The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Looking at the mini leagues I am in its not been a good start at all, desperately need a haul from Bruno today. Looking forward to the game hopefully Sancho will start not sure Varane will.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Just made a transfer, dud not realise I had money in the bank.

Watching Brighton v Watford, I am interested to see how good Watford are.

Already? I'm trying to wait as long as possible with transfers myself. Hope price rises won't be an issue in the meantime.

Got Diaz in Zinchenko out, baffled as to why I did not have Diaz already with money in the bank, been a long few weeks tired brain must have not been paying attention. Got a week off now so can focus on my team.

Dias should be a good option going forward. Haven't thought of City assets after their loss to Sp*rs, but have to consider some of them soon. Got two free transfers, so I have the option of making a single transfer, two, or even a mini wildcard.

My strategy is three City defenders for a while, each week one may be rested or two. Though City get so many clean sheets it's worth it. I need to have a plan for Tmiskas though for when Robertson is back. That's probably why I kept money in the bank lol

Three City defenders could be a good differential strategy, as their attacking assets are more likely to get rotated. You should probably have a plan for transferring one out though, should one of their midfielders become an option (De Bruyne, for example).

I'm in the same boat re. Tsimikas. Will probably bench him against Chelsea, then find a replacement. Jota is tempting, but rotation is an issue.

Not watching the game Brighton-Watford game. Will keep an eye on who does well in this match though. The cheaper midfielders will be important this season, since we need the funds to get the premiums we want.

Watford I think will get destroyed away from home against the top teams, been quite poor.

I will definitely get Bissouma in at his price when I can.

Definitely something to keep in mind when choosing who to captain!

Of the 4.5's, Bissouma is probably one of the most likely to be involved in goals. Could even be a starting option if the fixtures are good.
    Potter deserves a big job, Brighton are a solid premiership team.

The job Graham Potter did at Östersund was incredible, and is not mentioned enough. The promotions he secured the team, and then leading them into the Europa League group stages in 2017 (even beating Arsenal at the Emirates), is something I think many PL managers would struggle to manage. If he keeps delivering results with Brighton, he might be in for a bigger job very soon.

Norwegian team? I had no idea he had done that previous to Brighton.

No, Swedish. He took them from the fourth tier all the way up to Allsvenskan (first tier), for the first time in the club's history, where they finished their first season in eight place. He also managed to win Svenska Cupen (the Swedish equivalent of the FA Cup) in 2017. What he managed to do with that club is no doubt his greatest achievement so far! More so than keeping Brighton in the Prem, IMO.
    Just made a transfer, dud not realise I had money in the bank.

Watching Brighton v Watford, I am interested to see how good Watford are.

Already? I'm trying to wait as long as possible with transfers myself. Hope price rises won't be an issue in the meantime.

Got Diaz in Zinchenko out, baffled as to why I did not have Diaz already with money in the bank, been a long few weeks tired brain must have not been paying attention. Got a week off now so can focus on my team.

Dias should be a good option going forward. Haven't thought of City assets after their loss to Sp*rs, but have to consider some of them soon. Got two free transfers, so I have the option of making a single transfer, two, or even a mini wildcard.

My strategy is three City defenders for a while, each week one may be rested or two. Though City get so many clean sheets it's worth it. I need to have a plan for Tmiskas though for when Robertson is back. That's probably why I kept money in the bank lol

Three City defenders could be a good differential strategy, as their attacking assets are more likely to get rotated. You should probably have a plan for transferring one out though, should one of their midfielders become an option (De Bruyne, for example).

I'm in the same boat re. Tsimikas. Will probably bench him against Chelsea, then find a replacement. Jota is tempting, but rotation is an issue.

Not watching the game Brighton-Watford game. Will keep an eye on who does well in this match though. The cheaper midfielders will be important this season, since we need the funds to get the premiums we want.

Watford I think will get destroyed away from home against the top teams, been quite poor.

I will definitely get Bissouma in at his price when I can.

Definitely something to keep in mind when choosing who to captain!

Of the 4.5's, Bissouma is probably one of the most likely to be involved in goals. Could even be a starting option if the fixtures are good.
    Potter deserves a big job, Brighton are a solid premiership team.

The job Graham Potter did at Östersund was incredible, and is not mentioned enough. The promotions he secured the team, and then leading them into the Europa League group stages in 2017 (even beating Arsenal at the Emirates), is something I think many PL managers would struggle to manage. If he keeps delivering results with Brighton, he might be in for a bigger job very soon.

Tsimikas did well again but Robbo is back from injury,on the bench.

I read what Potter did at Östersund and it was impressive.
    We need some more English managers in the EPL especially with the big clubs.

Salah and Callum wilson owners unlucky this week.
    Bj8e.gif

Yes, won't expect Tsimikas to get many more minutes now, unfortunately. I'll probably just keep him on the bench until I can spare a transfer to bring in someone else.

What Graham Potter did at Östersund ultimately landed him the Swansea job, before moving on to Brighton. I don't think seeking opportunities abroad is a bad idea for coaching talent, just like it is for young, talented players. If you look at the names managing clubs in the Championship and further down the league system, there are a lot of the same guys just switching jobs from one club to another. It won't necessarily be easy for an up and coming head coach to make his way into one of these teams. Do well abroad, and that might lead to some interesting jobs in the English league system, just as it did for Potter. And as we've seen, he's done well too.

I had Fernandes as my captain until Thursday evening, when I found myself thinking Salah could be an interesting pick, at home in the first game with fans back. Shouldn't have let that small factor have impacted my thinking. He did score of course, but the offside was the difference between a good gameweek and a bad one…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Sancho and Varane on bench, Lindelof after last weeks good performance keeps his place. Greenwood, Bruno, Martial, Pogba, Shaw, AWB and Maguire all start.

Interesting Arsenal so far the biggest spenders this Transfer window according to SKY.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Captain Bruno 👍
    Kane on the bench for Spurs.
    Reports Ben white is ill and not involved today.
    Sancho and Varane on bench, Lindelof after last weeks good performance keeps his place. Greenwood, Bruno, Martial, Pogba, Shaw, AWB and Maguire all start.

Interesting Arsenal so far the biggest spenders this Transfer window according to SKY.

Yet none of their most expensive transfers features against Chelsea…

Not sure what to make of Ramsdale there are better keepers around than him.

Yes, and the price Arsenal paid is ridiculous. The same with the Ben White transfer fee.

Yes, and the price Arsenal paid is ridiculous. The same with the Ben White transfer fee.

That's the problem with buying English players, over priced.

United not got going at all in early stages of his game.
    Trying to adjust my eyes to Man United third kit :))

United go very close cleared off the line.
    Spurs go 1 up Alli pen, I need a clean sheet from Spurs for some points off the bench from Tanganga.
    Adams scores for Southampton typical, United have had chances though need to step it up.

Bruno yellow card.

Wicked deflection for the goal, De Gea had no chance.

Edited: Fred own goal Adams was shooting well wide.
    Free kick in a dangerous area for United, come on Bruno... Misses :))

A lot of sloppy play from United, I blame the kits.

This game is set up for Sancho to come on and save the game.

Tanganga Yellow card great.
    Thank god Greenwood goal, Pogba assist.

Sancho about to come on with 35 minutes to go, Martial likely to go off.
    De Gea to the rescue Maguire got caught in possession great save.

United been very sloppy despite dominating, very plodding and slow at times.

Maguire yellow card, free kick in Ward Prowse territory.

If United lose this game its there own fault, way too many unforced errors.

Typically Ole is sat down saying and doing very little to get his team firing.

Lukaku starts for Chelsea.

Don't care about FPL points now, just want any United player to score.

Lingard coming on with 5 minutes to go, whats the point.

AWB yellow card.

Southampton have battled though United really should have won this game, points dropped.

They do put some additional millions on the transfer fees for English players, that's for sure. Not surprising of course, as every team needs a certain amount of English players in their squads.

Didn't follow the Southampton-United match as I fully expected Bruno to get a result similar to that of last weekend. Really surprised (and relieved) that my Salah captain pick didn't backfire more than it did!

They do put some additional millions on the transfer fees for English players, that's for sure. Not surprising of course, as every team needs a certain amount of English players in their squads.

Didn't follow the Southampton-United match as I fully expected Bruno to get a result similar to that of last weekend. Really surprised (and relieved) that my Salah captain pick didn't backfire more than it did!

Matic and Fred did not work in the middle, we need a new CDM so Pogba can drop back. I would take Bissouma over Mctominay, Fred or Matic.

Hoping Arsenal can get something from this game.
    Lukaku goal

Matic and Fred did not work in the middle, we need a new CDM so Pogba can drop back. I would take Bissouma over Mctominay, Fred or Matic.

Bissouma would be a great signing for any prem team, I think. Arsenal could also need a player like that.
    Lukaku goal

As expected. Won't be surprised if Chelsea win this with four, five or even six goals. Arsenal are that bad.
    All to easy for Chelsea at the moment.
    Great team goal, nice bit of skill from Havertz to start it.

Bissouma would be a great signing for any prem team, I think. Arsenal could also need a player like that.
    Lukaku goal

As expected. Won't be surprised if Chelsea win this with four, five or even six goals. Arsenal are that bad.

Definitely in danger of a hammering here.

Lukaku goal

It's already happening :(

Couldn't watch any more; there's no point watching a game like this. City up next, so Arsenal will be bottom of the league going into the international break.

Lukaku goal

Couldn't watch any more; there's no point watching a game like this. City up next, so Arsenal will be bottom of the league going into the international break.

Arsenal finished the first half a little better, get an early goal now and you never know.
    Better by Arsenal, Tierny sparked them into life. You can unsettle Chelsea if you get at them.
    Good chance for Arsenal, Holding should have scored.
    Saka off Aubameyang on.

Lukaku goal

Arsenal finished the first half a little better, get an early goal now and you never know.

No goalscorers on the pitch for Arsenal though. Can't see Arsenal getting anything from this game.

Lukaku goal

No goalscorers on the pitch for Arsenal though. Can't see Arsenal getting anything from this game.

Scoring goals this season looks like its going to be an issue.