The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    1 - 1 Palace deserved the equalizer 10 minutes to go, I need a Kane winner now [-O<
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    1 - 1 Palace deserved the equalizer 10 minutes to go, I need a Kane winner now [-O<

Spurs just stopped playing after they scored.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Spurs just stopped playing after they scored.

They were not great in the second half.

Jota out for up to 2 months, i did consider bringing him in. Matip starts thankfully for me.
    Lascelles still out and Grealish doing Jack $#!%... great stuff.

Didn't know what to expect from this game. Having triple Villa is too much, and I need to address that. Martínez delivered though.
    Man United 0 - 0 Man City
    Poor game and all the smiles and hugs at the end really emphasised a lack of competitiveness, it was embarrassing.

Were there any big chances in the game? Didn't watch it, and from what I've seen written on Twitter, it looks to have been quite boring.

Only half chances really, City probably had the best chances, United mainly had opportunity at set pieces. If United had set up like this against RB Liepig we would probably still be in the CL. Ole changes team selection and formation literally every game, its like Russian roulette, its difficult to know whether United will be good or terrible.

I guess it's not that bad getting a draw from the game against City, but if Ole keeps changing things up, it's no wonder the results will vary. But United have some decent fixtures ahead, so they have every chance to bounce back.

I need Kane and Son to get in on the points today to save my GW.

Looks like they did!
    This is just a reminder that the gameweek 14 deadline is already this Tuesday, 16:30 UK time!

Already made 2 transfers, hopefully my defense will be in better shape and with players likely to be rested back up was needed.

With only a few days between the games, making early transfers might not come with the risk it usually does. Strengthening the defence for the Christmas period is a smart move.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Fulham 1 - 0 Liverpool it was coming, bye Matip clean sheet.

@Torgeirtrap Kane and Son saving me from a disaster of a GW, still very poor score though need something from Salah.

Matip subbed at half time :)) god what is it with my defense this season.
    Liverpool have been that bad I was contemplating for a moment to get rid of Salah then he scores a penalty, tough on Fulham though Captain points for me.

Just as I type Salah subbed gr

Somehow managing to get a green arrow with Taylor from Burnley to play. My defense has hampered me all season, hoping Burnley can somehow get a clean sheet.

@Torgeirtrap Kane and Son saving me from a disaster of a GW, still very poor score though need something from Salah.

He was? Injury?
    Liverpool have been that bad I was contemplating for a moment to get rid of Salah then he scores a penalty, tough on Fulham though Captain points for me.

Really happy he managed to get something from this game. Only watched parts of the second half, and that was really, really bad by Liverpool's standards.

Interesting that Fulham have beed alright recently. Maybe they'll manage to stay up?

He was? Injury?

Really happy he managed to get something from this game. Only watched parts of the second half, and that was really, really bad by Liverpool's standards.

Interesting that Fulham have beed alright recently. Maybe they'll manage to stay up?

Matip went off for an attacker hopefully it was just tactical as i have already transferred two defenders lol

Not watched much of Fulham since they were last in the Prem they really did not give Liverpool much time and space early on though Liverpool's passing was poor. United v city looks a decent point considering Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool dropped points also.

He was? Injury?

Matip went off for an attacker hopefully it was just tactical as i have already transferred two defenders lol

Not watched much of Fulham since they were last in the Prem they really did not give Liverpool much time and space early on though Liverpool's passing was poor. United v city looks a decent point considering Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool dropped points also.

Probably nothing to worry about then!

For United this was a good week to "only" get a draw, given how the other games went. Still very much in it.
    Matip has a back injury unbelievable, can't catch a break with my defense.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 17,241

Oh, that's bad luck! At least there are options in that price bracket.

Leicester on fire 3 - 0 Vardy and Maddison getting hauls

Every gameweek Vardy is in form, it hurts my overall rank so bad. Haven't looked at mine yet this GW, but I bet it's a significant drop from yesterday. I struggle finding a spot for Leicester assets when there's so many teams to cover.

Every gameweek Vardy is in form, it hurts my overall rank so bad. Haven't looked at mine yet this GW, but I bet it's a significant drop from yesterday. I struggle finding a spot for Leicester assets when there's so many teams to cover.

I had a green arrow not sure now, not having a great season tempted to just start going for it and take hits to match fixtures. City v West Brom I have no City though such a gamble to bring anyone in as could be rested.

Christmas time not the best to make premium player transfers, certainly for hits. Not sure what to do.

I had a green arrow not sure now, not having a great season tempted to just start going for it and take hits to match fixtures. City v West Brom I have no City though such a gamble to bring anyone in as could be rested.

Christmas time not the best to make premium player transfers, certainly for hits. Not sure what to do.

I'm very much in the same boat. Haven't had those significant rank jumps yet, and I don't think I can playing this safe. Getting those captaincy decisions right and bringing in the right players at the right time will be key.

That being said, I think what we need to target is getting through this Christmas period with some green arrows and not too many surprise benchings. Maybe target a few lesser owned players too, along with those players that we can be fairly sure will play most games.

I'm very much in the same boat. Haven't had those significant rank jumps yet, and I don't think I can playing this safe. Getting those captaincy decisions right and bringing in the right players at the right time will be key.

That being said, I think what we need to target is getting through this Christmas period with some green arrows and not too many surprise benchings. Maybe target a few lesser owned players too, along with those players that we can be fairly sure will play most games.

Yeah I am thinking more to just keep picking up points then hit the wildcard and sort my team, if I get a few small green arrows in meantime that will be OKish.

Yeah I am thinking more to just keep picking up points then hit the wildcard and sort my team, if I get a few small green arrows in meantime that will be OKish.

The Christmas period is so difficult anyway, so I think if we manage a few green arrows and not that many red ones, then it's a positive. When we come to the time of the season where the most patient managers starts using their chips, we might see the most changes in the overall ranks.
    Gameweek 13 is just around the corner, but we have time to congratulate our gameweek 12 winner, Honesty FC – scoring impressive 70 points! Congratulations! =D>

0LJgbuC.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    League table standings:

1. Liverpool Richmond: GW 57 - TOT 735
    2. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 66 - TOT 705
    3. Team Extreme: GW 59 - TOT 700
    4. MEJICO POWA: GW 64 - TOT 694
    5. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 62 - TOT 691
    6. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 48 - TOT 675
    7. Ayew Crazy !: GW 66 - TOT 665
    8. Cremonese-killen: GW 56 - TOT 657
    9. False 9 FC: GW 60 - TOT 648
    10. Honesty FC: GW 70 - TOT 646
    11. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 46 - TOT 636
    12. Mesut Özil: GW 54 - TOT 631
    13. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 57 - TOT 628
    14. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 63 - TOT 602
    15. Shoots...he scores: GW 54 - TOT 598
    16. Anfield FC: GW 57 - TOT 539
    17. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 49 - TOT 528
    18. Raging Bulls: GW39 - TOT 499
    ______

Remember the 16.30 deadline tomorrow!
    Mendy in this midweek for me.

Edouard, Nampalys or Benjamin?

It's worth investing in both the Chelsea and City defence, I think. I fancy Chelsea to keep a clean sheet in all of their December matches, something City could manage too.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341

It's worth investing in both the Chelsea and City defence, I think. I fancy Chelsea to keep a clean sheet in all of their December matches, something City could manage too.

Edouardo. Didn't know there were that meny mendy's..... ;))
    Did you make any changes yet ?

None, as I think I might save a transfer! Still trying to decide on the captaincy though…
    Here are the gameweek 13 captaincy picks!
    De Bruyne: 4
    Fernandes: 3
    Son: 3
    Kane: 2
    Martial: 1
    Bamford: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Rashford: 1
    Salah: 1
    Ederson: 1

De Bruyne is the most captained player in our league this gameweek, closely followed by Son and Fernandes. Quite a vardied list of captains this, IMO. It will be really interesting to see which captaincy picks brings in the most points!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,341

None, as I think I might save a transfer! Still trying to decide on the captaincy though…

Got bruno as captain this Gameweek.
    Congratulations Honesty FC
    ---
    Missed the deadline no idea what my team is like well I have forgotten, think I had Bruno as captain and decided to bench Matip I think.

Good pick! I went with De Bruyne, only for the reason I had the armband on him since the last deadline.
    ---
    Missed the deadline no idea what my team is like well I have forgotten, think I had Bruno as captain and decided to bench Matip I think.

Your team looks good for this gameweek, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I expect McCarthy to get a clean sheet, and for your defence, it could easily end up being two 0-0 games. Fernandes is a great captain this gameweek.

Good pick! I went with De Bruyne, only for the reason I had the armband on him since the last deadline.
    ---

Your team looks good for this gameweek, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I expect McCarthy to get a clean sheet, and for your defence, it could easily end up being two 0-0 games. Fernandes is a great captain this gameweek.

De Bruyne is a great pick too as they play West Brom.

---

De Bruyne is a great pick too as they play West Brom.

The issue is that he plays tonight, and should he not bring in the points, those of us that captained him will have to live in the fear that Fernandes hauls until Thursday!
    Cheers @Torgeirtrap

Not having any city assets is a concern though I just could not make the move for hits and risk of rotation.

I am hoping the Liverpool v Spurs will be full of goals. I can't see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet even if they do win.
    Chelsea goal Giroud again, this must be the form of his life.

Looks like its going to end 1 - 1 good result for United Chelsea dropping more points, glad I sold Reece James.

2 - 1 to Wolves deep into stoppage time Neto, full time Neto looks a player.