The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Kane injured not looking good.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Kane ok , come on ENGLAND!

Nasty collision with the post, that.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,102

Bellingham took a nasty knock, seems okay. Job done it seems I was wrong about Sterling being selected he has done very well.

Bellingham took a nasty knock, seems okay. Job done it seems I was wrong about Sterling being selected he has done very well.

Yeah, Sterling has done well today. Playing at home is a motivation too, no doubt.

Yeah, Sterling has done well today. Playing at home is a motivation too, no doubt.

England do have an embarrassment of riches probably the second best squad in the tournament, a lot of the England fringe players would start for most teams.

Great win job done, did enough and never really looked in danger. Two WC semi finalists good test for England.

England do have an embarrassment of riches probably the second best squad in the tournament, a lot of the England fringe players would start for most teams.

Great win job done, did enough and never really looked in danger. Two WC semi finalists good test for England.

Indeed, the overall quality of the team is impressive. I think a lot of England's success in this tournament will come down to individual performances and Southgate's tactics. It worked today.
    In patches the teams that have impressed me so far are Italy, Belgium and England.
    In patches the teams that have impressed me so far are Italy, Belgium and England.

Indeed. All of them look really strong, and we can expect all of them to reach far.
    Dam fell asleep and missed the Holland game, first time had a drink since christmas and clearly cant handle drink lol

Typical i had Mijnaldum in one of my late drafts and he scores, also Cancelo is out great I will be lucky to field 11 players now after making those subs yesterday.

Despite being part Scottish I hope they draw today (I am mostly English).
    Scotland look pretty poor, if England turn up they should run riot against there defence. Though Derby atmosphere will make Scotland tougher.
    Joao Cancelo loses Euro 2020 place after testing positive for COVID-19
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/news/joao-cancelo-portugal-coronavirus-diogo-dalot/ANvkzuVql3Ip?amp=1
    That's my first transfer decided.
    Bad luck, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Missed the transfer deadline myself, as I was busy at work. Think I need to chance making my transfers early, so that I don't miss the deadlines going forward.
    Bad luck, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Missed the transfer deadline myself, as I was busy at work. Think I need to chance making my transfers early, so that I don't miss the deadlines going forward.

Not sure who to bring in, also got a few players I want rid off. May hit a chip before next round of games.

Just made a transfer, Cancelo to Stones. Scotland looked very poor in attack today.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241

Not sure who to bring in, also got a few players I want rid off. May hit a chip before next round of games.

Just made a transfer, Cancelo to Stones. Scotland looked very poor in attack today.

Haven't really thought about transfers yet, but I see that my team already needs a few changes. Might play a chip soon too.

That's a good move, IMO. Expect Stones will be one of the most nailed on to start every game for England.
    Hungary certainly battling and what a great crowd, making life difficult for Portugal. I need points from Bruno and Ronny.
    God Hungary scored though offside, gone to VAR... clear offside.
    Portugal 1 - 0 and now have a penalty, come on Ronny... need those points.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll!!!

Portugal 2 - 0 Ronny scores in five consecutive Euro's, 10 goals in total in the competition.
    Damn, those Ronaldo goals hurt, being a non-owner…
    Ronny with a second, great goal... get in. 3- 0

Ten minutes ago the way Portugal were going i was considering hitting my wildcard and getting rid of Bruno and Ronaldo :))

Ten minutes ago the way Portugal were going i was considering hitting my wildcard and getting rid of Bruno and Ronaldo :))

Might transfer out Jota. With Germany and France up next, I won't expect many points from him. Bruno and of course Ronaldo, are probably more likely to be involved in Portugal goals.

Might transfer out Jota. With Germany and France up next, I won't expect many points from him. Bruno and of course Ronaldo, are probably more likely to be involved in Portugal goals.

I have a feeling Portugal will score v Germany. Not happy with my team though leaving Chip for Matchday 3, some teams will rotate there squads some will still have a lot to play for, though I really wish I had a few France players for there second game.

I have a feeling Portugal will score v Germany. Not happy with my team though leaving Chip for Matchday 3, some teams will rotate there squads some will still have a lot to play for, though I really wish I had a few France players for there second game.

Yes, I don't think Germany will keep a clean sheet either, though I won't be surprised if it will be a very low scoring game.

I only got Griezmann from the French team, but with all the attacking power of that squad, points can easily be shared between the strikers.

Yes, I don't think Germany will keep a clean sheet either, though I won't be surprised if it will be a very low scoring game.

I only got Griezmann from the French team, but with all the attacking power of that squad, points can easily be shared between the strikers.

If France score again game over here I think, Germany look a disjointed.

Did you see the idiot Parachutist enter the stadium...
    Great chance for Gnabry.

Germany going for it and playing well.

Great goal by Mbappe... Though offside.

Game over Benzema goal, good counter attacking goal. Wow disallowed, drama continues.

France 1 - 0 Germany, France worth the win look tough to breakdown.

If France score again game over here I think, Germany look a disjointed.

Did you see the idiot Parachutist enter the stadium...

No, didn't have the chance to watch the entire game, so I missed that. Wow!
    Great chance for Gnabry.

Germany going for it and playing well.

Great goal by Mbappe... Though offside.

Game over Benzema goal, good counter attacking goal. Wow disallowed, drama continues.

France 1 - 0 Germany, France worth the win look tough to breakdown.

Good game, despite only the own goal separating the teams. Always felt like there would be more goals.
    Still in two minds regarding Chips, to be honest not thought it through enough to device any kind of strategy. I need to go out shortly though will have a few hours before Transfer window shuts later, I need to read the rules and chip information again lol

Edited: Looking at this begs the question do we really need to save our chips...
    m1qo6b7.png
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12309208/pl-fixtures-2021-22-man-city-start-at-spurs-man-utd-host-leeds

The opening weekend games
    Here's the first round of fixtures for the 2021/22 Premier League season, which kicks off on August 14:

Brentford vs Arsenal

Burnley vs Brighton

Chelsea vs Crystal Palace

Everton vs Southampton

Leicester City vs Wolverhampton

Manchester United vs Leeds United

Newcastle United vs West Ham United

Norwich City vs Liverpool

Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City

Watford vs Aston Villa

Full Fixture List...
    https://www.skysports.com/premier-league-fixtures

Tough start for Chelsea.
    Still in two minds regarding Chips, to be honest not thought it through enough to device any kind of strategy. I need to go out shortly though will have a few hours before Transfer window shuts later, I need to read the rules and chip information again lol

Edited: Looking at this begs the question do we really need to save our chips...
    m1qo6b7.png

Yes, that's a good point re. chips. Haven't used one yet, but I will likely do so soon.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12309208/pl-fixtures-2021-22-man-city-start-at-spurs-man-utd-host-leeds

Here's the first round of fixtures for the 2021/22 Premier League season, which kicks off on August 14:

Brentford vs Arsenal

Burnley vs Brighton

Everton vs Southampton

Watford vs Aston Villa

Full Fixture List...

Tough start for Chelsea.

And a tough start for Arsenal, looking at those first few fixtures…

m1qo6b7.png

Yes, that's a good point re. chips. Haven't used one yet, but I will likely do so soon.

Brentford vs Arsenal

Burnley vs Brighton

Everton vs Southampton

Watford vs Aston Villa

Full Fixture List...

Tough start for Chelsea.

And a tough start for Arsenal, looking at those first few fixtures…

I ended up just using the 2 free transfers, I am hoping my squad will still pick up decent points.

Italy scored Chiellini, Insigne assist I think.

VAR says handball, no goal.