The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,325
    I am totally bemused by this Ronaldo interview, to quote Shakespeare 'Much a do about nothing... for the most part'. This is only about one thing and its pretty clear what it is, I feel sorry for him.
    Well I have mixed feelings about the first part of Ronaldo's in quotes 'Interview', I will be happy when he leaves so he and the club can move on.

Is it a two-part interview? Haven't seen it myself.

Yeah part 2 is on at 8pm tonight on TalkTV on YouTube, just looking for part 1 though its not available as yet on catch up.

Edited: Found it, Piers has put it on his own channel lol...

I am totally bemused by this Ronaldo interview, to quote Shakespeare 'Much a do about nothing... for the most part'. This is only about one thing and its pretty clear what it is, I feel sorry for him.

Thanks! Will have to watch this.
    Ivan Toney: Brentford striker charged by FA over 232 alleged breaches of betting rules in four-year period
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/12749021/ivan-toney-brentford-striker-charged-by-fa-over-232-alleged-breaches-of-betting-rules-in-four-year-period

Think I may need to sell him, I wonder when the 2nd of 3 Wildcards becomes active.

Been thinking about bringing Toney in as a long term asset for my team, though will have to follow this closely before making the transfer.

The unlimited transfers are active now, aren't they? @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Well I have mixed feelings about the first part of Ronaldo's in quotes 'Interview', I will be happy when he leaves so he and the club can move on.

Is it a two-part interview? Haven't seen it myself.

Yeah part 2 is on at 8pm tonight on TalkTV on YouTube, just looking for part 1 though its not available as yet on catch up.

Edited: Found it, Piers has put it on his own channel lol...

Thanks! Will have to watch this.
    Ivan Toney: Brentford striker charged by FA over 232 alleged breaches of betting rules in four-year period
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/12749021/ivan-toney-brentford-striker-charged-by-fa-over-232-alleged-breaches-of-betting-rules-in-four-year-period

Think I may need to sell him, I wonder when the 2nd of 3 Wildcards becomes active.

Been thinking about bringing Toney in as a long term asset for my team, though will have to follow this closely before making the transfer.

The unlimited transfers are active now, aren't they? @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Its still not giving me the option for Free Transfers when I access the site on PC.

I would like to bring in Wilson though definitely waiting until after the WC.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Unlimited Transfers is active on the app now.
    Unlimited Transfers is active on the app now.
    cheers will take a look.

---

Gianni Infantino gives extraordinary speech defending Qatar; accuses West of moral hypocrisy

FIFA president: European nations should 'apologise' for their own histories

According to reports Benzema could miss the WC due to a thigh injury, he has been in my draft teams.
    I think I am pretty much locked with my WC Fantasy team, though I have 2 England players that I am not 100% Southgate will pick, any other manager would pick them though Southgate can and will go ultra negative which is problematic.

I wish they put under each player the date of there next fixtures it would have made it easier with selecting the right players first. I ended up just opening up the fixtures in another window.

I will likely hit my wildcard early.

I am looking forward to the football, the more I think about it there really are some intriguing fixtures.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    3am start for the first game over here.
    This wcfl looks tricky.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 17,279
    According to reports Benzema could miss the WC due to a thigh injury, he has been in my draft teams.

Although I'm still not sure how much of this tournament I would like to see, it would have been great to see Benzema at his best in an international tournament. Big miss for France obviously, but they do have Giroud, who has always been great representing the national side.
    I think I am pretty much locked with my WC Fantasy team, though I have 2 England players that I am not 100% Southgate will pick, any other manager would pick them though Southgate can and will go ultra negative which is problematic.

I wish they put under each player the date of there next fixtures it would have made it easier with selecting the right players first. I ended up just opening up the fixtures in another window.

I am looking forward to the football, the more I think about it there really are some intriguing fixtures.

Agree re. the fixtures. The site is certainly not optimal, both from a design and function perspective.

It will be interesting to see if the teams we expect to do well go as far into the tournament we think they will, or if we get a few surprises along the way.
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Indeed, I'm having trouble picking my team for gameweek 1, and on top of that, you rely to subbing in/out players depending on how they perform. I will no doubt forget to do so!
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Did you play the Euros Fantasy League its very similar. though there are additional ways to gain point with the WC re: tackles made, key passes made, shots on target etc which makes the game more interesting.

I have not fully got my head round it though i think once the games start it will become clearer.

Although I'm still not sure how much of this tournament I would like to see, it would have been great to see Benzema at his best in an international tournament. Big miss for France obviously, but they do have Giroud, who has always been great representing the national side.

Agree re. the fixtures. The site is certainly not optimal, both from a design and function perspective.

It will be interesting to see if the teams we expect to do well go as far into the tournament we think they will, or if we get a few surprises along the way.
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Indeed, I'm having trouble picking my team for gameweek 1, and on top of that, you rely to subbing in/out players depending on how they perform. I will no doubt forget to do so!

I have set up a team purely for game day 1 I will hit my wildcard for the second game day its just simplified things for me.

Agree the Uefa site from the last tournament was set up much better.

When selecting Next fixture from drop down menu on the team selection page they should have added the date also.

For anyone interested in World Cup Fanatsy Football ...

FIFA WORLD CUP™ FANTASY
    https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/join-league/6DBTKZGQ

Code for Back of the net league...
    6DBTKZGQ

This wcfl looks tricky.

I have set up a team purely for game day 1 I will hit my wildcard for the second game day its just simplified things for me.

When selecting Next fixture from drop down menu on the team selection page they should have added the date also.

I see many people on Twitter are looking to do the same. Will probably be easier to just follow the crowd on this one, and hit the WC button in gameweek 2, haha!

Agree, had less trouble with the site before and during the last tournament. I've already had to refresh the site on several occasions to be able to do what I want.

There really shouldn't be necessary to go through many clicks just to get the information you want. For example, why don't they add the date of the fixtures when you click on a player? Instead you get (using Trippier as an example): IRN: Fixture 1 – USA: Fixture 2 – WAL – Fixture 3. They could easily have added the date for these first few fixtures, instead of having a separate Fixtures tab.

This wcfl looks tricky.

I see many people on Twitter are looking to do the same. Will probably be easier to just follow the crowd on this one, and hit the WC button in gameweek 2, haha!

Agree, had less trouble with the site before and during the last tournament. I've already had to refresh the site on several occasions to be able to do what I want.

There really shouldn't be necessary to go through many clicks just to get the information you want. For example, why don't they add the date of the fixtures when you click on a player? Instead you get (using Trippier as an example): IRN: Fixture 1 – USA: Fixture 2 – WAL – Fixture 3. They could easily have added the date for these first few fixtures, instead of having a separate Fixtures tab.

Hopefully there will be some patches added as the tournament goes forward to improve it, there are still players listed that are not even at the tournament, also they are not highlighting injured players.

Edited: they have removed Ivan Toney and Garnoacho now so something has been updated.

I can't see a transfer Deadline?

Looking at the % ownership's I have three players that will be major differentials, and I am shocked by the lack of ownership in one player I have, the low ownership makes me think there maybe an issue with the player I better do some research.

Just scouting Brazil attackers, its frightening the fire power they have, Brazil are my tip to win the World Cup.

I currently have no Spanish players in my squad, they do have a good first fixture though really don't know which player would be best to bring in.
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Did you play the Euros Fantasy League its very similar. though there are additional ways to gain point with the WC re: tackles made, key passes made, shots on target etc which makes the game more interesting.

I have not fully got my head round it though i think once the games start it will become clearer.

Did not play The Euros Fantasy League.

In this latest potential scandal, author and political affairs expert Amjad Taha alleges Qatar has bribed multiple Ecuadorian players to lose the opening match on purpose, using a total sum of $US7.4 million ($11.1 million).

Taha claims to have confirmed the scheme’s existence with “insiders” in both camps, and says it would involve a 1-0 scoreline, with the goal coming in the second half.

Taha tweeted: “Exclusive: Qatar bribed eight Ecuadorean players $7.4 million to lose the opener (1-0, ️2nd half). Five Qatari and Ecuador insiders confirmed this. We hope it’s false. We hope sharing this will affect the outcome. The world should oppose FIFA corruption.”
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/world-cup/match-fixing-bribery-claim-rocks-opening-world-cup-game-between-qatar-and-ecuador/news-story/7841f4999328b7df79fd9cd7594691a0
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Did not play The Euros Fantasy League.

In this latest potential scandal, author and political affairs expert Amjad Taha alleges Qatar has bribed multiple Ecuadorian players to lose the opening match on purpose, using a total sum of $US7.4 million ($11.1 million).

Taha claims to have confirmed the scheme’s existence with “insiders” in both camps, and says it would involve a 1-0 scoreline, with the goal coming in the second half.

Taha tweeted: “Exclusive: Qatar bribed eight Ecuadorean players $7.4 million to lose the opener (1-0, ️2nd half). Five Qatari and Ecuador insiders confirmed this. We hope it’s false. We hope sharing this will affect the outcome. The world should oppose FIFA corruption.”
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/world-cup/match-fixing-bribery-claim-rocks-opening-world-cup-game-between-qatar-and-ecuador/news-story/7841f4999328b7df79fd9cd7594691a0

Edited: I hope no one bet on that.
    Valencia goal for Ecuador and Qatar defense looked dodgy. Gone to VAR...

Goal ruled out for offside, er there is no offside at all WT... I need to watch that again.
    Penalty to Ecuador... Goal Valencia. Now its 1 - 0.
    2 - 0 Valencia again, this is a mismatch.
    No ways was that offside, crazy decision.
    Qatar fans abandon opening match...

I must admit I did not notice as I kind of stopped watching as the game was too one sided, the game was like a training match.
    Nice win by Ecuador.
    ENGLAND v IRAN next. Early start, midnight.... :)]
    Nice win by Ecuador.

I have a few players featuring today, hoping to get some decent points. England though are notoriously slow starters to World Cup's though we need to start with a win IMO.
    Qatar: England & Wales won't wear OneLove armband

Nice win by Ecuador.

I have a few players featuring today, hoping to get some decent points. England though are notoriously slow starters to World Cup's though we need to start with a win IMO.

Should be a clean sheet for ENGLAND but i don't know if IRAN is any good ?
    Nice win by Ecuador.

Should be a clean sheet for ENGLAND but i don't know if IRAN is any good ?

From what pundits have said it would appear Iran, USA and Wales are pretty much on the same level. England should win the group though Southgate's tactics and England's recent form is not great. Both our center backs have only just returned from injury and Maguire is a liabiltiy.
    Southgate going with a back 4 thank god, we should be all out attack v Iran. Foden benched so glad I replaced him in my team.
    Iran could be tricky they only conceded 4 goals in qualifying, there main striker Taremi is also good. this may end up a 2 - 1 win to England.
    FIFA ticket app not working properly so England fans can't get into the stadium, they have been stuck outside for 2 hours.
    Absolute debacle with the Iran keeper he should have gone off the first time with that injury.

Appalling the medical staff should have insisted he go off for his own well being.