The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    8 - 0...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,334
    Carvallo dam Tsimikas assist.

Nothing from Salah.
    Haaland hat-trick!
    Haaland Hatrick

9 - 0 to Liverpool still nothing from Salah, equals highest ever score.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,280
    That was really exciting 90 mins of football – and a lot of goals! Only watched the City-Palace game myself, but I should've had the Liverpool-Bournemouth game on as well.
    That was really exciting 90 mins of football – and a lot of goals! Only watched the City-Palace game myself, but I should've had the Liverpool-Bournemouth game on as well.

Its ridiculous 3pm games are not shown in the UK. going to watch Arsenal shortly hopefully my assets will do something to make up for my Salah captaincy.

Its ridiculous 3pm games are not shown in the UK. going to watch Arsenal shortly hopefully my assets will do something to make up for my Salah captaincy.

Really strange rule. We can watch them all here.

Partey and Zinchenko out for Arsenal. This is not good…
    ________

"Foden finally played me the ball." Haaland in the post-match interview with Norwegian TV. :))

________

"Foden finally played me the ball." Haaland in the post-match interview with Norwegian TV. :))

lol I think I will Captain Haaland for while going forward though unlike many online I will keep salah for now. also of managers say he is done, i dont think so.

I have a feeling Fulham may score in this one.

________

lol I think I will Captain Haaland for while going forward though unlike many online I will keep salah for now. also of managers say he is done, i dont think so.

I have a feeling Fulham may score in this one.

Haaland is definitely a captain option, if we are willing to risk the potential of reduced minutes. Salah hasn't had the best start, but history shows he's a very reliable FPL option.

Me too. I think this could be a game Arsenal lose.
    Phew! Great reaction by Arsenal going down 0-1, but on another day they wouldn't have been able to turn the game around. Important 3 points.
    I missed the second half, Arsenal are the real deal. I think if they can keep there main players fit they will do well.

Watching the Liverpool game Bournemouth were abysmal, notably Salah had plenty of chances so not too concerned about keeping him.
    Despite a captain fail I backed Salah instead of Haaland, I still got 70 points not bad, if only i had captained Haaland.

Haaland looking good though will City become too reliant on him, it will be interesting to see how City perform when Haaland is rested.

City cannot let Silva leave, he is vital to this team.

Selling Sterling and Jesus was a big mistake which will perhaps catch up with them at some point (I understand both players leaving were for particular reasons).

Leicester look like they have issues, hopefully United will continue there good form on Thursday away to them.

I think I will bank a transfer this week, I did think Martinellli to Ødegaard though its a bit of a side ways move. Martinellli for me should be getting more FPL point's he has been wasteful in good area's.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,353
    Despite a captain fail I backed Salah instead of Haaland, I still got 70 points not bad, if only i had captained Haaland.

Haaland looking good though will City become too reliant on him, it will be interesting to see how City perform when Haaland is rested.

Selling Sterling and Jesus was a big mistake which will perhaps catch up with them at some point (I understand both players leaving were for particular reasons).

Leicester look like they have issues, hopefully United will continue there good form on Thursday away to them.

I think I will bank a transfer this week, I did think Martinellli to Ødegaard though its a bit of a side ways move. Martinellli for me should be getting more FPL point's he has been wasteful in good area's.

Parker should have Parkered the bus. :))

I need some Leon Bailey points today. #:-S

All my team have played so expecting my green arrow to drop a bit after a huge jump in ranking.

Felt sorry for Parker he clearly has not got the resources.
    I missed the second half, Arsenal are the real deal. I think if they can keep there main players fit they will do well.

Watching the Liverpool game Bournemouth were abysmal, notably Salah had plenty of chances so not too concerned about keeping him.

We saw cracks in the Arsenal team yesterday, with Partey and Zinchenko out. And that's the thing about Arsenal; they're only a couple of injuries away from a form dip. Expect they will struggle in upcoming games, when they face stronger opposition.

Not too concerned about Salah either. I see some FPL people on Twitter thinking about dropping him if they're going to captain other players in the games leading up to playing the first wildcard – and instead spreading the funds. I think plans like that might be a reason to drop him, but he's obviously a captaincy option most gameweeks anyway.

It will be interesting to see how Haaland and Álvarez will share minutes now that the fixture congestion kicks in.

Selling Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko was a risky move by City (especially thinking of squad depth), though I expect they have future incomings in mind when letting these players leave.

Leicester is a team to target at the moment. They are capable of scoring against most teams obviously, but they are really struggling defensively.

We saw cracks in the Arsenal team yesterday, with Partey and Zinchenko out. And that's the thing about Arsenal; they're only a couple of injuries away from a form dip. Expect they will struggle in upcoming games, when they face stronger opposition.

Not too concerned about Salah either. I see some FPL people on Twitter thinking about dropping him if they're going to captain other players in the games leading up to playing the first wildcard – and instead spreading the funds. I think plans like that might be a reason to drop him, but he's obviously a captaincy option most gameweeks anyway.

It will be interesting to see how Haaland and Álvarez will share minutes now that the fixture congestion kicks in.

Selling Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko was a risky move by City (especially thinking of squad depth), though I expect they have future incomings in mind when letting these players leave.

Leicester is a team to target at the moment. They are capable of scoring against most teams obviously, but they are really struggling defensively.

The thing with my squad is its strong to the point that I keep having points on my bench so if I did sell Salah I don't really need the extra funds right now. Son to me is too expensive on current form and KDB is he really going to out points Salah. Diaz at Liverpool would appear a good cheaper alternative though I am not convinced he will rack up numbers close to Mane never mind Salah.

All my team have played so expecting my green arrow to drop a bit after a huge jump in ranking.

Bournemouth beat villa in the first gw so they must have some decent players ?
    I think Parker must accept some of the blame himself ? His tactics were wrong imo.

Bournemouth beat villa in the first gw so they must have some decent players ?
    I think Parker must accept some of the blame himself ? His tactics were wrong imo.

I only saw some of the highlights though playing too open certainly away in this league is asking for trouble, Ten Hag found that out vs Brentford.
    Reports coming in that Antony deal agreed to go to Man United for £84 Million, nothing official yet...

The fee does not bother me certainly looking at the current market and what other players are being valued at, Antony is already a superb player at 22 years old and in the Brazil team so its a no brainier.

Arsenal won the game that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Did Jesus have any chances ?

Salah hasn't scored a magical goal for awhile, since last season.
    I will probably sell him. He's too expensive.
    Neves goal for Wolves which justifies me benching Schar. I never thought Wolves were going to score.
    Fornals scores West Ham's first goal of the season.
    Great counter attack leads to Jiminez goal... VAR? Goal disallowed for a push in the build up. No consistency.
    Saint Maximam goal in the 89th minute, Wolves heartache. 1 - 1

Cracking goal, 8 minutes of extra time...
    Free kick on edge of area to Newcastle in 98th minute...

Saint Maximam injured and off.

Trippier to take free kick...
    Schar takes it and fluffs his lines, full time 1 - 1 good game Wolves need to get goal scorers in they play good football though cant finish.
    Weird handball in the Forest game in the penalty area, he was pushed by Kane...

Forest player Yellow, Kane penalty... Misses Henderson makes great save. 1 - 0 Spurs still Kane scored in first half, come on Forest.

Richarlisons delayed reaction to feeling pain was comical 😂

2 - 0 Kane gets his second from a cute cross from Richarlison. Son went off and did little.

Richarlison started randomly doing keep ups then got his legs took out.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,353

Still a bit early for sackings ,but you never know ?

Antony's price, 7-8m ?

The thing with my squad is its strong to the point that I keep having points on my bench so if I did sell Salah I don't really need the extra funds right now. Son to me is too expensive on current form and KDB is he really going to out points Salah. Diaz at Liverpool would appear a good cheaper alternative though I am not convinced he will rack up numbers close to Mane never mind Salah.

Agree, even though dropping Salah could be an option if finding the right way to spend the funds, I don't know who I'd want instead – besides maybe De Bruyne. They've kept the pricing in FPL this season fairly low, and you can get a lot of great players, even with a few premiums in your squad.

Arsenal won the game that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Did Jesus have any chances ?

Salah hasn't scored a magical goal for awhile, since last season.
    I will probably sell him. He's too expensive.

Jesus was lively, but didn't manage to find the net. What Arsenal are getting with him is not only a good striker, but also a player which contributes to the build up – which is something they've missed. Lacazette could do a bit of link up play (as could Giroud back in the day), but Jesus offers something else. He will be important even when he doesn't score.

I see a lot of FPL managers are divided on Salah right now. Some have serious intentions of transferring him out if they haven'y already, while others are set on keeping him. I'm sort of in between right now, and won't rule out anything. But as I wrote above, I'm not sure how I will spend the funds I get from selling him. I could try and spread the funds as much as possible, but there won't be many gameweeks until I wildcard anyway – which if you look at it the other way, is a reason to sell; you can always wildcard him back!
    Richarlison started randomly doing keep ups then got his legs took out.

Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter last night. Quite the challenge!