The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

I transferred King out to get Dennis in which was kind of a side ways move.

I'm thinking the same. A lot of stats suggests King to be the better choice, yet Dennis is the one that brings in the points. His ownership is high enough now to affect my rank, so it might just be best to do it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Well my Bruno Captain failed and watching how United played going forward its not going to suit Bruno. I can't see me hanging on to him for to long.

I felt before the Norwich game United could have quite a few 1 - 0 wins in the short term whilst the players adjust.
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Well my Bruno Captain failed and watching how United played going forward its not going to suit Bruno. I can't see me hanging on to him for to long.

I felt before the Norwich game United could have quite a few 1 - 0 wins in the short term whilst the players adjust.

There's a lot of good midfielder options, so replacing Bruno shouldn't be difficult!

Good point. I'm tempted by Ronaldo, but not sure if I want to tear my team apart to get him in just yet.*

*Watch him score a hat-trick next game!
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited December 2021 Posts: 721
    Ronaldo might have two or three yesterday and even missed a great chance from a pass by Rashford late in the game. Both he and DDG got three bonus points and, not coincidentally, both look the best MU FPL assets going forward. With Salah at AFCON Ronaldo might become the best captain option. Dalot, too, looks a good (ie. cheap) defender option going forward. But Fernandes is way too expensive .... with Mount, Bernardo and (soon) Son much better options, I think.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Maddisson delivering for me though think it may be time to transfer out Antonio.
    Maddisson delivering for me though think it may be time to transfer out Antonio.

Congrats, big day for Maddison owners. I'd always doubted him ...

... and my faith in Antonio is being severely tested. Watched the WHU game and he offered little going forward. FPL aside, Declan Rice is a phenomenal player, $100 million in the transfer market, I'd bet ....
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,105
    Feyador wrote: »

Congrats, big day for Maddison owners. I'd always doubted him ...

... and my faith in Antonio is being severely tested. Watched the WHU game and he offered little going forward. FPL aside, Declan Rice is a phenomenal player, $100 million in the transfer market, I'd bet ....

I watched some of the Leicester game though before then I was watching the incredible finale to the F1 season what a race and ending.

I heard West Ham maybe going in for Origi in January as back up to Antonio.

Hoping Gallagher can do something for Palace.

Ruing taking the captaincy off Salah and forgetting to switch back as I got a half decent score this GW.
    Gallagher goal get in, good GW continues.

Antonio and Bruno the only 2 outfield players that did not deliver for me..

Covid outbreak at Manchester United.
    Oh, no ... no names yet. Covid hospitalizations on the rise again here in Montreal.

Gallaghet has just saved my game week. With Will Hughes playing from the start Gallagher was playing further forward again.
    Two goals from Gallagher, him and Maddison made up for my captain fail.
    I was thoroughly entertained by the Champions League draw(s) :))

In a few hours Rangnick is giving a team update so we should know which players are isolating.
    Oh, no ... no names yet.
    ... but in the meantime Gallaghet has just saved my game week

In a few hours Rangnick is giving a team update so we should know which players are isolating.

Tomorrow's game will most-likely be cancelled ... possibly others this week, too. Chaos ahead, I fear.
    Oh, no ... no names yet.
    ... but in the meantime Gallaghet has just saved my game week

Tomorrow's game will most-likely be cancelled ... possibly others this week, too. Chaos ahead, I fear.

United discussions with Premier League now due to training ground being shut down and health of player and staff a priority, it will likely not go ahead. Will need to transfer out Bruno asap once I know for sure. I have quite a few flagged players.
    As things stand Brentford v United is on, United want it cancelled due to not training, the word is the Premier League want it to go ahead, if cancelled there could be a snowball effect with other games also.
    I hope so, from a selfish perspective. But, yeah, the calendar is quite tight already.
    Brentford v United postponed

Just occured to me as well as having Bruno and players flagged I now have no keepers.

This has messed up my immediate plans going to have to take a hit.
    Highest number of Covid infections in Premier League this week since the pandemic started, UK government considering playing games behind closed doors again.
    Waiting until the deadline and then probably bringing in Martinez for De Gea. I'll have only the flagged Livramento as a possible bench replacement in the case of rotation elsewhere or other postponed games.
    I brought in Mount and Ederson which may be in vain as I am hearing that a few other games maybe called off. reality is most of our teams are going to get decimated sooner or later. Having my worst season so taking gambles does not bother me got nothing to lose.
    I brought in Mount and Ederson which may be in vain as I am hearing that a few other games maybe called off. reality is most of our teams are going to get decimated sooner or later. Having my worst season so taking gambles does not bother me got nothing to lose.

Martinez because by deadline at least I'll know the Aston Villa game will be played. Back in the Top 10k and having my best season so far ... so playing cautiously.
    FPL is becoming increasingly difficult! Have no idea whatsoever what to do with my team this gameweek…
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Hardly have time to put the gameweek 16 update before we have another deadline tonight! Gameweek 16 was a gameweek that saw huge swings in points, where owning players like Dennis, Gallagher and Maddison was rewarded with 9, 15, and 16 points respectively. Our gameweek 16 winner Team Extreme own all of them, and managed a vey good score of 88 points. Congratulations! =D>

fNnzMiE.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme

League table standings:

1. FC Nostromo: GW 79 - TOT 1090
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 61 - TOT 1042
    3. CSAC: GW 85 - TOT 985
    4. MEJICO POWA: GW 78 - TOT 977
    5. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 82 - TOT 936
    6. Cremonese-Killen: GW 80 - TOT 928
    7 .¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 63 - TOT 919
    8. Kicked in Dias: GW 71 - TOT 915
    9. Incredible XI: GW 60 - TOT 913
    10. Team Extreme: GW 88 - TOT 911
    11. أبو كاتم: GW 43 – TOT 905
    12. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 64 - TOT 879
    13. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 82 - TOT 876
    14. The Vardy Boyz: GW 66 - TOT 866
    15. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 71 - TOT 854
    16. �: GW 77 - TOT 841
    17. Charlton Pathetic: GW 54 - TOT 841
    18. Bad gang XI: GW 67 - TOT 834
    19. Anfield FC: GW 52 - TOT 827
    20. Liverpool Richmond: GW 73 - TOT 800
    21. on the throne: GW 72 - TOT 796
    22. Benny's Blues: GW 69 - TOT 733
    23. Lucky Ducks: GW 41 - TOT 731
    24. Red Warriors: GW 57 - TOT 727
    25. GoldyThe Ref: GW 49 - TOT 721
    26. The Best: GW 44 - TOT 679
    27. CFC: GW 63 - TOT 621
    28. United Team: GW 35 - TOT 535
    _________
    Remember the 18:15 deadline!

Martinez because by deadline at least I'll know the Aston Villa game will be played. Back in the Top 10k and having my best season so far ... so playing cautiously.

That's good going my highest position was 16K after about 30 games. I had a terrible start, to be honest most of my decisions this season have been pretty reckless.
    Hardly have time to put the gameweek 16 update before we have another deadline tonight! Gameweek 16 was a gameweek that saw huge swings in points, where owning players like Dennis, Gallagher and Maddison was rewarded with 9, 15, and 16 points respectively. Our gameweek 16 winner Team Extreme own all of them, and managed a vey good score of 88 points. Congratulations! =D>

fNnzMiE.png
    Gameweek winners:

League table standings:

_________

Thank you, even if I am having a shocker of a season glad I have managed a few GW win's, its a good motivation to keep going.
    City scoring goals for fun, I did consider KDB ~X(
    7 - 0 crikey 6 minutes to go, record books in site for City.

fNnzMiE.png
    Gameweek winners:

League table standings:

_________

Thank you, even if I am having a shocker of a season glad I have managed a few GW win's, its a good motivation to keep going.[/quote]

In the money league I'm competing in, we have monthly prizes as well as the overall winner prize. That makes it easier to make an effort if you've had a bad start and fallen behind – because everyone can manage a run of good scores, no matter their overall rank.
    7 - 0 crikey 6 minutes to go, record books in site for City.

Really good game by City. Really glad I kept Foden. Why was Bernardo taken off? Didn't catch the start of the second half.
    Here are the gameweek 17 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 19
    Dennis: 2
    Alexander-Arnold: 2
    Grealish: 1
    King: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Robertson: 1
    Ronaldo: 1

Salah is yet again (unsurprisingly) our most captained player. With fewer option to choose from given the postponed games, it's a safe bet to place the armband on him. We have some interesting differential picks too, such as Watford's Dennis and King. Good luck everyone!
    Don't have BT Sport so not watched the game, only 12 points for me from City Ederson and Dias though better than nothing. Wish I had taken a risk on a midfielder though Pep roulette always makes me hesitant.
    Don't have BT Sport so not watched the game, only 12 points for me from City Ederson and Dias though better than nothing. Wish I had taken a risk on a midfielder though Pep roulette always makes me hesitant.

12 points from Foden and Bernardo for me. Bernardo's early sub just shows how difficult the Pep roulette is. There are plenty of good midfielders to choose from, so it's not like a City mid is a must.