The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    My good fortune continues, I brought in Torres on a free transfer from Man City and only just read he is out for 4 - 6 weeks with a fractured foot :))

When did you bring in Torres? Before the internationals?

Yeah which was a bad idea, took a hit and got a replacement in.
    My good fortune continues, I brought in Torres on a free transfer from Man City and only just read he is out for 4 - 6 weeks with a fractured foot :))

If he was out only for a week or so, it might have been better to make use of the bench, but as he's out for this long, a replacement – even if it means taking a hit – is probably a good solution.

Two question marks in my team this gameweek: Rüdiger who is definitely out, and Raphinha, who might not feature either. Might bench Raphinha and play Smith Rowe instead, but I fear Arsenal will struggle against Palace.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

If he was out only for a week or so, it might have been better to make use of the bench, but as he's out for this long, a replacement – even if it means taking a hit – is probably a good solution.

Two question marks in my team this gameweek: Rüdiger who is definitely out, and Raphinha, who might not feature either. Might bench Raphinha and play Smith Rowe instead, but I fear Arsenal will struggle against Palace.

Yeah considered price drop and also the state of my bench had no option really.

My team is not great currently though its going to take weeks to sort, still a long way to go in the season though.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 17,241

Yeah considered price drop and also the state of my bench had no option really.

My team is not great currently though its going to take weeks to sort, still a long way to go in the season though.

Yeah, price changes are tricky early in the season. Not that catching price rises is everything, but it helps not losing out on a player by 0.1!

We're only 8 gameweeks in, so there's plenty of time to change things around. There's points to be gained by teams with favourable fixtures, I think. City and Chelsea should deliver going forward. Liverpool have a decent run of games soon too.
    I was out early this morning forgot to check my team though happy with it, went with salah and United to inconsistent to pick Ronny.
    Here are the gameweek 8 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 11
    Ronaldo: 4
    Grealish: 3
    Lukaku: 2
    Fernandes: 2
    Mané: 1
    Jota: 1
    Son: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Cancelo: 1

We have a varied list of captaincy picks in the first gameweek after the international break, but Salah is by far the most captained player in our league. Ronaldo, Grealish, Lukaku and Fernandes are the only other players backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    I was out early this morning forgot to check my team though happy with it, went with salah and United to inconsistent to pick Ronny.

Don't like to have my captained in the early kickoff, but I went with Salah too, as he's delivered so consistently so far this season. Brought in Alexander-Arnold for the injured Rüdiger.
    Assist so far from salah, I got Jota in for a hit and he was benched lol Hopefully he will come on and score.
    Greenwood starts thank god, I was starting to worry not being able to field 11 players with Jota staying benched.
    On a red arrow currently, though I'm happy I made the right captaincy call. Jiménez' cameo blocks Livramento's clean sheet, which is very annoying. I did consider playing Livramento against a Leeds team likely to be without Raphinha, but couldn't decide who to bench for him.
    On a red arrow currently, though I'm happy I made the right captaincy call. Jiménez' cameo blocks Livramento's clean sheet, which is very annoying. I did consider playing Livramento against a Leeds team likely to be without Raphinha, but couldn't decide who to bench for him.

After another Ole masterclass I ignored football for the rest of the day. :))

I've been there a few times already this season, since Arsenal have been so horrible. :)) Curious to see how they will handle Palace; I think they will struggle to get anything from that match.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 23,105

I've been there a few times already this season, since Arsenal have been so horrible. :)) Curious to see how they will handle Palace; I think they will struggle to get anything from that match.

Arsenal scraped a draw in the end, better than United we are losing 2 - 0 at half time in CL at home its getting worse, no Pogba no DVDB no Sancho all benched.

Ole has gone backwards and his relying on a moment to win games has run dry. Ole Park the bus tactics has collapsed, Ole has no tactics and its got to end now.

Ole has world class players and does not know how to coach them.

Edited: Players bailed Ole out again with a great comeback winning 3 - 2, it's great though not sustainable.

Arsenal scraped a draw in the end, better than United we are losing 2 - 0 at half time in CL at home its getting worse, no Pogba no DVDB no Sancho all benched.

Ole has gone backwards and his relying on a moment to win games has run dry. Ole Park the bus tactics has collapsed, Ole has no tactics and its got to end now.

Edited: Players bailed Ole out again with a great comeback winning 3 - 2, it's great though not sustainable.

At least United have European football! :))

I still find it strange to see Solskjær managing United. Always thought them giving him the job was just as an interim appointment until they could find the top manager they wanted.

I still find it strange to see Solskjær managing United. Always thought them giving him the job was just as an interim appointment until they could find the top manager they wanted.

I love Ole as a player and always will and some aspects of his management seem to work, man management for example though tactically he is probably the worst manager in the league and three years on he has shown no signs of improvement. Now Ole has one of the best squads in Europe, its ridiculous the fire power at our disposal (admittedly we need a CDM).

I don't want to see all this talent wasted as with Ronny here for maybe 2 or 3 years and being one of the best players in the world we need to be winning things now.

I made an early transfer again lol not injured currently. This transfer should be guaranteed points.
    Only just realised there was an early deadline, think I am going with form for my captaincy.

I love Ole as a player and always will and some aspects of his management seem to work, man management for example though tactically he is probably the worst manager in the league and three years on he has shown no signs of improvement. Now Ole has one of the best squads in Europe, its ridiculous the fire power at our disposal (admittedly we need a CDM).

I don't want to see all this talent wasted as with Ronny here for maybe 2 or 3 years and being one of the best players in the world we need to be winning things now.

I made an early transfer again lol not injured currently. This transfer should be guaranteed points.

Do you think Ole will be in charge next season if he doesn't win a trophy this season? As you write, United need to win things now.

Late transfer for me, with Vardy replacing the injured Lukaku. Not a transfer I wanted to prioritise, but I had no other choice.
    Only just realised there was an early deadline, think I am going with form for my captaincy.

Almost forgot the early deadline too! Just sat down with my laptop, sorting out the bench order.
    @Torgeirtrap if Ole got top 4 I would not be surprised if he kept his job the way things are currently which would be waste of a good squad.

Vardy could be a good move he is always capable of a haul.

I went with Salah as Captain our defence is shocking, that game could easily be 2 - 2 or 3 - 2 either way.
    The deadline for gameweek 9 has just passed, so it's very late to post the gameweek 8 update now, but we have to congratulate Charlton Pathetic as the gameweek 8 winner, scoring 60 points – congratulations! =D>

6f7mvCk.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 56 - TOT 555
    2. CSAC: GW 52 - TOT 510
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 58 - TOT 508
    4. أبو كاتم : GW 48 – TOT 476
    5. Charlton Pathetic: GW 60 - TOT 454
    6. Team Extreme: GW 57 - TOT 451
    7. �: GW 54 - TOT 447
    8. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 46 - TOT 443
    9 .Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 54 - TOT 438
    10. Incredible XI: GW 56 - TOT 429
    11. Kicked in Dias: GW 56 - TOT 428
    12. Cremonese-Killen: GW 49 - TOT 425
    13. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 52 - TOT 420
    14. The Best: GW 59 - TOT 414
    15. The Vardy Boyz: GW 45 - TOT 410
    16. Bad gang XI: GW 51 - TOT 407
    17. Liverpool Richmond: GW 47 - TOT 400
    18. Lucky Ducks: GW 36 - TOT 391
    19. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 46 - TOT 389
    20. Benny's Blues: GW 53 - TOT 376
    21. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 56 - TOT 376
    22. Anfield FC: GW 49 - TOT 374
    23. Red Warriors: GW 37 - TOT 371
    24. on the throne: GW 50 - TOT 371
    25. GoldyThe Ref: GW 34 -TOT 346
    26. United Team: GW 36 - TOT 296
    27. CFC: GW 29 - TOT 218
    @Torgeirtrap if Ole got top 4 I would not be surprised if he kept his job the way things are currently which would be waste of a good squad.

I went with Salah as Captain our defence is shocking, that game could easily be 2 - 2 or 3 - 2 either way.

With that squad it should be appealing for a bigger name to take charge at Old Trafford. Could Conte be a man for United to target, should Ole fail to deliver?

I hope Vardy can keep up his form, but Brentford away will be a challenge. The plan was to captain Lukaku this week, but as he's out, I was left with few choices but Salah. Salah has had a great season so far though, and he could score against any team.

With that squad it should be appealing for a bigger name to take charge at Old Trafford. Could Conte be a man for United to target, should Ole fail to deliver?

I hope Vardy can keep up his form, but Brentford away will be a challenge. The plan was to captain Lukaku this week, but as he's out, I was left with few choices but Salah. Salah has had a great season so far though, and he could score against any team.

We often here this '2 year 3 year plan etc' I don't buy it. Look at Chelsea they don't mess about if something is not working they get a manager in and win trophies.

I have recently from some give Ole time, I say time to do what exactly lol

Leicester are hit and miss though capable of a good performance when least expecting it.

---

Congratulations Charlton Pathetic.
    Here are the gameweek 9 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 12
    Vardy: 4
    Ronaldo: 3
    Grealish: 2
    Cancelo: 2
    Fernandes: 1
    Sarr: 1
    Alonso: 1

Since Lukaku misses the Norwich game, we're a popular captaincy pick less to choose from this gameweek. 12 (!) managers in our league have backed Salah to deliver against United, which is by far the most captained player in our league. Vardy, Ronaldo, Grealish and Cancelo are the only other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

We often here this '2 year 3 year plan etc' I don't buy it. Look at Chelsea they don't mess about if something is not working they get a manager in and win trophies.

Leicester are hit and miss though capable of a good performance when least expecting it.

---

Indeed, Chelsea have had great success with their managerial appointments, and aren't afraid to look elsewhere if they don't see results. The Tuchel appointment paid off big time. There's always a case for giving managers time, but it can also cause a team to cease developing, or as in Arsenal's case, fall behind the rest.

That's my fear bringing in a Leicester player; they can be all over the place performance wise.

Since Lukaku misses the Norwich game, we're a popular captaincy pick less to choose from this gameweek. 12 (!) managers in our league have backed Salah to deliver against United, which is by far the most captained player in our league. Vardy, Ronaldo, Grealish and Cancelo are the only other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

---

Indeed, Chelsea have had great success with their managerial appointments, and aren't afraid to look elsewhere if they don't see results. The Tuchel appointment paid off big time. There's always a case for giving managers time, but it can also cause a team to cease developing, or as in Arsenal's case, fall behind the rest.

That's my fear bringing in a Leicester player; they can be all over the place performance wise.

Good result for Arsenal I was pretty sure you had Smith Rowe then just saw he is your second sub, a couple of no shows in your starting 11 would not be a bad thing.

---

Good result for Arsenal I was pretty sure you had Smith Rowe then just saw he is your second sub, a couple of no shows in your starting 11 would not be a bad thing.

Haha, no it wouldn't! Fully expected Arsenal to lose yesterday's match, so I didn't even bother to put Smith Rowe as first sub.
    Three times this season I transferred a Chelsea defender in and each time they were benched and Chelsea got a clean sheet :)) this season the FPL Gods hate me :))
    Three times this season I transferred a Chelsea defender in and each time they were benched and Chelsea got a clean sheet :)) this season the FPL Gods hate me :))

The Chelsea defence is so frustrating! Fully expect Azpilicueta to make a cameo appearance now…

The Chelsea defence is so frustrating! Fully expect Azpilicueta to make a cameo appearance now…

I guess being objective credit to Tuchel for rotating and doing well. I brought in Azpilicueta this week based on his stats I thought he would be certain to start, has done all season.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    7-0 win for Chelsea against Norwich. Points plus a goal difference advantage

I guess being objective credit to Tuchel for rotating and doing well. I brought in Azpilicueta this week based on his stats I thought he would be certain to start, has done all season.

Yep, that's why I brought him in on wildcard too. I guess we can expect anyone to be benched in that defence, as they have so many great options.
    Benny wrote: »
    7-0 win for Chelsea against Norwich. Points plus a goal difference advantage

Great game by Chelsea!
    Not having any Chelsea assets hurts right now, a good day for Mount owners.
    Not having any Chelsea assets hurts right now, a good day for Mount owners.

Nearly brought in Havertz myself, which in hindsight worked out fine. Mount looks tempting going forward.