The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Kane equalises for Spurs

Edited: Maddisson goal I needed that.

United take lead Elanga goal Fred assist.

United now 2 - 0 up Greenwood goal

Spurs score in 95th minute 2 - 2

Spurs score again in 97th minute Gr win 3 - 2

Really needed Spurs to lose with there boat load of games in hand. Plus Maddisson was heading for good bonus points.
    I hate this gameweek, haha!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am glad it's over. Bruno owners will be happy though.

Glad United won, need to build from this.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Happy for Arsenal that the game was called off. The FA rule is there to be exploited by teams though, which it looks like Arsenal have benefitted from.

My -4 for Ronaldo and Mount certainly looks like the worst moves yet this season. Would be better off doing nothing at all.

Yeah I was reluctant to do anything other than one free transfer, there will be Double GW down the line to benefit more from.

Looks like you made a good decision there! My plan B was Son to Fernandes…

Did you get Fernandes or was that the Ronaldo alternative?

2 goals today from Bruno, after this GW I will likely sell Ronaldo and stay away from United players, this run of games were supposed be the easier fixtures 😂 We have no chance of top four now.

Went for Ronaldo…

Ronaldo and De Gea are not likely to stay long in my team either, but I have no plan for when to replace them. With all these postponements there are likely other fires to put out as well.

I went for Ronaldo as well. Shame he didn't play in the first game.
    Maybe he plays at Brentford ? They need him.

Rafael Benitez Everton sack manager, rooney in ?

Arsenal vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final Thursday.
    I wonder if the gunners line up for this ?

Certainly hope he does! With the Burnley-Watford game off I need all the points I can get, haha!

Throughout the day I've seen several reports linking Roberto Martínez with a return to Everton. A bit surprising given he's not managed a club side for some time, but stranger things have happened before.

The clash against Liverpool is still a doubt, from what I've read. Arsenal are loaning out Pablo Marí now too, so that's yet another player short for the game…

Hopefully get some chelski points tomorrow 🙌.......none

Hopefully get some sp$rs and man u points tomorrow ?🐱‍🏍

Arsenal vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final Thursday still on, atm ?

Wouldn't mind a clean sheet to get something back for picking De Gea! :))

Looks like the Arsenal-Liverpool game is on. Ødegaard is back in training, which might mean there's no more covid cases in the squad – just injuries.

skysports-arsenal-liverpool_5644235.jpg?20220117151135
    The BIG game is on.......... :))
    A lengthy gameweek 22 is over, and it was a gameweek that saw a major gap in points between those that owned (and captained) Bruno Fernandes and those that didn't own him. You'd think that the gameweek winner team would be one with Bruno as captain, but our gameweek 22 winner Kicked in Dias has the armband on Kane. Owning both was a good idea, as the team finished the gameweek with 89 points and a gameweek rank of 194 113. Congratulations! =D>

tmlPiyr.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias

League table standings:

1. FC Nostromo: GW 53 - TOT 1437
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 53 - TOT 1392
    3. CSAC: GW 56 - TOT 1302
    4. Team Extreme: GW 63 - TOT 1266
    5. Kicked in Dias: GW 89 - TOT 1261
    6. Incredible XI: GW 44 - TOT 1256
    7. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 60 - TOT 1246
    8. MEJICO POWA: GW 41 - TOT 1239
    9. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 71 - TOT 1216
    10. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 28 - TOT 1188
    11. �: GW 66 - TOT 1173
    12. Charlton Pathetic: GW 40 - TOT 1169
    13. Cremonese-Killen: GW 48 - TOT 1160
    14. The Vardy Boyz: GW 63 - TOT 1155
    15. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 52 - TOT 1148
    16. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 52 - TOT 1144
    17. أبو كاتم : GW 41 – TOT 1134
    18. Anfield FC: GW 62 - TOT 1131
    19. Liverpool Richmond: GW 44 - TOT 1099
    20. Bad gang XI: GW 47 - TOT 1081
    21. on the throne: GW 56 - TOT 1075
    22. Benny's Blues: GW 66 - TOT 1055
    23. Red Warriors: GW 56 - TOT 983
    24. The Best: GW 60 - TOT 983
    25. GoldyThe Ref: GW 77 - TOT 972
    26. Lucky Ducks: GW 53 - TOT 936
    27. CFC: GW 73 - TOT 874
    28. United Team: GW 47 - TOT 775
    _________

We have a Friday night deadline, so have your teams ready by 18:30 UK time!
    I am glad it's over. Bruno owners will be happy though.

Glad United won, need to build from this.

My money league rival who currently is ahead of me gained over 40 points on my team this gameweek alone, captaining Bruno. It will be a struggle to close that gap now!
    Happy for Arsenal that the game was called off. The FA rule is there to be exploited by teams though, which it looks like Arsenal have benefitted from.

My -4 for Ronaldo and Mount certainly looks like the worst moves yet this season. Would be better off doing nothing at all.

Yeah I was reluctant to do anything other than one free transfer, there will be Double GW down the line to benefit more from.

Looks like you made a good decision there! My plan B was Son to Fernandes…

Did you get Fernandes or was that the Ronaldo alternative?

2 goals today from Bruno, after this GW I will likely sell Ronaldo and stay away from United players, this run of games were supposed be the easier fixtures 😂 We have no chance of top four now.

Went for Ronaldo…

Ronaldo and De Gea are not likely to stay long in my team either, but I have no plan for when to replace them. With all these postponements there are likely other fires to put out as well.

I went for Ronaldo as well. Shame he didn't play in the first game.
    Maybe he plays at Brentford ? They need him.

Rafael Benitez Everton sack manager, rooney in ?

Arsenal vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final Thursday.
    I wonder if the gunners line up for this ?

Certainly hope he does! With the Burnley-Watford game off I need all the points I can get, haha!

Throughout the day I've seen several reports linking Roberto Martínez with a return to Everton. A bit surprising given he's not managed a club side for some time, but stranger things have happened before.

The clash against Liverpool is still a doubt, from what I've read. Arsenal are loaning out Pablo Marí now too, so that's yet another player short for the game…

Hopefully get some chelski points tomorrow 🙌.......none

Hopefully get some sp$rs and man u points tomorrow ?🐱‍🏍

Arsenal vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final Thursday still on, atm ?

Wouldn't mind a clean sheet to get something back for picking De Gea! :))

Looks like the Arsenal-Liverpool game is on. Ødegaard is back in training, which might mean there's no more covid cases in the squad – just injuries.

skysports-arsenal-liverpool_5644235.jpg?20220117151135
    The BIG game is on.......... :))

Haven't kept up to date on how many Arsenal players have returned from injury, but in any case I expect a comfortable Liverpool win…
    Congratulations Kicked in Dias

---
    For reasons I will have a lot of time on my hands over the next week, It will give me time to plan my imminent Wild Card.
    Think I need to plan for a wildcard too. Really don't like the look of my team right now…
    Just noticed GW23 is a double Game Week...

bBu171X.png

Burnley v Watford is the extra fixture on Saturday 5th February.

As I already own Dennis I really cant see any point in bringing anyone else in for that extra fixture. Dennis was already my captain prior to the update.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 17,241
    After a -4 I'm now on a Watford triple! Already own Dennis and Foster, and bringing in King as a gamble to try and catch up with my money league rival. The -4 was to bring in Foden for City's upcoming run of games.

I have no plan beyond this gameweek though, and as things look now, I might end up with a gameweek 24 wildcard. Plenty of money in the bank though, so I can bring in any player I want right now – including Salah.
    After a -4 I'm now on a Watford triple! Already own Dennis and Foster, and bringing in King as a gamble to try and catch up with my money league rival. The -4 was to bring in Foden for City's upcoming run of games.

I have no plan beyond this gameweek though, and as things look now, I might end up with a gameweek 24 wildcard. Plenty of money in the bank though, so I can bring in any player I want right now – including Salah.

I ended up banking a transfer I can understand your moves as a way of gaining points, my recent double GW players have often scored worse than single GW players which put me off bringing in Watford players I will want to get rid of shortly after.

I ended up banking a transfer I can understand your moves as a way of gaining points, my recent double GW players have often scored worse than single GW players which put me off bringing in Watford players I will want to get rid of shortly after.

If I wasn't so far behind my rival, I would definitely bank a transfer and target next gameweek instead. Many will target the double, so you're in a good position for next gameweek already!

As I already had two Watford players, the upside of owning three was too tempting. Time will tell if it works out. Only Foster is likely to stay in my team of the three players though, and I will likely drop Dennis and King as soon as possible. They're all cheap though, so I can bench them if I can't prioritise replacing them.
    Here are the gameweek 22 captaincy picks!
    Dennis: 9
    Alexander-Arnold: 3
    Cancelo: 3
    King: 2
    Ronaldo: 2
    Kane: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Jota: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Bernardo: 1
    Martinelli: 1

We have a long list of captaincy picks this gameweek. With several good option both with and without a double gameweek, that's not surprising. Neither is it surprising that our most captained player is a player with a double gameweek; Dennis is captained by 9 managers. Good luck everyone!
    Captain disaster, Captain disaster Watford taking a battering at home and Dennis sent off X_X

I currently have - 2 points :))
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,341
    Captain disaster, Captain disaster Watford taking a battering at home and Dennis sent off X_X

Me too thanks to Captain RED .... :-O
    Ranieri going going gone ?
    Man Utd v West Ham will be interesting tomorrow.

Me too thanks to Captain RED .... :-O
    Ranieri going going gone ?
    Man Utd v West Ham will be interesting tomorrow.

Yeah must win game for both sides, Ronaldo maybe out of the match another player I have. United are slowly improving they need to put in a performance to beat West Ham.
    I thought I had captained Dennis, but had actually put the armband on King. From what I've read of the match last night I won't expect King to do any more than what he delivered there. On top of that Foster missed the game, which means that my three Watford players have returned 3 points so far in their double…
    I thought I had captained Dennis, but had actually put the armband on King. From what I've read of the match last night I won't expect King to do any more than what he delivered there. On top of that Foster missed the game, which means that my three Watford players have returned 3 points so far in their double…

I listened to Andy on Let's talk FPL as I have been a previous Foster owner I was not so convinced he would start myself Andy had him in his team. I thought the transfer to be a risk, plus I am happy with both my current keepers.

That Watford game was a nightmare. 😂

I listened to Andy on Let's talk FPL as I have been a previous Foster owner I was not so convinced he would start myself Andy had him in his team. I thought the transfer to be a risk, plus I am happy with both my current keepers.

Didn't see that unfortunately, but I already had Foster and it felt like a no-brainer to start him. Oh well. My money league rival don't own Dennis but already own King, and didn't make any transfers this gameweek: at least I won't live in the hope of getting any closer to his rank anytime soon 😂

Didn't see that unfortunately, but I already had Foster and it felt like a no-brainer to start him. Oh well. My money league rival don't own Dennis but already own King, and didn't make any transfers this gameweek: at least I won't live in the hope of getting any closer to his rank anytime soon 😂

Yeah if you already owned him makes sense, I got stung a few times by Foster so influenced my opinion. The recent GW's are so haphazard a Captain fail hardly bothers me currently. The haphazard nature gives me confidence as I have made up some ground during December and January.

Yeah if you already owned him makes sense, I got stung a few times by Foster so influenced my opinion. The recent GW's are so haphazard a Captain fail hardly bothers me currently. The haphazard nature gives me confidence as I have made up some ground during December and January.

Indeed, the way things are now anything can happen, and making big jumps in the overall rank if getting a few decisions right is definitely possible. Because everyone is struggling getting decisions right now.

Indeed, the way things are now anything can happen, and making big jumps in the overall rank if getting a few decisions right is definitely possible. Because everyone is struggling getting decisions right now.

Soon as Salah returns and things get back to normal we all will be in template country again I suspect. Though with do many Double GW's there are still maybe rank jumps to capatalise on.
    Ronaldo passed fit and starts for United thankfully.

Soon as Salah returns and things get back to normal we all will be in template country again I suspect. Though with do many Double GW's there are still maybe rank jumps to capatalise on.

Yes! The variance will no doubt be how easily managers can find a way to bring Salah back and how they will target the upcoming doubles. I expect points and gameweek ranks to be quite volatile in this period.

Ronaldo passed fit and starts for United thankfully.

Seeing the lineup I kinda regret replacing him with King, but on the other hand I would likely have captained Dennis if I'd left Ronaldo in my team…
    Stalemate at Old Trafford Ronaldo not getting much service, 20 minutes to go. My worst GW ever incoming 😂
    Rashford with very late winner get in. Huge win for resurgent United with regards to top four race.
    De Gea on my bench is currently my highest scoring player…

Ouch hopefully Foster won't appear in second game.

The next Watford game isn't until 5 February, so I expect he will be.

Another drawn out GW, not even sure what this International break is for.

Another drawn out GW, not even sure what this International break is for.

The upside of the break, whether it's a good idea or not, is that we might see more squads return to normal, which again might make it easier for us playing FPL!