The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Elton John is buzzing final whistle gone Watford 2 - 1 Spurs

Totally understandable, haha!
    Jose looks as relieved as me, last twenty minutes with ten men has galvanised United they played well.

There were rumours he might get sacked if results didn't go United's way. If true, then a win with 10 men would make him very relieved!

Two week break now, there is a pointless international mini tournament I think it's an attempt to give friendlys more validity.

I hate international breaks. Ruins all the fun of league football!
    @Torgeirtrap 61 total for me this week I think I am only 2 points off you now, my Wildcard and transfers have paid off big time... So far :))

Wow, that's impressive! My wildcard picks have not done anything, and I see hits incoming before the next deadline…

Not bad considering the poor start I had, I am debating whether to stick with Aguero got a few weeks to think about it.

England are playing Spain though it just halts domestic football when everyone is getting into it.

I think I would keep Agüero. As far as playing time for City players, he's one of the safer picks. Might see some rotation eventually though, as Pep has plenty of options.

Yeah City are a fantasy football nightmare anyone who selected Sane can't be happy, god knows what's happened to him.

I think I read a headline suggesting a falling out with Pep, but that might just be newspaper talk. I had Mahrez myself, so I know the feeling!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Jose looks as relieved as me, last twenty minutes with ten men has galvanised United they played well.

There were rumours he might get sacked if results didn't go United's way. If true, then a win with 10 men would make him very relieved!

Two week break now, there is a pointless international mini tournament I think it's an attempt to give friendlys more validity.

@Torgeirtrap 61 total for me this week I think I am only 2 points off you now, my Wildcard and transfers have paid off big time... So far :))

Wow, that's impressive! My wildcard picks have not done anything, and I see hits incoming before the next deadline…

Not bad considering the poor start I had, I am debating whether to stick with Aguero got a few weeks to think about it.

England are playing Spain though it just halts domestic football when everyone is getting into it.

I think I would keep Agüero. As far as playing time for City players, he's one of the safer picks. Might see some rotation eventually though, as Pep has plenty of options.

Yeah City are a fantasy football nightmare anyone who selected Sane can't be happy, god knows what's happened to him.

I think I read a headline suggesting a falling out with Pep, but that might just be newspaper talk. I had Mahrez myself, so I know the feeling!

Maybe his big time Charlie attitude he had towards Germany has caused issues at City.

Maybe his big time Charlie attitude he had towards Germany has caused issues at City.

Who knows, that might be it. I think David Silva can be a good option too, now that De Bruyne is out. Other than that, the midfield looks like a rotation nightmare.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Who knows, that might be it. I think David Silva can be a good option too, now that De Bruyne is out. Other than that, the midfield looks like a rotation nightmare.

Mahrez maybe more a replacement for Sane than back up, City need Debruyne back for sure he elevates them to another level.

Mahrez maybe more a replacement for Sane than back up, City need Debruyne back for sure he elevates them to another level.

That might be a good point about Mahrez and Sané. Will be interesting to see what happens in the January window if this continues. Early still, of course.

De Bruyne missing will no doubt affect City. I don't think they've looked that impressive in the matches without him.

That might be a good point about Mahrez and Sané. Will be interesting to see what happens in the January window if this continues. Early still, of course.

De Bruyne missing will no doubt affect City. I don't think they've looked that impressive in the matches without him.

De Bruyne certainly last season gave them another dimension and unlocked stubborn teams, he is up there with Scholes and Gerrard at there peaks.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,272

De Bruyne certainly last season gave them another dimension and unlocked stubborn teams, he is up there with Scholes and Gerrard at there peaks.

He really is incredible. Pep will be happy when De Bruyne is back and available again!
    Gameweek 4 update!
    1. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 50 - TOT: 274
    2. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 53 - TOT: 232
    3. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 47 - TOT: 223
    4. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 61 - TOT: 221
    5. We Need Help - GW: 47 - TOT: 220
    6. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 49 - TOT: 190
    7. Kloppites - GW: 28 - TOT: 180
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 25 - TOT: 173
    9. alisson wonderland - GW: 23 - TOT: 165
    10. Octobenny - GW: 26 - TOT: 144

Team Oh Na Na What’s Mané finishes another GW in the lead as we enter the international break! Some good scores across the table, with TEAM EXTREME scoring impressive 61 points after using the wildcard. Going into a week without fantasy football, it might be worth keeping an eye on potential injuries for players on international duties, which has happened before.

Next deadline is 15 Sep 11:30 (UK time)!
    Price changes won't stop because of an international break. Here are some recent price rises and falls:

The way Chelsea set up I think Alonso will just keep racking up points, he gets into some great advanced positions.
    The way Chelsea set up I think Alonso will just keep racking up points, he gets into some great advanced positions.

He really does, much like last season. Chelsea still have some good fixtures coming up, which will make Alonso a good defender option for any FPL team.

He really does, much like last season. Chelsea still have some good fixtures coming up, which will make Alonso a good defender option for any FPL team.

Holebas has been a good purchase for me he got two assists yesterday against Spurs, that's four assists in four games for him.
    Now the pointless international break is over its back to the real business, think I'll stick with the team I had two weeks ago with just a change in Captain.
    Now the pointless international break is over its back to the real business, think I'll stick with the team I had two weeks ago with just a change in Captain.

It's been a long wait for gameweek 5, that's for sure!
    Saving a free transfer can be smart, as you never know with injuries etc. – two free transfers is always great to have. I have a few issues in my team, but might take the chance without making a transfer. Undecided still, though.

Saving a free transfer can be smart, as you never know with injuries etc. – two free transfers is always great to have. I have a few issues in my team, but might take the chance without making a transfer. Undecided still, though.

Just been checking stats City v Fulham could be a goal fest Fulham play very open though have a poor record against City.

So free transfers mount up each game if you don't use them?

Just been checking stats City v Fulham could be a goal fest Fulham play very open though have a poor record against City.

I can see goals both ways in that match; Fulham have been decent so far, and Mitrović just fits that team so well.

You can save up one additional free transfers (two i total) - but never more than just the two. So if you have two free transfers before one gameweek, and don't do/see the need for any transfers, then you'll only have two free transfers the week after.

That's a lucky situation though, so if yo need to "burn a transfer" and have no major issues, you can always just use that free transfer on one of your cheap players, if you see another player in the same price range that's more likely to deliver points.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,267

I can see goals both ways in that match; Fulham have been decent so far, and Mitrović just fits that team so well.

You can save up one additional free transfers (two i total) - but never more than just the two. So if you have two free transfers before one gameweek, and don't do/see the need for any transfers, then you'll only have two free transfers the week after.

That's a lucky situation though, so if yo need to "burn a transfer" and have no major issues, you can always just use that free transfer on one of your cheap players, if you see another player in the same price range that's more likely to deliver points.

Interesting comes in handy if a major injury occurs, I am really happy with my first eleven though hoping my bench increases in price so I can get a better player in, I intentionally bought some injured players hoping when fit there price will increase, not sure if that tactic will work. Lol

Interesting comes in handy if a major injury occurs, I am really happy with my first eleven though hoping my bench increases in price so I can get a better player in, I intentionally bought some injured players hoping when fit there price will increase, not sure if that tactic will work. Lol

It's very handy. Having a couple of transfers also gives you the opportunity doing a "mini wildcard", spending the two transfers, and making an additional transfer for a -4, if necessary.

As long as the injured players haven't gone down further in price after you got them, or have long-term injuries that might lead to further price drops, they might go up in price. It helps if those players are likely to get attacking returns and/or clean sheets.

It's very handy. Having a couple of transfers also gives you the opportunity doing a "mini wildcard", spending the two transfers, and making an additional transfer for a -4, if necessary.

As long as the injured players haven't gone down further in price after you got them, or have long-term injuries that might lead to further price drops, they might go up in price. It helps if those players are likely to get attacking returns and/or clean sheets.

Tempted to use Triple Captain for City v Fulham though there is always the danger of International break hangover.

Tempted to use Triple Captain for City v Fulham though there is always the danger of International break hangover.

I can see the temptation, but it's still very early to use the chips, IMO. Might still work out fine though!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,267

I can see the temptation, but it's still very early to use the chips, IMO. Might still work out fine though!

Yeah there is a long way to go, I guess I want to make ground up in the league lol

Yeah there is a long way to go, I guess I want to make ground up in the league lol

That's understandable! It's never easy deciding when to use the chips. You can only look at the fixtures, your team and follow your gut feeling really.

…as with every decision in the game, haha!

That's understandable! It's never easy deciding when to use the chips. You can only look at the fixtures, your team and follow your gut feeling really.

Heading to work I'll mull it over, I'll check what Aguero has been upto during the last week, I have a gut feeling he will score a Hatrick lol

Heading to work I'll mull it over, I'll check what Aguero has been upto during the last week, I have a gut feeling he will score a Hatrick lol

I think Agüero can be a good option for captaincy this week - Triple Captain or not!

I think Agüero can be a good option for captaincy this week - Triple Captain or not!

Just checked the squad listing for Argentina'recent friendlies Aguero was not involved so should be fresh

Just checked the squad listing for Argentina'recent friendlies Aguero was not involved so should be fresh

Wasn't aware of that! Good news for Fantasy teams around the world, this.

I am probably going over the top with my research lol

There's no such thing as too much research in FPL! :))

It occurred to me earlier it will probably make no difference me researching, though its fun kidding myself into thinking I know what I am doing :))

It occurred to me earlier it will probably make no difference me researching, though its fun kidding myself into thinking I know what I am doing :))

Whatever it takes to be confident in the team before the deadline, I'll say! Research may pay off. :-D