The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Just watching England, totally uninspiring

Not a lot happening in that game yet, no. Sums up international games perfectly!

Easy win England have very good attackers though our midfield is ordinary

Flattering score given the two penalties, but Bulgaria made it easy for them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Not a lot happening in that game yet, no. Sums up international games perfectly!

Bulgaria were poor

I have a few FPL videos to watch, still not sure what I will do with Laporte

Bulgaria were poor

You could always get Zinchenko or maybe Otamendi?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,102

Bulgaria were poor

Yeah noticed Laporte price not dropped as yet, I could do a swap to Van Dyke Allison must be nearing a return to improve that defence, I may double up on Liverpool again at the back

Edited: Looking at respective fixtures there is some City clean sheet points to be had there. I just don't trust Pep he could easily bring in Cancelo, though Mendy is still injured hmm
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241

Bulgaria were poor

Yeah noticed Laporte price not dropped as yet, I could do a swap to Van Dyke Allison must be nearing a return to improve that defence, I may double up on Liverpool again at the back

Edited: Looking at respective fixtures there is some City clean sheet points to be had there. I just don't trust Pep he could easily bring in Cancelo, though Mendy is still injured hmm

Fortunately, player prices haven't changed much yet during the international break. We might see more changes closer to next weekend though.

There's always the Pep roulette to take into consideration (unfortunately for us playing FPL). Burnley have a nice run of fixtures too, so you can always consider downgrading to a Burnley defender.
    In a dilemma with Captain choice for this week Salah or Sterling, I can't blank Captain for a forth week. Could Newcastle do a smash and grab like they did against Spurs at Anfield, will Norwich injury ravaged defence ship a cricket score against City. United without Pogba, Martial and Shaw with Wan Bissaka as a doubt, could Vardy bring home the points at Old Trafford... So many questions
    Lacazette is out until October injured !!!! #-o
    barryt007 wrote: »

Aubameyang playing up top I think is far more effective than him on the wing and a more appealing FPL asset, Pepe should start more games? I think you have more depth with your forwards far better than our (United) options.

Aubameyang playing up top I think is far more effective than him on the wing and a more appealing FPL asset, Pepe should start more games? I think you have more depth with your forwards far better than our (United) options.

Aubameyang up front with Pepe and Reiss Nelson (or maybe even Ceballos) out wide, I would imagine!

Aubameyang up front with Pepe and Reiss Nelson (or maybe even Ceballos) out wide, I would imagine!

If I had the cash I would consider bringing in Aubameyang against Watford certainly with him as a central striker

If I had the cash I would consider bringing in Aubameyang against Watford certainly with him as a central striker

Would be tempted by doing the same too, but it won't be possible with current team structure. Maybe something to consider when using the wildcard!
    I played my Wildcard though have not taken any hits, I am going to attempt to take no hits at all if possible, not sure it will be possible we will see
    I played my Wildcard though have not taken any hits, I am going to attempt to take no hits at all if possible, not sure it will be possible we will see

You played it going into this gameweek?

After GW3 it was a smart move as my previous team would have done very poorly, bringing in Vardy paid off

After GW3 it was a smart move as my previous team would have done very poorly, bringing in Vardy paid off

Ah, I forgot about that. I think many that have played the wildcard early have benefited from it, bringing in in-form players, and at the same time increased their team value. I hope I can hold on to the wildcard as long as possible, but at the same time it's there to be used.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for GW5:

Ederson
    Azpi, Van Dijk, Digne
    Mount, James, Sterling, Richarlison
    Callum Wilson, Pukki, Jimenez
    Some potential differentials there @DaltonCraig007.
    ---
    I am stuck in a dilemma Captain Sterling or Salah, will Pep Roulette bench Sterling prior to champions league games Gr Salah seems to be the safe option though Norwich defence is decimated
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    ---
    I am stuck in a dilemma Captain Sterling or Salah, will Pep Roulette bench Sterling prior to champions league games Gr Salah seems to be the safe option though Norwich defence is decimated

I'm hoping that if Everton concedes (preferably from a Callum Wilson goal), Digne will get an assist for his team (he's had 2 assists in 2/4 games so far).
    ---

I'm hoping that if Everton concedes (preferably from a Callum Wilson goal), Digne will get an assist for his team (he's had 2 assists in 2/4 games so far).

Bournemouth defence is not great I can definately see them conceding and Digne is one of Everton 's best attacking threats, I almost brought him in this week to replace Laporte though got Van Dyke instead
    Still tinkering with my team, and yet to decide if I'm making one transfer, two (for a hit) or playing the team I have lined up now. As things stands, I'm playing a 5-4-1 with Pukki as my only striker…
    Firmino on the bench for Liverpool!
    Here are the gameweek 5 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 7
    Sterling: 6
    Aubameyang: 2
    van Dijk: 1
    Kane: 1
    Agüero: 1

It's very much the battle between Salah and Sterling for many managers in our league this weekend, with Aubameyang, van Dijk, Kane and Agüero the rest of the picks. Good luck everyone!
    Double Liverpool clean sheet gone. Came close to taking out van Dijk for a hit to upgrade Jota, but didn't go trough with the transfer…
    Well my double Liverpool defence cost me, I accept I guess that will happen sometimes.
    Well my double Liverpool defence cost me, I accept I guess that will happen sometimes.

That's FPL! Not too confident in the Liverpool defence with Chelsea up next, so it might just be time to do something about that double-up…
    Son and Abraham nightmare not owning either

Four goals from Chelsea and no Mount points gr
    Rumours that Pep is resting players, KDB rumoured to be on the bench

Confirmed KDB benched
    2 points are sprinkled across my team like confetti, terrible week

Edited: Mount goal thank god

One consolation United injury ravaged side beat Leicester
    Difficult gameweek for sure! Those who jumped on the Abraham train (and/or got Son early) have got great returns.
    Difficult gameweek for sure! Those who jumped on the Abraham train (and/or got Son early) have got great returns.

I had two clean sheets till late on and predictably they went which is typical, Abraham is on fire though Liverpool next. Despite a bad week I will hold off on transfers and let two free transfers build up, got to play the long game