The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited August 2021 Posts: 17,235
    Arsenal selling Willock makes no sense certainly with how he played at the back end of last season.

Just realised Robertson was in my current draft.

Martínez last season, and Willock this season. You can bet he'll have a great season at Newcastle :))

Replaced Robertson with Shaw in my previous draft to save some cash. I think I'm closing in on a draft that I can start the season with, but it depends on the transfer news throughout the week.

My current draft is without Salah and its a pretty good team lol

Are you considering a non-Salah team?

I am though its a risk with Liverpool's early fixtures, though its whether I can recoup the points elsewhere in my team. Kane and Lukaku will also be a major factor, it will be one of them or Salah for sure.

p.s. I currently have Sterling in my squad... maybe a place holder.

Salah is the only player I haven't touched after making my first draft. He's no doubt my captain in gameweek 1! Juggling the premiums will be really difficult this season, especially if Kane goes to City.

I don't have any City in my current draft. That's really just playing it safe and avoiding the Pep roulette. Anything can happen still though. And about that draft: I got £3.0m in the bank!*

*Could also be £1.0m depending on formation

Gündogan and Lukaku(if signed) might be the only manc or chelsea player i might put in my team.

Any promoted players in your teams ? I don't know much about their players yet.

What do you and other Arsenal fans think of Edu's performance as technical director as he seems to be in charge of signing and selling players ?

I'm tempted by Gündogan. I don't have him in my current draft, but he's great value for a City player. As of now, I don't have any promoted players in my team that I plan on starting (I have Foster on the bench), but I haven't ruled out bringing in one yet. It will depend on the rest of the team.

I'm not sure… He's not been in the position long, and I find it difficult to give an opinion on him – at least until this window closes. So far, it's really just been more of the same really. Arsenal aren't capable to attract the best players any more, and the gap to the teams ahead of them; City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sp*rs is only going to grow.
    Very busy week so had to commit to a squad now, I have decided to ignore Sancho, Kane and Lukaku for now or at least for the first few GW's.

Going with not too many risks early on (perhaps my cheap Goal Keeper) just want a solid start, will remind myself of two seasons ago... be patient and don't take too many hits is my advice to myself.

I could really use the money saved by going Sancho over Fernandes, but the closer to the actual deadline we get, I'm less sure if I want to pick Bruno already from gameweek 1. It's easier to downgrade Bruno than to upgrade Sancho.

I currently have two 4.0 defenders, which feels a bit risky. That's really the only thing about my current draft that isn't sort of safe.

I have one 4.0 defender I suspect its one of the ones you have.

At the moment I am torn by one of my striker options though it will be a case of changing at the last minute if needed.

Just made a minor change to my team, so I'm down to one 4.0 instead of two.

Haven't landed on a striker combination myself either. The ones I have now have been in my drafts a few days though. Still trying to settle on a formation and the final few defender and midfield spots; I'm thinking of price points as much as the players themselves though. I want an easy way to change things up without having to make too many transfers.
    Andy is getting some good guest's on, Chris Sutton was on the other day. In this vid Ben Foster...

Just finished watching that video. Andy has left Fantasy Football Scout, so he's putting all his time into his own channel. Looking good so far!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Lukaku 11.5 million I was expecting a million less.

That's a lot, for sure. He's just had a great season in Italy though, and those in charge of the game will probably use his late inclusion to make things tricky for us playing the game. They have no doubt seen that a lot of managers are making teams with cheaper (and similar) striker spots, and a potential must-have like Lukaku will no doubt make people at least make plans on how to change things up to bring him in.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    According to reports both Aubameyang and Lacazette both out ill for Arsenal for tonight's game v Brentford. White should start tonight.

Watkins carrying a knock, doubtful.

Lukaku isolating not signed in time for opening game.

DCL and Richarlison both in contention, Rodriguez out one of five players that are having to isolate, the others not named.

Henderson may be on bench so Milner may be in midfield and not left back???

Mahrez and Dias likely starters, KDB is training, Foden out for a month. Grealish needs to get up to speed according to Pep.

Kane should start v City.

Sancho will be involved though no word on if he will start. Cavani still out isolating after travel. Henderson and Lingard recovering from C-19.

Bamford and Raphina likely to start.

Not known as to whether Willock was registered before the deadline.

endgame-doctor-strange.gif

• 007InAction007InAction Australia

That's a lot, for sure. He's just had a great season in Italy though, and those in charge of the game will probably use his late inclusion to make things tricky for us playing the game. They have no doubt seen that a lot of managers are making teams with cheaper (and similar) striker spots, and a potential must-have like Lukaku will no doubt make people at least make plans on how to change things up to bring him in.

I wonder how many people will play Bench Boost and Triple Captain this week to try to be first in the rankings ? :))

Arsenal might get Odegaard and Tammy ?
    It's a lock will post my team shortly after finished in gym, gone off template with a few players.

I wonder how many people will play Bench Boost and Triple Captain this week to try to be first in the rankings ? :))

Arsenal might get Odegaard and Tammy ?

Lots, I imagine! Time will tell if that's a good idea or not…

Tammy is going abroad, isn't he? As For Ødegaard, some Norwegian newspapers claims Real Madrid and Arsenal are in talks over a deal. I'm sceptical about that move personally.
    According to reports both Aubameyang and Lacazette both out ill for Arsenal for tonight's game v Brentford. White should start tonight.

Watkins carrying a knock, doubtful.

Lukaku isolating not signed in time for opening game.

DCL and Richarlison both in contention, Rodriguez out one of five players that are having to isolate, the others not named.

Henderson may be on bench so Milner may be in midfield and not left back???

Mahrez and Dias likely starters, KDB is training, Foden out for a month. Grealish needs to get up to speed according to Pep.

Kane should start v City.

Sancho will be involved though no word on if he will start. Cavani still out isolating after travel. Henderson and Lingard recovering from C-19.

Bamford and Raphina likely to start.

Not known as to whether Willock was registered before the deadline.

endgame-doctor-strange.gif

Fell asleep after work, and woke up just 15 mins ago. Not ideal as I planned to spend the entire afternoon and all the way up to the deadline on my team! The 4-4-2 from yesterday ended up in a very late 3-5-2 instead :))

Sánchez
    Alexander-Arnold - Shaw - Tsimikas
    Benrahma - Greenwood - Barnes - Salah (C) - Fernandes
    Antonio - Ings
    (Foster - Veltman - Ayling - Perica)
    Can't see the teams in our league yet, so I'll update with the captaincy picks when possible!
    pYUYQ3c.png
    pYUYQ3c.png

Martial, Gündogan, Madddison and Cancelo are interesting picks. Haven't seen many teams with any of them! I considered Gündogan too, and might get him in gameweek 2.
    pYUYQ3c.png

Martial, Gündogan, Madddison and Cancelo are interesting picks. Haven't seen many teams with any of them! I considered Gündogan too, and might get him in gameweek 2.

I had Greenwood, Toney and TAA with ten minutes to go though i was toying with te idea of Martial, Gundogan and Cancelo for some time with the early fixtures in mind. Martial is a gamble though he will have a few games to prove him self.

TAA and Cancelo have similar potential points wise though the price difference is huge. I will hit my wildcard early so if things don't work out its not an issue. The only player I am concerned not having is Greenwood. Toney may do well tonight though Brentford's fixtures put me off.

Canos scores the first goal of the new season Pinnock assist.

Brentford look on it tonight.

Not watching the game though pre season friendly against United they showed some toughness.
    No points for Toney, I am happy with that. AFT will be going into melt down I suspect.

Not watching the game though pre season friendly against United they showed some toughness.

They had no trouble showing toughness against Arsenal, that's for sure!
    No points for Toney, I am happy with that. AFT will be going into melt down I suspect.

Can't stand AFTV myself, but I guess it will be more of the same from that lot! Feared Toney would hit the ground running, but luckily he didn't get anything from this game. He wasn't bad though, but wasn't involved enough. With a bit of luck, he could have got an assist. One to monitor in the upcoming games.
    Arsenal need to stick with Arteta and the board need to back him, realistically what will another manager do that all the ones the preceded Arteta do. The likes of AFTV turn on your managers too quickly.
    Arsenal need to stick with Arteta and the board need to back him, realistically what will another manager do that all the ones the preceded Arteta do. The likes of AFTV turn on your managers too quickly.

They will stick with Arteta; there's really nothing to suggest otherwise, and I think Arsenal need to be in a relegation battle for the board to even considering it. But I don't think it's out of place to raise question whether they should stick with him. We haven't seen a clear direction from Arteta, which is something this team really needs.
    Bruno el capitan this week.
    Man Utd v Leeds looks like a goal fest.
    Bruno el capitan this week.
    Man Utd v Leeds looks like a goal fest.

I have a feeling it will be a goal fest too!

On the subject of captains, here are our gameweek 1 captaincy picks! Hadn't checked our league in the weeks leading up to the first deadline, and hadn't noticed how many teams our league have this season!
    Salah: 10
    Fernandes: 8
    Lukaku: 1
    Son: 1
    Mané: 1
    Kane: 1
    Firmino: 1

Good luck everyone!
    Bruno utd did very well. :)>- although he was rubbing his hamstring at the end,maybe nothing.
    I am already infuriated with my team, though United did a demolition job on Leeds, outstanding.
    Hit my Wildcard.
    Hit my Wildcard.

Already? Why?
    Hit my Wildcard.

Already? Why?

Lukaku and not happy with 5 of my players at least :))
    Watching the Liverpool game, looking at Liverpool's squad there midfield looks weak.

I noticed today that after the United win and it was a good win, not having Greenwood and having Martial in my team took put me on a downer on what was a great victory.

I am tired been a long week so I recognise it maybe having an effect on me though I did consider not continuing to play FPL this season briefly.
    That's why i think they should play TAA in midfield.

I think TAA will eventually play in midfield.

I think TAA will eventually play in midfield.

He's too good to play in defence.
    Hit my Wildcard.

Already? Why?

Lukaku and not happy with 5 of my players at least :))

Seems a bit early given that we have so few games played. I get that targeting Lukaku vs Arsenal is tempting, but is it worth popping the wildcard for? 39 points and counting isn't bad, and you could get Lukaku only by making two transfers.