The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

The official FPL site went down as I was about to decide my transfers, and the app was terribly slow. Right now I don't know who my captain is, or if my transfers went through!
    Sorry for the late update, it's been quite a busy week! Gameweek 14 saw the highest average since gameweek 9, at 59 points. There were several high scoring players, including Newcastle's Almirón, Wilson and Trippier – all present in our twice in a row gameweek winner FC Nostromo's team. Congratulations! =D>

MYQ6NQp.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7:
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    _______

Tomorrow's deadline is a bit later than usual, at 13:30 UK time.

That's a extra late deadline, Sun 6 Nov 00:30 here. :-q

Erling FC
    Knock - 75% chance of playing....again like last week. :-O

The time difference must be really annoying. Do you get to watch many games at all, @007InAction?

I missed out making some changes too in the last minutes but maybe it will will out for the best. ^:)^

Sometimes i watch the games live or i can always watch the replays or mini matches in the morning.

I think if my transfers went through, that I ended up with a -8. Not expecting much this gameweek, no matter how my team looks like.

It's a total shambles how the site can crash like this. A little look on Twitter shows that many managers are in the same situation!

That's not too bad, I guess. I rarely watch replays if I miss a game, but if the time difference was such a factor, I definitely would too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Missed the deadline, Haaland has the armband though read he is benched. I would not put it past him scoring as a sub.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Missed the deadline, Haaland has the armband though read he is benched. I would not put it past him scoring as a sub.

At least you haven't captained Cancelo. I see some managers on Twitter gave him the armband.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I didn't captain him but I did start him. Balls.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

At least you haven't captained Cancelo. I see some managers on Twitter gave him the armband.

Not checked my team was he sent off?
    Here are the gameweek 15 captaincy picks!
    De Bruyne: 8
    Haaland: 5
    Almirón: 2
    Trossard: 1
    Salah: 1
    Saka: 1

With the late news that Haaland was not to start the game at home against Fulham, a lot of managers had to look elsewhere for their captaincy pick. Eight managers in our league favoured De Bruyne as their captain, with Haaland still the second most captained player. Some managers were no doubt affected by the site crashing close to the deadline… The in form Almirón makes the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Yes!

Yes!

Ouch! just checked the score, very likely Haaland will feature if City struggle with 10 men.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Haaland should be on soon but you never know with Sir pep.........
    Haaland should be on soon but you never know with Sir pep.........

True, Salah is my vice captain if Haaland stays benched.
    Haaland on. Did him to Alvárez as my second of three transfers. Will likely do the reverse transfer for gameweek 16.
    Haaland scores unbelievable and in on the bonus points thank god.
    Dam Haaland just got a yellow.

Never been able to understand the no jersey celebrations!

That yellow cost me 4 points maybe even six. The rule is daft though many players over the years have had shirts underneath with messages etc i don't know if that plays into it.

95th minute winner vital points in the title race you can't blame him for celebrating.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 2,341

That yellow cost me 4 points maybe even six. The rule is daft though many players over the years have had shirts underneath with messages etc i don't know if that plays into it.

95th minute winner vital points in the title race you can't blame him for celebrating.

It's a stupid rule but Erling should have some more compassion for us fpl managers who have him in the team :))

I don't mind the eclebration it itself really, it's just the knowledge that it will lead to a yellow no matter what, which makes me question why players still do it. On the flip side, you have to question why a jersey celebration is punished the same way as a nasty challenge might be, or a tactical foul destroying a counter attack…

It's a stupid rule but Erling should have some more compassion for us fpl managers who have him in the team :))

Generous penalty yesterday, to put it mildly. The worst thing is the inconsistency in the decisions, where this is a pen, while similar situations in other games are not.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,105
    Only just saw today's results, a disaster for Man United and for me in FPL... is it the World Cup yet :)).

Newcastle battering Southamptom away is a huge statement of intent.

---
    Unai Emery and Slabhead react to Aston Villa beating Man United

''The gaffer told him to get warmed up, so he could bring him off'
    :)) you got to laugh or I will cry. lol
    ---
    Mikel Arteta and Graham Potter react to Arsenal beating Chelsea 1-0
    I find it a little ridiculous when so many Englishmen who hardly know a single word in another language, mock Unai Emery as if he was some kind of freak for trying his best to speak English and in fact doing it reasonably well except for the pronounciation. If you want a comedy show you can listen to common English people trying to pronounce words in Spanish or French. Now that's funny...
    raw
    For anyone interested in World Cup Fanatsy Football its now active....

FIFA WORLD CUP™ FANTASY
    https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/join-league/6DBTKZGQ

Code for Back of the net league...
    6DBTKZGQ

Champions League last-16 draw in full
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/12740790/liverpool-face-real-madrid-in-champions-league-last-16-as-chelsea-draw-borussia-dortmund

RB Leipzig vs Man City - First leg on Wednesday February 22; Second leg on Tuesday March 14
    Club Brugge vs Benfica - First leg on Wednesday February 15; Second leg on Tuesday March 7
    Liverpool vs Real Madrid - First leg on Tuesday February 21; Second leg on Wednesday March 15
    AC Milan vs Tottenham - First leg on Tuesday February 14; Second leg on Wednesday March 8
    Eintracht Frankfurt vs Napoli - First leg on Tuesday February 21; Second leg on Wednesday March 15
    Borussia Dortmund vs Chelsea - First leg on Wednesday February 15; Second leg on Tuesday March 7
    Inter Milan vs Porto - First leg on Wednesday February 22; Second leg on Tuesday March 14
    PSG vs Bayern Munich - First leg on Tuesday February 14; Second leg on Wednesday March 8

Tough games for the English sides.

Man United have drawn Barcelona in the Europa Play off, I am looking forward to that clash.

Europa League play-off fixtures in full
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11959/12740801/man-utd-face-barcelona-in-europa-league-play-off-as-jose-mourinhos-roma-face-rb-salzburg

Barcelona vs Man Utd
    Juventus vs Nantes
    Sporting Lisbon vs FC Midtjylland
    Shakhtar Donetsk vs Rennes
    Ajax vs Union Berlin
    Bayer Leverkusen vs Monaco
    Sevilla vs PSV Eindhoven
    RB Salzburg vs Roma

---
    Apparently Liverpool are up for sale...
    A bit late again, but here's the gameweek 15 update! This was a particularly tricky gameweek, especially for those of us waiting until the last minutes for team news and leaks – and then the site went down! Many managers didn't get their transfers through, which probably affected the gameweek average score somewhat. We still had some very good scores in our league though, best of which was Hakuna Mateta !'s 77 points, our gameweek 15 winner. Congratulations! =D>

Ji3rwfr.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7:
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    _______

Remember the gameweek 16 deadline this Saturday ar 11:00 UK time! This will be the final gameweek before the World Cup.
    jobo wrote: »
    I find it a little ridiculous when so many Englishmen who hardly know a single word in another language, mock Unai Emery as if he was some kind of freak for trying his best to speak English and in fact doing it reasonably well except for the pronounciation. If you want a comedy show you can listen to common English people trying to pronounce words in Spanish or French. Now that's funny...
    raw

I'm simple enough to find Unai Emery's pronunciation a bit funny, still well aware that he speaks several languages. It will be interesting to see if the language barrier will be an issue at Villa.
    For anyone interested in World Cup Fanatsy Football its now active....

FIFA WORLD CUP™ FANTASY
    https://play.fifa.com/fantasy-classic/join-league/6DBTKZGQ

Code for Back of the net league...
    6DBTKZGQ

Thanks for the link! Will probably set up a team to have some form of fantasy football to play in the weeks the World Cup is on. I usually play the Norwegian and Swedish Fantasy games as well, but the Swedes ended their season last weekend, and the Norwegian league finishes this weekend.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 2,341
    KDB in action ;)
    That's proper foot skills!

Sitting here thing about what to do with my team. Do I bring Haaland back? Do I trust the FPL servers not to crash again? A lot to think about until the deadline!
    Phew! Doesn't look like the servers had any issues this time around, looking at my Twitter timeline.
    Phew! Doesn't look like the servers had any issues this time around, looking at my Twitter timeline.

Did you make any changes ?
    I brought in saka and Almirón for martinelli and rashford.

Did you make any changes ?
    I brought in saka and Almirón for martinelli and rashford.

Haaland and Foden in for De Bruyne and Álvarez for me (-4). Could backfire, but Álvarez starts on the bench.
    Here are the gameweek 16 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 14
    Salah: 2
    De Bruyne: 1
    Trossard: 1
    Jesus: 1

Haaland is back in the City starting eleven, and back as the (by far) most captained player in our league. 14 managers have handed him the armband, with Salah being the only other player backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!