The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Hit my Wildcard.

Already? Why?

Lukaku and not happy with 5 of my players at least :))

Seems a bit early given that we have so few games played. I get that targeting Lukaku vs Arsenal is tempting, but is it worth popping the wildcard for? 39 points and counting isn't bad, and you could get Lukaku only by making two transfers.

Too late already done though will not go for Lukaku yet. Don't like my team so acted quickly.

At least Salah has delivered today as Captain.
    Hit my Wildcard.

Already? Why?

Seems a bit early given that we have so few games played. I get that targeting Lukaku vs Arsenal is tempting, but is it worth popping the wildcard for? 39 points and counting isn't bad, and you could get Lukaku only by making two transfers.

Too late already done though will not go for Lukaku yet. Don't like my team so acted quickly.

I think your gameweek 1 team looked good! 64 points at the time of writing, with Cancelo, Gündogan and Wilson left to play can give you a great gameweek 1 rank. And many of us have teams without City, which will force us to make transfers if we want to have City cover against Norwich next weekend.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Hit my Wildcard.

Already? Why?

I think your gameweek 1 team looked good! 64 points at the time of writing, with Cancelo, Gündogan and Wilson left to play can give you a great gameweek 1 rank. And many of us have teams without City, which will force us to make transfers if we want to have City cover against Norwich next weekend.

Still had a few duds in my team I needed to shift immediately, also panicked not owner TAA.
    Hit my Wildcard.

Already? Why?

Still had a few duds in my team I needed to shift immediately, also panicked not owner TAA.

An Arsenal player aside. which duds? Out of these players, it's only Martial and maybe Maddison I'd be a bit worried about. Not owning Alexander-Arnold might be risky, but as long as Tsimikas is an option (he had a few good crosses last night), you could go without.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Day off looking forward to todays games, assuming I can stay awake lol

Willock shown to the crowd, I still don't get why Arsenal sold him?

Hoping for some C. Wilson returns [-O< FPL Gods don't let me down.
    Get in Wilson scores wooooooooooo!

Good work by Saint Maxim left Rice for dead.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,235
    Day off looking forward to todays games, assuming I can stay awake lol

Willock shown to the crowd, I still don't get why Arsenal sold him?

Hoping for some C. Wilson returns [-O< FPL Gods don't let me down.

Arsenal desperately need the money, and he's the only player that they could get money for. They've sold one of very few creative players in their squad though, but it isn't uncommon for Arsenal to sell they players they shouldn't have sold. Martínez have played like a man on a mission since leaving Arsenal. They wouldn't have lost the game against Brentford with him in goal.
    Antonio with returns despite missed penalty. Been a entertaining game hopefully Wilson will score again. 20 minutes to go.
    No Kane in Spurs squad.

Grealish starts.
    There have been reports that Kane may stay for another season at Spurs. Who is going to want him at 29 in a year's time and his price will drop. Spurs need to sell now surely.

Harry should never have signed that long term contract.
    Spurs stadium is rocking, great having crowds back.
    Antonio with returns despite missed penalty. Been a entertaining game hopefully Wilson will score again. 20 minutes to go.

Happy with my Antonio + Benrahma picks. Those two and Barnes were the gameweek 1 picks I was most unsure about. Don't know what to do with Barnes though.
    There have been reports that Kane may stay for another season at Spurs. Who is going to want him at 29 in a year's time and his price will drop. Spurs need to sell now surely.

Signing that contract might come back to haunt him. In contrast, Grealish had an agreement in place in his contract which allowed him to go to City.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,340

Happy with my Antonio + Benrahma picks. Those two and Barnes were the gameweek 1 picks I was most unsure about. Don't know what to do with Barnes though.

Signing that contract might come back to haunt him. In contrast, Grealish had an agreement in place in his contract which allowed him to go to City.

Kane signed to get a pay rise.

Salah and Bruno are the saviours for us it seems Fire_and_Ice_Returns ?

Some lucky manager got 112 points...... 👍 :)>-

Full crowds in epl meanwhile here in melbourne empty stadiums for the afl and lockdowns again because of the slow rollout.

Kane signing for 6 years was a bit daft, he shot himself in the foot with that blunder.

City looked very slow v Spurs they are a few weeks away from what we expect, saying that Norwich at home for them next will be welcomed by them. Grealish is a good player though I don't think he was what City needed, time will tell.
    The early season points may rest on good captain picks more than ever.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,340

And a bit of luck.
    Salah and Bruno are the saviours for us it seems, again ?

And a bit of luck.

Both of these will be season keepers barring injury, big risk not having either unless Kane and Lukaku can match them.

And a bit of luck.

Both of these will be season keepers barring injury, big risk not having either unless Kane and Lukaku can match them.

I made the mistake of not picking Salah.

Salah and Bruno are carrying the teams again also.
    Reports are City have bid 150 Million Euro's for Kane.
    Premier League announces 11 positive cases after two rounds of testing...

No names as yet.

Full crowds in epl meanwhile here in melbourne empty stadiums for the afl and lockdowns again because of the slow rollout.

He no doubt did that, but if he had his mind set on leaving Sp*rs, he should at least have had an agreement in place, like the one Grealish had.

Off to a good start, but I was lucky that none of the City boys scored big. That will change next weekend, no doubt.

No full stadiums here in Norway either. Many of us haven't had their second shot yet.

Kane signing for 6 years was a bit daft, he shot himself in the foot with that blunder.

City looked very slow v Spurs they are a few weeks away from what we expect, saying that Norwich at home for them next will be welcomed by them. Grealish is a good player though I don't think he was what City needed, time will tell.

Yes, that's as good a fixture as it gets, on paper. That being said, despite conceding three goals against Liverpool, Norwich looked decent enough. Expect they will be tougher to beat this season.

That's a lot of money to pay for a 28 year-old. Wonder what Haaland's buyout clause is?

No names as yet.

Aubameyang, Lacazette and Rúnarsson are apparently three of the players having tested positive.

He no doubt did that, but if he had his mind set on leaving Sp*rs, he should at least have had an agreement in place, like the one Grealish had.

Off to a good start, but I was lucky that none of the City boys scored big. That will change next weekend, no doubt.

No full stadiums here in Norway either. Many of us haven't had their second shot yet.

Yes, that's as good a fixture as it gets, on paper. That being said, despite conceding three goals against Liverpool, Norwich looked decent enough. Expect they will be tougher to beat this season.

That's a lot of money to pay for a 28 year-old. Wonder what Haaland's buyout clause is?

No names as yet.

Aubameyang, Lacazette and Rúnarsson are apparently three of the players having tested positive.

Haaland's buy out clause is around 60 Million though does not come into effect until next summer, teams will cue up to sign him then. I hope City get Kane as it increases United chances of getting Haaland next year, also Ole has a good relationship with Haaland so you never know.

No names as yet.

Haaland's buy out clause is around 60 Million though does not come into effect until next summer, teams will cue up to sign him then. I hope City get Kane as it increases United chances of getting Haaland next year, also Ole has a good relationship with Haaland so you never know.

Indeed, and with Chelsea signing Lukaku, they might not be in the race to sign him either, which increases United's chances. Could see Real Madrid and Bayern München making a bid as well.
    The season has finally started, which means we have to have a look at how our league did in gameweek 1! Ou gameweek winner was Dinamo Skruknott, scoring 112 points.

NV4RQCV.png

Gameweek 1 was a high scoring gameweek, with an average gameweek score of 69 points. As we see from the league table standings, 15 teams beat the average score. It was also a gameweek where those that owned and captained Salah or Fernandes (or just owning either or both) got off to a good start. Other popular players, such as Antonio and Ings also delivered, which resulted in some really good scores.

Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 112 - TOT 112
    2�: GW 97 - TOT 97
    3. CSAC: GW 96 - TOT 96
    4. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 93 - TOT 93
    5. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 92 - TOT 92
    6. أبو كاتم :GW - TOT 87
    6. Charlton Pathetic: GW 87 - TOT
    8. Lucky Ducks: GW 86 - YOY 86
    9. Incredible XI: GW 85 - TOT 85
    10. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 84 - TOT 84
    10. Team Extreme: GW 84 - TOT 84
    12. MEJICO POWA: GW 83 - TOT 83
    13. Red Warriors: GW 76 - TOT 76
    14. Bad gang XI: GW 75 - TOT 75
    15. Liverpool Richmond: GW 73 - TOT 73
    16. Kicked in Dias: GW 67 - TOT 67
    17. on the throne: GW 66 - TOT 66
    18. Cremonese-Killen: GW 65 - TOT 65
    19. GoldyThe Ref: GW 64 - TOT 64
    20. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 63 - TOT 63
    20. Anfield FC: GW 63 - TOT 63
    22. The Best: GW 46 - TOT 46
    23. Benny's Blues: GW 38 - TOT 38
    24. Insane in the Kane: GW 28 -TOT 28

A side note: I planned on making a new gameweek winner banner for the new season, but haven't had time to do so. I'll see if I can find some time to do it. Also, if there are any suggestions for the thread, please let me know! :)
    Congrats to Dinamo Skruknott, great GW1 haul.

Tinkering with my team, based on GW1 I currently have 5 CF's (6 if you count Salah) in my starting line up.

Tinkering with my team, based on GW1 I currently have 5 CF's (6 if you count Salah) in my starting line up.

How does that 5(6) CF team impact the defence?

It's really down to that the midfielders I have are actually strikers despite FPL classing them otherwise.

It's really down to that the midfielders I have are actually strikers despite FPL classing them otherwise.

But that must be quite a premium midfield, right?

My defence was/is good though changed my team again :))

My defence was/is good though changed my team again :))

That's the issue with playing the wildcard; you think you've settled on a team, just to change your mind quickly afterwards! :))