The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Henderson and Fabinho are Liverpool's CB pairing tonight, hoping for a Southampton win and clean sheet. Would be good for my ranking and most importantly for Man United lol

Dam McCarthy out with C19 hope he gets well soon. I was planning to transfer him out for the Blank GW. I will take a 2 - 1 win to Southampton with one Salah goal.

Forced my hand so just made two transfers including one hit, i have 11 players for GW18 now, hopefully I wont have any of them drop out.

Ings goal after two minutes. Things are looking bright for you this gameweek!

Just posted that above lol great finish by Ings. Liverpool losing clean sheet really has helped.

Yellow for Robertson too. Not off to a good start as a Robbo owner! :-&

When I Wildcard; Robertson is a player I will get in in three or four weeks, easily the best Liverpool option in defense currently.
    Henderson and Fabinho are Liverpool's CB pairing tonight, hoping for a Southampton win and clean sheet. Would be good for my ranking and most importantly for Man United lol

Dam McCarthy out with C19 hope he gets well soon. I was planning to transfer him out for the Blank GW. I will take a 2 - 1 win to Southampton with one Salah goal.

Forced my hand so just made two transfers including one hit, i have 11 players for GW18 now, hopefully I wont have any of them drop out.

Ings goal after two minutes. Things are looking bright for you this gameweek!

Just posted that above lol great finish by Ings. Liverpool losing clean sheet really has helped.

Yellow for Robertson too. Not off to a good start as a Robbo owner! :-&

When I Wildcard; Robertson is a player I will get in in three or four weeks, easily the best Liverpool option in defense currently.

I can't drop him now surely, but I regret picking Robertson over a City defender, now that City got those fixtures rescheduled.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I just sold Salah though not for a City asset...

Normally I'd say that is risky, but given Liverpool's form it's probably not. I think with Salah it's the fear of missing out of points that makes many of us hang onto him when he's not scoring.
    England going into Lockdown tonight PM just announced, Elite Sport to continue thankfully.

Normally I'd say that is risky, but given Liverpool's form it's probably not. I think with Salah it's the fear of missing out of points that makes many of us hang onto him when he's not scoring.

I will bring Salah back in when I Wildcard, I could easily wildcard before GW19 though trying not too. I wont be without him for long though Blank week I want to get some points. Plus as I needed a keeper I could not make a one for one transfer as had no extra funds.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,272
    England going into Lockdown tonight PM just announced, Elite Sport to continue thankfully.

Just read that on Twitter. We're under new restrictions here in Norway, so I'll be working from home the next 14 days.

I will bring Salah back in when I Wildcard, I could easily wildcard before GW19 though trying not too. I wont be without him for long though Blank week I want to get some points. Plus as I needed a keeper I could not make a one for one transfer as had no extra funds.

It's definitely best if you can save the wildcard for later, but there's no right or wrong when it comes to playing the wildcard really. You probably want Salah back at some point, but if not on wildcard, then you should make sure to have an easy way of getting him back with transfers.

Just read that on Twitter. We're under new restrictions here in Norway, so I'll be working from home the next 14 days.

It's definitely best if you can save the wildcard for later, but there's no right or wrong when it comes to playing the wildcard really. You probably want Salah back at some point, but if not on wildcard, then you should make sure to have an easy way of getting him back with transfers.

I will continue to work as normal thankfully.

Liverpool not been good injury's catching up with them though even when at there peak I always thought there midfield was ordinary and it was the fullbacks and three attacker that won them games, most of them are out of form.
    Get in Southampton 1 - 0 Liverpool

I will continue to work as normal thankfully.

Liverpool not been good injury's catching up with them though even when at there peak I always thought there midfield was ordinary and it was the fullbacks and three attacker that won them games, most of them are out of form.

I'm pretty used to working from home and it's (currently) only for a two week period, so it's alright really. I hope everything will be as normal from a work point of view soon though.

They were horrible tonight, and this game really show that they're quite out of form. The Robertson transfer makes less sense now, as it was just a way to pick up the points mini league rival's have been gaining.
    We've just finished a pretty high-scoring gameweek with an average of 56 points, and it's fun to see that our league had some really good scores – best of all MEJICO POWA, who managed impressive 82 points and a gameweek rank of 236 754 – congratulations! =D>

JJturbk.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    League table standings:

1. Liverpool Richmond: GW75 - TOT 1011
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 57 - TOT 992
    3. Team Extreme: GW 69 - TOT 989
    4. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 70 - TOT 953
    5. MEJICO POWA: GW 82 - TOT 950
    6. Ayew Crazy!: GW 52 - TOT 948
    7. Honesty FC: GW 71 - TOT 935
    8. Cremonese-killen: GW 73 - TOT 927
    9. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 68 - TOT 887
    10. False 9 FC: GW 73 - TOT 880
    11. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 40 - TOT 878
    12. Mesut Özil: GW 44 - TOT 869
    13. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 39 - TOT 864
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 65 - TOT 863
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 50 - TOT 814
    16. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 66 - TOT 786
    17. Anfield FC: GW 67 - TOT 778
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 44 - TOT 712
    ______

We get a little break now until the next deadline, which is Tue 12 Jan 16:30 UK time. Make sure to have your teams in order by then!
    Glad I still got the Free Hit available…

edited January 2021 Posts: 23,271
    Congratulations MEJICO POWA

Yeah that Wildcard may have to be used though thankfully got some time until next Premier League games.

The City situation confused a little me as I thought they returned to be able to play very quickly despite an outbreak.

Yeah that Wildcard may have to be used though thankfully got some time until next Premier League games.

The City situation confused a little me as I thought they returned to be able to play very quickly despite an outbreak.

Indeed. I'm not touching my team or even activating the Free Hit yet, until closer to the deadline. It might in a worst case scenario price me out of getting a few players playing the FH late, but it's better to be sure. Should there be a scenario where more teams have positive tests and fixtures are rescheduled, there might be a case for saving it until later. Small chance of that happening maybe, but still.

Agree, it confused me a bit too, but each individual case is different. The outbreak at Villa might be more significant than that of City.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Indeed. I'm not touching my team or even activating the Free Hit yet, until closer to the deadline. It might in a worst case scenario price me out of getting a few players playing the FH late, but it's better to be sure. Should there be a scenario where more teams have positive tests and fixtures are rescheduled, there might be a case for saving it until later. Small chance of that happening maybe, but still.

Agree, it confused me a bit too, but each individual case is different. The outbreak at Villa might be more significant than that of City.

Yes I'm going to be picking my team at the latest time like you. Anything can happen.

Yes I'm going to be picking my team at the latest time like you. Anything can happen.

Indeed, and these decisions (postponements etc.) might come late as well, so no need to make transfers at this point – unless you really need to because of price rises.
    Jose Mourinho gives update on Aston Villa vs Tottenham fixture
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tottenham-premier-league-19599500

I have four players from this game, so many problems here as even if it goes ahead which Villa players are actually out? We may not even know about the fixture before the deadline as the game is on Wednesday. I have no free hit so this GW could hurt big time.

Jose seems adamant the game is going ahead which worries me lol
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tottenham-premier-league-19599500

I have four players from this game, so many problems here as even if it goes ahead which Villa players are actually out? We may not even know about the fixture before the deadline as the game is on Wednesday. I have no free hit so this GW could hurt big time.

Are you going to play your wildcard ?

As it stands my team is set up ok for the following GW19 so trying not to use my Wildcard. If Villa v Spurs goes ahead I currently have 11 players.

As it stands my team is set up ok for the following GW19 so trying not to use my Wildcard. If Villa v Spurs goes ahead I currently have 11 players.

Villa v Spurs is anyone's guess if it goes ahead ?
    We can only hope we get some kind of confirmation before the deadline. As things stand, I'm likely to just play the Free Hit, but might be cautious about bringing in any Sp*rs or Villa assets.
    If Spurs can play v Fulham that helps many of us, I could live with having only 9 players. Please be aware I hope all that are ill recover soon, majority of my comments on here are purely from a FPL managers point of view.
    If Spurs can play v Fulham that helps many of us, I could live with having only 9 players. Please be aware I hope all that are ill recover soon, majority of my comments on here are purely from a FPL managers point of view.

Lucky you, I still have to play my Free Hit. Only six players without playing it.
    ________

Lucky you, I still have to play my Free Hit. Only six players without playing it.
    ________

I have DCL lol so if no Spurs also down to six, if Spurs play up to 8. Not panicking is key here i think as most will be in the same situation. Going Hit crazy will be futile.
    Checked FPL Villa players in my team blank, Spurs now at home to Fulham. DCL red flagged as you mentioned, do I transfer him as I have already taken a hit :))

Edited: took a -12 in total (-8 just now) got nothing to lose, I have 10 players for GW18 and a few of my moves could pay off.

________

I have DCL lol so if no Spurs also down to six, if Spurs play up to 8. Not panicking is key here i think as most will be in the same situation. Going Hit crazy will be futile.

The best thing we can do is to do as little as possible with our teams until closer to the deadline tomorrow. Knowledge is important right now, and taking hits early might backfire massively. As you write, not panicking is key.

________

The best thing we can do is to do as little as possible with our teams until closer to the deadline tomorrow. Knowledge is important right now, and taking hits early might backfire massively. As you write, not panicking is key.

DCL is a blow but injuries happen.
    Might have to bring in some ManC players for tomorrow.

________

I'm working on potential Free Hit drafts, and I'll probably end up with a City double-up as things stand.

________

I'm working on potential Free Hit drafts, and I'll probably end up with a City double-up as things stand.

City are in great form atm.