The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Shocking just as I thought United were doing OK. Liverpool lead
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Salah assist Diaz goal
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,351
    Liverpool 2 - 0 up I will take this on the chin it's the end of a crap era.
    We literally have no midfield
    And no striker.
    This is a bloody nightmare to watch.
    Shocking I am in pain. Roll on next season
    Didn't catch the game, but from what I've read, Liverpool dominated the game. I do regret not captaining Salah…

Like you @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I'm really just want next season to start. Both United and Arsenal have a big summer ahead of them, and I wonder how the squads will look like when the PL kicks off again.
    Didn't catch the game, but from what I've read, Liverpool dominated the game. I do regret not captaining Salah…

Like you @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I'm really just want next season to start. Both United and Arsenal have a big summer ahead of them, and I wonder how the squads will look like when the PL kicks off again.

Arteta has already got rid of some dead wood so slightly ahead of United. There are so many players at United that are done, Ten Hag needs to sort our recruitment out big time.

Arteta has already got rid of some dead wood so slightly ahead of United. There are so many players at United that are done, Ten Hag needs to sort our recruitment out big time.

Is Ten Hag finally confirmed for United? Expect it's only a matter of details if he isn't already.

I expect United might fetch some decent transfer fees for their deadwood. Several players might do well in other clubs – Martial at Sevilla for example. Not so sure about the players Arsenal might move on.

Very surprising result tonight. The changes Arteta made from the last game certainly worked out against Chelsea. Not at all carried away by this result though. Six "cup finals ahead.
    Great result for Arsenal they play Spurs soon that will be a top four decider?

Ten Hag is a done deal, looks like we are having a clear out, Rangnick has said we need ten players 😂 We should have a fire sale IMO. It appears Ten Hag will get some good money to spend.

These are players that are or should go...
    Pogba
    Matic
    Mata
    Lingard
    Baily
    AWB
    Maguire
    Cavani
    Rashford
    Greenwood
    Jones

We have some good youth players coming through, Ten Hag is well known for developing young players.

Great result for Arsenal they play Spurs soon that will be a top four decider?

Ten Hag is a done deal, looks like we are having a clear out, Rangnick has said we need ten players 😂 We should have a fire sale IMO. It appears Ten Hag will get some good money to spend.

These are players that are or should go...
    Pogba
    Matic
    Mata
    Lingard
    Baily
    AWB
    Maguire
    Cavani
    Rashford
    Greenwood
    Jones

We have some good youth players coming through, Ten Hag is well known for developing young players.

That game against Sp*rs could very well be a top four decider, but the games against United and West Ham will probably be just as important, as Sp*rs have two easy games coming up before playing Liverpool. Sp*rs also have form, which is an important factor.

Expect Ten Hag will be a very good and sensible signing for United. A rebuild takes time of course, but he will have the funds and backing to do so. Won't be surprised to see any of those names you mention at other clubs by next season. Rashford has been rumoured as a possible transfer to Arsenal, but it's probably more likely that Arsenal will look abroad to find their next striker.
    Ragnick has told the board it could take six years. Reality we are where Liverpool were when Klopp took over.

My Captain got 18 points in the end, it coukd have been worse. On reflection me sleeping on this GW was not wise at all.
    Ragnick has told the board it could take six years. Reality we are where Liverpool were when Klopp took over.

My Captain got 18 points in the end, it coukd have been worse. On reflection me sleeping on this GW was not wise at all.

That looks like a realistic take on the situation by Rangnick. Liverpool and City are that far ahead of any other teams in the league, with the exception of Chelsea. Same could be said of Arsenal too, but I don't trust them to get where United potentially might get in a similar timeframe.

I really regret my Wood punt in hindsight. Could have just kept Lacazette and put the armband on Schär like you did instead. Or Salah.

Things are moving ahead for United. Could be some interesting years ahead for the fans!
    I took a hit and had to sacrifice a Spurs player, oh I took two hits lol The moves hopefully will pay off over the next three weeks.
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 17,281
    Gameweek 33 is over, and it's a quick turnaround as next gameweek is already tomorrow! But let's have a look at the gameweek that just finished: Gameweek 33 had an average gameweek score of 61, making this one of the season's more higher scoring round of fixtures. That was to be expected, with a double gameweek for several teams. Our league saw plenty of good scores too, but none better than Incredible XI's 84 points. Congratulations! =D>

LCECEGu.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �
    GW 32: FC Nostromo
    GW 33: Incredible XI

Remember the gameweek 34 deadline tomorrow at 11.00 UK time!

I took a hit and had to sacrifice a Spurs player, oh I took two hits lol The moves hopefully will pay off over the next three weeks.

Not ruling out a hit myself either. I have one transfer lined up for tomorrow, but I will probably not make any moves until closer to the deadline since there's little chance of any price changes affecting my plans. A potential second transfer will be to strengthen the team for the upcoming doubles.
    Congratulations Incredible XI

---
    Just took another Hit so that's a -12. the Season is almost over and my rank is not going to change much so I may as well have fun and take risks.

---
    Just took another Hit so that's a -12. the Season is almost over and my rank is not going to change much so I may as well have fun and take risks.

Someone made the point on Twitter about taking risks and chasing the potential upside in the few gameweeks we have left. I can't remember who wrote it. Anyway, the point was along the lines of: if you're chasing, there's no point to wait trying to catch those big hauls. I really don't like taking hits myself, but I've seen my season slowly going against plan. To make up for that, I'll likely take a few gambles and hits too.

---

Someone made the point on Twitter about taking risks and chasing the potential upside in the few gameweeks we have left. I can't remember who wrote it. Anyway, the point was along the lines of: if you're chasing, there's no point to wait trying to catch those big hauls. I really don't like taking hits myself, but I've seen my season slowly going against plan. To make up for that, I'll likely take a few gambles and hits too.

I am still around 400 000 rank so I may as well go for it, despite two tough games I have got in Ronaldo more so because I am a United fan and want him in my team, plus he is the only inform United player.

---

I am still around 400 000 rank so I may as well go for it, despite two tough games I have got in Ronaldo more so because I am a United fan and want him in my team, plus he is the only inform United player.

Ronaldo back could be a massive upside for United against Arsenal, who are ropey in defence right now – and that could pay off in FPL too. I briefly considered Ronaldo now before making my transfers, but ended up chasing the upside of two games with Werner instead. On top of that, I brought in Havertz and Cancelo for a -8, in a restructure of the team. Out goes Kulusevski, Kane (!) and Digne.
    Here are the gameweek 34 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 10
    Ronaldo: 3
    Son: 3
    Mount: 2
    Fernandes: 2
    Kane: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Gordon: 1
    Antonio: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Havertz: 1

Salah is the clear favourite among managers in our league this gameweek, with a favourable fixture against Everton. Ronaldo and Son are also popular options, playing Arsenal and Brentford respectively. Good luck everyone!
    Only real positives I can take from today were Ronaldo (C) scoring and selling Son and Kane did not backfire. Hopefully the three Chelsea players I brought in can deliver with there two games and Ronny scoring again.
    Only real positives I can take from today were Ronaldo (C) scoring and selling Son and Kane did not backfire. Hopefully the three Chelsea players I brought in can deliver with there two games and Ronny scoring again.

Ronaldo scoring yesterday was bound to happen (which in hindsight makes me wonder why I only briefly considered bringing him in). Really happy and surprised by the result though; if Fernandes had scored that penalty, I expect the game to have turned out quite differently.

Not a good start to the gameweek for me, with two points from Maddison, one single point from Cancelo, and both Schär and Wood blanking. Saka carrying my team so far, but he's so highly owned that it doesn't really make much difference.
    My season in a microcosm, I sell Ward Prowse this week for Mount and Ward Prowse goes and hauls after doing nothing for weeks. I give up. I even considered brining in Jesus yesterday. If I had them two players Boom! major rank climb.

It was a bit better from United yesterday though there are major issues in the dressing room that have destroyed our season. Rangnicks report should be interesting. Ragnick and Ten Hag will sort things out I have faith.
    My season in a microcosm, I sell Ward Prowse this week for Mount and Ward Prowse goes and hauls after doing nothing for weeks. I give up. I even considered brining in Jesus yesterday. If I had them two players Boom! major rank climb.

It was a bit better from United yesterday though there are major issues in the dressing room that have destroyed our season. Rangnicks report should be interesting. Ragnick and Ten Hag will sort things out I have faith.

I know the feeling!
    My 50/50 decisions have been going wrong for a long time now. I still have an opportunity for a top 100k finish, even though I've had more red arrows than green ones this season. Not spending too much time on each and every decision might be a place to start.

I'm curious about how the relationship between Rangnick and Ten Hag will be next season. How much impact will Rangnick's role have on transfers for example?
    Rangnick was always going upstairs this morning it was confirmed he is staying, Eriksson and De Jong are legitimate targets for United which is encouraging.

Ragnick will be a consultant and apparently Paul Mitchell is coming in, finally United are sorting this mess out.

Lots of speculation on who the trouble makers are in the dressing room, apparently there are false names being banded about. It's like a whodunit, all I have to go on is the culprits are not being picked 🤔
    It certainly looks like United are taking very specific steps. It's obvious to question why this hasn't happened sooner, of course.

Troublemakers in the dressing room in always a complicated affair. Not just finding out who they are, which might or might not be difficult in itself, but then there's sorting out the issues. Arsenal have struggled with this as well, and it's only now with Arteta's focus on non-negotiables and culture the club seem to be moving in the right direction. You can tell by the way the players interact with each other.
    Havertz assist and Ronaldo (C) goal saving my GW. Come on United, for pride.
    It certainly looks like United are taking very specific steps. It's obvious to question why this hasn't happened sooner, of course.

Troublemakers in the dressing room in always a complicated affair. Not just finding out who they are, which might or might not be difficult in itself, but then there's sorting out the issues. Arsenal have struggled with this as well, and it's only now with Arteta's focus on non-negotiables and culture the club seem to be moving in the right direction. You can tell by the way the players interact with each other.

I coukd easily see ten players leave in the summer, need hungry players and United need to stop buying players past there best (excluding Ronaldo).