The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Feyador wrote: »
    With Son out, and Dennis missing parts of the gameweek, I'm down to two DGW players…
    Have you put together a free hit team? Just to see if it might be worth it ....

Not yet, but the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards using the Free Hit later. There are so many late postponements as well, so you can never be sure which gameweek is worth using a chip…

Gunners playing in all white today in F. A. Cup for a great cause against knife crime No More Red.

1241284_1241284_arsenal-nomorered.jpg

It's always nice to see clubs making initiatives like this.

Arsenal were horrible tonight. Expect their good run might come to an end now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Everton's match against Leicester at Goodison Park, on Tuesday 11 January, has regrettably been postponed

I have two players in that game, more points lost.
    Everton's match against Leicester at Goodison Park, on Tuesday 11 January, has regrettably been postponed

I have two players in that game, more points lost.

It's becoming really difficult to make informed decisions now. It's almost a gamble to have a transfer plan at all, because games might be cancelled after the deadline. All we can do is to try and navigate through the gameweeks the best we can, and hope for a bit of luck along the way!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,271
    I had three players in the Southampton v Brentford game and got zero points from them how the hell did that happen. Free Hit Chip has been a disaster.
    I had three players in the Southampton v Brentford game and got zero points from them how the hell did that happen. Free Hit Chip has been a disaster.

Who did you own for that game?

Brentford Keeper and Defender and Toney unable to get on FPL site at moment. I am likely to do nothing this double GW, save chips for a more reliable GW down the line. Just remembered this was not a Free Hit Chip it was the week before, I have lost track of what is going on :))

Edited: Got on the website the App is not working, I tell a lie I did Free hit with active GW. Still wont do anything next GW, not worth the risk of other postponed games player out etc.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 17,272

Brentford Keeper and Defender and Toney unable to get on FPL site at moment. I am likely to do nothing this double GW, save chips for a more reliable GW down the line. Just remembered this was not a Free Hit Chip it was the week before, I have lost track of what is going on :))

Edited: Got on the website the App is not working, I tell a lie I did Free hit with active GW. Still wont do anything next GW, not worth the risk of other postponed games player out etc.

Ah, I see. Would have expected Brentford assets to maybe deliver something in that match.

Really not sure what to do re. chips. I got six flagged players right now, so I might have to consider the FH even though I could see the benefit of saving it.

Edit: Looks like you're not the only one who had issues logging into the site:

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,352
    Philippe Coutinho: Aston Villa sign Barcelona midfielder on loan until the end of the season
    I wonder what his price will be.....$6.0 - $6.5 ?
    I'd guess higher, maybe 7.0 - 7.5 ...
    Tripper has come in at 5 FWIW
    But more importantly Son is injured and will miss GW22 ...

Good guess, 7.0 for Philippe Coutinho Correia.

Ah, I see. Would have expected Brentford assets to maybe deliver something in that match.

Really not sure what to do re. chips. I got six flagged players right now, so I might have to consider the FH even though I could see the benefit of saving it.

I currently have five flagged players, I am tempted to hit my Wildcard though that's kind of me ignoring the Double GW, so maybe best to give it one more week. I am not going to go chasing points trying to squeeze Double GW players into my team that will not work out long term.

Edited: Just made one sub, son out for a single GW player, now I am sweating on Dennis and Ronaldo my front 2 players.

I have a decent Green Arrow and getting closer to the top 500'000, though with the cancelled games I really have missed out on points that my Free Hit could have given me... its irritating.
    Our first double gameweek is over, and for many of us it was a gameweek to target. Unfortunately there were post deadline postponements, which meant that popular players to target, such as Clavert-Lewin and Gray only got one game. The gameweek average of 46 points is therefore a bit low for a double gameweek, but considering the amount of managers that took hits in order to bring in players it's not surprising. Neither is is surprising to see a great gap in points; those that managed to target the right players got some really good scores. Best in our league was �, scoring impressive 92 points, and an overall gameweek rank of 67 511. Congratulations! =D>

ud3HyTQ.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    League table standings

1. FC Nostromo: GW 86 - TOT 1384
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 89 - TOT 1343
    3. CSAC: GW 76 - TOT 1246
    4. Incredible XI: GW 76 - TOT 1212
    5. Team Extreme: GW 71 - TOT 1203
    6. MEJICO POWA: GW 71 - TOT 1198
    7. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 40 - TOT 1186
    8. Kicked in Dias: GW 41 - TOT 1172
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 62 - TOT 1160
    10. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 74 - TOT 1145
    11. Charlton Pathetic: GW 71 - TOT 1129
    12. Cremonese-Killen: GW 36 - TOT 1112
    13. �: GW 92 - TOT 1107
    14. أبو كاتم :GW 42 – TOT 1097
    15. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 40 - TOT 1096
    16. The Vardy Boyz: GW 45 - TOT 1092
    17. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 41 - TOT 1092
    18. Anfield FC: GW 28 - TOT 1077
    19. Bad gang XI: GW 45 - TOT 1066
    20. Liverpool Richmond: GW 83 - TOT 1055
    21. on the throne: GW 69 - TOT 1019
    22. Benny's Blues: GW 50 - TOT 989
    23. Red Warriors: GW 48 - TOT 935
    24. The Best: GW 83 - TOT 923
    25. GoldyThe Ref: GW 24 - TOT 903
    26. Lucky Ducks: GW 35 - TOT 883
    27. CFC: GW 24 - TOT 805
    28. United Team: GW 26 - TOT 728
    ________

Remember there's a Friday night game tomorrow. The deadline is 18:30 UK time!
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 17,272

I currently have five flagged players, I am tempted to hit my Wildcard though that's kind of me ignoring the Double GW, so maybe best to give it one more week. I am not going to go chasing points trying to squeeze Double GW players into my team that will not work out long term.

Edited: Just made one sub, son out for a single GW player, now I am sweating on Dennis and Ronaldo my front 2 players.

I have a decent Green Arrow and getting closer to the top 500'000, though with the cancelled games I really have missed out on points that my Free Hit could have given me... its irritating.

Dennis is back in training, according to Watford's official site.

Still pondering what to do myself. Like you, I'm likely to transfer out Son; he's too expensive to have on the bench. If Dennis is likely to feature, I won't target bringing in a replacement for him, rather focussing on the other flagged players in my team.

I feel your frustration! Navigating these last few gameweeks have been very challenging, and have been more down to luck given the amount of games postponed over this period. I still have my Free Hits, though with these postponements in mind I'm really not sure when to use it.

Still pondering what to do myself. Like you, I'm likely to transfer out Son; he's too expensive to have on the bench. If Dennis is likely to feature, I won't target bringing in a replacement for him, rather focussing on the other flagged players in my team.

I feel your frustration! Navigating these last few gameweeks have been very challenging, and have been more down to luck given the amount of games postponed over this period. I still have my Free Hits, though with these postponements in mind I'm really not sure when to use it.

The gunners did well today mostly with only 10 players against a decent Liverpool squad.
    Second leg next week will be interesting.
    Congratulations �

---

Burnley v Leicester is now postponed I have Maddison, bye bye another Double GW player.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Another GW mess ... who's got time to monitor things hour by hour!

The gunners did well today mostly with only 10 players against a decent Liverpool squad.
    Second leg next week will be interesting.

Still think Liverpool will win this comfortably. Arsenal played above their level defending last night…
    Congratulations �

---

Burnley v Leicester is now postponed I have Maddison, bye bye another Double GW player.

I doubt the FA will grant a postponement for Arsenal, but they've made an application to the Premier League to postpone Sunday’s game against Sp*rs.

Another GW mess ... who's got time to monitor things hour by hour!

Still don't know what to do! :((
    I have made one transfer a free one, that's me done the way things are going :))
    Brought in Ronaldo and Mount for a -4. Really not sure about either of them, but I can only hope that they get two games to deliver. I think I mistakenly ended up with Dennis (C)…
    Here are the gameweek 22 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 5
    Ronaldo: 5
    Dennis: 5
    Alexander-Arnold: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Bowen: 1
    Mount: 1
    Antonio: 1
    Trossard: 1
    Jota: 1
    Bernardo: 1
    King: 1
    Lukaku: 1
    Alonso: 1

With postponements and games in doubt, it's just as difficult to pick a captain as it is to decide which transfers to make. On top of that it's a difficult gameweek fixture wise, so it's not surprising to see a longer captaincy list. It's not surprising that players with two games tops the list either; Kane, Ronaldo and Dennis are backed by three managers each. Good luck everyone!
    Ronaldo not in squad... Great. I hope he misses both games now. No Rashford in squad either.

Dennis is my vice Captain I did have armband on him for a while and switched to Ronny. Dennis not getting any extra points so far though..

Gallagher on my bench with 9 points is a blessing, he will come in for Dias who blanked.

I will be happy with 40 points the way this GW is going, the City v Chelsea game was always going to hamper my points owning so many players from those teams.

Only just noticed North London Derby called off. I did consider Kane.
    Happy for Arsenal that the game was called off. The FA rule is there to be exploited by teams though, which it looks like Arsenal have benefitted from.

My -4 for Ronaldo and Mount certainly looks like the worst moves yet this season. Would be better off doing nothing at all.
    Happy for Arsenal that the game was called off. The FA rule is there to be exploited by teams though, which it looks like Arsenal have benefitted from.

My -4 for Ronaldo and Mount certainly looks like the worst moves yet this season. Would be better off doing nothing at all.

Yeah I was reluctant to do anything other than one free transfer, there will be Double GW down the line to benefit more from.

Yeah I was reluctant to do anything other than one free transfer, there will be Double GW down the line to benefit more from.

Looks like you made a good decision there! My plan B was Son to Fernandes…

Did you get Fernandes or was that the Ronaldo alternative?

2 goals today from Bruno, after this GW I will likely sell Ronaldo and stay away from United players, this run of games were supposed be the easier fixtures 😂 We have no chance of top four now.

2 goals today from Bruno, after this GW I will likely sell Ronaldo and stay away from United players, this run of games were supposed be the easier fixtures 😂 We have no chance of top four now.

Went for Ronaldo…

Ronaldo and De Gea are not likely to stay long in my team either, but I have no plan for when to replace them. With all these postponements there are likely other fires to put out as well.

Went for Ronaldo…

Ronaldo and De Gea are not likely to stay long in my team either, but I have no plan for when to replace them. With all these postponements there are likely other fires to put out as well.

I went for Ronaldo as well. Shame he didn't play in the first game.
    Maybe he plays at Brentford ? They need him.

Rafael Benitez Everton sack manager, rooney in ?

Arsenal vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final Thursday.
    I wonder if the gunners line up for this ?

Went for Ronaldo…

Certainly hope he does! With the Burnley-Watford game off I need all the points I can get, haha!

Throughout the day I've seen several reports linking Roberto Martínez with a return to Everton. A bit surprising given he's not managed a club side for some time, but stranger things have happened before.

The clash against Liverpool is still a doubt, from what I've read. Arsenal are loaning out Pablo Marí now too, so that's yet another player short for the game…
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,352

Went for Ronaldo…

Certainly hope he does! With the Burnley-Watford game off I need all the points I can get, haha!

Throughout the day I've seen several reports linking Roberto Martínez with a return to Everton. A bit surprising given he's not managed a club side for some time, but stranger things have happened before.

The clash against Liverpool is still a doubt, from what I've read. Arsenal are loaning out Pablo Marí now too, so that's yet another player short for the game…

Hopefully get some chelski points tomorrow 🙌.......none

Hopefully get some sp$rs and man u points tomorrow ?🐱‍🏍

Arsenal vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final Thursday still on, atm ?
    Ronaldo starts for United, hoping for some captain points [-O<

Went for Ronaldo…

Hopefully get some chelski points tomorrow 🙌.......none

Hopefully get some sp$rs and man u points tomorrow ?🐱‍🏍

Arsenal vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final Thursday still on, atm ?

Wouldn't mind a clean sheet to get something back for picking De Gea! :))

Looks like the Arsenal-Liverpool game is on. Ødegaard is back in training, which might mean there's no more covid cases in the squad – just injuries.
    Daka scores for Leicester v Spurs not sure who got the assist. Hope it's Maddisson