The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Sancho and Varane on bench, Lindelof after last weeks good performance keeps his place. Greenwood, Bruno, Martial, Pogba, Shaw, AWB and Maguire all start.

Interesting Arsenal so far the biggest spenders this Transfer window according to SKY.

Yet none of their most expensive transfers features against Chelsea…

Not sure what to make of Ramsdale there are better keepers around than him.

Yes, and the price Arsenal paid is ridiculous. The same with the Ben White transfer fee.

That's the problem with buying English players, over priced.

United not got going at all in early stages of his game.

They do put some additional millions on the transfer fees for English players, that's for sure. Not surprising of course, as every team needs a certain amount of English players in their squads.

Didn't follow the Southampton-United match as I fully expected Bruno to get a result similar to that of last weekend. Really surprised (and relieved) that my Salah captain pick didn't backfire more than it did!

Matic and Fred did not work in the middle, we need a new CDM so Pogba can drop back. I would take Bissouma over Mctominay, Fred or Matic.

Hoping Arsenal can get something from this game.

Bissouma would be a great signing for any prem team, I think. Arsenal could also need a player like that.
    Lukaku goal

As expected. Won't be surprised if Chelsea win this with four, five or even six goals. Arsenal are that bad.

Definitely in danger of a hammering here.

It's already happening :(

Couldn't watch any more; there's no point watching a game like this. City up next, so Arsenal will be bottom of the league going into the international break.

Arsenal finished the first half a little better, get an early goal now and you never know.

No goalscorers on the pitch for Arsenal though. Can't see Arsenal getting anything from this game.

Scoring goals this season looks like its going to be an issue.

Yes, and that's where I really fear for Arsenal; Aubameyang and Lacazette seemed totally invisible in preseason, and they don't have anyone else but Saka and Smith Rowe that are likely to get goals.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sancho and Varane on bench, Lindelof after last weeks good performance keeps his place. Greenwood, Bruno, Martial, Pogba, Shaw, AWB and Maguire all start.

Interesting Arsenal so far the biggest spenders this Transfer window according to SKY.

Yes, and the price Arsenal paid is ridiculous. The same with the Ben White transfer fee.

They do put some additional millions on the transfer fees for English players, that's for sure. Not surprising of course, as every team needs a certain amount of English players in their squads.

Didn't follow the Southampton-United match as I fully expected Bruno to get a result similar to that of last weekend. Really surprised (and relieved) that my Salah captain pick didn't backfire more than it did!

Matic and Fred did not work in the middle, we need a new CDM so Pogba can drop back. I would take Bissouma over Mctominay, Fred or Matic.

Bissouma would be a great signing for any prem team, I think. Arsenal could also need a player like that.
    Lukaku goal

As expected. Won't be surprised if Chelsea win this with four, five or even six goals. Arsenal are that bad.

Couldn't watch any more; there's no point watching a game like this. City up next, so Arsenal will be bottom of the league going into the international break.

Arsenal finished the first half a little better, get an early goal now and you never know.

No goalscorers on the pitch for Arsenal though. Can't see Arsenal getting anything from this game.

Yes, and that's where I really fear for Arsenal; Aubameyang and Lacazette seemed totally invisible in preseason, and they don't have anyone else but Saka and Smith Rowe that are likely to get goals.

Should have gone in for Ings.

Lukaku goal

Ings would have been a great signing for Arsenal. Injury prone though, but as long as he's fit, he'll deliver.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,341
    Iheanacho points needed.
    Hopefully he starts.
    The rugby tackles allowed now is strange.... :-O
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,104

Lukaku goal

Ings would have been a great signing for Arsenal. Injury prone though, but as long as he's fit, he'll deliver.

It must be baffling being a Arsenal supporter when you see the quality villa have recently signed, Arsenal could have bought all those players.

Admittedly it takes time for most new players to gel, though expect Villa to have a good season long term.

Arsenal have a lot of potential though you need an experienced player bringing in, a leader is needed for the youth.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Iheanacho points needed.
    Hopefully he starts.
    The rugby tackles allowed now is strange.... :-O

The refereeing so far this season has been really inconsistent. Looks like they're allowing more stuff go unpunished this season.

Lukaku goal

It must be baffling being a Arsenal supporter when you see the quality villa have recently signed, Arsenal could have bought all those players.

Admittedly it takes time for most new players to gel, though expect Villa to have a good season long term.

Arsenal have a lot of potential though you need an experienced player bringing in, a leader is needed for the youth.

It is baffling, but then the transfer policy at the club makes no sense at all. I don't think those players would have been interested in a move to Arsenal either, knowing the state of the club.

As for experienced players, it doesn't look like the club are planning on bringing in any experienced players this transfer window, just talent who may or may not prove smart signings. They are really gambling with the club's future at this point.
    Antonio on fire glad I brought him in though wish I got Benrahna also.

@Torgeirtrap you must be in the top 5k currently?

I'm at 9.8k. Really happy about that, but it mostly comes down to picking Antonio and Benrahma from the start. Got two free transfers to make some adjustments, but have no idea what to do!

I'm at 9.8k. Really happy about that, but it mostly comes down to picking Antonio and Benrahma from the start. Got two free transfers to make some adjustments, but have no idea what to do!

I am in a closed mini league with a lot of top well known managers and the highest score in that league is 199, you would be topping that league great start mate.

So glad I went from Wilson to Antonio, he kind of saved my game week got green arrows and just inside the top 1 million which at this stage I am happy with.

I am in a closed mini league with a lot of top well known managers and the highest score in that league is 199, you would be topping that league great start mate.

So glad I went from Wilson to Antonio, he kind of saved my game week got green arrows and just inside the top 1 million which at this stage I am happy with.

Interesting! I see several FPL pundits have pointed out what I mentioned above re. the advantage of having Antonio and Benrahma in gameweek 1 and 2. Just shows how small decisions can impact the rank in the game – and how fast it can turn if other players start delivering points.

I think I read somewhere that being inside the top 1.5m after the first few gameweeks is a decent place to be ranked, as the gaps aren't that big yet. At this point of the season, a few points can have a big impact on the rank!

Interesting! I see several FPL pundits have pointed out what I mentioned above re. the advantage of having Antonio and Benrahma in gameweek 1 and 2. Just shows how small decisions can impact the rank in the game – and how fast it can turn if other players start delivering points.

I think I read somewhere that being inside the top 1.5m after the first few gameweeks is a decent place to be ranked, as the gaps aren't that big yet. At this point of the season, a few points can have a big impact on the rank!

It did pop into my head briefly having Antonio as captain though I thought Leicester would be a tough nut to crack so never put the arm band on him. West Ham I watched v Newcastle and thought they looked weak in the first half against a poor Newcastle side, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Sometimes backing a team on reputation (Leicester in this case) is a mistake.

It did pop into my head briefly having Antonio as captain though I thought Leicester would be a tough nut to crack so never put the arm band on him. West Ham I watched v Newcastle and thought they looked weak in the first half against a poor Newcastle side, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Sometimes backing a team on reputation (Leicester in this case) is a mistake.

Captaining Antonio briefly crossed my mind as well, but I was never really going to captain anyone but Salah or Fernandes. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up this form!
    A bit late, but here is the gameweek 2 update!

The average gameweek score dropped a bit from the very high-scoring gameweek 1 average score of 69, but with players like Antonio and Benrahma continuing their scoring form, there were still many big gameweek scores around. Best in our league this gameweek was Dinamo Skruknott, scoring 88 points.

osUjZCs.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott

League table standings:

1.Dinamo Skruknott: GW 88 - TOT 200
    2.CSAC: GW 78 - TOT 174
    3.Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 69 - TOT 162
    4. MEJICO POWA: GW 78 - TOT 161
    5. Team Extreme: GW 72 - TOT 156
    6. أبو كاتم: GW 59 - TOT 146
    7. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 51 - TOT 143
    8. �: GW 41 - TOT 138
    9. Charlton Pathetic: GW 47 - TOT 134
    10. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 46 - TOT 130
    11. Cremonese-Killen: GW 64 - TOT 129
    12. Lucky Ducks: GW 41 - TOT 127
    13. Anfield FC: GW 63 - TOT 126
    14. GoldyThe Ref: GW 61 - TOT 125
    14. Incredible XI: GW 40 - TOT 125
    16. Kicked in Dias: GW 58 - TOT 121
    17. Liverpool Richmond: GW 47 - TOT 120
    18. Bad gang XI: GW 35 - TOT 110
    19. on the throne: GW 38 - TOT 104
    20. Red Warriors: GW 26 - TOT 102
    21. Benny's Blues: GW 63 - TOT 101
    22. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 38 - TOT 101
    23. The Vardy Boyz: GW 61 - TOT 89
    24. United Team: GW 84 - TOT 84
    25. The Best: GW 36- TOT 82
    _________

The gameweek 3 deadline is this Saturday, at 11:00 UK time, so remember to have your teams ready by then!
    Congratulations to Dinamo Skruknott another good GW score and an excellent start =D>
    Congratulations to Dinamo Skruknott another good GW score and an excellent start =D>

Fun to get a good start of the season, but I don't think it will last. I'm quite locked in my 3-5-2 formation now, and there are players I want which I can't get easily (Lukaku for example). I think this season will be all about being flexible. How else are we going to be able to have spots available for premium players like Salah, Fernandes, De Bruyne, Son, Kane, Lukaku…and potentially Ronaldo?

Fun to get a good start of the season, but I don't think it will last. I'm quite locked in my 3-5-2 formation now, and there are players I want which I can't get easily (Lukaku for example). I think this season will be all about being flexible. How else are we going to be able to have spots available for premium players like Salah, Fernandes, De Bruyne, Son, Kane, Lukaku…and potentially Ronaldo?

Ronny to United very close it seems, Ronny to City i totally ignored yesterday many United fans were losing it, i never thought Ronny would go to City he is a United legend lol Cavani is set to miss a lot of games this season so we desperately need another striker.

Ronny to United very close it seems, Ronny to City i totally ignored yesterday many United fans were losing it, i never thought Ronny would go to City he is a United legend lol Cavani is set to miss a lot of games this season so we desperately need another striker.

Ronaldo will surely be in a lot of teams when he becomes available, which makes the international break wildcard a very tempting option. I could get him with a -4 if I only use one free transfer this week, but it would take several additional transfers to restructure the rest of the team…

Ronaldo will surely be in a lot of teams when he becomes available, which makes the international break wildcard a very tempting option. I could get him with a -4 if I only use one free transfer this week, but it would take several additional transfers to restructure the rest of the team…

Ronny should come in around 11.5 million same as Lukaku though FPL may having him at a higher price. Personally Ronaldo will be a sit and wait for me, Bruno will likely take less free kicks and penalties so him being essential changes for me.

Ronny should come in around 11.5 million same as Lukaku though FPL may having him at a higher price. Personally Ronaldo will be a sit and wait for me, Bruno will likely take less free kicks and penalties so him being essential changes for me.

Wouldn't it be likely for Ronaldo to cost more than Fernandes, or at least come at the same price? If he's 11.5, then that's a very fair price, IMO.

Fernandes without pens will suddenly become way overpriced at 12.0, and going for a cheaper midfielder in place for Fernandes, and putting Ronaldo in one of the striker could be the solution. Question now is how will United's starting eleven look like? Who drops out?
    Here are the gameweek 3 captaincy picks!

Son: 6
    Fernandes: 4
    Antonio: 4
    Ings: 2
    Bamford: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Lukaku: 1
    Raphinha: 1
    Salah: 1
    Pogba: 1
    Benrahma: 1

We have a lot of different captaincy picks in our league this gameweek. It's not often the captaincy list have this many names on it! Son is the most captained player, with 6 managers hoping for returns against Watford. Good luck everyone!
    Took a punt on Antonio as Captain, hoping he gets a goal to add to his assist in the second half.

No Stones again, though got two City clean sheets. This looks like a low points GW.

I thought City would beat Arsenal 4 - 0, not far off.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I've just joined the league late - I hope that's okay! :) I think this season will be a fun one, FPL wise.
    I've just joined the league late - I hope that's okay! :) I think this season will be a fun one, FPL wise.

That's great more the merrier, good luck with your GW.

With the likes of Ronaldo and Lukaku now involved its going to be one hell of a season/FPL season.
    DCL has scored thank god, get in.
    (c) Antonio GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His 3 Bonus points currently will come in handy, hope he can get the winner...
    Tsmikas and Jota benched for Liverpool.

Currently got a great green arrow, I need Salah and Bruno and Son to do worse than Antonio. Son is the main worry.

Glad you joined! More players makes the league more exciting and competitive :)

Currently got a great green arrow, I need Salah and Bruno and Son to do worse than Antonio. Son is the main worry.

Didn't expect Tsmikas to feature now that Robertson is back. Will need to move him on when possible.
    Havertz goal cracking header.

Didn't expect Tsmikas to feature now that Robertson is back. Will need to move him on when possible.

Nor me will bench Tsimiskas for a few GWs

Nor me will bench Tsimiskas for a few GWs

Unless we're in need of more playing Liverpool options, he can just stay on the bench until we need that spot for a playing defender, or have a transfer to spare. He was a great option these first two gameweeks though, so I'm happy to have got those points.