gw :)>- and he's my triple captain. ^:)^
    Haaland is the only man c player that pep is scared of "resting" ?
    Its looking likely Ronaldo will stay which will be a huge bonus, we need him for obvious reasons though also as we lack depth up front. The match day squad tomorrow will confirm the situation.

PSG offering Neymar to Chelsea, I hope it comes off it will certainly be entertaining to watch.
    Haaland has to start as he only played 83 mins last gw :)>- and he's my triple captain. ^:)^
    Haaland is the only man c player that pep is scared of "resting" ?

Pep has already said he will rotate Haaland though for which games unsure, Forest is arguably the easiest of the games over the next few weeks my gut says he wont start tonight. If I am wrong I will likely regret not captaining him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'd be surprised if he doesn't start. They need to keep the pressure on while other teams falter.
    Perfect scenario for me is Salah hauls and a benched Haaland comes on late and does nothing.

---

Maguire impression cracks me up :))

Look at the kit names behind Slabhead. The Greenwood jersey is brutal.
    Alverez and Haaland start KDB on bench.
    Perfect scenario for me is Salah hauls and a benched Haaland comes on late and does nothing.

---

Maguire impression cracks me up :))

Look at the kit names behind Slabhead. The Greenwood jersey is brutal.

Hahaha! Good one!
    Dam Haaland 2 goals already, I need Salah to haul big time now.
    Haaland hatrick, the last two GW's just killed my season :))
    Kane goal vs West Ham

All being well I am taking a -8 hit after this GW's game.
    Newcastle take lead through new player Isak at Anfield, bye bye Liverpool assets.
    Salah got two assists though small consolation. Not captaining Haaland's two hatricks has given me a mountain to climb.
    I only focused on the Arsenal game myself, and didn't see the other results until now. Not surprised that Haaland was on fire tonight, as he started the game. On another night it could have been Haaland on the bench instead of De Bruyne, and Salah scoring a hat-trick!
    I only focused on the Arsenal game myself, and didn't see the other results until now. Not surprised that Haaland was on fire tonight, as he started the game. On another night it could have been Haaland on the bench instead of De Bruyne, and Salah scoring a hat-trick!

I may hold off on my - 8 though need to see how quickly James and Rodrigo are likely to return before I make any transfers. Got two free transfers.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,279

I may hold off on my - 8 though need to see how quickly James and Rodrigo are likely to return before I make any transfers. Got two free transfers.

James was out with an illness wasn't he? If so, he might be back this weekend. That also changes the appeal of the Chelsea defence. Haven't read anything more about how long Rodrigo might be out for.