The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Liverpool's front three really are not functioning as well this season, they are not linking up as well as they once did and Firmino looks on the decline.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Foden and Cancelo on the bench for city.
    Liverpool's front three really are not functioning as well this season, they are not linking up as well as they once did and Firmino looks on the decline.

Agree. There's something not right there, and hadn't it been for the double, I might have considered a Salah replacement. Will have to reassess after the double.

Just my luck this gameweek. Brought in Cancelo for a hit…

Agree. There's something not right there, and hadn't it been for the double, I might have considered a Salah replacement. Will have to reassess after the double.

I expect a lot of low scoring games this Double GW, some players do look visibly tired Bruno last few games not been at his best as an example. I am still expecting a few of my players to not turn up in games. Having De Gea and Edison may pay off for me though with the bench boost.

edited January 2021 Posts: 23,105
    KDB assist, Stones goal great cross form KDB.

My Red Arrow is getting progressively worse with each game.
    Just made a transfer and looking at my team for GW20 in decent shape with money in the bank, if games do get called off I have a first team bench to call on.

I expect a lot of low scoring games this Double GW, some players do look visibly tired Bruno last few games not been at his best as an example. I am still expecting a few of my players to not turn up in games. Having De Gea and Edison may pay off for me though with the bench boost.

De Gea and Ederson on the bench boost might be a master stroke! Especially when you think that other popular options like Meslier and Johnstone didn't feature this weekend.
    Really wish I could have found a spot for a United def, but I regrettably went with Cancelo instead…

KDB assist, Stones goal great cross form KDB.

My Red Arrow is getting progressively worse with each game.
    Just made a transfer and looking at my team for GW20 in decent shape with money in the bank, if games do get called off I have a first team bench to call on.

I'm almost down 100k at the moment. Given the number of teams playing Bench Boost and triple captain, I have to expect that rank drop to double…

I'm quite happy with my gameweek 20 team too. If I'm not forced to due to postponed games, injuries etc., I will try and bank a transfer.
    Got a slight Green arrow now if City keep this clean sheet, regretting not switching back to KDB as captain...

Dias header saved Stones scores rebound two goals for Stones lol hope Dias gets the assist. He gets the assist get in.
    KDB substituted on 70 minutes.

Cancelo came on appears to be in Midfield.

City really are good, league favorites for me, this is the team United need to finish above.

Sterling scores brilliant free Kick 4- 0
    119k rank drop at the moment for me. Some really high scores out there too, so this doesn't look good for the overall rank…
    119k rank drop at the moment for me. Some really high scores out there too, so this doesn't look good for the overall rank…

I really need Bruno to turn up vs Fulham, otherwise I will probably stay around the 600K rank.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,241

I really need Bruno to turn up vs Fulham, otherwise I will probably stay around the 600K rank.

Could do with some Fernandes points v. Fulham myself too! I tried to follow my overall rank to see if De Bruyne's assist helped. As far as I could tell, it hardly made any difference. Still though, I probably need him to deliver against Villa (got Martínez in goal for that game, so I can't be sure!).
    Lascelles is back woohoo lol need a Wilson double and a clean sheet from Newcastle [-O<
    Lascelles is back woohoo lol need a Wilson double and a clean sheet from Newcastle [-O<

Please, no!*

*for non FPL reasons, of course.

Please, no!*

Wishful thinking on my part, I expect an easy Arsenal win especially with Partey returning.

Please, no!*

Wishful thinking on my part, I expect an easy Arsenal win especially with Partey returning.

Partey improved this Arsenal team despite having played so little for the team, which is really promising. Great to see Saka and Smith Rowe so involved again too – and Aubameyang getting goals again. I still think this team would have struggled against a better side than Newcastle, but three points is three points.
    I was just looking at Saka and Smith Rowe prices, do you think going forward they are now guaranteed starters?
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    I was just looking at Saka and Smith Rowe prices, do you think going forward they are now guaranteed starters?

I think they are.

I think they are.

Smith Rowe looks good though noticed he has hardly had any playing time this season, though Arsenal have limited options at Number 10.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I think they are.

Smith Rowe looks good though noticed he has hardly had any playing time this season, though Arsenal have limited options at Number 10.

Smith Rowe is playing so well he should start him.

Saka should be, but Smith Rowe's place might be under threat if they bring in a creative midfielder (likely a loan move if it happens). But at the price Smith Rowe is at, he can be a decent fifth midfielder.

Saka should be, but Smith Rowe's place might be under threat if they bring in a creative midfielder (likely a loan move if it happens). But at the price Smith Rowe is at, he can be a decent fifth midfielder.

I was thinking 5th midfielder, its very much down to whether he will outscore some of the cheap Leeds Midfielders for the rest of the season. I am questioning whether Leeds drop off is permanent, one less game this week will give them some rest.
    Hoping Cresswell can get me another clean sheet tonight, so far so good.
    Leicester leading, surely Lampard must win this game.

I was thinking 5th midfielder, its very much down to whether he will outscore some of the cheap Leeds Midfielders for the rest of the season. I am questioning whether Leeds drop off is permanent, one less game this week will give them some rest.

I'm trying to find a fifth midfielder myself, and I won't rule out going for Saka or Smith Rowe. Results and those to players performances aside, I still think Arsenal are a risky team to invest in. Of course, with Smith Rowe you get a really cheap attacking midfielder, so for the price you won't go wrong. Saka is a little bit more expensive, so if you pick him, it will depend on formation, IMO. If you play a 3-5-2 for example, then the money you save by owning a cheap third striker, can be used for a strong midfield where Saka is the fifth option. That fifth spot could be Smith Rowe too, but you probably will have to expect a few more benchings.
    Hoping Cresswell can get me another clean sheet tonight, so far so good.

Owning Coufal paid off in the end. Not taking the punt on Antonio however, might be the worst decision of the season for me so far…
    Leicester leading, surely Lampard must win this game.

Really needed a Chelsea clean sheet owning Chilwell. Should've got rid several weeks ago, and invested in a City double up instead.
    Arsenal will really be down to fixtures if I do get there players in though I think they are on a good run.

Coufal did well over the two games.

Leicester 2 - 0 up now, Lampard may get sacked if there is no come back rumours have been circulating. How much will being an ex player and hero go in his favour. Arguably if he had the squad he had last year and not having the influx of so many so called top players he nay gave been doing better. So many new signings is often disruptive.
    Arsenal will really be down to fixtures if I do get there players in though I think they are on a good run.

Leicester 2 - 0 up now, Lampard may get sacked if there is no come back rumours have been circulating. How much will being an ex player and hero go in his favour. Arguably if he had the squad he had last year and not having the influx of so many so called top players he nay gave been doing better. So many new signings is often disruptive.

Yeah, it might work playing Arsenal assets against teams like Newcastle. Top half teams however, I would bench them against.

Being an ex player makes it much tougher to replace a manager; Solskjær wouldn't have got the time he needed at United if he wasn't, and the same can be said of Arteta. Had he been any other manager and delivering the results the team did for a while, the likelihood would be that another person would have led the team by now.

Thomas Tuchel has been rumoured though. Won't surprise me if there's something to it. He could no doubt get the best out of Havertz and Werner, who both are so much better than their performances at Chelsea suggests.

Yeah, it might work playing Arsenal assets against teams like Newcastle. Top half teams however, I would bench them against.

Being an ex player makes it much tougher to replace a manager; Solskjær wouldn't have got the time he needed at United if he wasn't, and the same can be said of Arteta. Had he been any other manager and delivering the results the team did for a while, the likelihood would be that another person would have led the team by now.

Thomas Tuchel has been rumoured though. Won't surprise me if there's something to it. He could no doubt get the best out of Havertz and Werner, who both are so much better than their performances at Chelsea suggests.

Post match Lampard looks increasingly rattled, changing the team selection so frequently is not good if he has fallen into the trap of trying to make everyone happy then his days are numbers with a squad that size. He need to pick his best team and stick to it for a number of weeks if he gets the chance, pick the player he can immediately rely on.

This Double GW is not going as I would have hoped, hope Bruno does something tonight for every reason lol
    City v Villa I have 5 players involved in this one a 0 - 0 probably would be the best result for me.

Early team news Rashford reported to be on the bench gr.
    KDB subbed on the 59th minute ouch! Still 0 - 0

1 - 0 to City Silva scores, Rodrigo assist.