The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Poor Donny Van De Beek...

:(

Had to go out whatt is the extent of his knee injury?

They haven't confirmed exact diagnosis yet but it looked absolutely horrific at the time. I'd be surprised if we saw him again this season.

I've been a big advocate of him and he was playing very well last night up until that point, so I felt incredibly sad watching him hobble down the touchline in tears. The only positive is that he was walking relatively unassisted.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Poor Donny Van De Beek...

:(

Had to go out whatt is the extent of his knee injury?

They haven't confirmed exact diagnosis yet but it looked absolutely horrific at the time. I'd be surprised if we saw him again this season.

I've been a big advocate of him and he was playing very well last night up until that point, so I felt incredibly sad watching him hobble down the touchline in tears. The only positive is that he was walking relatively unassisted.

Donny has had some terrible luck, agree the last few games he was starting to find his way into the team. Hoping for a quick recovery.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    VVD out for several weeks with injury, major blow for Liverpool.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2023 Posts: 2,353

Ha hasn't been playing well except for the goal he scored a few weeks ago.

The efl cup started in GW16. Round of 1048576 this gw.

Still your best defender? I think LFC's defense has struggled more so from lack of protection from midfield, something United suffered from for a few seasons.
    Frank Lampard looks rough prior to the United game he looks far beyond his age, stress of football.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,347
    F.A. Cup United score after 3 minutes looking good. Rashford looking very good, Antony getting a goal is a bonus.
    Wow 1- 1 god knows what happened there. Calamity goal.
    2 -2 proper FA Cup... VAR offside
    Rashford penalty on fire, 3 - 1 United.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 2,353

Still your best defender? I think LFC's defense has struggled more so from lack of protection from midfield, something United suffered from for a few seasons.

VVD is 31 and had the knee injury from pickford so his best days are over you would think.

True (lack of protection from midfield) but klopp doesn't change his formation for some reason. It always seem to be 4-3-3

Managers have worked klopps tactics out. Park the bus and then kick it long and outrun the defenders.

VVD is 31 and had the knee injury from pickford so his best days are over you would think.

True (lack of protection from midfield) but klopp doesn't change his formation for some reason. It always seem to be 4-3-3

Managers have worked klopps tactics out. Park the bus and then kick it long and outrun the defenders.

I would tend to agree. A lot of Liverpool fans have been content to scapegoat Nunez but it's really Klopp's lack of flexibility that has been their undoing.
    I just did something stupid, I sold Foden without checking his fixtures and later realized he has a double GW :)) though he has been getting 1 point consistently in recent weeks, in fact he has had 1 point in six of the last seven games so it may not be a great loss.
    I just did something stupid, I sold Foden without checking his fixtures and later realized he has a double GW :)) though he has been getting 1 point consistently in recent weeks, in fact he has had 1 point in six of the last seven games so it may not be a great loss.

It might work out well for you not having foden v manu ?

Chelsea have completed the signing of Joao Felix on loan . He looks like a top player.
    Wonder if he'll play tomorrow ?

Chelsea have completed the signing of Joao Felix on loan . He looks like a top player.

United were linked with Felix glad we did not get him, he is not prolific and over priced more a number 10/winger than out and out striker. It will be interesting to see how Chelsea use him, I will be surprised if his loan turns into a purchase.

United were linked with Felix glad we did not get him, he is not prolific and over priced more a number 10/winger than out and out striker. It will be interesting to see how Chelsea use him, I will be surprised if his loan turns into a purchase.

Netherlands striker Wout Weghorst is travelling to Manchester United to finalise his loan move from Burnley after ending his Besiktas stay.

Netherlands striker Wout Weghorst is travelling to Manchester United to finalise his loan move from Burnley after ending his Besiktas stay.

Extra body on the bench though his goal record surprised me 1 in 2.
    A lot of catching up to do as I've had some very hectic days. I will write a gameweek winners update tomorrow afternoon/evening!
    I already have 5 players on a Double GW, not sure if its worth taking Hit's to bring in others looking at the fixtures. Only Kane really concerns me.
    Chelsea losing 2 - 1 sounds like they have had everything go against them, Joao Felix sent off on debut lol.
    Chelsea losing 2 - 1 sounds like they have had everything go against them, Joao Felix sent off on debut lol.

Such a poor tackle. Deserved red.
    Straight red that's 3 games out, loan going well. Watching highlights now, silly tackle. Potter looks shell shocked.
    Martial picked up a leg injury he has a Double GW looks like I will be taking a Hit after all.
    I took a -4 at the last minute.
    A -8 for me. Was already prepared for a -4, but Núñez being a doubt forced me into a -8.
    A -8 for me. Was already prepared for a -4, but Núñez being a doubt forced me into a -8.

I have not really reacted to this Double GW, I have seen people take -16 which seems a bit much considering the fixtures.
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 17,281
    A late congratulation goes to Liverpool Richmond, our gameweek 19 winner – scoring 77 points and finishing the gameweek with a gameweek rank of 254 729. Congratulations! =D>

RA4NA9o.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 17,281
    And here are the gameweek 20 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 12
    Rashford: 3
    Eze: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Salah: 1

Haaland is – to no surprise – our most captained player yet again, and with s double gameweek ahead of him and City, many will be hoping he brings out his best against United and Spurs. The only other player captained by more than one manager is Rashford. Good luck everyone!

I have not really reacted to this Double GW, I have seen people take -16 which seems a bit much considering the fixtures.

Yes, the fixtures are not ideal for a double gameweek, that's for sure. I took hits mainly to move money out of defence into midfield and attack – and were it not for injury doubts, I'd only be on a -4. I'm also playing Triple Captain on Haaland, which is mainly because I found it difficult to find another gameweek to play it.

Haaland is – to no surprise – our most captained player yet again, and with s double gameweek ahead of him and City, many will be hoping he brings out his best against United and Spurs. The only other player captained by more than one manager is Rashford. Good luck everyone!

Been a bit slack with my team, still got the vice captaincy on Martinelli :)) I should have put it on Rashford.

Been a bit slack with my team, still got the vice captaincy on Martinelli :)) I should have put it on Rashford.

Fingers crossed Martinelli has a great gameweek, haha!