The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just finished work, surprised by the Palace result and kicking myself as I was considering Willian though was not sure he would be a regular starter. The FPL rollercoaster resumes. This is my GW1 team...

YJvKiM5.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,327
    Captain Salah gooooal get in

Leeds score then VVD saved me 2 - 1

2 - 2 Bamford :( (for FPL reasons)

Salah with second get in 3 - 2
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,279

I think I will have a couple Leeds player in my team pretty, pretty, soon… Good team you have, by the way!

I think I will have a couple Leeds player in my team pretty, pretty, soon… Good team you have, by the way!

Cheers went with VVD as 0.5 million cheaper than Robertson and got only a few points less last season. Though Liverpool defending is not great.

Leeds I had a few players in my drafts though this fixture put me off :))

Cheers went with VVD as 0.5 million cheaper than Robertson and got only a few points less last season. Though Liverpool defending is not great.

This is one of those games I found difficult to predict, so I went with only TAA and Salah (until after Chelsea at least).

Have Ayling on my bench, with the plan to use him in the better fixtures. I was tempted by Bamford because of the price, but went with a 3-5-2 instead. I regret that now, with Mitchell securing a clean sheet…

This is one of those games I found difficult to predict, so I went with only TAA and Salah (until after Chelsea at least).

Have Ayling on my bench, with the plan to use him in the better fixtures. I was tempted by Bamford because of the price, but went with a 3-5-2 instead. I regret that now, with Mitchell securing a clean sheet…

I knew Salah would turn up despite so many doubters, salah has always been my captain for GW1, hoping for 3 or 4 from him today lol Salah currently on 3 bonus.

I had Mitchel at one point as a cheap option though did not expect anything from Place today.

I knew Salah would turn up despite so many doubters, salah has always been my captain for GW1, hoping for 3 or 4 from him today lol Salah currently on 3 bonus.

I had Mitchel at one point as a cheap option though did not expect anything from Place today.

I think we were lucky that we had two great captaincy options today with Salah and Aubameyang, given that United and City doesn't play. The only reason I went with Salah over Aubameyang for the armband was simple: I hate captaining someone in the early kickoff!

I didn't either, but stuck him first on the bench. If I had played him though, I would have switched things around a bit, maybe even getting Martial, benching him until gameweek 2.

I think we were lucky that we had two great captaincy options today with Salah and Aubameyang, given that United and City doesn't play. The only reason I went with Salah over Aubameyang for the armband was simple: I hate captaining someone in the early kickoff!

I didn't either, but stuck him first on the bench. If I had played him though, I would have switched things around a bit, maybe even getting Martial, benching him until gameweek 2.

Salah at home always a good chance of a goal so I am often afraid not to captain him lol

Salah at home always a good chance of a goal so I am often afraid not to captain him lol

Same here! I think I read somewhere that his home stats massively outperforms his away stats?

Same here! I think I read somewhere that his home stats massively outperforms his away stats?

I read the same last season, if I recall Mane is better away, Firmino is definitely better away lol
    Salah currently on 30 points :D

---

3 - 3
    Liverpool penalty?

Salah gooooooalllll! on 40 points get iiiiiinnnnn!
    Man, this is quite the game. Welcome back, Leeds!

On course to get a similar score to last seasons GW1 I Captained Salah that day also.

Leeds have Fulham next though which Leeds players to get?

Currently on 52 points six players to go

On course to get a similar score to last seasons GW1 I Captained Salah that day also.

Can't remember who I captained in gameweek 1 last season, but I think it was Salah for me as well.

Leeds have several interesting attacking assets, so I'm not sure! I have Ayling in my team (on the bench this gameweek), but I won't expect a lot of clean sheets.

46 here, with six players to go. Mitchell first sub is irritating, but should someone miss out, I'll get those points.

Can't remember who I captained in gameweek 1 last season, but I think it was Salah for me as well.

Leeds have several interesting attacking assets, so I'm not sure! I have Ayling in my team (on the bench this gameweek), but I won't expect a lot of clean sheets.

46 here, with six players to go. Mitchell first sub is irritating, but should someone miss out, I'll get those points.

My gamble on Wilson just paid off, scored for Newcastle 1 - 0, just need Antonio to deliver now lol

I had Dallas and Ayling in one draft, unfortunately I need to get a United asset in next GW, though I will hit my Wildcard soon so will keep an eye on Leeds assets.

My gamble on Wilson just paid off, scored for Newcastle 1 - 0, just need Antonio to deliver now lol

I had Dallas and Ayling in one draft, unfortunately I need to get a United asset in next GW, though I will hit my Wildcard soon so will keep an eye on Leeds assets.

I really wanted to take a punt on Wilson, but no matter how I switched funds around, I couldn't fit him in…

I need to make a decision quickly on which United asset I want for next gameweek. Was it today they were playing that training match?

I really wanted to take a punt on Wilson, but no matter how I switched funds around, I couldn't fit him in…

I need to make a decision quickly on which United asset I want for next gameweek. Was it today they were playing that training match?

Yeah game is on MUTV in 7 minutes, I dont know the result yet.

Antonio wont last long in my side with West Hams fixtures, Bruno is the player I will likely go for and Greenwood, though if Sancho comes in Greenwood wont be as an attractive asset though he does have a good price still.

I may get Martial for next week, Rashford not going near for now.
    United Line Up vs Villa...
    Henderson
    Dalot Fosu Mensah Maguire Shaw
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Rashford (as a number 10????)
    Lingard Igalo James

Weakened team to say the least, must be due to International games, will be interesting to see how Henderson and Van De Beek do.

Antonio wont last long in my side with West Hams fixtures, Bruno is the player I will likely go for and Greenwood, though if Sancho comes in Greenwood wont be as an attractive asset though he does have a good price still.

They played the match earlier today, right?

Martial is very much in my thinking, as that sets my team nicely for next gameweek. But I need to get him before he goes up in price (which I expect he will…).
    Henderson
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Lingard Igalo James

Weakened team to say the least, must be due to International games, will be interesting to see how Henderson and Van De Beek do.

Is Martial in the squad?

Martial is very much in my thinking, as that sets my team nicely for next gameweek. But I need to get him before he goes up in price (which I expect he will…).
    Henderson
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Lingard Igalo James

Is Martial in the squad?

Not sure who is on the bench left room so must have missed the graphic, Mctominay and Van De Beek look good, Maguire positioning not great and we conceded despite dominating play.

Watkins for Villa is a potential asset at a good price, though Villa's fixtures are awful early on.

Henderson
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Lingard Igalo James

Is Martial in the squad?

Not sure who is on the bench left room so must have missed the graphic, Mctominay and Van De Beek look good, Maguire positioning not great and we conceded despite dominating play.

Watkins for Villa is a potential asset at a good price, though Villa's fixtures are awful early on.

Thanks! Donny van de Beek is really interesting at that price. My team desperately needs a 7.0 option: in so many of the drafts I made, I ended up having 7.0-7.5 for that fourth midfield spot, and no options I was really tempted by.

The 6.0 bracket of strikers looks difficult, IMO. You have Adams, Mitrovic, Bamford at 0.5 less, Wilson at 0.5 more, Antonio, Batshuayi; you name it. But I don't think we can expect them to deliver regularly, which makes a case for pushing funds further back on the pitch.

If anything, the games played today has made me even more uncertain what to do! I expect I will play the wildcard pretty early this season.

Henderson
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Lingard Igalo James

Is Martial in the squad?

Thanks! Donny van de Beek is really interesting at that price. My team desperately needs a 7.0 option: in so many of the drafts I made, I ended up having 7.0-7.5 for that fourth midfield spot, and no options I was really tempted by.

The 6.0 bracket of strikers looks difficult, IMO. You have Adams, Mitrovic, Bamford at 0.5 less, Wilson at 0.5 more, Antonio, Batshuayi; you name it. But I don't think we can expect them to deliver regularly, which makes a case for pushing funds further back on the pitch.

If anything, the games played today has made me even more uncertain what to do! I expect I will play the wildcard pretty early this season.

Next weeks fixtures are mixed for my team, I have four players from Chelsea v Liverpool though I could see goals in that one from both sides so it may not b that bad. It will either be Son or Pulisic that will likely make way for Bruno though if Sancho does not sign Greenwood is a cert for me. The 6 Million bracket strikers can be rotated I have a few million in the bank which makes its easy for me to swap them at moment.

Henderson
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Lingard Igalo James

Is Martial in the squad?

Next weeks fixtures are mixed for my team, I have four players from Chelsea v Liverpool though I could see goals in that one from both sides so it may not b that bad. It will either be Son or Pulisic that will likely make way for Bruno though if Sancho does not sign Greenwood is a cert for me. The 6 Million bracket strikers can be rotated I have a few million in the bank which makes its easy for me to swap them at moment.

Watching Liverpool tonight, I'm not that worried having four players in that fixture; there will be chances in both ends. Also, I can't wait to see Werner and Havertz. I think Chelsea has really got themselves two of the most sought after players in Europe now. As for United assets, I'm in two minds as to what to do. I will most likely have one of them by next gameweek, but beyond that it's more difficult. I just need to be flexible, I think – maybe even moving on Salah for a period.

Rotating strikers has been something I've looked at, as well. It's difficult to be certain only one day into gameweek 1, but I think I will look towards having a somewhat settled front two (or three, if needed), then rotate heavily in midfield. I have a feeling the midfield will be key to where we will get points this season.

Henderson
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Lingard Igalo James

Is Martial in the squad?

Watching Liverpool tonight, I'm not that worried having four players in that fixture; there will be chances in both ends. Also, I can't wait to see Werner and Havertz. I think Chelsea has really got themselves two of the most sought after players in Europe now. As for United assets, I'm in two minds as to what to do. I will most likely have one of them by next gameweek, but beyond that it's more difficult. I just need to be flexible, I think – maybe even moving on Salah for a period.

Rotating strikers has been something I've looked at, as well. It's difficult to be certain only one day into gameweek 1, but I think I will look towards having a somewhat settled front two (or three, if needed), then rotate heavily in midfield. I have a feeling the midfield will be key to where we will get points this season.

Watching highlights from yesterdays games now before I go to work se if anyone passes the eye test lol Dallas and Klich I am thinking about as well as Ayling. Notably yesterday Leeds had a makeshift CB pairing due to injury's. Liverpool's defence will improve we can not judge this season like any other most teams will have dreadful games early on with practically zero pre season.

I wont panic into moves though I am concerned price rises will hinder our teams more than ever and like I mentioned before I need to lock players now. Irrespective of my team I don't want the wildcard hanging over me like Damocles Sword for too long so will use it very soon. lol

Regarding Salah my fear letting him go is you may never get him back with price rises.

Arsenal looked decent though Fulham look like they will ship goals for fun against good attack's.

Henderson
    Mctominay Van De Beek
    Lingard Igalo James

Is Martial in the squad?

Watching highlights from yesterdays games now before I go to work se if anyone passes the eye test lol Dallas and Klich I am thinking about as well as Ayling. Notably yesterday Leeds had a makeshift CB pairing due to injury's. Liverpool's defence will improve we can not judge this season like any other most teams will have dreadful games early on with practically zero pre season.

I wont panic into moves though I am concerned price rises will hinder our teams more than ever and like I mentioned before I need to lock players now. Irrespective of my team I don't want the wildcard hanging over me like Damocles Sword for too long so will use it very soon. lol

Regarding Salah my fear letting him go is you may never get him back with price rises.

Arsenal looked decent though Fulham look like they will ship goals for fun against good attack's.

The Leeds mids all looked good, I think. At the price, you could fit more of them into your team. Liverpool definitely benefited from the makeshift CB pairing, but against easier opposition I think that pairing can do well. In general, I think Leeds looked great. They could have won the game. The Liverpool defence double-up will pay off over the season, no doubt. Personally though, I want to get that Chelsea game out of the way before considering it.

From what I've seen, FPL managers are in disagreement as to how you should approach the transfers etc. There's no right or wrong, but some managers are likely to stick to plan, playing it safe, while other managers look more likely to make transfers as they see fit – taking hits and/or playing the wildcard early if needed. One manager I've been keeping an eye on (who's often on streams), plays very aggressively. He finished 20-40-something overall last season, and his reasoning behind playing that way is interesting.

I will make a transfer early for next gameweek, that's for sure. It's not something I want to do, but my structure relies on getting a transfer done in time. I will use the wildcard early too; most likely either gameweek 3 or 4, depending on results and performances. I had a Facebook chat going earlier today with a guy I'm in a money league with, and he's playing the wildcard now. He let me have a look at his first wildcard draft, and that looks really good for the upcoming games. We have very little to go on with so few fixtures played, but the way he's set up that draft is smart: He has all the players you might want from gameweek 2 onwards, and the structure is flexible enough that he can easily switch things around should that tactic fail. If anything, it's made me tempted to wildcard this early too, haha!

Re. Salah, that's the big downside of getting rid. However, there's a risk we can get too concerned about prices, when there are other factors that matter just as much. I will try and be more flexible as far as prices go this season – as long as I have a plan to get any player back.

Arsenal looked better than I expected them too, and Fulham worse. Can't take much from that game, but Gabriel looked solid. He's only been playing with the team a week – or maybe even less – and he had some incredible stats to add to his performance. No reason to consider Arsenal players with the upcoming run of fixtures though.
    Vinagre on the bench for Wolves. One point cameo incoming…
    Dam Pulisic not even in squad, 67 (Bednerak first sub Lascelles second sub Gr) points all out got some decisions very wrong Gr.

Seriously thinking of hitting Wildcard
    Dam Pulisic not even in squad, 67 (Bednerak first sub Lascelles second sub Gr) points all out got some decisions very wrong Gr.

Had a feeling Pulisic wouldn't start – but not feature at all, that's surprising! That's part of my reasoning going with Havertz, who would feature, no matter what.

I'm getting Mitchell on for Vinagre, so that saves my gameweek a bit. Will try and stick to the plan, but if anything happens that makes me think otherwise before the deadline, I'll be wildcarding. Prefer to get gameweek 2 out of the way first though.

Had a feeling Pulisic wouldn't start – but not feature at all, that's surprising! That's part of my reasoning going with Havertz, who would feature, no matter what.

I'm getting Mitchell on for Vinagre, so that saves my gameweek a bit. Will try and stick to the plan, but if anything happens that makes me think otherwise before the deadline, I'll be wildcarding. Prefer to get gameweek 2 out of the way first though.

Backing Spurs, SU and Southampton totally back fired, Spurs look like they are heading for melt down so may jump off Son immediately.