The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I knew it!

For a moment I had 40 points that swiftly became 30 gr
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    edited August 2019 Posts: 222
    I knew it!

omg how do we know what points we get? I'm on 14 points. Is this good?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I knew it!

omg how do we know what points we get?

Check your points page on app or website
    Shame about that clean sheet, but all three players I had in this fixture delivered.

Norwich looked decent going forward. It will be interesting to see which FPL options emerges in the upcoming gameweeks.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    A bit late, but here are the gameweek 1 captaincy picks:
    Salah: 8
    Kane: 2
    Aubameyang: 2
    Jiménez: 1
    Mané: 1
    Kean: 1
    Agüero: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    van Dijk: 1

A varied group of captain choices for the first gameweek of the season, with Salah the preferred choice in our league.
    Jesus goal, Walker assist (WHU 0-1 MCI).
    I hope West Ham score as I got rid of Zichenko a few days ago from my provisional team
    de Bruyne with assist for Sterling
    I hope West Ham score as I got rid of Zichenko a few days ago from my provisional team

I hope for a City clean sheet 'cause I ham him, haha!

Oh, knew it would be risky going without KdB…

KdB was an alternative to Sterling, I still want Sterling in my squad he like Salah will just keep scoring goals, I guess KdB will get a point for clean sheet
    Aguero on for City

Anderson off due to injury for West Ham
    Sterling goal Mahrez assist dam!
    Come on de Bruyne [-O<

KdB was an alternative to Sterling, I still want Sterling in my squad he like Salah will just keep scoring goals, I guess KdB will get a point for clean sheet

I almost found a way to have both KdB and Sterling, but it came at the expense of the defence, so I decided to downgrade KdB instead. Oh, well.
    Sterling goal Mahrez assist dam!

Thought it wouldn't be given for a while there!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,104
    KdB subbed gr
    40 point so far plus KdB should get 2 bonus, I have bettered my opening day points from last season with four players only played

Aguero misses penalty... retake?
    Aguero scores retake
    A busy day for VAR!
    The amount of people who have sold Robertson is crazy, I am not going to have knee jerk reactions to games

Yeah VAR is going to up free kicks and penalties
    Sterling Hatrick dam!
    Mahrez assist, dam I had Sterling in my team the night before deadline

I need Kane to score Hatrick tomorrow
    Should have been a West Ham free kick before that goal!
    Spurs playing tonight hopefully Kane can match Sterling

With Heaton in goal in my team, I hope not!

After GW2 Sterling is a must I must be crazy not to have him in my side, I should have gone with three premium attackers they will make up for weaknesses elsewhere

After GW2 Sterling is a must I must be crazy not to have him in my side, I should have gone with three premium attackers they will make up for weaknesses elsewhere

Sp*rs up next for City though. Sterling's price might go up, but I doubt he'll get the same score next week.

Sp*rs up next for City though. Sterling's price might go up, but I doubt he'll get the same score next week.

Yeah thats why I said after GW2, City v Spurs will probably be tight game. Price going up is a worry though I am not taking a hit this early

Yeah thats why I said after GW2, City v Spurs will probably be tight game. Price going up is a worry though I am not taking a hit this early

Read a bit too quickly too notice that, sorry!

Definitely think you can get away with waiting until after next gameweek. You could save up two free transfers to get Sterling in – or make an additional (mini wildcard) transfer for -4 if needed.

Definitely think you can get away with waiting until after next gameweek. You could save up two free transfers to get Sterling in – or make an additional (mini wildcard) transfer for -4 if needed.

I think that's what I will do save two free transfers, when do you think you will play your wild card?

I think that's what I will do save two free transfers, when do you think you will play your wild card?

I've tried to pick a squad where I'm only a -4 away from (almost) any player, so I'm likely to hold on to it as long as possible. From experience though, I'm likely to play it some time during the first 4-6 gameweeks.

I think a lot will depend on how the premium strikers perform in the first few games.