The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,325
    Just come up with a master plan to ensure points in GW18 and GW19 if this works could be a good rank boost... :)) It will probably fail.

I will be watching Team news like a hawk leading up to the deadline.
    If Spurs can play v Fulham that helps many of us, I could live with having only 9 players. Please be aware I hope all that are ill recover soon, majority of my comments on here are purely from a FPL managers point of view.

Lucky you, I still have to play my Free Hit. Only six players without playing it.
    ________

I have DCL lol so if no Spurs also down to six, if Spurs play up to 8. Not panicking is key here i think as most will be in the same situation. Going Hit crazy will be futile.

The best thing we can do is to do as little as possible with our teams until closer to the deadline tomorrow. Knowledge is important right now, and taking hits early might backfire massively. As you write, not panicking is key.

DCL is a blow but injuries happen.
    Might have to bring in some ManC players for tomorrow.

I'm working on potential Free Hit drafts, and I'll probably end up with a City double-up as things stand.

City are in great form atm.

They're definitely a team worth targeting. They haven't been their usual selves all season though, so I'm a bit cautious expecting too much from a City double-up on the Free Hit.
    Just come up with a master plan to ensure points in GW18 and GW19 if this works could be a good rank boost... :)) It will probably fail.

Looking forward to see what you have come up with!

I've just made two Free Hit drafts I'm reasonably happy with – or, happy with as far as funds allowed me. Haven't actually pushed the FH button yet, but will do this afternoon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    If Spurs can play v Fulham that helps many of us, I could live with having only 9 players. Please be aware I hope all that are ill recover soon, majority of my comments on here are purely from a FPL managers point of view.

Lucky you, I still have to play my Free Hit. Only six players without playing it.
    ________

I have DCL lol so if no Spurs also down to six, if Spurs play up to 8. Not panicking is key here i think as most will be in the same situation. Going Hit crazy will be futile.

The best thing we can do is to do as little as possible with our teams until closer to the deadline tomorrow. Knowledge is important right now, and taking hits early might backfire massively. As you write, not panicking is key.

I'm working on potential Free Hit drafts, and I'll probably end up with a City double-up as things stand.

They're definitely a team worth targeting. They haven't been their usual selves all season though, so I'm a bit cautious expecting too much from a City double-up on the Free Hit.

I've just made two Free Hit drafts I'm reasonably happy with – or, happy with as far as funds allowed me. Haven't actually pushed the FH button yet, but will do this afternoon.

I have hit the Wildcard managed to get a team good for both GW's and in GW19 I have a plan.

________

I have hit the Wildcard managed to get a team good for both GW's and in GW19 I have a plan.

That looks like a good way to solve the gameweek 18/19 dilemma!

Haven't even given next gameweek a thought yet, given that there's been all these late developments (The Sp*rs fixture switch just the latest). I expect I have to take a hit or two though.

________

Haven't even given next gameweek a thought yet, given that there's been all these late developments (The Sp*rs fixture switch just the latest). I expect I have to take a hit or two though.

I was taking too many hits so that forced my hand, guaranteed later in the season this will happen again and again though I just want to maximize points for GW18 and GW19 then see what shape my team is in after, I will be able to bank two transfers before GW20 which will help. Of course games can still be canceled in the next week which will make it all for nothing lol
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,279

________

I was taking too many hits so that forced my hand, guaranteed later in the season this will happen again and again though I just want to maximize points for GW18 and GW19 then see what shape my team is in after, I will be able to bank two transfers before GW20 which will help. Of course games can still be canceled in the next week which will make it all for nothing lol

Agree. All we can do is to try and get through these two gameweeks with as many points as possible. It might be easier to plan for the long term after we're through with the blank/double (with the caveat that there might be blanks and late changes to the schedule in upcoming gameweeks too).
    Its was bound to happen Lascelles did not make it so I am down to 10 players already...

M4FxSHZ.png
    Here are the gameweek 18 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 6
    Son: 4
    De Bruyne: 3
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Saka: 1
    Fernandes: 1

With a favourable fixture switch for Sp*rs, it's not surprising to see Kane and Son being the most captained players in our league this gameweek with 6 and 4 managers backing each, respectively. De Bruyne is the only only other player captained by more than one manager.

Good luck everyone!
    Its was bound to happen Lascelles did not make it so I am down to 10 players already...

M4FxSHZ.png

Bad luck! Though you will likely see him in the team again soon.

This is a strong wildcard team!

M4FxSHZ.png

Its really for GW19 when I hit the bench Boost...
    u1QUlGa.png
    I will make a transfer also.

M4FxSHZ.png

u1QUlGa.png

That looks like a very Bench Boostable (if I can call i that) team! Gameweek 19 is a good opportunity to play the Bench Boost if your team is set up for it.

I would have considered the same, but I'm 3-4 transfers too many from it to be possible. a -8/-12 is just a bit too much in preparation for a Bench Boost I feel, in current circumstances. Will instead try and play it later in the season.

M4FxSHZ.png

u1QUlGa.png

That looks like a very Bench Boostable (if I can call i that) team! Gameweek 19 is a good opportunity to play the Bench Boost if your team is set up for it.

I would have considered the same, but I'm 3-4 transfers too many from it to be possible. a -8/-12 is just a bit too much in preparation for a Bench Boost I feel, in current circumstances. Will instead try and play it later in the season.

I find the Bench Boost an almost pointless chip, I may make two transfers to get two other player in with Double GW.

M4FxSHZ.png

u1QUlGa.png

I find the Bench Boost an almost pointless chip, I may make two transfers to get two other player in with Double GW.

Like the Free Hit, you're hoping for certain teams and players to deliver in one specific gameweek (or two, if there's a double one), rather than over a longer period. As luck dependent FPL is, you need quite a bit of luck in order for those chips to really pay off. I've yet to have any luck with those chips after three seasons of playing the game!

M4FxSHZ.png

u1QUlGa.png

Like the Free Hit, you're hoping for certain teams and players to deliver in one specific gameweek (or two, if there's a double one), rather than over a longer period. As luck dependent FPL is, you need quite a bit of luck in order for those chips to really pay off. I've yet to have any luck with those chips after three seasons of playing the game!

Yesterday was a disaster for me only Rashford delivering with half my team already played, I just hope most managers have low scores. If I had gone with the hits I would have been worse off so looking at the positive, it will all be about GW19 with my current squad.

United top of the league though I am hardly responding as way too long to go, way too many United fans getting way too excited. I watched and went through the whole Fergie era so I am more grounded, I will get excited when we are top of the league 3 points clear on the last day of the season lol
    By some miracle I currently have a green arrow, I really need a Spurs 1 - 0 win Son goal Kane no involvement to keep the green arrow.
    Fulham started well, Dier has picked up a injury not sure he will last long, only just got him in the defense curse may continue.
    Kane goal, Regulon assist gr

M4FxSHZ.png

u1QUlGa.png

Yesterday was a disaster for me only Rashford delivering with half my team already played, I just hope most managers have low scores. If I had gone with the hits I would have been worse off so looking at the positive, it will all be about GW19 with my current squad.

United top of the league though I am hardly responding as way too long to go, way too many United fans getting way too excited. I watched and went through the whole Fergie era so I am more grounded, I will get excited when we are top of the league 3 points clear on the last day of the season lol

Never responded to this, sorry! As we saw in the end, there was a lot of low scores, so the 41 points you manages was well above average. I'd consider that a wildcard success!

The Free Hit didn't really help my team in the end. I got a green arrow, but that's more due to the fact I didn't have to think about hits, and could load up on players that actually featured. Having a look at some of the drafts I wrote down, all of them would have done better than the one I ended up with! :))
    Been a bit busy, so I'll do the league table standings after this gameweek. But of course we have to congratulate our gameweek 18 winner, False 9 FC, scoring impressive 58 points playing the Free Hit. Congratulations! =D>

8olkmAJ.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    _______

Remember the 11:00 (UK time) deadline today! With all the doubles, we might see some very impressive scores this gameweek. :-)
    Here are the gameweek 19 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Fernandes: 3
    De Bruyne: 2
    Son: 2
    Vardy: 2
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Kane: 1
    Rashford: 1

With all the double fixtures, it's not surprising to see the likes of De Bruyne, Kane, Son, Fernandes and Salah dominating the captaincy picks. Salah is the most captained player in our league, with five managers giving him the armband.

Good luck everyone!
    I did not see Brighton or WBA winning there goes my bench boost. I was pretty certain I picked KDB as captain though its on Bruno, hope that does not back fire. Been working so never checked team before deadline.
    I did not see Brighton or WBA winning there goes my bench boost. I was pretty certain I picked KDB as captain though its on Bruno, hope that does not back fire. Been working so never checked team before deadline.

Couldn't get enough players for a Bench Boost, but I started both Dallas and Bamford, so I know the feeling! Leeds didn't play well today, and I wonder how many assets I will hold on to going forward.

The captaincy is very tricky this gameweek, I think. There's De Bruyne, Salah, Vardy, Fernandes and other that can all do really well with two fixtures each. Son and Kane can also do well against Sheffield United. So the Fernandes pick (even if you didn't mean to captain him) might pay off. It's not like Liverpool have been that impressive defensively after van Dijk's injury, and Fulham can be a good fixture for United, even though Fulham have improved recently.

Couldn't get enough players for a Bench Boost, but I started both Dallas and Bamford, so I know the feeling! Leeds didn't play well today, and I wonder how many assets I will hold on to going forward.

The captaincy is very tricky this gameweek, I think. There's De Bruyne, Salah, Vardy, Fernandes and other that can all do really well with two fixtures each. Son and Kane can also do well against Sheffield United. So the Fernandes pick (even if you didn't mean to captain him) might pay off. It's not like Liverpool have been that impressive defensively after van Dijk's injury, and Fulham can be a good fixture for United, even though Fulham have improved recently.

I was switching between Bruno and KDB, my gut feeling is KDB may end up been rested for one of the games. Ole never rests Bruno 😂

I recently sold Dallas because Leeds are useless at defending.

I was switching between Bruno and KDB, my gut feeling is KDB may end up been rested for one of the games. Ole never rests Bruno 😂

That is very true, and for a long time I had the armband on Salah in fear that Pep might rotate De Bruyne. In the end though, I felt the fixtures too tempting not to captain De Bruyne. It's a call that can go well, or fail massively.

I have the Leeds triple up because of the double they were originally scheduled to get. That didn't happen of course, and with Taylor injured too, my gameweek 19 plans went out of the window when it was too late to do anything about it. I think gameweek 26 is the likely solution for me, but there will also be a lot of blanks in gameweek 29 I believe, so that will become a factor too.

That is very true, and for a long time I had the armband on Salah in fear that Pep might rotate De Bruyne. In the end though, I felt the fixtures too tempting not to captain De Bruyne. It's a call that can go well, or fail massively.

I have the Leeds triple up because of the double they were originally scheduled to get. That didn't happen of course, and with Taylor injured too, my gameweek 19 plans went out of the window when it was too late to do anything about it. I think gameweek 26 is the likely solution for me, but there will also be a lot of blanks in gameweek 29 I believe, so that will become a factor too.

City fixtures do look good though they are just not free scoring as they were in recent seasons, I woukd not be surprised if they had a few 1 - 0 wins in both fixtures.

Liverpool v United no idea what will happen there I hope Ole goes for it and puts pressure on there defence. It will probably end up 2 - 2.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,353

I was switching between Bruno and KDB too. So hard to decide but went with Bruno.

Might have to toss a coin to decide who's captain next time.... :))

Liverpool v Man Utd will be exciting as always hopefully we win.... :)>-

City fixtures do look good though they are just not free scoring as they were in recent seasons, I woukd not be surprised if they had a few 1 - 0 wins in both fixtures.

Liverpool v United no idea what will happen there I hope Ole goes for it and puts pressure on there defence. It will probably end up 2 - 2.

Exactly. But they have looked strong defensively, and I might consider a def double-up with those fixtures coming up.

I expect the Liverpool-United game will be a very open one. Won't have the chance to watch it, but I bet it will be one to watch for those who can!
    I like the look of the Liverpool CB pairing, United really have to go out and win this.

Spurs conceded I am regretting not taking another hit and getting rid of Dier for Justin.

Edited: Liverpool 0 - 0 United at half time, United very much in this though need to sort out some careless passing and Rashford need to stop getting caught offside. If anyone is going to win this for United Rashford could be the one.
    Finishes 0 -0 at Anfield the fact I am disappointed is perhaps a good indicator of United's improvement had good chances to win it. Over to City now, looking at Liverpool right now I think it could be down to the Manchester clubs for the title, with Leicester as the dark horse.
    Won't surprise me if you're right about the Manchester clubs. Liverpool hardly look good enough to win it right now. United got Fernandes to carry the team, and City are City after all; they might not be high scoring, but they are capable of picking up the points needed even so.