The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,270
    There will likely be 15 minutes injury time.

I will be very surprised if an Iran player does not get sent off, a lot of dodgy tackles going in.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Woooo Bellingham goal, and he is in my Fantasy Team get in. Brilliant header.
    2 - 0 cracking volley from Saka.

Shaw and Maguire with the 2 assists.
    3 - 0 Sterling goal Kane assist. England totally dominant.

Iran 20th in FIFA ranking, they are not in this game at all.

14 minutes of injury time.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Iran playing like they are 200th in FIFA rankings.

Iran playing like they are 200th in FIFA rankings.

Very disappointing performance from Iran.
    Saka again 4 - 0 good individual goal. Sterling assist.
    Wow Taremi gets a goal. 4 - 1 good goal from there best player.
    Grealish, Rashford, Foden and Dier on for England on 70 minutes.

Rashford scores immediately :)) 5 - 1

I swapped Shaw for Trippier at the last minute, regretting that now. Trippier will get subbed out for me I would expect.
    6 - 1 Grealish goal Callum Wilson assist. Good start though for Fantasy reasons wish we had got that clean sheet.

10 minutes injury time :-O
    Iran may have a penalty in the last minute... Despite England being totally dominant there have been a few scares defensively.

Penalty given what a joke, Maguire had a worse challenge on him in the first half, what a joke.

6 - 2 ridiculous.

This game was 120 minutes long.

Taremi with 2 goals for Iran.
    Holland v Senegal the stadium is half empty, this is a farce not a good sign.

Gakpo looking like a main creative force for Holland.
    Gakpo goal Holland take the lead, some more points for me. I was starting to think I made a mistake with Gakpo's selection as the second half has been poor from both sides.

Gakpo is my current Captain.

8 minutes extra time, I can see a trend here.
    Holland get a second through Klaassen, much improved in last 10 minutes or so. Senegal keeper not great.

USA v Wales next, one of my Grandmothers was Welsh though hoping for a draw here, that will suit England.
    All USA first 10 minutes they look a good side.

Bale and Dan James playing as twin strikers is a bad move as they can't really effect the game, Wales look very short of options up front.
    Weah goal, Puliscic assist ripped Wales apart. USA far the better side, they will give England a game that's for sure.

Wow it's George Weah's son who scored.
    Moore on for Wales he will hold the ball up better and drag the team up the pitch.

Wales the better side so far in the second half.
    Wales penalty... Bale scores 1 - 1 great pen, Wales deserved it in the second half. England should make mincemeat of both of these defenses if we go all out attack.

9 minutes injury time :)) what the hell is going on FIFA?

My take away from this is the USA only looked good when Wales parked the bus.

:)) Genius.
    Gakpo goal Holland take the lead, some more points for me. I was starting to think I made a mistake with Gakpo's selection as the second half has been poor from both sides.

Gakpo is my current Captain.

8 minutes extra time, I can see a trend here.

I thought messi was your Captain ?
    ARGENTINA v SAUDI ARABIA 9pm
    Switched to Messi today, though after that result may jump off Argentina players :-O

Will Argentina bounce back, are they capable of bouncing back...

I may keep my captaincy on Messi just to play it safe though I could switch to Mbappe...

Edited: As Mbappe plays today I can't switch my captain to him oh well.
    Only saw the highlights to the Denmark v Tunisia game looks like I did not miss much. England's result keeps looking better and better.

Bye :-h

Edited:

Manchester United owners to explore sale as Glazers seek new investment
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12753400/manchester-united-owners-to-explore-sale-as-glazers-seek-new-investment
    France a goal down, another potential shock on the cards?

Australia close to getting a second.

France 2 - 1 up at half time they really should be out of site with the chances they have had, Australia could easily be level they have had a couple of great opportunities.
    3 - 1 Mbappe finally gets his goal. Decent start for me up front all three of my strikers have got a goal.

4 - 1 Giroud with 2 goals. Mbappe got the assist, dam regretting not captaining him now.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 17,272
    According to reports Benzema could miss the WC due to a thigh injury, he has been in my draft teams.

Although I'm still not sure how much of this tournament I would like to see, it would have been great to see Benzema at his best in an international tournament. Big miss for France obviously, but they do have Giroud, who has always been great representing the national side.
    I think I am pretty much locked with my WC Fantasy team, though I have 2 England players that I am not 100% Southgate will pick, any other manager would pick them though Southgate can and will go ultra negative which is problematic.

I wish they put under each player the date of there next fixtures it would have made it easier with selecting the right players first. I ended up just opening up the fixtures in another window.

I will likely hit my wildcard early.

I am looking forward to the football, the more I think about it there really are some intriguing fixtures.

Agree re. the fixtures. The site is certainly not optimal, both from a design and function perspective.

It will be interesting to see if the teams we expect to do well go as far into the tournament we think they will, or if we get a few surprises along the way.
    3am start for the first game over here.
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Indeed, I'm having trouble picking my team for gameweek 1, and on top of that, you rely to subbing in/out players depending on how they perform. I will no doubt forget to do so!

I have set up a team purely for game day 1 I will hit my wildcard for the second game day its just simplified things for me.

Agree the Uefa site from the last tournament was set up much better.

When selecting Next fixture from drop down menu on the team selection page they should have added the date also.

I see many people on Twitter are looking to do the same. Will probably be easier to just follow the crowd on this one, and hit the WC button in gameweek 2, haha!

Agree, had less trouble with the site before and during the last tournament. I've already had to refresh the site on several occasions to be able to do what I want.

There really shouldn't be necessary to go through many clicks just to get the information you want. For example, why don't they add the date of the fixtures when you click on a player? Instead you get (using Trippier as an example): IRN: Fixture 1 – USA: Fixture 2 – WAL – Fixture 3. They could easily have added the date for these first few fixtures, instead of having a separate Fixtures tab.

Hopefully there will be some patches added as the tournament goes forward to improve it, there are still players listed that are not even at the tournament, also they are not highlighting injured players.

Edited: they have removed Ivan Toney and Garnoacho now so something has been updated.

I can't see a transfer Deadline?

Looking at the % ownership's I have three players that will be major differentials, and I am shocked by the lack of ownership in one player I have, the low ownership makes me think there maybe an issue with the player I better do some research.

Just scouting Brazil attackers, its frightening the fire power they have, Brazil are my tip to win the World Cup.

I currently have no Spanish players in my squad, they do have a good first fixture though really don't know which player would be best to bring in.

Just caught up with the first games of the tournament, and was shocked to see Argentina losing!

I see many complaining about the game on Twitter, with points not being added, and several other issues. I'm not yet sure how that has affected my team and the players I picked for gameweek 1. Glad I'm just playing this game very casually. Those who spend a lot of time on the game must be furious!

Edited:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12753400/manchester-united-owners-to-explore-sale-as-glazers-seek-new-investment

Would have been surprised if this ended differently. Wonder which club will pick up Ronaldo in January!

United as an investment must be really interesting for a new potential buyer. Massive fanbase and a club in the middle of a transformation with a lot to prove on the pitch.
    According to reports Benzema could miss the WC due to a thigh injury, he has been in my draft teams.

Although I'm still not sure how much of this tournament I would like to see, it would have been great to see Benzema at his best in an international tournament. Big miss for France obviously, but they do have Giroud, who has always been great representing the national side.
    I think I am pretty much locked with my WC Fantasy team, though I have 2 England players that I am not 100% Southgate will pick, any other manager would pick them though Southgate can and will go ultra negative which is problematic.

I wish they put under each player the date of there next fixtures it would have made it easier with selecting the right players first. I ended up just opening up the fixtures in another window.

I am looking forward to the football, the more I think about it there really are some intriguing fixtures.

Agree re. the fixtures. The site is certainly not optimal, both from a design and function perspective.

It will be interesting to see if the teams we expect to do well go as far into the tournament we think they will, or if we get a few surprises along the way.
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Indeed, I'm having trouble picking my team for gameweek 1, and on top of that, you rely to subbing in/out players depending on how they perform. I will no doubt forget to do so!

I have set up a team purely for game day 1 I will hit my wildcard for the second game day its just simplified things for me.

When selecting Next fixture from drop down menu on the team selection page they should have added the date also.

I see many people on Twitter are looking to do the same. Will probably be easier to just follow the crowd on this one, and hit the WC button in gameweek 2, haha!

Agree, had less trouble with the site before and during the last tournament. I've already had to refresh the site on several occasions to be able to do what I want.

There really shouldn't be necessary to go through many clicks just to get the information you want. For example, why don't they add the date of the fixtures when you click on a player? Instead you get (using Trippier as an example): IRN: Fixture 1 – USA: Fixture 2 – WAL – Fixture 3. They could easily have added the date for these first few fixtures, instead of having a separate Fixtures tab.

Hopefully there will be some patches added as the tournament goes forward to improve it, there are still players listed that are not even at the tournament, also they are not highlighting injured players.

Edited: they have removed Ivan Toney and Garnoacho now so something has been updated.

Looking at the % ownership's I have three players that will be major differentials, and I am shocked by the lack of ownership in one player I have, the low ownership makes me think there maybe an issue with the player I better do some research.

Just scouting Brazil attackers, its frightening the fire power they have, Brazil are my tip to win the World Cup.

I currently have no Spanish players in my squad, they do have a good first fixture though really don't know which player would be best to bring in.

Just caught up with the first games of the tournament, and was shocked to see Argentina losing!

I see many complaining about the game on Twitter, with points not being added, and several other issues. I'm not yet sure how that has affected my team and the players I picked for gameweek 1. Glad I'm just playing this game very casually. Those who spend a lot of time on the game must be furious!

Edited:

Would have been surprised if this ended differently. Wonder which club will pick up Ronaldo in January!

United as an investment must be really interesting for a new potential buyer. Massive fanbase and a club in the middle of a transformation with a lot to prove on the pitch.

I don't have a Twitter account though its irritating as the bonus system does not show up as in you don't get a proper breakdown of where the points are coming from. Example being Key passes, shots on target etc. I have subbed off players that may still accumulate points as i am none the wiser.

I think Chelsea may go in for Ronaldo, personally I hope he goes overseas.

This wcfl looks tricky.

Edited:

I don't have a Twitter account though its irritating as the bonus system does not show up as in you don't get a proper breakdown of where the points are coming from. Example being Key passes, shots on target etc. I have subbed off players that may still accumulate points as i am none the wiser.

I think Chelsea may go in for Ronaldo, personally I hope he goes overseas.

The epl ffl is heaps better.
    Neymar captains my team.
    It's not allowing me the option to change my captain, I thought we could change captains every day. I think the game is broken :))

Think I may save my wildcard for Game day 3 instead.
    It's corrupted...... like Fifa :))