The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Missed the deadline in WC mode.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Wow I am glad I missed the deadline as I was going to sell Toney. He has scored twice v City away.

People thinking Arsenal can't win the title are sleeping.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Amazing result for Brentford. Means I won't be scoring highly this week, though.
    Yeah I captained Haaland though the result is very satisfying.
    I bet Garath Southgate is thinking 'why did I not select Toney'.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 17,272
    Wow I am glad I missed the deadline as I was going to sell Toney. He has scored twice v City away.

Arsenal will mess up their chances eventually. The squad is too thin right now.

As for Toney, he should definitely have been selected. A safe bet in a penalty shootout as well.

As for Toney, he should definitely have been selected. A safe bet in a penalty shootout as well.

If I were an Arsenal fan I would say the same, I honestly think the Gunners will win the league this year.

If I were an Arsenal fan I would say the same, I honestly think the Gunners will win the league this year.

I don't think they have the squad depth or the experience to go that far. The Thursday night games in the EL is another factor that will take its toll on the team. You also see players targeting (and getting away) with numerous challenges on Saka every week; I fear he will get injured soon, without the protection from the refs. Without him, they are significantly weaker, and the opposition knows it.
    Arsenal steam roll on, I think City have a few issues. Arsenal are so solid at the back I think they will be crowned champions. Of course there is the banana skin of the World Cup it will be interesting to see which players come back unscathed physically or mentally.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,271

For anyone interested in World Cup Fanatsy Football its now active....

FIFA WORLD CUP™ FANTASY
    https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/join-league/6DBTKZGQ

Code for Back of the net league...
    6DBTKZGQ

---

Just watching Highlights from yesterday, Toney is causing City all kinds of problems. Southgate has to bring him in if anyone drops out of the England squad. Pep looked absolutely shell shocked.
    Arsenal steam roll on, I think City have a few issues. Arsenal are so solid at the back I think they will be crowned champions. Of course there is the banana skin of the World Cup it will be interesting to see which players come back unscathed physically or mentally.

The thing is, that even though Arsenal look stable right now, they are just a few bad games and a few injuries from the card house falling. City have players with individual qualities no other team in the league can compare with.

How the World Cup affects the teams when regular games resume will be very interesting. You expect some of the top players in the league to reach pretty far into the tournament. No World Cup for Haaland though, which is a huge advantage for City.

The thing is, that even though Arsenal look stable right now, they are just a few bad games and a few injuries from the card house falling. City have players with individual qualities no other team in the league can compare with.

How the World Cup affects the teams when regular games resume will be very interesting. You expect some of the top players in the league to reach pretty far into the tournament. No World Cup for Haaland though, which is a huge advantage for City.

Any players that reach and lose the final will be the main concern.

Just watching United tough game away to Fulham, no Ronaldo in the squad he may have played his last game.
    Eriksen get in 1 - 0 Bruno assist.
    Eriksen get in 1 - 0 Bruno assist.

No assist for Bruno there, unfortunately.
    Bruno had a bit of a clanger which led to a Dan James goal gr
    United in a bt of trouble since Bruno went to the right and Mctominay as a second striker, needs changing ASAP.
    OMG Garnacho in the dying moments, the kid is special.
    Wow I was about to say we were lucky to get a draw Fulham been the better side, huge win at the end of the day especially after losing last week.

For anyone interested in World Cup Fanatsy Football its now active....

FIFA WORLD CUP™ FANTASY
    https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/join-league/6DBTKZGQ

Code for Back of the net league...
    6DBTKZGQ

---

Just watching Highlights from yesterday, Toney is causing City all kinds of problems. Southgate has to bring him in if anyone drops out of the England squad. Pep looked absolutely shell shocked.

Joined!

Any players that reach and lose the final will be the main concern.

Just watching United tough game away to Fulham, no Ronaldo in the squad he may have played his last game.

Indeed. We also don't know to which extent a mid season tournament will affect the players. I expect quite a few tired players returning to their respective clubs after the tournament…
    It's safe to say that's the last we've seen of Ronaldo in a United shirt.
    Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United forward says he feels 'betrayed' by club
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63619074
    It looks like I will be begrudgingly watching a Piers Morgan interview for the first time.
    I love Ronaldo though no player is bigger than the club, hopefully this will accelerate a parting of company for the good of both parties.
    Here's the final gameweek update before the World Cup! Gameweek 16 can easily be described as a gameweek with massive points swings. The average gameweek was quite low, at 43 points, but looking at our own league as well as other leagues and teams online, we see that plenty teams managed very impressive scores. Owning certain standout players contributed to this; take Danny Ward for example. Those sticking with him through Leicester's bad run were rewarded with 11 points from the goalkeeper spot alone! Our gameweek winner E J Ibanga don't own Ward, but had double digit scores from Kane and Darwin contributing to the gameweek score of 76 points, and a gameweek rank of 67 085. Congratulations! =D>

f6UiYF9.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7:
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    _______

Enjoy the World Cup break, and make sure to have your teams ready by the Boxing Day deadline, Monday 26 December at 11:00 UK time.
    Well I have mixed feelings about the first part of Ronaldo's in quotes 'Interview', I will be happy when he leaves so he and the club can move on.
    Well I have mixed feelings about the first part of Ronaldo's in quotes 'Interview', I will be happy when he leaves so he and the club can move on.

Is it a two-part interview? Haven't seen it myself.

Is it a two-part interview? Haven't seen it myself.

Yeah part 2 is on at 8pm tonight on TalkTV on YouTube, just looking for part 1 though its not available as yet on catch up.

Edited: Found it, Piers has put it on his own channel lol...

Ivan Toney: Brentford striker charged by FA over 232 alleged breaches of betting rules in four-year period
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11748/12749021/ivan-toney-brentford-striker-charged-by-fa-over-232-alleged-breaches-of-betting-rules-in-four-year-period

Think I may need to sell him, I wonder when the 2nd of 3 Wildcards becomes active.
    I have done my first draft for Fantasy World Cup team, I noticed that some players listed are actually not in there respective World Cup squads, the information clearly needs updating.

I can't believe the World Cup starts in 3 days :-O It feels odd not having the usual summer build up.