The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited January 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Watkins has scored and I benched him, I quit :))

You and me both!
    Shocking performance by United, forget winning the league.

Having Cancelo as vice captain really hurts right now…

I need to sell Rashford, though already used my free transfer.
    Arsenal will beat us at the weekend.

I would hold until after the Arsenal game personally. I think United will get a massive win against them. 0-3 is my guess.

Ole failings showed last night, Ole rely's on individuals to win him games not a collective effort. I expect an Arsenal win plus you are a bit of a bogey side for United in recent games.

Yes, I seem to remember individuals delivering the points for Ole at Molde too, where he had Wolff Eikrem among others. Still though, this Arsenal team is far from where they should be. They might be pulling slightly in the right direction, but Tierney is still a doubt isn't he, Aubameyang might not feature, which leaves Saka and Smith Rowe to carry the team (again). At least they seem capable of combining with Lacazette – but is that enough? I don't think so.
    We have another deadline tomorrow, but first we have to congratulate our gameweek 20 winner, Para bailar Lallana! – congratulations! =D>

zlrbGF6.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    League table standings:

1. Liverpool Richmond: GW 57 - TOT 1192
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 63 - TOT 1183
    3. Team Extreme: GW 47 - TOT 1175
    4. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 32 - TOT 1162
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 57 - TOT 1139
    6. MEJICO POWA: GW 43 - TOT 1119
    7- Cremonese-killen: GW 44 - TOT 1109
    8. Honesty FC: GW 44 - TOT 1077
    9. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 62 - TOT 1047
    10. False 9 FC: GW 34 - TOT 1040
    11. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 33 - TOT 1035
    12. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 41 - TOT 1027
    13. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 39 - TOT 1014
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 40 - TOT 990
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 43 - TOT 964
    16. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 64 - TOT 932
    17. Anfield FC: GW 42 - TOT 889
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 34 - TOT 841
    ________

Remember the 11:00 UK time deadline tomorrow!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations Para bailar Lallana!
    ---
    No hits for me this week will just go with the one transfers which was Harrison to Gudegan.
    ---
    No hits for me this week will just go with the one transfers which was Harrison to Gudegan.

That's a good transfer to make!

I'm still undecided what to do, though I have a few transfers I'm considering, which may or may not involve a -4.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    ---

I'm still undecided what to do, though I have a few transfers I'm considering, which may or may not involve a -4.

Me too. Harry Kane might be out for a while so i have to sell him this week and might get 2 players in.

Ødegaard in for arsenal will be interesting. He's highly rated by some pundits.
    ---

Me too. Harry Kane might be out for a while so i have to sell him this week and might get 2 players in.

Yes, I think many counted on Kane as a captaincy option this gameweek. But with him missing games, it's smart to use the cash from selling him to do upgrades elsewhere.

Interesting yes, but I got a bad feeling about this loan move. He's creative for sure, but I really don't know if the PL will suit him. The term "Can he do it on a rainy night in Stoke" comes to mind.
    ---

Yes, I think many counted on Kane as a captaincy option this gameweek. But with him missing games, it's smart to use the cash from selling him to do upgrades elsewhere.

Interesting yes, but I got a bad feeling about this loan move. He's creative for sure, but I really don't know if the PL will suit him. The term "Can he do it on a rainy night in Stoke" comes to mind.

I haven't seen Ødegaard play. How do you rate him ?
    ---

I haven't seen Ødegaard play. How do you rate him ?

He's very good, much more a technical player than what you saw of Norwegian players 10-20 years ago. But he's not the most physical guy, and that's where I worry. Throw him into a Burnley like game, and I think he'll struggle.
    Here are the gameweek 21 captaincy picks!
    Son: 2
    Grealish: 2
    Calvert-Lewin: 2
    Ings: 2
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Kane: 1
    Mané: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Watkins: 1
    Salah: 1
    Cancelo: 1
    Gündogan: 1

It's a gameweek where several players are capable of getting good scores, and that shows in our captaincy picks too. I don't think we've had 14 different captains at play before, and it will be really interesting to see who comes out of the gameweek with the biggest captaincy haul!

Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I actually made a couple of good decisions , I benched Lascelles went off with injury and zero points. Also I started Wilson despite Newcastle last few games and looks like he has scored the winner and hopefully some bonus points.
    Wilson gets his second get in.
    I actually made a couple of good decisions , I benched Lascelles went off with injury and zero points. Also I started Wilson despite Newcastle last few games and looks like he has scored the winner and hopefully some bonus points.

Great start for you, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Somehow ended up captaining Cancelo, who's now benched and bound to get a cameo appearance. Can almost write off this gameweek already…

Somehow ended up captaining Cancelo, who's now benched and bound to get a cameo appearance. Can almost write off this gameweek already…

Pep roulette is such a problem, after Cancelo last performance most other managers would have started him. I changed my Captain from Gudegan to Salah in case he was benched.

Wilson gets second goal, close to getting a Hatrick as hit post also.

Pep roulette is such a problem, after Cancelo last performance most other managers would have started him. I changed my Captain from Gudegan to Salah in case he was benched.

I think Gündogan might change position with Sterling and Cancelo benched? If so, Salah will be a better captaincy option on paper.

The reasoning for benching Cancelo was due to his attacking ability as well as the chance of a clean sheet. Now it will be at best 1 points.

Wilson on the bench for me again.
    Bologna 0 1 Milan 38 mins,who cares right ? :)>-

It's problematic having playing cheap strikers, I have Bamford, Wilson and Watkins. I benched Bamford this time and got lucky. Though watch Bamford do something against Leicester

I think Gündogan might change position with Sterling and Cancelo benched? If so, Salah will be a better captaincy option on paper.

The reasoning for benching Cancelo was due to his attacking ability as well as the chance of a clean sheet. Now it will be at best 1 points.

I am hoping for Man City 0 - 0 Sheffield United. Good for FPL and Man United reasons lol SHU will get battered though lol
    I already regret getting Sais back in two weeks not featured and not even in the match day squad, not good at his value though he did have small resurgence god knows what's happened. Going to sell him

It's problematic having playing cheap strikers, I have Bamford, Wilson and Watkins. I benched Bamford this time and got lucky. Though watch Bamford do something against Leicester

Indeed! I'm thinking of switching to a two-man striker solution to avoid having to deal with this.

I am hoping for Man City 0 - 0 Sheffield United. Good for FPL and Man United reasons lol SHU will get battered though lol

As I got one defender in this game, I hope City will keep a clean sheet at least. Other than that, I don't know what to hope for in this game, with Cancelo on the bench likely to come on anyway.
    I already regret getting Sais back in two weeks not featured and not even in the match day squad, not good at his value though he did have small resurgence god knows what's happened. Going to sell him

Wolves aren't in the best form either, so it's worth looking elsewhere.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,105

Indeed! I'm thinking of switching to a two-man striker solution to avoid having to deal with this.

As I got one defender in this game, I hope City will keep a clean sheet at least. Other than that, I don't know what to hope for in this game, with Cancelo on the bench likely to come on anyway.

Already swapped him for Justin from Leicester. Next week's fixtures look more promising for me though that counts for little lol results often don't go the way you expect. I was worried not having DCL yesterday and was at one point trying to do a Wilson to DCL though was just short did not have enough in the bank. Though that worked out well in the end, pure luck. If I had not done the Gudegan move I would have got DCL in for Wilson.

Already swapped him for Justin from Leicester. Next week's fixtures look more promising for me though that counts for little lol results often don't go the way you expect. I was worried not having DCL yesterday and was at one point trying to do a Wilson to DCL though was just short did not have enough in the bank. Though that worked out well in the end, pure luck. If I had not done the Gudegan move I would have got DCL in for Wilson.

Sometimes not being able to make a transfer works out fine!

I've been unable to transfer out Calvert-Lewin for such a long time, and I was a bit surprised to see "everyone" bringing in him and other Everton assets. I'm trying to transfer him out instead.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,105

I've been unable to transfer out Calvert-Lewin for such a long time, and I was a bit surprised to see "everyone" bringing in him and other Everton assets. I'm trying to transfer him out instead.

I noticed a few of the streamers saying is it time to get Everton players in, they must have a good run of fixtures though there form has dropped off quite a bit. Also I think teams are suffering because of the constant fixtures, another reason why City and Pep roulette will win the league, City's second string of players is simply better than any other teams.

I noticed a few of the streamers saying is it time to get Everton players in, they must have a good run of fixtures though there form has dropped off quite a bit. Also I think teams are suffering because of the constant fixtures, another reason why City and Pep roulette will win the league, City's second string of players is simply better than any other teams.

Exactly. I was tempted to make a move for Digne, but decided against it. Everton will be a wait and see for me.

The City squad is so good, that they can get results no matter who they play. That leads to benchings of course, but you know these players are good for points, and it's difficult to be without them.

Exactly. I was tempted to make a move for Digne, but decided against it. Everton will be a wait and see for me.

The City squad is so good, that they can get results no matter who they play. That leads to benchings of course, but you know these players are good for points, and it's difficult to be without them.

I have been lucky with Ederson and Dias they appear to be constant starters fit City... Until the next game lol

I have been lucky with Ederson and Dias they appear to be constant starters fit City... Until the next game lol

There's safety in picking Ederson. He might not feature much in the bonus points, but any clean sheet is points won. I might consider getting him in on the wildcard.

There's safety in picking Ederson. He might not feature much in the bonus points, but any clean sheet is points won. I might consider getting him in on the wildcard.

When I had Ederson and De Gea I went with the more expensive keeper, City really do have a superb defence right now, teams just can't score against them.
    Grealish with an assist, points machine United should sign him. Need Watkins to repay my faith

When I had Ederson and De Gea I went with the more expensive keeper, City really do have a superb defence right now, teams just can't score against them.

Yes, City is the team to target for clean sheets right now. Liverpool and Sp*rs coming up though, so that defensive double-up might not be the best long term option.
    Grealish with an assist, points machine United should sign him. Need Watkins to repay my faith

Martínez clean sheet gave me some much needed points, though I was hoping for Watkins to get something from this game. Oh well, the fixtures aren't that bad going forward though, I guess.

Yes, City is the team to target for clean sheets right now. Liverpool and Sp*rs coming up though, so that defensive double-up might not be the best long term option.

Martínez clean sheet gave me some much needed points, though I was hoping for Watkins to get something from this game. Oh well, the fixtures aren't that bad going forward though, I guess.

Pep will probably bench Ederson one week ?

Martínez makes some greats saves often. He's one of the best in the league imo.

Pep will probably bench Ederson one week ?

Martínez makes some greats saves often. He's one of the best in the league imo.

I'm trying to remember if Ederson was actually benched at all last season. Couldn't have been many games if so!

Martínez is one of the best at the moment, and the discussions among Arsenal fan is if they let their best goalkeeper go. That being said though, Leno hasn't been bad or anything, it's just in certain areas of the game you'd trust Martínez more.