The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations to ☆Fa3inho FC☆

---

Still thinking I will bank a Free Transfer, my defense is still a bit dodgy though hoping Sais will return this GW.
    Congratulations to ☆Fa3inho FC☆

---

Still thinking I will bank a Free Transfer, my defense is still a bit dodgy though hoping Sais will return this GW.

Saïss is my biggest concern right now. I also have James who's not a certain starter, so I might be looking at making some changes in defence for this GW. Still undecided if I should do one transfer and bank the second one, make two transfers in defence, or take a-4 to change things up a bit.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    One of the hardest decisions to make is who to name captain every week.

Indeed! Landed on Son as my captain for this gameweek, but I've been changing back and forth from him and Kane all week.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Been busy with work completely missed the deadline, my Captain was on Kane. Made no transfers so have 2 Free Transfers banked.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 17,279
    Been busy with work completely missed the deadline, my Captain was on Kane. Made no transfers so have 2 Free Transfers banked.

Could be worse, two transfers can be good to have! Made three transfers myself: Saïss to Vestergaard (a bit of a punt really), Alexander-Arnold (!) to Chilwell, and Podence to Grealish. Might have made one transfers too many for this gameweek, but at least it will – on paper – make my team better prepared for the gameweeks ahead. I desperately need for these moves to pay off immediately though.

_______

Here are the gameweek 8 captaincy picks!
    Son: 6
    Kane: 5
    Aubameyang: 2
    Werner: 2
    Martial: 1
    Keane: 1
    Salah: 1

It's no surprise to see Son and Kane the favoured captaincy picks this gameweek, with 6 and 5 managers backing them respectively. No other captaincy picks come close, with Aubameyang and Werner with two each the closest.

Good luck everyone!

Could be worse, two transfers can be good to have! Made three transfers myself: Saïss to Vestergaard (a bit of a punt really), Alexander-Arnold (!) to Chilwell, and Podence to Grealish. Might have made one transfers too many for this gameweek, but at least it will – on paper – make my team better prepared for the gameweeks ahead. I desperately need for these moves to pay off immediately though.

_______

It's no surprise to see Son and Kane the favoured captaincy picks this gameweek, with 6 and 5 managers backing them respectively. No other captaincy picks come close, with Aubameyang and Werner with two each the closest.

Good luck everyone!

I will certainly make changes after the international break, may get rid of Kane to free up funds as Spurs fixtures are not great.

_______

Good luck everyone!

I will certainly make changes after the international break, may get rid of Kane to free up funds as Spurs fixtures are not great.

I'll likely do the same. Far away from deciding on a replacement though.
    Team I ended up with, not expecting much from defense...
    FOWohlN.png
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,326
    Taylor with a clean sheet and 2 bonus points! Its a miracle :)) My defense delivers points #:-S
    thank-god-gif-hallelujah.gif
    Lamptey's 6 points sitting on my bench, but fortunately Vestergaard delivered as well. For once I'm not too bothered if one of my players misses out!
    Lamptey's 6 points sitting on my bench, but fortunately Vestergaard delivered as well. For once I'm not too bothered if one of my players misses out!

My keeper got a clean sheet also for Saints, it's good to have backup on bench points wise, then there is the drama if one of your first eleven comes on in the 80th minute

My keeper got a clean sheet also for Saints, it's good to have backup on bench points wise, then there is the drama if one of your first eleven comes on in the 80th minute

Really wish I had McCarthy this gameweek, but given Arsenal's form which is not the best, Villa and Martínez might get a clean sheet.

Won't be surprised by a one-minute cameo to block Lamptey's points!

Indeed! Landed on Son as my captain for this gameweek, but I've been changing back and forth from him and Kane all week.

Son captain for me this week as well instead of kane.
    Going into today's games our league is very tight with three of us joint first place, first time I have seen that.

Son captain for me this week as well instead of kane.

Pretty nervous about not captaining Kane, but Son is capable of delivering too.
    Going into today's games our league is very tight with three of us joint first place, first time I have seen that.

A unique situation, for sure!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    yoxugcajpsdb.jpeg

That’s my line up for the week.
    Hoping Werner and Son can do some damage.
    That team is looking strong, @Benny! Werner (C) might be a great differential this gameweek, should Son and/or Kane fail to deliver against West Brom.
    Bamford goal thankfully, Klitch (who is on my bench) assist.

Did not see that United result coming, just made two transfers maybe risky though can not afford to get priced out of these two moves.

Did not see that United result coming, just made two transfers maybe risky though can not afford to get priced out of these two moves.

That Bamford goal was an effective 2.15 points against my team. Given his form I must consider bringing him in. This season I feel like I'm always 2-3 transfers behind where I want my team to be, which is frustrating!

Happy with Fernandes points. With a bit of luck, I might end up with a small green arrow thanks to owning him. Were the two transfers you made for players that have yet to play, or players who have played?
    edited November 2020 Posts: 2,353

That Bamford goal was an effective 2.15 points against my team. Given his form I must consider bringing him in. This season I feel like I'm always 2-3 transfers behind where I want my team to be, which is frustrating!

Happy with Fernandes points. With a bit of luck, I might end up with a small green arrow thanks to owning him. Were the two transfers you made for players that have yet to play, or players who have played?

Bruno was excellent as usual. Some pundits wanted utd to lose so badly.........
    Bamford could have had 2 goals but put his arm out to point to where to play the ball and his arm was offside.

Bruno was excellent as usual. Some pundits wanted utd to lose so badly.........

Not just pundits ;-)
    Bamford could have had 2 goals but put his arm out to point to where to play the ball and his arm was offside.

I feel very fortunate as a non-owner that he only has the one goal by half-time!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Costa own goal has given me a negative X( ~X(
    Still another goal from Bamford would be most welcome...or a hat trick from Werner later [-O<
    Brought Bruno in and one that has not played, wont mention them in case I jinx it lol Though seriously the international games could throw any issues up.

Need some more Bamford points to justify losing out on Wilson points last week.

Ole clearly feeling the pressure, good result though the inconsistency is still a major issue.
    Benny wrote: »
    Still another goal from Bamford would be most welcome...or a hat trick from Werner later [-O<

That's really unlucky! Good fixture for Werner and Chelsea later though, so plenty of opportunities to get a good gameweek score. :-)
    Brought in and one that has not played, wont mention them in case I jinx it lol Though seriously the international games could throw any issues up.

Ooh, that's risky! The player you brought in who hasn't played yet, is he close to going up in price already?

Bamford has looked great so far. Won't be surprised at all if he scores another.

Ole clearly feeling the pressure, good result though the inconsistency is still a major issue.

What are the rumours re. United right now? Should we expect Pochettino to get the job at some point?

That's really unlucky! Good fixture for Werner and Chelsea later though, so plenty of opportunities to get a good gameweek score. :-)
    Brought in and one that has not played, wont mention them in case I jinx it lol Though seriously the international games could throw any issues up.

Ooh, that's risky! The player you brought in who hasn't played yet, is he close to going up in price already?

Bamford has looked great so far. Won't be surprised at all if he scores another.

What are the rumours re. United right now? Should we expect Pochettino to get the job at some point?

Poch is being heavily mentioned, Ole will always be a Legend as a player though as a manager he is very limited.

Ole leaving feels inevitable and that's based on his decision making for me, I would not be surprised despite winning if something happened in the International break though I am probably wrong.

I think if Ole lost today that would have been close to the end, our league form especially at home is terrible.

Palace now leading Leeds 4 - 1 crikey

Poch is being heavily mentioned, Ole will always be a Legend as a player though as a manager he is very limited.

Ole leaving feels inevitable and that's based on his decision making for me, I would not be surprised despite winning if something happened in the International break though I am probably wrong.

I think if Ole lost today that would have been close to the end, our league form especially at home is terrible.

If United were to make a move for Poch, you'd expect it to happen soon, and probably when there's a break anyway. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. And I agree, if United had lost today, you would have though that would have been it.

Quite the result for Palace, that's for sure!

If United were to make a move for Poch, you'd expect it to happen soon, and probably when there's a break anyway. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. And I agree, if United had lost today, you would have though that would have been it.

Leeds will probably finish mid table they are a better attack than Norwich though play just as open as they did in the PL, so heavy defeats will happen.

Leeds will probably finish mid table they are a better attack than Norwich though play just as open as they did in the PL, so heavy defeats will happen.

Agree. With Bielsa in charge and the quality of the team in general Leeds will probably do just fine.

Agree. With Bielsa in charge and the quality of the team in general Leeds will probably do just fine.

Bielsa looks like he's going to have a heart attack the way he paces up and down the touch line.