The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Calamitous City's result from last night has made team selection for GW1 that bit easier.

Indeed. All depends on United in the EL now; if they reach the final, it looks like we must find "placeholders" for United assets. Fernandes can become Aubameyang, De Bruyne or Mané the way my team is structured right now. And Martial can become Jiménez.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Like for like swaps sure makes it easier, with the slight changes its become easier not to take hits (early on at least)
    Like for like swaps sure makes it easier, with the slight changes its become easier not to take hits (early on at least)

Yes, I think like for like players price wise (or at least an easy way to get any player), is something to have in mind when picking the squad. I've burned myself on having an unbalanced squad before.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Yes, I think like for like players price wise (or at least an easy way to get any player), is something to have in mind when picking the squad. I've burned myself on having an unbalanced squad before.

Well unfortunately as I predicted no Manchester sides in the European finals, so we can pretty much get a team nailed down (fixture list may make us make slight changes)
    edited August 2020 Posts: 23,271
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,272

Well unfortunately as I predicted no Manchester sides in the European finals, so we can pretty much get a team nailed down (fixture list may make us make slight changes)

Hm… It's safe to jump on United assets then, but I'll definitely stay clear of Arsenal players unless they have a very nice run of games from gameweek 2 onwards.

Looks like I'll be captaining a City or Liverpool player; in my current draft, that will be either Salah or Sterling.

Hm… It's safe to jump on United assets then, but I'll definitely stay clear of Arsenal players unless they have a very nice run of games from gameweek 2 onwards.

Looks like I'll be captaining a City or Liverpool player; in my current draft, that will be either Salah or Sterling.

I will definitely be looking to captain City players at home to Palace based on Palace's recent appalling run of results, West Ham away could be tricky for Liverpool. United battered Chelsea at home GW1 last season, I would back a United win they tend to start the season well certainly at Old Trafford, though with still no crowds results are not that certain.

I will definitely be looking to captain City players at home to Palace based on Palace's recent appalling run of results, West Ham away could be tricky for Liverpool. United battered Chelsea at home GW1 last season, I would back a United win they tend to start the season well certainly at Old Trafford, though with still no crowds results are not that certain.

Yes, I'm leaning towards captaining a City player too for the reason you mention, but I won't rule out captaining Salah either. Fernandes (or another United player of choice) against Arsenal is also an option, I think.
    Man Utd and Man City handed new Premier League 2020-21 start date
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-man-city-handed-22541754

Still GW1 though the extra few days rest not sure how that helps if after the midweek delayed games they play a few day's later at the weekend.

---

I am the first one at the moment though in a few weeks I will be the second one :))
    Intentionally not looking at my team, waiting for transfers to start happening. Read earlier Henderson may go back out on loan at SU, so monitoring that situation.

Still GW1 though the extra few days rest not sure how that helps if after the midweek delayed games they play a few day's later at the weekend.

As expected, though both teams playing again just a few days later might complicate things. I won't be surprised to see a few early subs and/or a bit of rotation.

I am the first one at the moment though in a few weeks I will be the second one :))
    Intentionally not looking at my team, waiting for transfers to start happening. Read earlier Henderson may go back out on loan at SU, so monitoring that situation.

Interesting re. Henderson. Whoever SU go for is worth considering, I think! I'm the first one right now too. My team is in decent shape on paper, but I'll need the fixture list to finally decide which premiums to go for, and the structure of my defence. As for the medium price players, that's where I might do several changes. There are plenty to choose from, but difficult to tell which ones are going to be the best options going into the season.

As expected, though both teams playing again just a few days later might complicate things. I won't be surprised to see a few early subs and/or a bit of rotation.

Interesting re. Henderson. Whoever SU go for is worth considering, I think! I'm the first one right now too. My team is in decent shape on paper, but I'll need the fixture list to finally decide which premiums to go for, and the structure of my defence. As for the medium price players, that's where I might do several changes. There are plenty to choose from, but difficult to tell which ones are going to be the best options going into the season.

Won't have long to wait the fixtures are released tomorrow.

There is conflicting reports regarding Henderson, appears he maybe staying at United and Ramsdale to SU is almost a done deal.

Won't have long to wait the fixtures are released tomorrow.

There is conflicting reports regarding Henderson, appears he maybe staying at United and Ramsdale to SU is almost a done deal.

Just read that! The fixture list will help us decide which teams to target for the first gameweeks. I hope West Ham have decent fixtures, as Soucek is good value for a fourth/fifth midfield spot.
    _____

Interesting:

Full Fixture list, the leaked list was bs. United and City GW1 PP so will in fact be a double GW later on, makes week one team selection a bit of a quandary.

https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures

GW1
    veUOjWy.png

For FPL managers not great fixtures

Edited: Just heard first Wild Card only valid for first 16 games.
    This certainly complicates things. I've put together another draft, replacing City and United players with other players around the same price bracket. Makes for an easy switch later. If possible, I might keep 0.5-1.0 in the bank as well.
    This certainly complicates things. I've put together another draft, replacing City and United players with other players around the same price bracket. Makes for an easy switch later. If possible, I might keep 0.5-1.0 in the bank as well.

Changed my team several times in last ten minutes, I don't know what to do for majority of my team. I can see me hitting a Wildcard GW2. The striker options are causing me issues. There are way too many top quality options in midfield also lol

Edited: How much game time do you think Saka and Nketiah will get?

Changed my team several times in last ten minutes, I don't know what to do for majority of my team. I can see me hitting a Wildcard GW2. The striker options are causing me issues. There are way too many top quality options in midfield also lol

I've gone through a few drafts already too, haha! My plan is to save the wildcard as long as possible (which is easier said than done); the postponed games must be played at some point, and it might be worth targeting those fixtures. That depends if the postponed games are played within gameweek 2-16 or not, of course.

Surprisingly, several of my drafts ends up being 4-4-2, even though I want to play 3-5-1. Maybe it's a sign that 4-4-2 is a formation to consider.

As for Saka and Nketiah, that depends really. We saw Saka play a little less after the restart, and I imagine Arteta will manage his playing time somewhat. If he plays in the Community Shield match, then that might be an indication what Arteta plans for the season. I expect Nketiah to feature more as a sub, but he has qualities that Arteta likes. He will no doubt feature a lot in EL though.

I've gone through a few drafts already too, haha! My plan is to save the wildcard as long as possible (which is easier said than done); the postponed games must be played at some point, and it might be worth targeting those fixtures. That depends if the postponed games are played within gameweek 2-16 or not, of course.

Surprisingly, several of my drafts ends up being 4-4-2, even though I want to play 3-5-1. Maybe it's a sign that 4-4-2 is a formation to consider.

As for Saka and Nketiah, that depends really. We saw Saka play a little less after the restart, and I imagine Arteta will manage his playing time somewhat. If he plays in the Community Shield match, then that might be an indication what Arteta plans for the season. I expect Nketiah to feature more as a sub, but he has qualities that Arteta likes. He will no doubt feature a lot in EL though.

Of course Willian has joined your club, do you think he will be a starter? He is currently in my side, got a 433 formation at moment. I have made a bold move in defence lol

Of course Willian has joined your club, do you think he will be a starter? He is currently in my side, got a 433 formation at moment. I have made a bold move in defence lol

I imagine he will be, given the contract and salary. He will bring a bit of experience to that midfield, as well as being a good option. I still wonder where he will play though.

What bold have you made? No Liverpool?

I imagine he will be, given the contract and salary. He will bring a bit of experience to that midfield, as well as being a good option. I still wonder where he will play though.

Will leave that until after the deadline lol its probably not that a bold move.

Willian plays were Pepe or Auba plays, unless Auba is pushed into a central striker role again?

Willian plays were Pepe or Auba plays, unless Auba is pushed into a central striker role again?

So you've settled on that move too? Interesting! My drafts are pretty "safe" so far. I'm thinking structure as much as player picks. It's far from perfect though; I have triple Southampton at the moment, and that feels like relying too much on one team.

I imagine we might see the team play like that, but that also pushes Lacazette out of the starting eleven – which I'm not entirely sure Arteta will do. Willian might compete with Ceballos, who's Arsenal future is still undecided.

So you've settled on that move too? Interesting! My drafts are pretty "safe" so far. I'm thinking structure as much as player picks. It's far from perfect though; I have triple Southampton at the moment, and that feels like relying too much on one team.

I imagine we might see the team play like that, but that also pushes Lacazette out of the starting eleven – which I'm not entirely sure Arteta will do. Willian might compete with Ceballos, who's Arsenal future is still undecided.

Yeah my secret defence plan is set in stone lol it feels like a no brainer really.

How much does Real Madrid want for Cellabos? So you think Willian will be more central?

Yeah my secret defence plan is set in stone lol it feels like a no brainer really.

How much does Real Madrid want for Cellabos? So you think Willian will be more central?

Wish I was that settled on my defence! I think I'm fairly set on how much I want to spend in defence though, so that narrows down the list of players I'm able to get.

I think it's likely it will be another loan for Ceballos, rather than Arsenal buying him. But there might be an obligation to buy after the loan. Guess we'll know soon. Willian can play both centrally and on the wing, so it's difficult to tell; even Arsenal's analysis article on him didn't conclude. Talksport have these potential formations lined up with Willian included:
    arsenal-3.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100
    arsenal-1.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100
    arsenal-2.png?strip=all&w=480&quality=100

No Saka in these lineups though, and I imagine Arteta will rotate a bit, depending on the fixtures.

Wish I was that settled on my defence! I think I'm fairly set on how much I want to spend in defence though, so that narrows down the list of players I'm able to get.

I think it's likely it will be another loan for Ceballos, rather than Arsenal buying him. But there might be an obligation to buy after the loan. Guess we'll know soon. Willian can play both centrally and on the wing, so it's difficult to tell; even Arsenal's analysis article on him didn't conclude. Talksport have these potential formations lined up with Willian included:

No Saka in these lineups though, and I imagine Arteta will rotate a bit, depending on the fixtures.

I was considering both Saka and Nketiah though so early as one injury and fringe players become starters. Having not much of a pre season makes it difficult to gage what managers will do. Though the Community Shield will help a bit prior to the season starting. I really want a squad of 15 players who are likely to start this time. With a compressed season I think we will have to have good back up. Also a player could drop out at any time if they catch a cold.

I was considering both Saka and Nketiah though so early as one injury and fringe players become starters. Having not much of a pre season makes it difficult to gage what managers will do. Though the Community Shield will help a bit prior to the season starting. I really want a squad of 15 players who are likely to start this time. With a compressed season I think we will have to have good back up. Also a player could drop out at any time if they catch a cold.

Indeed, we have little to work with really, other than the games played after the restart – and even that isn't much to go by. I don't expect many surprises in the Community Shield as far as starting elevens goes, but it's great to have a chance to see how certain players perform.

Yes, I'll be trying to target starting players too – and players that might get minutes as subs for their teams. The issue for me, is that I want to have a 4.5 striker on the bench. I don't think there are any 4.5 strikers that are likely to get many minutes…

Indeed, we have little to work with really, other than the games played after the restart – and even that isn't much to go by. I don't expect many surprises in the Community Shield as far as starting elevens goes, but it's great to have a chance to see how certain players perform.

Yes, I'll be trying to target starting players too – and players that might get minutes as subs for their teams. The issue for me, is that I want to have a 4.5 striker on the bench. I don't think there are any 4.5 strikers that are likely to get many minutes…

One cheap striker may present itself likely a surprise from a promoted team or a loaned player. Also with 5 substitutes continuing, alot more fringe players will be involved.

I am irritated by the very soon internal breaks, that could cause issues.

One cheap striker may present itself likely a surprise from a promoted team or a loaned player. Also with 5 substitutes continuing, alot more fringe players will be involved.

Indeed, and that's sort of what you're counting on, if you play with two strikers. If a third striker in the 4.5-5.0 bracket proves himself an option, then that guy is straight in my team. Right now I have Keinan Davis as my 4.5 striker option.

Given the short break between the seasons, I expect we'll see more surprise benchings, rotations and early subs. Teams expected to be lower down on the table might not rotate as much though (at least that was the impression I got from the games after the restart), so nailing down those cheaper defenders for example, can be key.

Yes, the international breaks – as always – will be a headache. I won't be surprised if an international break forces me to play the wildcard earlier than planned, so I'll definitely target having two fee transfers before the international breaks, so that I might get away with a "mini wildcard" instead.

Indeed, and that's sort of what you're counting on, if you play with two strikers. If a third striker in the 4.5-5.0 bracket proves himself an option, then that guy is straight in my team. Right now I have Keinan Davis as my 4.5 striker option.

Given the short break between the seasons, I expect we'll see more surprise benchings, rotations and early subs. Teams expected to be lower down on the table might not rotate as much though (at least that was the impression I got from the games after the restart), so nailing down those cheaper defenders for example, can be key.

Yes, the international breaks – as always – will be a headache. I won't be surprised if an international break forces me to play the wildcard earlier than planned, so I'll definitely target having two fee transfers before the international breaks, so that I might get away with a "mini wildcard" instead.

I think I am close to my final line up, I am ensuring I have a player I can get rid of if I want to bring in KDB or Bruno. I am even toying with idea of going without Salah later on simply because of value, though that will depend on form. Salah has to go if I want both Bruno and KDB.

Right now I am going with established strikers though I could easily swap Mitrovic and gain 2 million if needed, again it will be down to form.

I have just joined a FPL Discord, never been on Discord before though looks like there is plenty of chat regarding FPL to further feed my FPL addiction :))

I think I am close to my final line up, I am ensuring I have a player I can get rid of if I want to bring in KDB or Bruno. I am even toying with idea of going without Salah later on simply because of value, though that will depend on form. Salah has to go if I want both Bruno and KDB.

Right now I am going with established strikers though I could easily swap Mitrovic and gain 2 million if needed, again it will be down to form.

I have just joined a FPL Discord, never been on Discord before though looks like there is plenty of chat regarding FPL to further feed my FPL addiction :))

Going without Salah is risky at any point of the season, but I can't rule out that possibility either. As for now, my current draft includes both Salah and spots for De Bruyne and Fernandes. I'm still doing a bit of tinkering, but I'm fairly settled on the majority of the team. Might be that I switch a few defenders though.

I have Mitrovic in my current draft. It's a spot I've not yet decided on, but his price allows me to have a decent overall structure elsewhere in the team – so there's a case for having him. Decent fixtures too.

Haven't got as far as joining a FPL Discord myself. I have a user on Fantasy Football Scout though, and that's useful whenever I have a few things to get feedback on. FFScout also have articles covering Eliteserien and Allsvenskan, which is very handy for those playing those Fantasy games as well.

Going without Salah is risky at any point of the season, but I can't rule out that possibility either. As for now, my current draft includes both Salah and spots for De Bruyne and Fernandes. I'm still doing a bit of tinkering, but I'm fairly settled on the majority of the team. Might be that I switch a few defenders though.

I have Mitrovic in my current draft. It's a spot I've not yet decided on, but his price allows me to have a decent overall structure elsewhere in the team – so there's a case for having him. Decent fixtures too.

Haven't got as far as joining a FPL Discord myself. I have a user on Fantasy Football Scout though, and that's useful whenever I have a few things to get feedback on. FFScout also have articles covering Eliteserien and Allsvenskan, which is very handy for those playing those Fantasy games as well.

I have joined Elite FPL Discord they have a large community now, good streams also a lot going on on there channel.