The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

France-Argentina will be a cracking final!

Definitely the dream final, the Legend vs his Successor. I want Messi to win though my money is on Mbappe and France.

My money is on France too, but you never know, Argentina might win it.
    Just heard Benzema may be back for the WC final.

Could be a huge boost for France, but what's the latest on his injury?

The Benzemma thing was being dismissed yesterday so unsure.

As the 3rd place play off teams still get us points, I am not intending to use that many transfers. The third place teams could make a host of changes though so it could be tricky.

Ah, I see. Would have been great to see him play at the World Cup.

I'm thinking the same. There's a bug going on in the France camp apparently, so we will have to keep an eye out for any late developments…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    France-Argentina will be a cracking final!

Definitely the dream final, the Legend vs his Successor. I want Messi to win though my money is on Mbappe and France.

My money is on France too, but you never know, Argentina might win it.
    Just heard Benzema may be back for the WC final.

Could be a huge boost for France, but what's the latest on his injury?

The Benzemma thing was being dismissed yesterday so unsure.

As the 3rd place play off teams still get us points, I am not intending to use that many transfers. The third place teams could make a host of changes though so it could be tricky.

Ah, I see. Would have been great to see him play at the World Cup.

I'm thinking the same. There's a bug going on in the France camp apparently, so we will have to keep an eye out for any late developments…

Got the time wrong for the third place play off so missed the game, I better make sure I don't miss the final tomorrow. I have opted to captain Mbappe for the last game.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2022 Posts: 2,351
    Football fans are the worst ?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Messi penalty goal, it was soft though Argentina have been the best team so far.
    France in trouble 2 - 0 down Di Maria goal. France not turned up, this virus looks like its taken its toll.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,265
    Dembele and Giroud both subbed off on 40 minutes :-O
    Penalty to France...

Mbappe scores. Game on 10 minutes to go.
    OMG 2 - 2 Mbappe World Class.
    Football is incredible for most of the game this final has been one of the worst then turns into one of the best...

Wow onto extra time.
    Argemtina 3 - 2 Messi 10 minutes of extra time to go....
    3 - 3 Mbappe second pen, what a player. Hatrick.
    Penalties, one of the best World Cup Finals ever.
    Martinez is too good a keeper...

Argentina Win the World Cup what a game, they were the best team overall. Amazing final.

Happy for Messi he is one of the greatest players in history.
    Whoa, what a final! Would have been even better if not for the background of this World Cup. Messi certainly deserved this trophy to add to his collection.
    Whoa, what a final! Would have been even better if not for the background of this World Cup. Messi certainly deserved this trophy to add to his collection.

Probably the best World Cup Final I have seen, great advert for Football.
    I have never had so many players with minus points on Fantasy Football :))
    My eyes welled up when Messi kissed the World Cup.
    =D>
    Seeing Messi lift the World Cup is one of the greatest moments in football.
    Why did they make him wear a robe???

Haha, just checked my own team; Hernandez on zero points, and Otamendi, Kounde and Giroud on minus points :))

Bit of a topic post match this.

Haha, just checked my own team; Hernandez on zero points, and Otamendi, Kounde and Giroud on minus points :))

The robe is used for special occasions, perhaps they wanted to promote there culture in the biggest moment of the World Cup.

I did not watch the video again though I think Messi was surprised by the robe, surely the teams would have been told about the robe prior to the game?

---

Back to domestic football very quickly, there are cup games this week.

Man United are plying Burnley this Wednesday, It will be interesting to see which players will be available. Our defense will be without Varane and Martinez surely for a few weeks.

I best look at my FPL team and see what state it is in.
    Edited: Just noticed the additional Free Transfers Chip is enforced it has to be used before GW17 or lose it.

I was wanting to hold off to try to gauge which players were available and fit, it's going to be tricky navigating this I think.
    The Premier League is Back!!
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 17,270

The robe is used for special occasions, perhaps they wanted to promote there culture in the biggest moment of the World Cup.

I did not watch the video again though I think Messi was surprised by the robe, surely the teams would have been told about the robe prior to the game?

---

Back to domestic football very quickly, there are cup games this week.

Man United are plying Burnley this Wednesday, It will be interesting to see which players will be available. Our defense will be without Varane and Martinez surely for a few weeks.

I best look at my FPL team and see what state it is in.
    Edited: Just noticed the additional Free Transfers Chip is enforced it has to be used before GW17 or lose it.

I was wanting to hold off to try to gauge which players were available and fit, it's going to be tricky navigating this I think.

Back online after some days off due to Christmas preparations.

I'm sure the cultural aspect is part of the reasoning behind the robe too, but it's sure strange id this wasn't cleared and/or told the teams beforehand!

My FPL team was in quite of a state. I've made plenty of unlimited transfer changes now, but undecided on several spots in the team. Not much time left to tinker now either…
    The Premier League is Back!!

:)) :))
    32 minutes until the Boxing day deadline! I hope everyone has had a good Christmas so far, and that we're in for a lot of football treats!
    Here are the gameweek 17 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 15
    De Bruyne: 1
    Kulusevski: 1
    Salah: 1
    Martinelli: 1

After a long break from FPL it's interesting to see who managers are backing for captaincy points. Although we do have five players in our captaincy list, the majority are backing Haaland, who's had a break without international football. Good luck everyone!
    32 minutes until the Boxing day deadline! I hope everyone has had a good Christmas so far, and that we're in for a lot of football treats!

Only just woke up, glad I sorted my team yesterday :)) Merry Christmas.

My Wildcard was not really thought through much i literally spent 10 minutes on it yesterday.
    I sold Toney as I was concerned and he typically scored.

Very happy Spurs dropped points.

Every match is on Prime not sure which game to watch.
    I brought in Wilson not even on the bench oh well, thankfully my subs bench is strong.
    Newcastle penalty...

Wood scores
    Oh my lord Almiron with a brilliant goal, I had him in one of my drafts though had too many Newcastle players... dam.