The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited December 2021 Posts: 17,280
    Feyador wrote: »
    With two transfers I'm looking to bring in Mount, Bernardo & Dennis on a hit. My forwards have been a disaster area in recent weeks.

Loved WH against Chelsea today! Proper football [whatever that is ...]!

Really good game between West Ham and Chelsea, but I hated that Antonio got an assist when I benched him!

Still undecided what to do with my two transfers. It really depends on who stands out this weekend. All three you mention are on my watchlist, as well as King, Gündogan, Son and Ronaldo. Bowen will be one to consider too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Only just seen the Chelsea result, certainly makes things interesting for top for though West Ham look the more likely for the 4th spot right now.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited December 2021 Posts: 735
    Chelsea have a very strong squad, almost as strong as MCFC, but for whatever reason, and perhaps coincidently, they don't look as strong with Lukaku. Maybe that'll change. Certainly the absence of Kante doesn't help; and Chilwell, too. Alonso looked well off it and was subbed early. I think I made a wrong pick in bringing him, as a second Chelsea defender, into my fantasy team. I mean, suddenly Chelsea are giving up goals! And Mount was by far their best player today.

WHU are fun to root for! You just know that they're playing well above their collective talent level, but hard work and character will take them a long way. The top three don't have a mid-field duo as dependable as Rice & Soucek and even when Antonio isn't scoring he's working hard and making things happen, almost a playmaker as much as a striker. Favorable fixtures ahead make him difficult to transfer out. But the loss of Zouma today means WHU are without their top-two central defenders. And still without Cresswell, too ...
    Only just seen the Chelsea result, certainly makes things interesting for top for though West Ham look the more likely for the 4th spot right now.

The race for fourth should be as tight as the race for 1st!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Liverpool score in the closing minutes, thought they were going to drop points. Huge win for Liverpool there. Origi goal Salah (C) assist.
    The one thing in United's favour is we still have a chance of top four despite being utterly abysmal.

No guarantee Rangnick will sort the team out immediately though we should be a more solid unit and defend and attack as a team and not as individuals.
    With two transfers I'm looking to bring in Mount, Bernardo & Dennis on a hit. My forwards have been a disaster area in recent weeks.

Really good game between West Ham and Chelsea, but I hated that Antonio got an assist when I benched him!

Still undecided what to do with my two transfers. It really depends on who stands out this weekend. All three you mention are on my watchlist, as well as King, Gündogan, Son and Ronaldo. Bowen will be one to consider too.

I almost benched Antonio today--but had a good feeling about WHU at home. Suddenly everything seems sunshine & light with the Hammers and their supporters, what's going on!

I don't know what to do with my forwards. Dennis has come out of nowhere and is having a great year--but you'd have to think he's going to be called into the Nigeria squad for AFCON, which means maybe selecting King instead, though potentially without both Saar and Dennis he looks less good as an option. I think we're going to see more rotation in the MCFU midfield, though Silva's been pretty-much a constant all year. Would love to play 451 with Ronaldo as the 1, but I don't think that's possible without a wild card right now.
    Chelsea have a very strong squad, almost as strong as MCFC, but for whatever reason, and perhaps coincidently, they don't look as strong with Lukaku. Maybe that'll change. Certainly the absence of Kante doesn't help; and Chilwell, too. Alonso looked well off it and was subbed early. I think I made a wrong pick in bringing him, as a second Chelsea defender, into my fantasy team. I mean, suddenly Chelsea are giving up goals! And Mount was by far their best player today.

WHU are fun to root for! You just know that they're playing well above their collective talent level, but hard work and character will take them a long way. The top three don't have a mid-field duo as dependable as Rice & Soucek and even when Antonio isn't scoring he's working hard and making things happen, almost a playmaker as much as a striker. Favorable fixtures ahead make him difficult to transfer out. But the loss of Zouma today means WHU are without their top-two central defenders. And still without Cresswell, too ...

All good points. I've been thinking about transferring out Antonio for a long time, but there's always another transfer or two that needs to be made first. And since West Ham's fixtures turns it will be even harder to transfer him out.

I almost benched Antonio today--but had a good feeling about WHU at home. Suddenly everything seems sunshine & light with the Hammers and their supporters, what's going on!

I don't know what to do with my forwards. Dennis has come out of nowhere and is having a great year--but you'd have to think he's going to be called into the Nigeria squad for AFCON, which means maybe selecting King instead, though potentially without both Saar and Dennis he looks less good as an option. I think we're going to see more rotation in the MCFU midfield, though Silva's been pretty-much a constant all year. Would love to play 451 with Ronaldo as the 1, but I don't think that's possible without a wild card right now.

It was Livramento or Antonio for me, and I thought I'd made an alright decision until Soton lost their clean sheet late in added time…

The advantage with King (and Dennis – if you don't count the fact that he might be off for AFCON), is that they're cheap enough to be on the bench as well as good enough options to start. King can be a bit on and off in form IMO, so not 100% sure if he's the one to bring in yet.

The 4-5-1 with Ronaldo has crossed my mind as well, but as you say, it's not something that's easy to manage without a wildcard or taking multiple hits.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,334
    Made three transfers - 4 had a brain wave Hope it pays off in the coming weeks, changed two of my strikers and a midfielder.
    Made three transfers - 4 had a brain wave Hope it pays off in the coming weeks, changed two of my strikers and a midfielder.

Not ruling out an overhaul of the team either. In fact, a -4 is very likely for me as well (though I want to wait a bit longer until I make any moves).

Not ruling out an overhaul of the team either. In fact, a -4 is very likely for me as well (though I want to wait a bit longer until I make any moves).

Low scoring week so - 4 at this stage not concerned. The way my team is set up now I should be able to hold on to my next Wildcard for some time. I have a plan in motion for Salah also.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2021 Posts: 2,353

All good points. I've been thinking about transferring out Antonio for a long time, but there's always another transfer or two that needs to be made first. And since West Ham's fixtures turns it will be even harder to transfer him out.

It was Livramento or Antonio for me, and I thought I'd made an alright decision until Soton lost their clean sheet late in added time…

The advantage with King (and Dennis – if you don't count the fact that he might be off for AFCON), is that they're cheap enough to be on the bench as well as good enough options to start. King can be a bit on and off in form IMO, so not 100% sure if he's the one to bring in yet.

The 4-5-1 with Ronaldo has crossed my mind as well, but as you say, it's not something that's easy to manage without a wildcard or taking multiple hits.

I picked Livramento and benched Antonio too.

Some very very late goals this gw,
    D Origi (90+4' 94th minute) winner from a nice Salah assist.
    N Maupay (90+8' 98th minute) equaliser
    Great goal by Masuaku for the hammers win.

Did Masuaku mean that goal, his first in the prem? Either way, it was definitely a WTF moment. Doesn't matter, of course ... and I'm happy to see him doing well after an initially poor start to his WHU career.

City just purred on Saturday ... and Watford did well to keep the score down in the second half, and even clawed one back. Gotta like their attackers going forward, notwithstanding AFCON.

Although they narrowly lost today, Wolves have been quietly doing very well defendively. May ditch Alonso for the 4.3 Ait-Nouri at some point ....
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Did Masuaku mean that goal, his first in the prem? Either way, it was definitely a WTF moment. Doesn't matter, of course ... and I'm happy to see him doing well after an initially poor start to his WHU career.

City just purred on Saturday ... and Watford did well to keep the score down in the second half, and even clawed one back. Gotta like their attackers going forward, notwithstanding AFCON.

Although they narrowly lost today, Wolves have been quietly doing very well defendively. May ditch Alonso for the 4.3 Ait-Nouri at some point ....

Looked like Masuaku meant to shoot to me.
    AFCON is from 9 January – 6 February 2022.
    We need Salah but it looks like he'll miss only 2 epl games.

Low scoring week so - 4 at this stage not concerned. The way my team is set up now I should be able to hold on to my next Wildcard for some time. I have a plan in motion for Salah also.

That makes taking an early -4 more understandable. I hope to set up my team so that I can keep the second wildcard for some time, but injuries and issues keeps popping up in my team! :))

Indeed. That Maupay goal was so annoying, haha! Wonder if Livramento was close ro bonus points before that goal went in?

Really regret making that Alonso transfer. A cheaper defender and upgrading elsewhere would have been better. still not to late to reverse the decision though; Ait-Nouri might be one to consider.
    United win 1 - 0 can't ask for much more with so little time for Ragnick to prepare, plus a clean sheet.

Got a decent run now hopefully gain some ground on the top four.

As more restrictions come into effect in the UK there could be quite a knock on effect on Footballers as well as Fans.
    And chaos for those of us playing FPL (not that it matters, of course) ...

I'd already shifted Jimenez/Raphinha earlier in the week for Dennis/Mount - but with the cancelled Brighton - Spurs game I'm going to take a minus 4 to bring in De Gea for Sanchez and watch those clean sheets roll in (hopefully) for the upcoming United fixtures ...
    We're not done with Covid, so we'll have to expect knock on effects for football. From an FPL point of view, we will just have to navigate the unexpected blanks the best way we can. It can even be an opportunity to make bigger changes for our teams.

I'm undecided what to do right now. Thought it was best to not make any transfers until close to the deadline, and that was probably a good thing. My team is lit up like a Christmas tree right now, so my original plan looks to go out the window…
    We're not done with Covid, so we'll have to expect knock on effects for football. From an FPL point of view, we will just have to navigate the unexpected blanks the best way we can. It can even be an opportunity to make bigger changes for our teams.

I'm undecided what to do right now. Thought it was best to not make any transfers until close to the deadline, and that was probably a good thing. My team is lit up like a Christmas tree right now, so my original plan looks to go out the window…

Its a rare occasion when I am happy most of my bench (excluding keeper) are first team players in case I need them as back up.
    Better late than never! Here's the gameweek 15 update.
    Gameweek 15 was a tricky gameweek for many of us, since highly owned assets like the Chelsea defenders and City defenders failed to deliver. Salah "only" managed an assist and a clean sheet, so those that were brave to put the armband on Son or Bernardo Silva, were rewarded for the risk taken. One manager in our league backed Bernardo Silva for points, which resulted in 30 point on the captaincy alone!Congratulations to CSAC!
    =D>

4WCIMY7.png

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    League table standings:

1. FC Nostromo: GW 49 - TOT 1015
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 48 - TOT 985
    3. CSAC: GW 74 - TOT 908
    4. MEJICO POWA: GW 40 - TOT 899
    5. أبو كاتم : GW 48 - TOT 862
    6. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 46 - TOT 856
    7. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 43 - TOT 854
    8. Incredible XI: GW 43 - TOT 853
    9. Cremonese-Killen: GW 56 - TOT 852
    10. Kicked in Dias: GW 41 - TOT 844
    11. Team Extreme: GW 39 - TOT 827
    12. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 51 - TOT 815
    13. The Vardy Boyz: GW 27 - TOT 800
    14. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 35 - TOT 794
    15. Charlton Pathetic: GW 51 - TOT 787
    16. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 36 - TOT 783
    17. Anfield FC: GW 43 - TOT 775
    18. Bad gang XI: GW 46 - TOT 767
    19. �: GW 45 - TOT 764
    20. Liverpool Richmond: GW 44 - TOT 731
    21. on the throne: GW 34 - TOT 728
    22. Lucky Ducks: GW 26 - TOT 690
    23. GoldyThe Ref: GW 41 - TOT 672
    24. Red Warriors: GW 54 - TOT 670
    25. Benny's Blues: GW 38 - TOT 664
    26. The Best: GW 29 - TOT 639
    27. CFC: GW 47 - TOT 558
    28. United Team: GW 34 - TOT 500

––––––––––––

Its a rare occasion when I am happy most of my bench (excluding keeper) are first team players in case I need them as back up.

Having back up players will be very important during this period. I could have relied on Livramento and Hwang to come on from the bench this gameweek, but I decided on a more aggressive approach, bringing in Bowen, Bernardo Silva and King for a -4. Not sure on King as an option, but he comes at a good price and makes for a decent Toney replacement (my other two transfers our were Smith-Rowe and Raphinha).
    Oh no did not realise there was a game tonight, I did not sort my team out lol Bruno had the armband. Oh well I can just hope he delivers.
    Gameweek 15 was a tricky gameweek for many of us, since highly owned assets like the Chelsea defenders and City defenders failed to deliver. Salah "only" managed an assist and a clean sheet, so those that were brave to put the armband on Son or Bernardo Silva, were rewarded for the risk taken. One manager in our league backed Bernardo Silva for points, which resulted in 30 point on the captaincy alone!Congratulations to CSAC!
    =D>

4WCIMY7.png

Gameweek winners:

League table standings:

––––––––––––

Having back up players will be very important during this period. I could have relied on Livramento and Hwang to come on from the bench this gameweek, but I decided on a more aggressive approach, bringing in Bowen, Bernardo Silva and King for a -4. Not sure on King as an option, but he comes at a good price and makes for a decent Toney replacement (my other two transfers our were Smith-Rowe and Raphinha).

Sounds like excellent business!

Jota & Foden are the latest (non-covid) doubts for this GW ...

... and there's a quick turnaround with GW 17 starting on Tuesday.
    Congratulations to CSCA
    Oh no did not realise there was a game tonight, I did not sort my team out lol Bruno had the armband. Oh well I can just hope he delivers.

Bad luck! These Friday night deadlines are so easy to forget…
    =D>

4WCIMY7.png

Gameweek winners:

League table standings:

––––––––––––

Sounds like excellent business!

Jota & Foden are the latest (non-covid) doubts for this GW ...

... and there's a quick turnaround with GW 17 starting on Tuesday.

Can only hope it pays off! I decided to go back to my original plan last minute, and keep Jota and Foden who I had thought about transferring out. Foden might feature (though it's far from certain), and since Jota's injury looks to be muscular, he might be back soon. If not, then either one of them to Mount might be something to consider. United's fixtures improve too.

The advantage with the quick turnaround of gameweeks, is that you can quickly forget a bad gameweek and focus on the next :))
    Here are the gameweek 16 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 16
    Ronaldo: 3
    Grealish: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Lukaku: 1
    Mount: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Vardy: 1
    King: 1
    Maddison: 1

Salah is unsurprisingly yet again our most captained player. But as we can see from this list, we have a greater span of captaincy picks than previous gameweeks. Ronaldo, with a decent fixture playing Norwich is the only other pålayer backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,334
    Me bringing in Dennis paid off as he has scored, been in good form lately.

Salah is unsurprisingly yet again our most captained player. But as we can see from this list, we have a greater span of captaincy picks than previous gameweeks. Ronaldo, with a decent fixture playing Norwich is the only other pålayer backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Ronaldo & Son (those double game weeks!) have to come in for me by the beginning of January, if I can manage it ...
    Me bringing in Dennis paid off as he has scored, been in good form lately.

Had to pick between Dennis and King before the deadline. Guess I went for the wrong one…

Ronaldo & Son (those double game weeks!) have to come in for me by the beginning of January, if I can manage it ...

Yes, getting Sp*rs and United cover will be important. I hope to bring in Ronaldo before January (form depending), but that will take some restructuring.
    I transferred King out to get Dennis in which was kind of a side ways move.