The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott

---

Just looked at my team for the first time in weeks got a few doubts and I had already took an 8 point Hit.

Any KDB owners if any he is out of this GW due to testing positive.

Considering a hit myself too. My plan was to transfer out Azpilicueta for James, but making the transfer before heading to bed, I somehow managed to do Chillwell out for James instead! Can't do anything about that now, so I will only have to hope Azpi plays today.

KDB out is a blow for City, but that should be able to manage with the players available. Not happy with what Pep had to say about Foden. Seems like he'll either start or maybe just make a cameo appearance… Don't think I'll risk taking hm out for a hit though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

---

Just looked at my team for the first time in weeks got a few doubts and I had already took an 8 point Hit.

Considering a hit myself too. My plan was to transfer out Azpilicueta for James, but making the transfer before heading to bed, I somehow managed to do Chillwell out for James instead! Can't do anything about that now, so I will only have to hope Azpi plays today.

KDB out is a blow for City, but that should be able to manage with the players available. Not happy with what Pep had to say about Foden. Seems like he'll either start or maybe just make a cameo appearance… Don't think I'll risk taking hm out for a hit though.

Been working so missed majority of team news as a Foden owner I was hoping he would get a run, my bench is much better in case he is completely rested.

My season is dead though will conitune playing I may stumble on a high GW if I keep taking random hits.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,266
    Ole had said Greenwood has tested positive.

Hopefully this will be Ole last game so fed up with this situation at United.

---

Been working so missed majority of team news as a Foden owner I was hoping he would get a run, my bench is much better in case he is completely rested.

My season is dead though will conitune playing I may stumble on a high GW if I keep taking random hits.

People have climbed from similar ranks into the top 100k before, so it's just about nailing a few captaincies and getting the team back on track, and you can make big climbs in the overall ranking. There's so much of the season left!

City don't play until tomorrow, so that gives Foden another day to get fit. Hopefully he plays.
    Ole had said Greenwood has tested positive.

Hopefully this will be Ole last game so fed up with this situation at United.

Watching the Norwegian pre-game broadcast, the journo TV 2 have in Manchester, speculated that he might still be safe from what he'd learned from sources, but that they need results in the CL.
    Watford winning my first sub King with the goal, United good easily be 3 - 0 down atrocious, this has to end.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    ManU riding their luck against Watford ...

... a really poor LCFC was systematically destroyed by Chelsea

And I doubt KDB is worth the price, imo ... he's injury prone and now seems subject to Pep roulette like most of the others
    Feyador wrote: »

And I doubt KDB is worth the price, imo ... he's injury prone and now seems subject to Pep roulette like most of the others. And City is spreading the points around.

United have been dead for weeks/months this farce needs to end and the club are doing Ole no favours prolonging this.

KDB not had him in my team this season, not hitting the heights of previous campaigns and true little value.
    2 - 0 not surprised, United board end this or we will be out of the CL and way off top four ffs.
    2 - 0 not surprised, United board end this or we will be out of the CL and way off top four ffs.

Ole can't survive a loss here, can he?

Ole has over stayed his welcome he should have been sacked ages ago, todays result has not surprised me one bit the team have lost all confidence in Ole and his terrible tactics. This is the United boards fault now they need to act as soon as the game ends.

Ole has over stayed his welcome he should have been sacked ages ago, todays result has not surprised me one bit the team have lost all confidence in Ole and his terrible tactics. This is the United boards fault now they need to act as soon as the game ends.

Players look like they're trying to get him fired ....

Players look like they're trying to get him fired ....

I don't blame them to be honest, Ole will always be a legend though his position has become untenable, with Chelsea and Arsenal up next this team under Ole's management wont get a single point from that and we will lose in the CL vs Villareal.

If Ole had been sacked after the Liverpool game we may have had the chance to salvage our season under a new coach, now its too late I fear certainly getting further in the CL.
    Neglected DVDB comes on and scores, the irony.
    Aguero its been announced has been forced to retire from football.

---

Well this could be the final nail Maguire Red Card.
    Not doing his manager any favors ...

... and only 2 clean sheets in 25 for the defense.
    4 - 1 sack him now
    And now humiliated by ... Watford !

And I doubt KDB is worth the price, imo ... he's injury prone and now seems subject to Pep roulette like most of the others

De Bruyne isn't the FPL asset he's been in earlier seasons, that's for sure. More value owning Dias, Foden and Cancelo. Pep roulette is another factor that complicates things.
    Aguero its been announced has been forced to retire from football.

Oh, that's sad news. Such a great player, who had deserved several more years of playing football. But thinking about what happened to Eriksen this summer, it's no doubt best not taking any risks.
    Template defense: TAA / Cancelo / James / Chilwell + 1 Without an injury or severe loss of form I can't see shifting from this anytime soon.

Are any premium strikers going to step up? I like Dennis as a budget enabler - but of course he's not going to face United every week (sorry!)
    According to Mark Ogden, 'Ole's at the wheel' was being sung at Anfield by both sets of fans.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 735
    Assuming nothing serious today Jota @ 7.5 is a good pick going forward with Firmino out injured. Should be a starter right through the AFCON when we'll all be looking for a Salah replacement.

Jota will probably rise in price this week. A good but not perfect source for anticipated FPL price rises & drops is the following:

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/Home/IndexAndroid2
    Template defense: TAA / Cancelo / James / Chilwell + 1 Without an injury or severe loss of form I can't see shifting from this anytime soon.

Are any premium strikers going to step up? I like Dennis as a budget enabler - but of course he's not going to face United every week (sorry!)

Indeed. That defence looks to be the one to have right now.

I'm fine with no premium strikers stepping up, as long as we have budget/ mid priced options to choose from. Right now however, I wish the game allowed for no strikers to be played!
    According to Mark Ogden, 'Ole's at the wheel' was being sung at Anfield by both sets of fans.

Good news for both Liverpool and Arsenal that United lost today. If Arsenal (my team in PL) want to have a shot at a top six finish, they need to keep United behind them. By the end of the season however (and very likely much sooner), I bet United will find form, and sneak past Arsenal on the table.

Assuming nothing serious today Jota @ 7.5 is a good pick going forward with Firmino out injured. Should be a starter right through the AFCON when we'll all be looking for a Salah replacement.

Jota will probably rise in price this week. A good but not perfect source for anticipated FPL price rises is the following:

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/Home/IndexAndroid2

FPL Statistics looks to be the most reliable price change predictor around. It's not right in predicting price changes all the time, but more often than not.

Jota will definitely be a player to target, even more so during AFCON. Hopefully, we'll have just as many good options by then.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 735
    The top three three looks to be set in the league. But 4th is indeed 'up for grabs' ... I like Arsenal's chances, despite the result today.

Ole had that haunted, hunted look of someone under duress in the post-game interview. He seems like such a decent guy ... and it's not all on him. That was Watford! Those players should be beating them with their eyes closed!
    Ole sacked should be announced shortly.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,352
    I benched Tyrone Mings, ouch 15 points.
    OGS hopefully will be sacked because that's all the pundits talk about every day........ 8-}
    Ian Wright Puts Fan Questions To Arsène Wenger
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 17,270
    The top three three looks to be set in the league. But 4th is indeed 'up for grabs' ... I like Arsenal's chances, despite the result today.

Ole had that haunted, hunted look of someone under duress in the post-game interview. He seems like such a decent guy ... and it's not all on him. That was Watford! Those players should be beating them with their eyes closed!

I think Sp*rs will find form under Conte, and be up for that spot. Arsenal are still just a young team "in progress", and I expect that inexperience to impact their chances.

Ole might be a decent guy, but I really don't feel sorry for him. His ties with friend and agent Jim Solbakken, and the Babacar Sarr case from Solskjær's time in Molde really gives a bad taste in my mouth every time I see the guy on the TV. I haven't had the stomach to watch many United games under his reign because of that.

The timing puzzles me. The international break would have been the ideal time for a new manager to at least begin to settle at the club; now they're throwing whoever they bring in into a very difficult situation, with the Christmas schedule just around the corner.

I think Sp*rs will find form under Conte, and be up for that spot. Arsenal are still just a young team "in progress", and I expect that inexperience to impact their chances.

Ole might be a decent guy, but I really don't feel sorry for him. His ties with friend and agent Jim Solbakken, and the Babacar Sarr case from Solskjær's time in Molde really gives a bad taste in my mouth every time I see the guy on the TV. I haven't had the stomach to watch many United games under his reign because of that.

The timing puzzles me. The international break would have been the ideal time for a new manager to at least begin to settle at the club; now they're throwing whoever they bring in into a very difficult situation, with the Christmas schedule just around the corner.

I think the board were hoping Ole would carry us to a top four place, I knew the severity of the issues the board clearly did not. I knew we would lose yesterday though many United fans expected a win which was baffling to me, its been clear all season post Europa Final the team was in a mess the coaching has been appalling.

I have said before that last season with no crowds was a fake season and I never saw 2nd place as a step forward. For most off Ole tenure he has played safety first football and relied on individual talent, Ole often said 'we are United lets play the United way', empty words as he was ultra defensive and his first priority was always to protect his job first.
    Pep Roulette strikes again, from my 3 City players one point gr.

Perfect game at home for Conte today, i expect a lot a goal vs Leeds.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 17,270

I think the board were hoping Ole would carry us to a top four place, I knew the severity of the issues the board clearly did not. I knew we would lose yesterday though many United fans expected a win which was baffling to me, its been clear all season post Europa Final the team was in a mess the coaching has been appalling.

I have said before that last season with no crowds was a fake season and I never saw 2nd place as a step forward. For most off Ole tenure he has played safety first football and relied on individual talent, Ole often said 'we are United lets play the United way', empty words as he was ultra defensive and his first priority was always to protect his job first.

That second place finish certainly painted the cracks a bit, which might be why the board backed him for so long. But he's not a master tactician, and much like his time in Norway, he's been fortunate to have players that can do things on their own; Fernandes, Ronaldo etc. in United, Wolff Eikrem, Haaland etc. in Molde.
    Pep Roulette strikes again, from my 3 City players one point gr.

Perfect game at home for Conte today, i expect a lot a goal vs Leeds.

Just the one point from Foden, but was fortunate to have Cancelo delivering. Even so, it will be a red arrow for me this gameweek. The transfer blunder on Friday night really messed up this gameweek.

Indeed, those with Sp*rs assets will be licking their lips seeing them playing a Leeds team without Raphinha.