The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Brighton have scored so Dier would not have had a clean sheet so lessens the blow.

Come on Brighton!!

Yeah Jose's Spurs are more reliant on Kane than previous managers.
    Brighton have scored so Dier would not have had a clean sheet so lessens the blow.

Come on Brighton!!

Yeah Jose's Spurs are more reliant on Kane than previous managers.

Indeed, though I wouldn't be surprised if Son keeps up his scoring even so.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,105
    Think I will stick with team and take no hits and pray I have three defenders.
    Think I will stick with team and take no hits and pray I have three defenders.

You might have four playing defenders now that Dier and Saïss have missed a game. Only Lascelles is a worry IMO, but he might not be a priority transfer anyway. Saïss is a bit expensive, so he might be a player to downgrade or move on to a player around the same price. I'd just keep an eye on team news and then decide what to do.

I have Chilwell to worry about myself, and Robertson is way too expensive for what he delivers. It's tempting to downgrade them both, but I don't know if this is the gameweek to do it.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 17,241
    In gameweek where many of the most popular players failed to deliver, it also affected our league average as well. Even so, there were some teams with very good scores. Best of all of us was Team Extreme, with 78 points and a gameweek rank of 324 252 – congratulations! =D>

gYWOZBX.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 75 - TOT 1258
    2. Team Extreme: GW 78 - TOT 1253
    3. Liverpool Richmond: GW 45 - TOT 1233
    4. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 65 - TOT 1227
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 62 - TOT 1201
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 67 - TOT 1176
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 56 - TOT 1171
    8. Honesty FC: GW 48 - TOT 1125
    9. False 9 FC: GW 46 - TOT 1086
    10. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 57 - TOT 1084
    11. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 51 - TOT 1082
    12. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 44 - TOT 1075
    13. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 42 - TOT 1052
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 35 - TOT 1025
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 57 - TOT 1021
    16. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 67 - TOT 999
    17. Anfield FC: GW 37 - TOT 926
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 43 - TOT 884
    _______

Remember there's a new deadline tomorrow at 16:30 UK time!
    Congratulations Team Extreme, first highest score this season, took a while. lol
    Liverpool sign Ben Davies and Ozan Kabak potential assets?
    Congratulations Team Extreme, first highest score this season, took a while. lol

Only got that one gameweek win myself too! It's all about having a best possible average gameweek score though. I think it was Jay Egersdorff who calculated that an average gameweek score of 60 points should get you around a 100k finish. That was a few years ago though, so you might need to have an ever better average score now.

Only got that one gameweek win myself too! It's all about having a best possible average gameweek score though. I think it was Jay Egersdorff who calculated that an average gameweek score of 60 points should get you around a 100k finish. That was a few years ago though, so you might need to have an ever better average score now.

I think my average last season was around 60+ not even checked this season.

59.6 is my current average.

Just checked, the average is 59.9 here currently. I think the season I finished at 37k, my gameweek average was closer to 61.

Just checked, the average is 59.9 here currently. I think the season I finished at 37k, my gameweek average was closer to 61.

Despite an erratic football season I really don't remember (not checked) getting many scores around the 40 point mark compared to previous seasons.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited February 2021 Posts: 2,341

Congratulations Team Extreme, he's good isn't he... :)>-

My rotation policy didn't work and had an average gw. At least they are well rested..... :))

My rotation policy didn't work and had an average gw. At least they are well rested..... :))

That's the problem with having a strong bench, though at some point it will come in handy if there is another outbreak at a team or rotation.

Even though I have Gudegan I currently have him on the bench as I fear resting my three strikers the GW.

That's the problem with having a strong bench, though at some point it will come in handy if there is another outbreak at a team or rotation.

Even though I have Gudegan I currently have him on the bench as I fear resting my three strikers the GW.

True. Anything can happen with 18 gw's to go. Another outbreak and team rotation especially at manc and chelsea.
    I was making changes right till last minute, I have no idea if Gundagan or Bamford starts.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 17,241

Despite an erratic football season I really don't remember (not checked) getting many scores around the 40 point mark compared to previous seasons.

Really not sure about how my scores have been in previous seasons, in comparison to this one. Last season was pretty low scoring for me throughout though; a few good scores now and then, but some really bad ones as well.
    _____

Don't know who I captained in the end! Was late home, and had to do a lot of catching up with just minutes to go. Decided on saving a transfer, but mistakenly read Mané as Salah in a tweet suggesting that Mané might not be available. That made me switch the armband between Salah, Cancelo and Fernandes, and I have no idea who I ended up giving the captaincy. If Mané is out, and I've captained anyone but Salah, this might be a nightmare gameweek for me.

Really not sure about how my scores have been in previous seasons, in comparison to this one. Last season was pretty low scoring for me throughout though; a few good scores now and then, but some really bad ones as well.
    _____

Don't know who I captained in the end! Was late home, and had to do a lot of catching up with just minutes to go. Decided on saving a transfer, but mistakenly read Mané as Salah in a tweet suggesting that Mané might not be available. That made me switch the armband between Salah, Cancelo and Fernandes, and I have no idea who I ended up giving the captaincy. If Mané is out, and I've captained anyone but Salah, this might be a nightmare gameweek for me.

I heard Mané may still be injured though I was wondering if he did play would Salah be rested. I Captained Salah VC Fernandes, I almost benched Rashford though ended up benching Gundagan which is risky. I hope Bamford is injured then than removes the problem.
    Here are the gameweek 21 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Son: 3
    Wilson: 2
    Cancelo: 1
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Grealish: 1
    Ings: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Calvert-Lewin: 1
    Fernandes: 1

Salah is the most captained player in our league for this midweek round of fixtures, with a nice fixture against Brighton. Son and Wilson are the only other players captained by more than one manager.

Good luck everyone!

_____

I heard Mané may still be injured though I was wondering if he did play would Salah be rested. I Captained Salah VC Fernandes, I almost benched Rashford though ended up benching Gundagan which is risky. I hope Bamford is injured then than removes the problem.

Last night some FPL people made a point about Salah potentially being rested, but seeing as Mané might be out, that will not happen. Ended up with Cancelo in the end, which makes me really nervous given how many people have the armband on Salah. In the money league I'm in, all the other managers ahead me and around me captained Salah… :-S
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,105

Salah is the most captained player in our league for this midweek round of fixtures, with a nice fixture against Brighton. Son and Wilson are the only other players captained by more than one manager.

Good luck everyone!

_____

Last night some FPL people made a point about Salah potentially being rested, but seeing as Mané might be out, that will not happen. Ended up with Cancelo in the end, which makes me really nervous given how many people have the armband on Salah. In the money league I'm in, all the other managers ahead me and around me captained Salah… :-S

I have a feeling Burnley will score v City and City will win though narrow victory. I am regretting dropping Gundagan already.

Pogba benched for united, Ole going safety first again at home with two holding midfielders Mctominay and Fred, Van Der Beek still not getting a start gr.

Wolves winning just noticed they need to stop there bad form, will Arsenal make a come back. I cant imagine many managers have assets from those teams currently, maybe Saka.
    Wilson assist already phew!

Southampton down to ten men already, come on United got to do something more attacking now!

Just watched the Arsenal highlights talk about disaster, Side Show Bobs red looked unlucky though from a single viewing.
    Man United 1 - 0 AWB goal Shaw assist.
    Man United 2 - 0 Rashford goal, Greenwood assist. Fill your boots Rashford need those points...
    Man United 3 - 0 Bednerak own goal, Rashford assist... and I actually considered benching Rashford lol
    Man United 4 - 0 Cavani goal, Shaw assist.
    Missed second half finished 9 - 0 to United I feel for Southampton. Bruno and Rashford were in on some points thankfully.

Good luck everyone!

_____

I have a feeling Burnley will score v City and City will win though narrow victory. I am regretting dropping Gundagan already.

Pogba benched for united, Ole going safety first again at home with two holding midfielders Mctominay and Fred, Van Der Beek still not getting a start gr.

Wolves winning just noticed they need to stop there bad form, will Arsenal make a come back. I cant imagine many managers have assets from those teams currently, maybe Saka.

I got a bad feeling for that game too, now that I have Cancelo as my captain. There's differential picks, and there's "Oh sh*t, I'm not going to make the deadline" kinda picks. The former might work out fine, while the latter rarely does…
    Wilson assist already phew!

Just watched the Arsenal highlights talk about disaster, Side Show Bobs red looked unlucky though from a single viewing.

Really wish I owned Wilson, but I can't find a spot for him yet.

Disaster result for Arsenal, and I think that's top six out of the question for good. Luiz is such a liability, and now Leno will miss the next match too…

Man United 1 - 0 AWB goal Shaw assist.
    Man United 2 - 0 Rashford goal, Greenwood assist. Fill your boots Rashford need those points...
    Man United 3 - 0 Bednerak own goal, Rashford assist... and I actually considered benching Rashford lol
    Man United 4 - 0 Cavani goal, Shaw assist.

Missed second half finished 9 - 0 to United I feel for Southampton. Bruno and Rashford were in on some points thankfully.

Only saw the goals in repeat, but looking at that Soton team, they hardly looked like giving an effort after they were down to ten. It's just like the Leicester game from last season.

17 from 1 with the Bruno points, but I need the rest of the team to deliver too. Currently down 46k after the matches tonight.
    Wilson ticks along with points even when Newcastle play bad or lose, glad I got him back in.

Weird so many red cards tonight. David Luiz should be a midfielder.

United punished Southampton though still some way behind City on goal difference. Wish I had Shaw though we all no United defenders don't do that often enough.
    Wilson ticks along with points even when Newcastle play bad or lose, glad I got him back in.

United punished Southampton though still some way behind City on goal difference. Wish I had Shaw though we all no United defenders don't do that often enough.

Could be a season keeper if he keeps it up!

The FA should really have a look at the rules. It might be a pen, but the fact that such a slight touch should see a red is just ridiculous. That doesn't make the fact that Luiz shouldn't find himself in a position like that at all less important of course.

I'm tempted to bring in a United defender with one of my two free transfers. Do you think Shaw will start most games?

The FA should really have a look at the rules. It might be a pen, but the fact that such a slight touch should see a red is just ridiculous. That doesn't make the fact that Luiz shouldn't find himself in a position like that at all less important of course.

I'm tempted to bring in a United defender with one of my two free transfers. Do you think Shaw will start most games?

I only saw the Luiz incident once I thought he tripped over himself I will have to rewatch it.
    Shaw is a certain starter in the league easily one of our best players this season he has been outstanding, I am tempted to get him in myself.

Edited: Shaw is only 4.8 just got him in and sold Dier.

I only saw the Luiz incident once I thought he tripped over himself I will have to rewatch it.
    Shaw is a certain starter in the league easily one of our best players this season he has been outstanding, I am tempted to get him in myself.

There was the slightest of touch between Luiz and (I can't remember who it was), so technically a pen, but a red? That seems so unnecessary harsh.

If he stays fit and available for selection, and a certain starter, then he's tempting to bring in for sure. I'll have to find a replacement for Robertson and Chilwell most likely, so Shaw could be an interesting player to transfer one of them out for.

There was the slightest of touch between Luiz and (I can't remember who it was), so technically a pen, but a red? That seems so unnecessary harsh.

If he stays fit and available for selection, and a certain starter, then he's tempting to bring in for sure. I'll have to find a replacement for Robertson and Chilwell most likely, so Shaw could be an interesting player to transfer one of them out for.

Just bought Shaw did not realise how cheap he was, sold Dier to get him in.

Shaw is a good buy.
    Wonder who pep will rest this week ?

Shaw is a good buy.
    Wonder who pep will rest this week ?

I am hoping Gundagan as I benched him lol

Hope it's not Dias, though Pep will probably change a defender or two maybe Laporte and Walker.