The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arsenal drawing and Spurs currently losing makes up for a shocking GW. Though looks like most people are having a bad Game Week.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    How waa Kanes goal disallowed
    Arsenal drawing and Spurs currently losing makes up for a shocking GW. Though looks like most people are having a bad Game Week.

I'm on 22 (-4) with King and Foster left. Might be my worst ever GW!

Didn't see the match; far from clear and obvious that his goal was disallowed?
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,060

It was disallowed because apparently Kane pushed Silva, Silva took a dive in my opinion as he had no chance of stopping Kane. Spurs would have took the lead if the goal stood.

Interesting Arsenal stats...
    January: 1 goal scored, 3 red cards and 0 wins. Will Aubameyang return surely Arteta needs to try to sort things out with him?
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 17,235

It was disallowed because apparently Kane pushed Silva, Silva took a dive in my opinion as he had no chance of stopping Kane. Spurs would have took the lead if the goal stood.

January: 1 goal scored, 3 red cards and 0 wins. Will Aubameyang return surely Arteta needs to try to sort things out with him?

Hm… just looked it up, and it does seem a bit like a dive. But as an Arsenal fan I'm happy Kane didn't get the goal in the end! :))

I'm really not sure. Everything suggests they will try and sell him, but who knows? Those stats tell a lot about Arsenal recently, but I'm not surprised; this is the level the team is really at.

Hm… just looked it up, and it does seem a bit like a dive. But as an Arsenal fan I'm happy Kane didn't get the goal in the end! :))

I'm really not sure. Everything suggests they will try and sell him, but who knows? Those stats tell a lot about Arsenal recently, but I'm not surprised; this is the level the team is really at.

As good as the young Arsenal players are youth equals inconsistent. The senior players need to do better for sure and set better examples.

As good as the young Arsenal players are youth equals inconsistent. The senior players need to do better for sure and set better examples.

Indeed, and the way the team look now, it's the youngsters that are carrying the team rather than the other way around! They definitely need some experience in that squad.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,060
    Looks like Aubameyang is Barcelona bound.

Confirmed! Of all the outgoing for Arsenal, this might be the one that can bite them the most should either Lacazette or Nketiah be injured. The squad is really thin right now, with not a single player coming in.
    edited February 2022 Posts: 23,060
    Reminder that GW 24 deadline is 1815 tomorrow (8th February).

I am considering hitting my Wildcard, got the day off today so will put some draft teams together.

Confirmed! Of all the outgoing for Arsenal, this might be the one that can bite them the most should either Lacazette or Nketiah be injured. The squad is really thin right now, with not a single player coming in.

None of the chasing top four teams did any decent business, in fact all the teams look thin as well as Man United's.

Edited: I had two Free Transfers so held off on my Wildcard, as I had money in the bank so I have managed to fit both Salah and Ronaldo in my team...

Ja7m1uB.png

Undecided on my Captain and I may start Maddison instead of Gray.
    Almost forgot we have a deadline tonight!

I am considering hitting my Wildcard, got the day off today so will put some draft teams together.

None of the chasing top four teams did any decent business, in fact all the teams look thin as well as Man United's.

It's strange how quiet the January window was for all teams chasing top four. Expect the summer window will be quite exciting.
    Edited: I had two Free Transfers so held off on my Wildcard, as I had money in the bank so I have managed to fit both Salah and Ronaldo in my team...

Ja7m1uB.png

That teams looks strong, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Double City defence could be a good differential this gameweek.

Undecided what to do yet. Haven't had the opportunity to look at potential wildcard drafts, so I'll have to wait playing it – even though the state of my team suggests I probably should… I'm considering taking a hit, but I'm not sure it will pay off.

It's strange how quiet the January window was for all teams chasing top four. Expect the summer window will be quite exciting.

Ja7m1uB.png

That teams looks strong, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Double City defence could be a good differential this gameweek.

Undecided what to do yet. Haven't had the opportunity to look at potential wildcard drafts, so I'll have to wait playing it – even though the state of my team suggests I probably should… I'm considering taking a hit, but I'm not sure it will pay off.

I am undecided on my Captain, if Salah starts then he could have a field day. Ronaldo is due a goal and scored twice vs Burnley in reverse fixture and we tend to play better away vs Burnley. Bruno could be out though which impacts things, Pogba being back will soften that blow.

Any Zouma owners dont expect him to play after today.
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 17,235

Ja7m1uB.png

I am undecided on my Captain, if Salah starts then he could have a field day. Ronaldo is due a goal and scored twice vs Burnley in reverse fixture and we tend to play better away vs Burnley. Bruno could be out though which impacts things, Pogba being back will soften that blow.

Any Zouma owners dont expect him to play after today.

Who did you captain?

Gave Cancelo the armband in the end. Just couldn't decide, and he was my "bus team" captain. Two transfers for a -4, Digne to replace Alonso who blanks anyway, and Son in for Gray. Son might be an odd transfer to prioritise, but it's a transfer with upcoming games in mind. Taking the hit though, I expect a red arrow this gameweek.

Just read the Zouma news. Really hope the club will react to his actions…
    Went with Salah, good job really Ronaldo benched.

I had the armband on Cancela myslef last week, can't really go wrong with City defenders.
    Zouma starts for West Ham.
    Ronaldo did not start, now Gray has gone off injured... great start for me not! Everton take lead sounds like an own goal.

United take lead Pogba, after Varanes earlier goal was dissallowed. United may have scored again... Offside.

Newcastle equalisded another own goal lol I am getting no points from these games unless Bowen does something.
    Went with Salah, good job really Ronaldo benched.

I had the armband on Cancela myslef last week, can't really go wrong with City defenders.

Expect Salah to do well despite having just come back from AFCON!

Cancelo felt like a alright pick based on the look of my team. I might regret not captaining Jota though.
    Zouma starts for West Ham.

West Ham will get a lot of criticism for this, no doubt.
    Ronaldo did not start, now Gray has gone off injured... great start for me not! Everton take lead sounds like an own goal.

United take lead Pogba, after Varanes earlier goal was dissallowed. United may have scored again... Offside.

Newcastle equalisded another own goal lol I am getting no points from these games unless Bowen does something.

Oh, that's bad luck! Taking out Gray was a very late decision for me, and I'm happy about that now, as he went off injured. Need Son to deliver of course.
    United can forget top four, we have lost the ability to put the ball in the net, none of the strikers are delivering.

Been backlash today regarding Zouma playing and rightly so.

Need a Salah haul to save my GW.

Undecided what to do for the Double GW next week, I don't trust United's defence with Maguire in it, he needs dropping ASAP cost us so many points this season, his price tag is a major problem, I would sell him.
    United can forget top four, we have lost the ability to put the ball in the net, none of the strikers are delivering.

Been backlash today regarding Zouma playing and rightly so.

Need a Salah haul to save my GW.

Undecided what to do for the Double GW next week, I don't trust United's defence with Maguire in it, he needs dropping ASAP cost us so many points this season, his price tag is a major problem, I would sell him.

Haven't watch any recent games of United, but it surprises me that they aren't able to deliver better performances. Something must be very wrong at the club.

Jota owners were the real winners of gameweek 24! I regret not captaining him, but I felt Cancelo was a "safer pick", if only marginally.

Been trying to figure out what to do with my team as well, without being any closer about what to do. I also struggle to sort out my longer term plan for chips and wildcard. My team could use an overhaul, but don't know if now is the time to WC.
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 17,235
    Just in time for the gameweek 25 deadline, here's a short gameweek 24 review.

First I must apologise for completely forgetting to do the gameweek 23 review – where the Burnley Watford game finished the gameweek two weeks after it started. Our gameweek 23 winner was Benny's Blues, scoring 43 points in an otherwise very low scoring gameweek. Congratulations! =D>

RVDyKe2.png

Gameweek 24 was a gameweek where those owning the likes of Coutinho, Jota or Bowen (and even captaining one of them, which many did), had a great midweek of FPL! There were several high scores in our league as well, but none better than Anfield FC's 82 points. Congratulations! =D>

I8BJCgn.png
    Gameweek winners

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    _________

Remember the gameweek 25 deadline in 25 minutes!
    Here are the gameweek 25 captaincy picks!

Fernandes: 8
    Salah: 5
    Ronaldo: 3
    Jota: 2
    Maupay: 2
    Cancelo: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    King: 1
    Van Dijk: 1
    Kane: 1
    De Bruyne: 1

With a double gameweek for United and Brighton, it's no surprise to see Fernandes, Ronaldo and Maupay in the captaincy list. Salah is back from AFCON though, and many jumped at the chance to captain him for his away game at Burnley. Good luck everyone!
    Congratulations Benny's Blues and Anfield FC's

---

Well another 1 - 1 draw for United, Treble United players was a risk on our current form. After this Double GW I am going nowhere near this team seasons over for them, team is a mess. I am not even angry just apathetic which is not good, need major changes in the summer.

Any chance of making up ground in FPL has gone I think, if I finish inside the top million I will see that as a result.

---

Well another 1 - 1 draw for United, Treble United players was a risk on our current form. After this Double GW I am going nowhere near this team seasons over for them, team is a mess. I am not even angry just apathetic which is not good, need major changes in the summer.

Any chance of making up ground in FPL has gone I think, if I finish inside the top million I will see that as a result.

Really annoying to see De Gea lose yet another clean sheet as an owner. Looks like I'm already on a -4 for next gameweek :-/

I think you can aim higher than to finish inside the top million @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Your wildcard includes several must haves and other players many will look to target in the coming gameweeks. Already owning them puts you at an advantage. You also have Bench Boost, Triple Captain and a Free Hit left, which can shoot you up the rankings!

---

Really annoying to see De Gea lose yet another clean sheet as an owner. Looks like I'm already on a -4 for next gameweek :-/

I think you can aim higher than to finish inside the top million @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Your wildcard includes several must haves and other players many will look to target in the coming gameweeks. Already owning them puts you at an advantage. You also have Bench Boost, Triple Captain and a Free Hit left, which can shoot you up the rankings!

My Wildcard was set up primarily for the next Double GW I brought in a few Arsenal players despite blanking this week, I just hope Jota and Coutinho keep up there good form. Sterling owners will be happy with his Hatrick today, not sure I even have considered him an option.

---

My Wildcard was set up primarily for the next Double GW I brought in a few Arsenal players despite blanking this week, I just hope Jota and Coutinho keep up there good form. Sterling owners will be happy with his Hatrick today, not sure I even have considered him an option.

I noticed you bringing in a couple of Arsenal players. I had Martinelli, but then he got the two yellow cards last match… I will look to bring in Ramsdale most likely, just like you did – but that might be the only Arsenal transfer for me, unless I play the wildcard.

I didn't really consider Sterling either. Almost transferred out Foden this gameweek as well because of the Pep roulette, but decided to prioritise other moves instead.

---

I noticed you bringing in a couple of Arsenal players. I had Martinelli, but then he got the two yellow cards last match… I will look to bring in Ramsdale most likely, just like you did – but that might be the only Arsenal transfer for me, unless I play the wildcard.

I didn't really consider Sterling either. Almost transferred out Foden this gameweek as well because of the Pep roulette, but decided to prioritise other moves instead.

I messed up selling Diaz he got an assist, I did consider keeping him and selling Cancelo instead though felt I should keep Cancelo because I sold TAA :))

Next GW I will bank a transfer as I think I will need two free transfers after that to get rid of Pogba and possibly Bruno unless United get a grip and play like a team.
    I think I should quit FPL I am clearly not paying attention, I celebrated Bowen's haul then when I checked my team noticed I had sold him :)) no idea why.
    Pogba assist and Bruno (c) goal literally saved my GW in the last minute in Unitted's 2 - 0 win vs Brighton.

---

I messed up selling Diaz he got an assist, I did consider keeping him and selling Cancelo instead though felt I should keep Cancelo because I sold TAA :))

Next GW I will bank a transfer as I think I will need two free transfers after that to get rid of Pogba and possibly Bruno unless United get a grip and play like a team.

Oooh, transferring out any of those premium defenders is a bold move! I might need to downgrade my defence at some point soon, but I will do everything I can to find a way to keep Cancelo and Trent.

Ideally I want to save a transfer as well. Thought my team needs a lot of work still, so I doubt it's possible.
    I think I should quit FPL I am clearly not paying attention, I celebrated Bowen's haul then when I checked my team noticed I had sold him :)) no idea why.
    Pogba assist and Bruno (c) goal literally saved my GW in the last minute in Unitted's 2 - 0 win vs Brighton.

Wow! You sold Bowen completely by accident?

Really needed those Fernandes points. That goal of his meant I got a decent green arrow again.

---

Oooh, transferring out any of those premium defenders is a bold move! I might need to downgrade my defence at some point soon, but I will do everything I can to find a way to keep Cancelo and Trent.

Ideally I want to save a transfer as well. Thought my team needs a lot of work still, so I doubt it's possible.

Wow! You sold Bowen completely by accident?

Really needed those Fernandes points. That goal of his meant I got a decent green arrow again.

I made several drafts and likely lost track by rushing my final decisions, I will get Bowen in after this GW. Made one transfer this week and fielding a full 11 with a Double GW, debating whether to use Triple captain or Bench Boost chip.

Edited: Make that 10 players as I still have Bruno in my team.